• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Prices on the Marquise Emerald Plans have already dropped 2 million to 12 mil, will be curious to see what that's like in the morning.

Also I'm going to have to start stashing Demonic Essence every time I go back to town or something; I tried keeping them on me like I keep Tomes/Flawless Square Gems on me until I fill a stack. The problem is that Potions/Tomes/4 gem types perfectly fills up my far left vertical row, and the last 8 months have trained me to sell anything I'm not stashing that's not anywhere in that column so I sold all of my Demonic Essences on two separate occasions which is annoying.

But yeah, I got I think exactly 12 essences in 3 alk runs on MP1 so that sounds about right. Doesn't seem like you'll be hurting for those, unless the Amulet plans take way more essences than the other plans do (which seems to just be 1).

neoism

AH is fucked lol also did a complete act 4 run is still a pointless act... shittiest drops in like 30 hours... 1 DE smh

Talaysen

It's been puzzling me for some time now... Where the fuck do they come up with the exact numbers for drop tables? I mean, if you kill an elite on MP5 you've got exactly 24.1577% chance to drop a demonic essence, according to the patch notes. WHY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH 24 or 25, or hell, 24.15%??? ARE THEY DOING IT FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN FUCKING WITH OCD PEOPLE???

16.5 = 15 * 1.1
18.15 = 16.5 * 1.1
24.1577 = 21.9615 * 1.10000228

etc.

Considering HP increases exponentially, it makes sense for drop rates to do so as well.

(The real problem is that it's 24.1577% and not 24.1765%.)

Also, I got my first gem recipe ever today. Can't use it at the moment though since it's a step up from the first level that requires a recipe. Not really worth selling either since it's only worth like 90k.

Definitely will sell any Marquise gem recipes or other fancy ones I find if I play in the next few days. Would be a good way to make some gold - I'm at just over 2mil now and I think that's the highest I've ever been. Probably time to look for some upgrades. I might be able to actually use the cheap upgrade Vile Ward I bought awhile back with the buff to globe/gold radius (realized I couldn't before since my only source of that stat was my shoulder slot - too inconvenient to go without).

Was disappointed to find out you can't sell Demonic Essence - would have at least thought you could have traded that even if the gear was BoA. Only found 3 total over an Act 1 run on MP2 from start to finish (died once on the Butcher - don't have quite enough DPS to bring him down above MP1 reasonably, so I just stopped there). Will probably just stick with MP1 or Act 3 MP0 though unless I'm fishing for Infernal Machine keys.

RS4-

jvZMHd65322gQ.jpg

Had this drop. The two that I see on AH go for either 60m or 200m lol.

VALKYRAY

Banned
My friend list is never this full lol, 1.0.7 does bring back a lot of people.
Stay away from MP10 public games, too many noobs looking to get carried.

was invited like 5 times for MP10 uber runs, all from random people met through public games. seems monk is very necessary for uber runs.

the attack speed kills it. its a brimstone

Tarazet

I got the stupid Herding Staff plan drop, which I already had. Fortunately, it can now be dropped on the ground, as of today!

Auction house was amazingly fucked, but I took advantage of it by snapping up some cheap legendaries for the vendor markup price by putting in a max bid around 21-22k, waiting for the timeout, then reloading the AH to make the bid go through. With Brimstones going for close to 30k at times, I was getting outbid quite a bit though, and it was making about half of the auctions bug out and get reset to 0 so nobody could win them. GG.

balddemon

Banned
some nice players on gaf :)

dps is up to 96k now, which is the highest its been. aps is up to 1.95, and I'm having even more trouble staying full on fury using whirlwind :/ but the dps is awesome haha.

Dreavus

The buff to blizzard is making life a little easier for me. I don't have enough damage for an Archon build and not enough crit chance for a CM build. Sitting at around 57k damage hurts.

I did a run through most of Act III on MP2 and it wasn't too bad - got my first key drop lol. If I grouped up I might be able to comfortably push the MP a bit higher.

RivalCore

Got in a sneaky hour this morning before work. Found three, yes three, marquise amethyst plans that I sold off for 2.2 mil a piece. Nice earn for two Mp1 runs. Though I reckon those prices will bomb in the next few days.

I also noticed Demonic Essences aren't exactly plentiful at Mp1, I only had 4 drop in those two runs.

syllogism

Gold floor is now 0.02e on EU? Heh, Kingkongor is apparently now stuck with 30+b gold, his grand plan was to sell once the patch hits since that would drive the price up

MrDaravon

Marquise Emerald Plans are already down to 10 mil, so glad I offloaded that one ASAP last night now.

Unless having + Life on there is incredibly valuable I have no idea why that would go for anything close to that; 11% AS is garbage on that quiver (it goes up to 20), and it doesn't have an in-demand DH skill bonus on it. The Dex/Vit rolls aren't above average either.

Shadow780

Looks like 1.07 is out? How's the economy right now for those stucked around and your general feeling towards the state of the game? I have not played since 1.06.

Shifty76

Played around with some replacement skills for blinding flash last night. Think I'll be using exploding palm as it clears rooms fast!

Found the str ammy plan but didn't craft any yet

Shifty76

Which rune?

Flesh is weak. Between 12% from that, 48% from overawe, 34% from combo strike/deadly reach, that's nearly +100% damage that's on permanently.
So sheet DPS (unbuffed) is ~135k (180k buffed), yet fists of thunder is hitting for just over 600k dps & sweeping wind is another 230k on top of that, so really, around 830k dps all told.

That patch makes RD a joke. I don't even bother switching to my backup LS/LoH weapon any more.

turnbuckle

Looks like 1.07 is out? How's the economy right now for those stucked around and your general feeling towards the state of the game? I have not played since 1.06.

For me the game isn't really worth playing right now. The patch didn't do anything for me in particular, but that's taking into consideration that I have pretty good gear and my main character is plvl 94 or 95. The new plans interest me 0, brawling interests me 0.5, keeping nephalem between acts interests me 4, monk buffs interest me 4.5 (all out of 10).

For a lot of people this patch breathes some new life into the game, but I have a feeling this patch is going to have the shortest "bump" of activity of all of them aside from the useless 1.06. Part of that is a result of the game being a few months older so there's been more time for people to give up on the game, but also partly because this patch offers very little for players like me. It's just a hollow experience playing the game right now knowing that the only way I'm going to get an upgrade is by intermittently checking the AH hoping someone missprices a really good item. More hollow still knowing that there really isn't much reason to want an upgrade right now other than to repeat the same stuff 1-2% faster.

--

And I lost 84m on a bid a week and a half ago and never got my refund. Submitted a ticket again and was given the same response "give it time, everybody eventually gets their stuff back". How long is eventually if it's been 11 days for me now?

Shifty76

knowing that the only way I'm going to get an upgrade is by intermittently checking the AH hoping someone missprices a really good item.

The new plans interest me 0

Wait, you're complaining that the only way you can upgrade your gear is from mispriced items on the AH, yet you have zero interest in the new crafting that provides a way (albeit, chance is low) to get those upgrades? Each to their own I guess.

Upgrades for me are all in the 100m+ range, which is precisely why I am excited about the new crafting options.

Tarazet

Still needs more endgame content. Lack of gameplay variety means classes are locked into 1-2 possible builds where the object is basically to blow through A3 MP0-1 as fast as possible and farm as many items as you can. The Hellfire Ring is a nice diversion until you make one, then it's back to the grind.

The Auction House means everyone can get decent gear easily; but on the downside, there's a ton of competition to afford the best pieces because every single player is going after the exact same stats. Gloves might be the worst; if they don't roll with the trinity and a main stat, you might as well blow them up.

turnbuckle

Wait, you're complaining that the only way you can upgrade your gear is from mispriced items on the AH, yet you have zero interest in the new crafting that provides a way (albeit, chance is low) to get those upgrades? Each to their own I guess.

Upgrades for me are all in the 100m+ range, which is precisely why I am excited about the new crafting options.

The amount of time and resources it'll take a person with average luck to get an upgrade through crafting is ridiculous. I'd rather find a deal for 100m that I could later sell back for that much or more should I not want them any longer than to spend dozens of hours farming materials and millions of gold to play the crafting lottery where I'll never be able to sell what is created. I've made about 100 hellfire rings and the only one that is sort of a best in slot item was an intelligence ring I made for my enchantress.

And hellfire ring was different in that it offers a very nice, exclusive bonus and can be worn at any level. These new plans are just generic rares with slightly higher ceilings to stats that what is currently available.

To each their own I guess.

Nice, Demonic essence exploit already.
Demonic Essence exploit

Rufus

I jumped back in for a bit. Got some essences (and a garbage DEX/INT Vile Ward). Ran Ghom a few times and got plans I immediately sold. Bought the plans I actually want and crafted a handful of each item on the off-chance that they would be good. They were not, unsurprisingly. Didn't bother with PvP. Played some HC, ran out of steam on that as well. I think I'm done.

turnbuckle

I jumped back in for a bit. Got some essences (and a garbage DEX/INT Vile Ward). Ran Ghom a few times and got plans I immediately sold. Bought the plans I actually want and crafted a handful of each item on the off-chance that they would be good. They were not, unsurprisingly. Didn't bother with PvP. Played some HC, ran out of steam on that as well. I think I'm done.

I think I'm done too. I haven't even bothered trying to sell my stuff on the ah lately.

The amount of time and resources it'll take a person with average luck to get an upgrade through crafting is ridiculous. I'd rather find a deal for 100m that I could later sell back for that much or more should I not want them any longer than to spend dozens of hours farming materials and millions of gold to play the crafting lottery where I'll never be able to sell what is created. I've made about 100 hellfire rings and the only one that is sort of a best in slot item was an intelligence ring I made for my enchantress.

And hellfire ring was different in that it offers a very nice, exclusive bonus and can be worn at any level. These new plans are just generic rares with slightly higher ceilings to stats that what is currently available.

To each their own I guess.

Nice, Demonic essence exploit already.
Demonic Essence exploit

Meh ... I'm not as concerned about a demonic essense ecploit because they're all account bound. Any crafting that can be done will be account bound. This exploit can't be used to make gold and furhter bombard the economey.

BTW ... I played last night and got 6 essences. I'm assuming I have to farm a recipe in order to craft. I've paid zero attention to PTR lol.

I like the exp bonus BTW. I was enjoying myself in MP4 last night.

Yea I dont even get why the Demonic Essences are AB. Theres like no point. If people are buying and trading them thats even more gold out of the system. But they are so easy to find anyways I got like 19 last night in 3 hours.

Shifty76

Meh ... I'm not as concerned about a demonic essense ecploit because they're all account bound. Any crafting that can be done will be account bound. This exploit can't be used to make gold and furhter bombard the economey.

BTW ... I played last night and got 6 essences. I'm assuming I have to farm a recipe in order to craft. I've paid zero attention to PTR lol.

I like the exp bonus BTW. I was enjoying myself in MP4 last night.

People are bypassing the account bound thing on those essences by stacking them then splitting the stack and dropping them, allowing them to be picked up by others, who then pay the original owner gold for them. Doesn't bother me in the least, but that's apparently how it's done.

The amount of time and resources it'll take a person with average luck to get an upgrade through crafting is ridiculous. I'd rather find a deal for 100m that I could later sell back for that much or more should I not want them any longer than to spend dozens of hours farming materials and millions of gold to play the crafting lottery where I'll never be able to sell what is created.

Again, fundamental differences in philosophy: I enjoy playing the game, rather than the AH. Tried that already & got burned out fast. I look at these new recipies as a potential BiS item that I'll craft every run or two, and it's really no cost since you make a few hundred k each run anyway.

Shadow780

For me the game isn't really worth playing right now. The patch didn't do anything for me in particular, but that's taking into consideration that I have pretty good gear and my main character is plvl 94 or 95. The new plans interest me 0, brawling interests me 0.5, keeping nephalem between acts interests me 4, monk buffs interest me 4.5 (all out of 10).

For a lot of people this patch breathes some new life into the game, but I have a feeling this patch is going to have the shortest "bump" of activity of all of them aside from the useless 1.06. Part of that is a result of the game being a few months older so there's been more time for people to give up on the game, but also partly because this patch offers very little for players like me. It's just a hollow experience playing the game right now knowing that the only way I'm going to get an upgrade is by intermittently checking the AH hoping someone missprices a really good item. More hollow still knowing that there really isn't much reason to want an upgrade right now other than to repeat the same stuff 1-2% faster.

--

And I lost 84m on a bid a week and a half ago and never got my refund. Submitted a ticket again and was given the same response "give it time, everybody eventually gets their stuff back". How long is eventually if it's been 11 days for me now?

Still needs more endgame content. Lack of gameplay variety means classes are locked into 1-2 possible builds where the object is basically to blow through A3 MP0-1 as fast as possible and farm as many items as you can. The Hellfire Ring is a nice diversion until you make one, then it's back to the grind.

The Auction House means everyone can get decent gear easily; but on the downside, there's a ton of competition to afford the best pieces because every single player is going after the exact same stats. Gloves might be the worst; if they don't roll with the trinity and a main stat, you might as well blow them up.

Seems like the fundamental problems are still there, yep I lost the interest to farm too. There just isn't enough content for me to keep going. PvP seems pretty bare bone as well.

turnbuckle

Again, fundamental differences in philosophy: I enjoy playing the game, rather than the AH.

I hope that's not meant to imply that I didn't enjoy playing the game. I put 1000+ hours into the game and had a lot of fun. That does not mean I should look forward to a less efficient way of seeking upgrades.

I look at these new recipies as a potential BiS item that I'll craft every run or two, and it's really no cost since you make a few hundred k each run anyway.

It's no cost except the price of the materials and gold and time spent crafting them. I respect that you enjoy that portion of the game and I would too if there was a way to sell the items created. Being able to sell the items would allow the resources to create even more items.

This was intended to be a gold sink that offers very little incentive for players with good gear and follows a similar philosophy as their stance on the marquise gems (marginal improvements over what's already available, can't be sold or traded, a few more miles on the hamster wheel that's disguising itself as replay value).

I enjoyed playing the game, enjoyed playing the auction house, and enjoyed trading and gifting items to people I played with. This patch takes some of the fun away from me and I'm already burned out on the content that's there.

Anywho, good luck man. I'm not trying to be one of those cynics that talk down about everything with this game. I was just responding to a question a person had about the patch, said it wasn't for me, and acknowledged that it's for some others. I'm sure I'll play again either with the next patch, a patch after that, or at the very least the expansion. Hell, I'll probably play a bit here and there and may get hooked in for hours tomorrow. But the patch itself isn't doing anything for me is all :p

Back in the game on my monk for the first time since last August. I am really digging the changes, used some money to get some cheap and massive upgrades through auctions, getting a good 20k more DPS. My overall stats are still pretty bad but the combat is still fun and am having a good time farming up keys.

I'm happy and I'm pretty sure the game will be able to keep my attention for quite some time now. I've always been more attracted to the skill testing elements of the combat and class/gearing mechanics than just grinding easy stuff for XP/gear. The reason why I stopped playing originally wasn't because the content was the same or the gear not diverse enough-the game simply wasn't challenging. MP levels w/ the new scaled XP for taking on just a bit more than you are comfortable with is perfect for my playstyle.

Shifty76

I hope that's not meant to imply that I didn't enjoy playing the game. I put 1000+ hours into the game and had a lot of fun. That does not mean I should look forward to a less efficient way of seeking upgrades.

Nope, definitely not intended that way. Just seemed that you're currently burned out on playing the game and feel that you're limited to playing the AH for upgrades.

It's no cost except the price of the materials and gold and time spent crafting them.

Well, for me that cost of materials is zero, since they're dropping during regular gameplay anyway. I guess you could rightfully argue that there's the time spent component, but if I'm playing I'm spending that time regardless.

I respect that you enjoy that portion of the game and I would too if there was a way to sell the items created. Being able to sell the items would allow the resources to create even more items.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, but it's not a deal breaker for me like it seems to be for you. If it's garbage I'll just salvage it & keep trying. I consider that the price I pay for the chance at getting a potential BiS item. Considering I have a zero chance of being able to buy any of those BiS items on the AH, this is my small chance to obtain one
[Lloyd Christmas] "So you're saying there's a chance?" [/Lloyd Christmas]

Anywho, good luck man. I'm not trying to be one of those cynics that talk down about everything with this game. I was just responding to a question a person had about the patch, said it wasn't for me, and acknowledged that it's for some others. I'm sure I'll play again either with the next patch, a patch after that, or at the very least the expansion. Hell, I'll probably play a bit here and there and may get hooked in for hours tomorrow. But the patch itself isn't doing anything for me is all :p

Thanks! Hopefully they'll insert some content at some point that will entice you to fire it up again.

turnbuckle

Really, if my desktop/chair arrangement at home was better I'd be more inclined to play, but the level of discomfort I've been feeling while playing is just enough to outweigh the enjoyment I get from the game. It sucks.

Celegus

Really, if my desktop/chair arrangement at home was better I'd be more inclined to play, but the level of discomfort I've been feeling while playing is just enough to outweigh the enjoyment I get from the game. It sucks.

Two words: standing desk. Best thing I ever did to my PC.

Vodh

Two words: standing desk. Best thing I ever did to my PC.

Unless you have a really comfortable chair that's also high enough, I could only see it as a terribly uncomfortable solution that would only succeed in discouraging me from gaming for more than an hour or two a day max.

In other news, fucking EU ah down. Can't even cash out on the new plans while the prices are still stupidly high...

Also, the Blizzard buff is nice. But unfortunately, a blizzard/hydra/magic missile wiz plays like a gimped acid rain WD. So, I'm back to my WD - after the patch I think it was 1.0.5 he is definitely the most enjoyable class to play for me.

RivalCore

Alright, I'm either very unlucky or the drop rates for Demonic Essences are fucked. I'm 5 NV stacks, MP7 and about 20 elite mobs down and I've gotten 1. Sigh.

Celegus

You have a picture of your setup I could look at? I'm certainly open to any suggestion.

I'll try to remember to take one when I get home from work tonight. I was having horrible butt/back pain since I have to sit a lot at work as well, so now I don't have to sit a single second once I get home and I love it. I would recommend wearing comfortable shoes of some type or putting a rug under your feet so it's not as hard on them, but I really really like it so much better. Luckily my current desk lends itself nicely to this, but before I actually had it set up, I just plopped a bunch of boxes under my monitor, keyboard, and mouse to see if I liked it. You can get pretty ghetto with it, but I'd absolutely say it's at least worth a try. I even got my wife to join the standing desk master race and she prefers it now as well.

Sothpaw

I think I'm done too. I haven't even bothered trying to sell my stuff on the ah lately.

I'm actually surprised people with level 90+ paragon characters are still even talking about being interested in D3. You must have what, 600+ hours played? That's an insane amount for any loot game that's not even a year old imo.

I mean it's not a genre like DOTA or SC2 where you can play endless games and still be engaged. There's only so much that can be done...D2, Titan Quest, Borderlands, all fun but how much can you really expect?

Edit: I see you have over 1k hours. Well shit man it just might be time to take a break until the xpac. Unfortunately with that much time in a loot game there's prob nothing else to do.

turnbuckle

I'm actually surprised people with level 90+ paragon characters are still even talking about being interested in D3. You must have what, 600+ hours played? That's an insane amount for any loot game that's not even a year old imo.

I mean it's not a genre like DOTA or SC2 where you can play endless games and still be engaged. There's only so much that can be done...D2, Titan Quest, Borderlands, all fun but how much can you really expect?

I think the game is very good and my play time shows that. I also think there are a lot of things that could make the game better. I don't expect a persistent game like WoW, but having some randomization and/or end game content and better itemization is something even a plvl 0 player can ackowledge is lacking.

Again, I was commenting on the patch. I'm burned out on the game as a whole but I still go through relapses from time to time where I get the urge to play. But lately when that happens I find there's nothing making me want to play for more than a few minutes.

I also just got into Persona, putting over a hundred hours into 3 and just starting up Persona 4 a couple days ago. Fire Emblem just came in the mail, Etrian Odyssey will be here soon, and MLB the Show after that. I get to play those on my comfy couch™ too :) So while I still think Diablo III is a good game, other things are far more compelling to me atm. There's nothing wrong with that, nobody should expect 1 game to be the last game they'll ever need to play, but there are some obvious areas the game can be improved to lure me back for awhile. I'm sure most of that will end up happen and it's just a matter of time. That's why I haven't been trying to sell the gear I primarily use ;)

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
You have a picture of your setup I could look at? I'm certainly open to any suggestion.

The most comfortable PC gaming setup I've ever had was a big old kick back recliner chair, keyboard on the lap and mouse on the arm of the chair.

gotta hotfix that demonic essences dropping on the floor :lol

The outage is to fix two auction house issues, I think - BetaBucks were showing up as a currency, and the minimum gold price on EU RMAH had dropped.

Hopefully the AH is up when I get home. I found a nice Nat's Cloak last night and put it up for 75 million.

EDIT: Not a bad craft at all.

Where you guys get the recipies?

Could someone give me some monk help?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrbleBrewin-1904/hero/4838331

I assume my first priority is getting a Hellfire Ring which I am trying to start farming for using this guide. Unless someone can explain an easier way.

What is the current cookie-cutter build? I would like to be a tempest rush monk tearing through levels. My guy is pretty old school so I don't know if people even use the stats I was attempting to stack.

RivalCore

Could someone give me some monk help?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrbleBrewin-1904/hero/4838331

I assume my first priority is getting a Hellfire Ring which I am trying to start farming for using this guide. Unless someone can explain an easier way.

What is the current cookie-cutter build? I would like to be a tempest rush monk tearing through levels. My guy is pretty old school so I don't know if people even use the stats I was attempting to stack.

Hellfire ring is low on your priorities to be honest. Unless someone can carry you, you won't be getting one (a decent one) any time soon.

Tempest Rush build can be done kinda cheap, but a really effective one is going require 10+ million gold to acquire all the needed spirit gen gear and high dps. I'd try to build a decent cookie cutter build in the mean time.

So...

In regard to weapons, you want two fast (fists, daggers, swords) one handers for the dual wielding. Dex/Socket/LoH/Crit DMG is what you should be aiming for. There are also probably some cheap, effective legendaries available but I'm not too up on them. You may only LoH on one, so make sure it's a high value and then get the highest Crit DMG with socket on the other.

Get yourself a better chest piece straight away. Make sure it has 3 sockets, anything less is a waste.

You'll want Move Speed (12%) on your boots. Once you do, you can't go back.

You can probably get cheap Dex, 4-6% CC and Average DMG rings on the AH. Average damage will give you a huge DPS boost. Add more stats depending on your budget (Crit DMG, Attack Speed etc.)

For your neck, Dex/CC/Crit DMG is pretty much mandatory for the huge DPS boost. Anything else is a bonus.

For the belt, and I may be wrong, but I don't think Inna's is a useful one at all unless you're going Tempest Rush. A good rare with high Dex, Vit, Resist and Life% will give you a good core defence allowing you to focus DPS on other pieces.

Someone else might chime in with a different opinion, but I think it's a good start. In terms of skills, Fist of Thunder, Blinding Light, Mantra of Conviction, Breathe of Heaven, Sweeping Wind with Cyclone and whatever other skill you want (be it defensive or offensive). It's a standard build but it works really well.

I've been doing The Second Heart and going straight through the two levels of tower to Cydaea. Sometimes you'll get five elites otherwise right before the door to Cydaea teleport (dont go through cause you cant teleport in that room) and warp to Keeps 3 run down and there will be an elite pack or two right away to get up to 5 stacks run back to the warppoint run through your portal. I must have been able to do 30 runs or more in like an hour and a half.

Got a bunch of plans, I was doing MP0. Probably could get more if you take the time and do a higher MP. Also theres like tons of goblins in that path for some reason. You'll find one-three every single run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom