• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Found a slight improvement of a weapon already (only 750 dmg though). No legendaries, but a TON more yellows than usual. I still can't do act 3 yet, but act 2 is pretty darn easy. I don't even need WotB on my bar for once, so it's fun to experiment with different skills now that they don't suck as much.

Cipherr

f2y8Y.jpg

From what I can tell from playing, all of the low level paragon levels are going to come steady, and quickly. I got to 3, and its only 11m to the next level so its nice that the ramp starts low so everyone can learn about it.

The paragon stuff fits so nicely with the increased drops from normal mobs. Now everyone WANTS to kill the trash. Never been in a 4 player game where everyone insisted on clearing every mini dungeon and rare pack+trash along the way until today. Very very fun.

Ive got 3 tabs and a full inventory of rares I didnt I.D. yet.

inky

3 runs, 2 paragon levels, 0 good items. Maybe I got a different patch?

My Enchantress is happy though:

dZmAj.png

Meh.. At least I can do Act II with bottom tier equipment.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I also hit Paragon 3 before I stopped playing. Not taking too long for the earlier levels. You can tell it'll be an absolute craw at the higher levels though lol.

mehhh, could be worse.

Going to try it on my WD with Spiders and crit hit/dmg stuff. With mass spiders the chance to slow enemies could be good.

Tom Penny

Damn this shit is insane easier. I've been just messing around hitting blinding flash, overawe then SSS. Poor elites lol. Crazy not even using serenity.

Opened the game for the first time after patching and was looking at the auction house, tried to search for Fire Walkers and the game crashed to desktop immediately. Don't think the game's ever crashed for me before

ZenaxPure

Managed to get to paragon level 2 before I had to go offline and do stuff (such as take a wonderful nap). Looking forward to doing some more stuff tonight. Did 3 runs but found pretty much crap all around. I hope my legendary streak isn't running out, I knew about 15 legendaries in the last 2 weeks before the patch wasn't a good thing!

So Kripparrian is testing some of the legendaries with procs and it is clear that even the ones with huge proc rates (like Thundergod's Vigor) have relatively long internal cooldowns. The shock pulse from Tgods is going off maybe every 2 seconds even when he's landing hundreds of hits on big packs of enemies with whirlwind and tornadoes. Same with the earth sundering effect on Cataclysm.

neoism

3 runs, 2 paragon levels, 0 good items. Maybe I got a different patch?

My Enchantress is happy though:

dZmAj.png

Meh.. At least I can do Act II with bottom tier equipment.

I have shitty gf and mf inky or I would have played with you I didn't get nuffein either but I made about 600k and got a great shoulder for 200k I got fucking lucky in the first group of random must have had mad MF I found like 60 rares in the first act 1 run. You should play with random sometimes you get a good team. the first was great and then shit.... Act 2 isn't that hard with a group but only got 10 rares going halfway through.... sticking to act 1 for now I like it more.

Zertez

Fucking Ghom

How to kill him as a WD?
I had a Barb from here help me, but I have gone back and beat him solo as well. Barbarians cut him down easily and he is a complete joke for most barbs with solid gear. Basically I kited him around the room using darts and bears thrown in when mana was ok. At each corner you can stand in two spots before the gas overwhelms you, then you move to the next corner. By the time you get back to the first corner, the gas should be disappearing. Tank doctors with nice LoH and rain should still be able to kill him fairly easy, but I havent tested it personally with the new patch. With the VQ nerf, I think bear spam is out now.

Holy shit at barb skill Rend.
It's so OP now lol
I think Im switching from WD to Barb for good now after the changes. Barbs are just too good and while I think the WD changes are a nice start, Im still struggling with mana problems and tired of being frustrated with it.

neoism

So Kripparrian is testing some of the legendaries with procs and it is clear that even the ones with huge proc rates (like Thundergod's Vigor) have relatively long internal cooldowns. The shock pulse from Tgods is going off maybe every 2 seconds even when he's landing hundreds of hits on big packs of enemies with whirlwind and tornadoes. Same with the earth sundering effect on Cataclysm.

let me guess kripp played for 5 minutes and got 5 legendaries of somethin lol

let me guess kripp played for 5 minutes and got 5 legendaries of somethin lol

He's just buying them off the AH. Some of the ones with procs are low level things that cost next to nothing. The Tgods is ilvl 63 and cost 50 million, but that was the only expensive one.

inky

I have shitty gf and mf inky or I would have played with you I didn't get nuffein either but I made about 600k and got a great shoulder for 200k I got fucking lucky in the first group of random must have had mad MF I found like 60 rares in the first act 1 run. You should play with random sometimes you get a good team. the first was great and then shit.... Act 2 isn't that hard with a group but only got 10 rares going halfway through.... sticking to act 1 for now I like it more.

It wouldn't matter as GF/MF are nor averaged anymore I think. I don't play with others often not because I don't like it, but because I'm always multitasking, and sometimes I leave a game on pause for half an hour or more while I do some other stuff. I mean, I have D3 running with a 5 stack right now, and I'm on my phone in another room :p That's the reason I can't bring myself to finish something like Demon's Souls, I'm terrible at playing something for more than 20 minutes straight.

I think I'm going to try and maximize my MF again and run Act I as fast as i can. I need to try some of the new legendaries, and they used to drop like candy there for me.

neoism

It wouldn't matter as GF/MF are nor averaged anymore I think. I don't play with others often not because I don't like it, but because I'm always multitasking, and sometimes I leave a game on pause for half an hour or more while I do some other stuff. I mean, I have D3 running with a 5 stack right now, and I'm on my phone in another room :p That's the reason I can't bring myself to finish something like Demon's Souls, I'm terrible at playing something for more than 20 minutes straight.

I think I'm going to try and maximize my MF again and run Act I as fast as i can. I need to try some of the new legendaries, and they used to drop like candy there for me.

lol not sure then the first game was rare city lol.. I know what you mean most of the time I don't like some groups speed I like to play shit at my pace..... The only good thing is you get xp when the other team mates kill stuff.. lol :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom