• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

larvi

What does everyone think these crafting recepies will do to the market? It could make everything but legendaries and set worthless. I mean ... if people all of a sudden don't need gold to buy armor, a lot of current gear will become less valuable and people's gold stocks will increase without as many slots to lookk for upgrades on.

Yeah, I mentioned that issue before 1.07 even came out. I've never found a >100m jackpot item to sell in over 1000 hours, most of the money I've gotten has been selling midrange priced gear in the 1m-5m range. That market is going to be pretty much gone now. I know blizzard is trying to create a gold sink to remove some of the $$$ from the economy but this is going to make it tougher on the folks that don't have a lot of $$$ to begin with imo.

Tarazet

Yeah, I mentioned that issue before 1.07 even came out. I've never found a >100m jackpot item to sell in over 1000 hours, most of the money I've gotten has been selling midrange priced gear in the 1m-5m range. That market is going to be pretty much gone now. I know blizzard is trying to create a gold sink to remove some of the $$$ from the economy but this is going to make it tougher on the folks that don't have a lot of $$$ to begin with imo.

The items are so expensive to craft, I can't see it being worth it for anyone but people with tons of gold/cash to burn trying to gear up alts.

Shifty76

The shoulders are OK, the second more so than the first, but those bracers are nothing special. How much gold do you have that you consider upgrades to that outside of your price range?

I did have 40m but right now I'm down to around 10 due to some ill-advised brimstone speculation. I do have 700 brimstones though...

larvi

The items are so expensive to craft, I can't see it being worth it for anyone but people with tons of gold/cash to burn trying to gear up alts.

Not really, 25-50k isn't all that much. You can probably make the equivalent of what used to be 100m+ vile wards spending less than 5m.

Zzoram

Wait, when did patch 1.07 come out? I stopped playing just after Paragon levels were added which was 1.04. The patch notes say they added Brawling, which sounds like a PvP mode. I thought they cancelled PvP?

Can someone sum up the major changes since the patch that first added Paragon levels?

Shifty76

woo, another upgrade via crafting. THis was my 3rd dex amulet craft.
Going to have to switch to cold resist at some point if these crafts keep rolling cold!

Vio-Lence

Banned

crafting is pretty cheap imo. you can easily craft 1 item per run basically with whatever gold you pick up and items you salvage.

RivalCore

Decided to try crafting a pair of shoulders for shit'n'giggles.

ayIOxCm.jpg

Better than my Vile Wards!

I've never had an item worth more than 5m on any of my chars, most of my gear is below 2m/piece. So yeah, I'd need to spend about 5m for pants that are a downgrade for me wit the tiny exception of the movement speed. Hell, compared to prices of regular pants, even 20m inna's are a downgrade compared to something worth like 1-2m, and that's after taking the ASPD into account.

Yea but you can't think of it like that cause getting the MS onto your pants frees up either boots or bracers to go pure dps. N ice climbers can go like 300 main stat n vit n life % and a socket. It'll come out higher in the end also the as n crit bonus on Innas make the dps turn out pretty good after the gems.

Also crafter 20 amulets n finally got an upgrade. Still will craft more m hope for a trifecta strength n also the shoulders can be good upgrade for me if I craft enough.

Ill be on later tonight

Shifty76

New shoulders for my fire monk :D

YTUCOi5.jpg

Gone from 130k dps unbuffed to 140k unbuffed and 550k EHP to 600k EHP just from these new crafts. Cost me under a million all up, and my old shoulders just sold for 15m, so net gold gain too.
FoT dmg gone from 560k to 646k buffed

Now to get myself a decent chest piece...

Here's me now: http://d3up.com/b/13426

balddemon

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Was cleaning my stash of shit and I salvaged my offhand! NOoooooo!!

I've still got that mighty weapon you couldn't sell, or you could have your echoing fury back :D

edit: oh and sorry I didn't get on last night, disgaea 4 sucked me in bad.

kennah

I've still got that mighty weapon you couldn't sell, or you could have your echoing fury back :D

edit: oh and sorry I didn't get on last night, disgaea 4 sucked me in bad.

Turns out it wasn't a huge deal, I had a good weapon stashed on my templar. It also gave me the chance to experiment with a 250dps 90cd, socket, 2.5% life steal offhand. I have mixed feelings about it.

Found the amulet of dex. Amulets ain't cheap crafting.

Also finally got the armor I bought. 48 hours after I bought it.

Also ... If anyone needs help with anything in game, including keys and ubers, let me know. Fenderputty#1180

Tarazet

Found the amulet of dex. Amulets ain't cheap crafting.

Also finally got the armor I bought. 48 hours after I bought it.

Also ... If anyone needs help with anything in game, including keys and ubers, let me know. Fenderputty#1180

Yeah.. it's a perfect square emerald, a brimstone, and a demonic essence, plus 75k? gold. That's pricey.

100k. I'm not super lucky with my crafting either. The razorspikes are cheaper. I like that they make the essences account bound. You have to go farm them.

calder

I played D3 for a few weeks after launch and liked it fine but stopped with my main, a Monk, at level 52 or so and hadn't played much since. But a coworker still clocks serious hours in it so I've been hearing about all the new stuff and it all sounded good, so last week he ran me through inferno for an hour and power leveled me to 60.

So yesterday I have a day off and start it up and now... I'm so damn addicted to this game again. The nephalim valor mechanic is brilliant, I'm up to paragon 4 in no time and my maxed out crafting suddenly has a purpose so I'm gleefully banking demonic essences until I can get an Archon plan. Last night I briefly dueled with my coworker but even after removing half his gear his DH still roasted me over and over until we eventually were about even, and then it was kinda cool. DH ghost walk bullshit aside naturally ;p

dog$

Hates quality gaming
SB/ZK uber fight is changed enough to the point now that I can't be the solo wiz in a group and lock them both. That's at 2.75 aps / 54.5 cc. SB's grab goes through everything.

Looks like you need to be at least 3.01 and even use Cold Snap rune to lower a few ticks for spamming. Or just bring two wizards.

Otherwise, I was basically worthless this time.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Siegebreaker in particular has much less interruption to attacks once they're initiated, especially the grab.

Today's build I had EB and bubble, so I didn't have teleport. I'd go up to both, sandwich, spam keys, and not get freeze out twice before Zoltan would have a bubble out that I couldn't walk out of before being killed by a tornado.

Locking single targets for stacks and KW kill were fully as normal, so this isn't some wacky CM or FN stealth nerf that only I am imagining.

calder

Cruising through Inferno on my monk but damn Belial just clowned me. I burned down the first two stages almost effortlessly but in his final form he one shots me. :/

Shifty76

Cruising through Inferno on my monk but damn Belial just clowned me. I burned down the first two stages almost effortlessly but in his final form he one shots me. :/

Just gotta learn the pattern of his attacks:

Green circle on top of you: Single hit on that spot. Move to side & keep attacking.

Green circle to your side: Triple hit, first on the circle, second where you were standing when the first started, third in the middle. Move just to the side of the first attack (on the outside) and keep hitting - that's 10 secs of free hits.

Fists in ground: attacks everywhere. Find a safe spot and only move if you have to. Don't even bother trying to attack until he's finished.

Poison breath: Either run towards it to reduce time in it or pop serenity.

neoism

thanks for helping me out Fenderputty... Goddamn leveled for 9 hours. -____- sooo boring and trying... got a nice wiz and only spent about 4mil over all.... hope I can get in the grove in leveling her... still every character should have like 40 movement speed.. the barb has spoiled me....

:( says my Profile Unavailable does not exist in this region on bnet.. blizztards better fix than. :/

Xevren

thanks for helping me out Fenderputty... Goddamn leveled for 9 hours. -____- sooo boring and trying... got a nice wiz and only spent about 4mil over all.... hope I can get in the grove in leveling her... still every character should have like 40 movement speed.. the barb has spoiled me....

:( says my Profile Unavailable does not exist in this region on bnet.. blizztards better fix than. :/

Same issue here with the profile thing, think it's effecting a number of people too.

calder

Just gotta learn the pattern of his attacks:

Green circle on top of you: Single hit on that spot. Move to side & keep attacking.

Green circle to your side: Triple hit, first on the circle, second where you were standing when the first started, third in the middle. Move just to the side of the first attack (on the outside) and keep hitting - that's 10 secs of free hits.

Fists in ground: attacks everywhere. Find a safe spot and only move if you have to. Don't even bother trying to attack until he's finished.

Poison breath: Either run towards it to reduce time in it or pop serenity.
That's super helpful, more so than the youtube clip I watching. Thanks!

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Got my first new patch green gem plans today

cheesus christ 20 million per craft?

Yeah, the new stuff is too expensive for what they are trying to accomplish. On one hand they say they want people to play the game more than the AH so they add BoA stuff, things you can only get and use OFF of the AH. But then on the other hand they make all the shit so gold expensive that they are forcing the players to play the AH just to be able to afford any of it.

I mean, do you know how long it would take a player who ignores the AH to farm up 20 million gold? It's insane...

IlludiumQ36

Best troll legendary I've gotten in a while. Goddamn.

DGcI8FD.jpg

D3 in a nutshell: farm relentlessly, get rewarded with drops like that. Worst ROI for an item-based game ever.

Blizz continues to apply band-aids with these patches(hellfire rings and archon plans) that only serve to divert attention temporarily from the actual problem - the core design of itemization and quality of drops. I honestly don't think it's ever going to be fixed. Sad too as the gameplay mechanics are quite good.

I too have been getting the hit of "time to roll a electric resist monk" with my crafting rolls.

After about 60 crafts I finally upgraded my 1.03-era gloves yesterday. Not a great upgrade-only went up 3k deeps-but I was happy since until that point all of my amulets and gloves had been bricks.

With that out of the way it's back to farming to start working towards a new WKL and probably a Butcher's Sickle since I am way too poor to afford a Lifesteal EF without having my DPS gutted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom