• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellfire ring is low on your priorities to be honest. Unless someone can carry you, you won't be getting one (a decent one) any time soon.

Tempest Rush build can be done kinda cheap, but a really effective one is going require 10+ million gold to acquire all the needed spirit gen gear and high dps. I'd try to build a decent cookie cutter build in the mean time.

So...

In regard to weapons, you want two fast (fists, daggers, swords) one handers for the dual wielding. Dex/Socket/LoH/Crit DMG is what you should be aiming for. There are also probably some cheap, effective legendaries available but I'm not too up on them. You may only LoH on one, so make sure it's a high value and then get the highest Crit DMG with socket on the other.

Get yourself a better chest piece straight away. Make sure it has 3 sockets, anything less is a waste.

You'll want Move Speed (12%) on your boots. Once you do, you can't go back.

You can probably get cheap Dex, 4-6% CC and Average DMG rings on the AH. Average damage will give you a huge DPS boost. Add more stats depending on your budget (Crit DMG, Attack Speed etc.)

For your neck, Dex/CC/Crit DMG is pretty much mandatory for the huge DPS boost. Anything else is a bonus.

For the belt, and I may be wrong, but I don't think Inna's is a useful one at all unless you're going Tempest Rush. A good rare with high Dex, Vit, Resist and Life% will give you a good core defence allowing you to focus DPS on other pieces.

Someone else might chime in with a different opinion, but I think it's a good start. In terms of skills, Fist of Thunder, Blinding Light, Mantra of Conviction, Breathe of Heaven, Sweeping Wind with Cyclone and whatever other skill you want (be it defensive or offensive). It's a standard build but it works really well.

thanks for the advice. I'm pretty poor at the moment but I started doing some farming tonight. Looks like I'll work on the weapons first.

Tarazet

thanks for the advice. I'm pretty poor at the moment but I started doing some farming tonight. Looks like I'll work on the weapons first.

Also, put the biggest Emeralds in your weapons, always. The amount of extra crit damage you will get from sticking your Star Emeralds in there will make a pretty large difference. So will getting even one weapon with a high CD roll. Just for comparison's sake, your main hand and offhand both have CD and are socketed, but even with all that, they only give you 186% CD total. My main hand alone gives me 175%, and my offhand is another 80%. They weren't super expensive either, but those two pieces contribute more than half of my CD. Also, put your highest DPS weapon in your main hand slot.

If you can, keep your current level of Cold Resist, but match or exceed that number of All Resist. 550-600 with OWE is the range you should shoot for.

Natalya's boots and ring would be good additions for the extra movement speed and crit chance set bonus.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492 - I have probably 25M worth of gear, total.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Flipped a Lacunis from the patch downtime I got I forgot I had bid on for 23M, just sold them for 50M. Shit yea.

http://www.twitch.tv/sometimesimepic streaming tonight for a bit.

Innas belts? Worth anything? Better to sell Unid'd?

inna's are minimum ~2 million... i'd say you might be better off IDing, but that's just me.

i got a zunimassa's vision with 160 int, 60 vit, and 10% life. hopefully itll sell for a lot.

edit: looks like it sells for crap!

Had someone carry us through mp8 ubers last night and managed to get all 3 pieces. Got pretty lucky with half the rolls so I don't think I'll need to make a strength one again for a while.

sRzlTvR.png

Yea pretty good ring I'm 5 strength rings in and havent got a single Crit Damage or AS roll. Tho the Int and Cold Resist is kind of a waste.

Weird night, not a single legendary, after four hours, but got the Inna's. There seems like no way its 20% drop rate on mp0 for crafting plans. Seems like I was 1/10.

Rufus

20% means one out of five, but not once every fifth time. Do it a hundred or thousand times, then calculate the average and so on. You'll be getting closer and closer to 20%.

theytookourjobz

Yea pretty good ring I'm 5 strength rings in and havent got a single Crit Damage or AS roll. Tho the Int and Cold Resist is kind of a waste.

Weird night, not a single legendary, after four hours, but got the Inna's. There seems like no way its 20% drop rate on mp0 for crafting plans. Seems like I was 1/10.

I think I got all yours. Must have found 5 plans in two runs yesterday.

J2d

I'd appreciate some advice for my monk. I got about 50 million to spend. My inna's gear is pretty meh outside of the helmet, but that's gonna cost a lot to upgrade so maybe there's something better to spend it on. I guess I'm looking for some magical upgrade item that I have missed out on like when I bought my skorn.

I'm liking the patch a lot so far but I don't understand how some achievements still are bugged.

Pepto

Banned
I'd appreciate some advice for my monk. I got about 50 million to spend. My inna's gear is pretty meh outside of the helmet, but that's gonna cost a lot to upgrade so maybe there's something better to spend it on. I guess I'm looking for some magical upgrade item that I have missed out on like when I bought my skorn.

I'm liking the patch a lot so far but I don't understand how some achievements still are bugged.

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade your gloves for cheap.

Tarazet

You've taken an interesting approach to your build and gearing. Low resists, no LOH, no LS, but instead a lot of life regen and +health globe power. It can work at lower monster powers, but it will still get you murdered frequently against mobs with CC and on higher MP when you're not one-shotting things.

If you are going to run a Skorn and Tempest Rush, and you have Inna's pants on, you should aim for 10.9 spirit regen per second. Other than that, the obvious upgrade would be to get Life Steal on a Skorn similar to what you've got and more pieces with Resist All and +Armor. The extra durability will let you run something other than an Amethyst in your helm.

J2d

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade your gloves for cheap.
Yea those and my braces was on my mind, without IAS I could probably get something for cheap.
You've taken an interesting approach to your build and gearing. Low resists, no LOH, no LS, but instead a lot of life regen and +health globe power. It can work at lower monster powers, but it will still get you murdered frequently against mobs with CC and on higher MP when you're not one-shotting things.

If you are going to run a Skorn and Tempest Rush, and you have Inna's pants on, you should aim for 10.9 spirit regen per second. Other than that, the obvious upgrade would be to get Life Steal on a Skorn similar to what you've got and more pieces with Resist All and +Armor. The extra durability will let you run something other than an Amethyst in your helm.
It kinda just happened that way honestly, I got 11.32 or something in spirit regen so I'm set on that front. I would want to go two one handed and tackle the higher mps but it's far off considering how much weapons cost.

Would anyone want to do the ubers sometime in the future when I get enough machines and better gear btw(I'm on eu)? I only got one friend playing this and he's even worse off than I am.

Tarazet

Yea those and my braces was on my mind, without IAS I could probably get something for cheap.

It kinda just happened that way honestly, I got 11.32 or something in spirit regen so I'm set on that front. I would want to go two one handed and tackle the higher mps but it's far off considering how much weapons cost.

Would anyone want to do the ubers sometime in the future when I get enough machines and better gear btw(I'm on eu)? I only got one friend playing this and he's even worse off than I am.

If you want to dual-wield, you'll want to hit at least 25% IAS and get a piece of jewelry with LOH on it. It would be easy to replicate the DPS you have with two rares or a rare + a Won Khim Lau, but getting a piece with LS on it in addition to the dex + CD + socket is what costs serious gold.

Tarazet

Spent 65m and ended up with this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Titan-1878/hero/10584594

I am really happy with the outcome, but what should I be focused on going forward?

That's a shitload of IAS, wow. But you need more Critical Hit Damage. You should be blowing me out of the water DPS-wise, seeing how my weapons have 900 and 750 dps and the rest of my gear isn't as good as yours, but I actually do more because I have higher CD. The Witching Hour is a good step, but it's not quite enough. Your jewelry is awesome even without CD, so I'd look at getting better weapons instead. This is what I looked for:

- Sword, dagger, fist only for the better base attack speed.
- Main hand: max DPS, 90%+ CD, socket. Anything else is gravy and not required.
- Offhand: 150+ Dex, 100+ Vit, 2.8% Life Steal, socket, and whatever the highest DPS is that I can afford with all of that. If your budget allows, add a CD roll as well.

butts

Yea the attack speed plus 1500 loh is pretty nice. I noticed yesterday before I logged off that my chd/chc was out of whack (44%/308%) so I need to fix that. Thanks!

Vio-Lence

Banned
People should be checking out d3rawr or other tools to check their sheet dps vs true dps. Often times people stacking IAS items are doing so w/out thinking about what breakpoints they need to hit for whirlwind & tornado ticks, energy twister for CM/WW wizards, etc. any IAS in excess of a breakpoint but not hitting the next breakpoint is a waste and not providing any benefit.

turnbuckle

People should be checking out d3rawr or other tools to check their sheet dps vs true dps. Often times people stacking IAS items are doing so w/out thinking about what breakpoints they need to hit for whirlwind & tornado ticks, energy twister for CM/WW wizards, etc. any IAS in excess of a breakpoint but not hitting the next breakpoint is a waste and not providing any benefit.

basically this.

Shifty76

But but...d3progress rank is far more important than effective dps!

Tried a few different monk builds, in particular, trying to work in the buffed spirit spenders, but they're just so inefficient compared to the cookie cutter FoT/SW build. Only change I've made is switching out Blinding Flash FitL for Exploding Palm flesh is weak, and while it's nice for exploding down elite packs, I'm not sure that it's as useful as blinding flash, even with the nerf to snapshotting.

Plague damage was increased A LOT. I have about 5.5% LS or so and can stand on desecrator in about MP6. That's without resolve or OWE too. I'm only running one defensive passive right now. Paugue fucked me up last night though. I was frozen on a green spot and was dead in what seemed like less than a second.

I'm haivng fun with 1.0.7 though. I'm playing MP6 or 7 to farm essenses and plans. In doing so I'm actually gaining exp too because of the massive exp bump. It's given me reason to extend my standard run too. I'm not starting my act III on ghom, getting a stack and then clearing out the whole level from ghom on. Cydea and Siege and Ghom are three opportuntities for plans and then all the elite in between.

I'm hoping some of my stuff sold last night. I should have about 125 or so million after everything sells. I would like to upgrade my chest piece with more AR and VIT and my belt with more AR.

I'm stoked I found the razorspikes of DEX last night too. That's one of the pieces I want to try and craft. That and the ammy.

Tried a few different monk builds, in particular, trying to work in the buffed spirit spenders, but they're just so inefficient compared to the cookie cutter FoT/SW build. Only change I've made is switching out Blinding Flash FitL for Exploding Palm flesh is weak, and while it's nice for exploding down elite packs, I'm not sure that it's as useful as blinding flash, even with the nerf to snapshotting.

I've been playing around with different builds. I've been running cyclone strike and tempest rush with two spirit builder passives and one defensive passive. It's pretty fun. Though its most effective on MP2-4. I used TR mostly to run in between packs of mobs. TR becomes less effective on MP6-7 and the battles slow down anyway. I'm going to swap out TR for Exploding Palm later. It works GREAT with cyclone strike too. Hit up a big guy with EP and the Cylone a group of mobs in and watch them all go down!

I'm just so bored of the cookie cutter monk builds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Tarazet

They buffed SW as well, so I didn't see any reason to change my build. I'm still basically one-shotting entire rooms in the Keeps.

Shifty76

Plague damage was increased A LOT. I have about 5.5% LS or so and can stand on desecrator in about MP6. That's without resolve or OWE too. I'm only running one defensive passive right now. Paugue fucked me up last night though. I was frozen on a green spot and was dead in what seemed like less than a second.

I'm haivng fun with 1.0.7 though. I'm playing MP6 or 7 to farm essenses and plans. In doing so I'm actually gaining exp too because of the massive exp bump. It's given me reason to extend my standard run too. I'm not starting my act III on ghom, getting a stack and then clearing out the whole level from ghom on. Cydea and Siege and Ghom are three opportuntities for plans and then all the elite in between.

I'm hoping some of my stuff sold last night. I should have about 125 or so million after everything sells. I would like to upgrade my chest piece with more AR and VIT and my belt with more AR.

I'm stoked I found the razorspikes of DEX last night too. That's one of the pieces I want to try and craft. That and the ammy.

I've been playing around with different builds. I've been running cyclone strike and tempest rush with two spirit builder passives and one defensive passive. It's pretty fun. Though its most effective on MP2-4. I used TR mostly to run in between packs of mobs. TR becomes less effective on MP6-7 and the battles slow down anyway. I'm going to swap out TR for Exploding Palm later. It works GREAT with cyclone strike too. Hit up a big guy with EP and the Cylone a group of mobs in and watch them all go down!

I'm just so bored of the cookie cutter monk builds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Yeah I noticed plagued hurts a lot more now too...particularly when it's stacked.

For your chest upgrade I'd suggest trying to craft one of the new dex ones (buy plan from squirt). I tried a couple but the best was something like 220 dex, 160 vit with 2 sockets and no resists...if that'd rolled 3 socket plus resists it'd be BiS for me.

Dashing strike is handy for movement on higher MP's, plus it gets you out of jailer or when you get cornered in molten/plague/desecrate. No room for it on my bar though.

Another absolutely fantastic spirit generator is Infused with Light rune on Breath of Heaven - give it a try if you haven't already. I used it with FoT Quickening and would replenish 200+ spirit within 5 seconds.

I love my Innas set bonus though :(

Only 5 spirit on SW plus the two spirit builders really opens up the amount of time I can blast an exploding palm or cyclone strike or run between pack with TR.

I wish the set bonus for spirit was better that .33 a second. If they want us using spirit spenders, they need to address the way in which we build spirit and give us other options of aquiring it.

And yes ... stacked plaugue is stupid amount of damage now. HA.

Tarazet

Hey guys, so I'm guessing what I need is a bit of IAS and CHD?

http://d3up.com/b/330353

I'm planning on changing either my rings or amulet to accomplish that, but I'd like to hear your opinion on what should I go for first.

I was going to say Witching Hour, but the belt you're wearing is awesome. I suggest to replace your Litany with a +dmg/CC/CD piece. I've noticed sockets are often undervalued on jewelry as well.

Shifty76

Hey guys, so I'm guessing what I need is a bit of IAS and CHD?

http://d3up.com/b/330353

I'm planning on changing either my rings or amulet to accomplish that, but I'd like to hear your opinion on what should I go for first.

Zero out of possible 10 crit chance on amulet is really holding you back. At minimum, you really want 3 of avg dmg, crit dmg, crit chance & IAS to go with main stat.

Is 700 LoH your only sustain? That seems pretty low. At your dps you could easily switch to LS for huge benefits.

20% means one out of five, but not once every fifth time. Do it a hundred or thousand times, then calculate the average and so on. You'll be getting closer and closer to 20%.

Yea true, Its weird, I mean It takes about 2-5 minutes to do a run and we did them for four hours... and me n neoism each got like 4-5 plans...tops. I assume it will average out eventually but right now my luck stinksssss.

Anyways still think the Cydaea run is best, you can watch a few in my twitch archive the last recorded show. Links up a few pages. twitch.tv/sometimesimepic

Crafted 10 ammys 10 shoulders 5 chests and 2 gloves so far and nothing. I could see it rolling str vit life % and AR on shoulders tho, and the crafting isnt too expensive, seems like that plan might be decent.

inky

I was going to say Witching Hour, but the belt you're wearing is awesome. I suggest to replace your Litany with a +dmg/CC/CD piece. I've noticed sockets are often undervalued on jewelry as well.

Yeah, I've been looking. That Litany was like 150k or so, I just bought it to test the stats. I have some replacements but nothing really worth it. I have the gold, but I like to buy cheap of course.

Zero out of possible 10 crit chance on amulet is really holding you back. At minimum, you really want 3 of avg dmg, crit dmg, crit chance & IAS to go with main stat.

Is 700 LoH your only sustain? That seems pretty low. At your dps you could easily switch to LS for huge benefits.

Nah, I also have this offhand (only shaves about 6k damage) I have an IK belt with 3% (main problem is I lose VIT) and I have been looking for an offhand replacement as well. I also change one of my passives to LS if need be (depending on the MP) but I've been testing with different skills, for example, I don't use frenzy regularly either. It depends on the MP level really.

I figured my amulet and rings was holding me back, but I don't really know what to look for because a stat like Average Damage vs CHC, CHD and IAS is hard to gauge for me. Will take your advice into account, thanks!

Vodh

they really need to introduce more slots that can roll movement speed. Or a chance to just roll it as one of the random properties on pants, that would actually make sense. Good Inna's cost a fortune, and after getting used to 24% there really is no going back to 12%, so for now, the new craftable bracers are nothing but a sad reminder of one of the things that are wrong with the itemization.

they really need to introduce more slots that can roll movement speed. Or a chance to just roll it as one of the random properties on pants, that would actually make sense. Good Inna's cost a fortune, and after getting used to 24% there really is no going back to 12%, so for now, the new craftable bracers are nothing but a sad reminder of one of the things that are wrong with the itemization.

I thought they were a ton expensive too, what are you looking for on yours Vit? I dont think tehy are that much anymore if you dont want vit or AR. I have a pair of 83 Str Innas up for 20 when I upgraded to 99str Innas for 35M, and noones buying the 20M ones so they gotta be even lower than that. Those will get you 12% on the pants, and if you arent going iceclimbers youll get 24% with pants and boots. So you can go nuts with crafting Razorspikes.

I think figuring out how to balance the MS is one of the most integral parts of balancing your items. Some people stay with the MS on boots others go Innas Temp and Ice Climbers and Lacunis.

Wish the rings and ammys that can roll with MS were actually better, since I dont even think a Compass Rose can be good. That would make it more interesting. Every piece having the ability hell no that would make it way too easy.

Cipherr

Lawd. Got a recipe for a amulet and got happy. Then read it, and it turned out to be the Vitality one.

I would have liked any main stat instead of the that one :(

Im really liking doing MP4 runs in pub games though. Very fun and the exp will be fantastic once I get a ring made.

balddemon

Banned
Lawd. Got a recipe for a amulet and got happy. Then read it, and it turned out to be the Vitality one.

I would have liked any main stat instead of the that one :(

Im really liking doing MP4 runs in pub games though. Very fun and the exp will be fantastic once I get a ring made.
yeah I found a razorspikes of vitality recipe like 2 minutes after I logged on yesterday and it was worth a grand total of 2k. haha.

How long should I wait to open a ticket regarding spending 75 million and not having the item show up in the completed window? It's in the log. Nthing to send to inventory though.

jkanownik

How long should I wait to open a ticket regarding spending 75 million and not having the item show up in the completed window? It's in the log. Nthing to send to inventory though.

The auction house is really borked right now. I had two RMAH sell today and I didn't receive an email. That has never happened before. I've sold hundreds of RMAH items and I got an email quickly every time. I also tried buying some gold tonight and it got stuck. Never had <10M gold get stuck before, but it happened this time.

If you do log a ticket they're just going to tell you to wait.

Edit: It took about 10 minutes for the gold to go through.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I had a good Diablo III night last night. Changed my wizard build to a CM / LL style using meteor and living lightning as my mains with frost nova and explosive blast as backup, and I'm loving it so far. I rain destruction everywhere and even seem fairly sturdy against elites now, even on MP2. Ended playing for like six hours straight and found a lot of plans and even two legendaries that were upgrades for me. This is my wizard now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mengy-1287/hero/1409641

Looking for advice on what to change to make him better. I've only got 1.5 million gold but if a few of my items sell on the AH I'll be sitting at over 10 mil soon.

RS4-

Didn't realize crafts were account bound. Made two amulets of dexterity, I think one was 200+, the other had 300 )or close to it. Sadly, the 300 one didn't have CHC, whereas the first one did.

I'm still trying to find good weapons, as my dps is at 69k. My WKL has life steal, but no CHD. My EF has 1.1k dps but no life steal. Neither have sockets :(

Sadly, I still have a Skorn that gives me another 10k dps, boost but no LS.

What does everyone think these crafting recepies will do to the market? It could make everything but legendaries and set worthless. I mean ... if people all of a sudden don't need gold to buy armor, a lot of current gear will become less valuable and people's gold stocks will increase without as many slots to lookk for upgrades on.

Shifty76

What does everyone think these crafting recepies will do to the market? It could make everything but legendaries and set worthless. I mean ... if people all of a sudden don't need gold to buy armor, a lot of current gear will become less valuable and people's gold stocks will increase without as many slots to lookk for upgrades on.

Yeah I have my old shoulders on the AH right now. Not holding out much hope that they'll sell though.

Rufus

The shoulders are OK, the second more so than the first, but those bracers are nothing special. How much gold do you have that you consider upgrades to that outside of your price range?

Yeah I have my old shoulders on the AH right now. Not holding out much hope that they'll sell though.

I'm enjoying myself this patch. I like that I'm farming on higher difficulties. It's just that having a ton of bind on account items entering the game could have pretty bad effects on the market.

Tarazet

The shoulders are OK, the second more so than the first, but those bracers are nothing special. How much gold do you have that you consider upgrades to that outside of your price range?

Yeah, if I had those bracers drop in the wild I would blow them up for mats, because there's no resists on them and I can only have 10 auctions at a time.

Vodh

I thought they were a ton expensive too, what are you looking for on yours Vit? I dont think tehy are that much anymore if you dont want vit or AR. I have a pair of 83 Str Innas up for 20 when I upgraded to 99str Innas for 35M, and noones buying the 20M ones so they gotta be even lower than that. Those will get you 12% on the pants, and if you arent going iceclimbers youll get 24% with pants and boots. So you can go nuts with crafting Razorspikes.

I think figuring out how to balance the MS is one of the most integral parts of balancing your items. Some people stay with the MS on boots others go Innas Temp and Ice Climbers and Lacunis.

Wish the rings and ammys that can roll with MS were actually better, since I dont even think a Compass Rose can be good. That would make it more interesting. Every piece having the ability hell no that would make it way too easy.

I've never had an item worth more than 5m on any of my chars, most of my gear is below 2m/piece. So yeah, I'd need to spend about 5m for pants that are a downgrade for me wit the tiny exception of the movement speed. Hell, compared to prices of regular pants, even 20m inna's are a downgrade compared to something worth like 1-2m, and that's after taking the ASPD into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom