• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a yellow that one of these new account bound crafts can replace, you should be trying to replace and sell fast. Especially the bracers. I can't even fire sale my old ones.

Shifty76

If you have a yellow that one of these new account bound crafts can replace, you should be trying to replace and sell fast. Especially the bracers. I can't even fire sale my old ones.

My old ones sold nearly instantly for 40m. Suspect I underpriced a little, but whatever, price is only going to go down as more people craft boa ones, and it was a drop so it's all profit for me.

Hey does anyone know if theres a list of commonly accepted values to trade UnID's at?

Some of these legendaries especially out of my class I'd rather just sell off never knowing what it rolled.

I got a Whon Kim Lau and I dont know how much to give it away for, can they roll good ever?

I haven't played much since the patch. I'm wondering if its worth it for a player with only 40 mil to just keep buying gear from the AH or crafting the new stuff instead and hoping for the best?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I spent all of my game time in Diablo III this weekend farming up the remaining parts I needed to make the Staff of Herding. Set the game back to normal difficulty with MP0. Ran up to the Cathedral looking for that damned black mushroom, after 31 resets I finally found the freakin thing. Then, I had to look for the random Caverns of Frost, run down to the second floor of it and just pray that the rare mob spawned that can drop the Gibbering Gem. That took me 43 runs to get. THEN, I farmed Izual for the legendary plans to make the staff. This actually took the longest of all, because it's a long run just to get to him, and the stubborn guy just would not drop them. But after three hours of killing him over and over again, he finally dropped the plans.

So I made my normal Staff of Herding and went into Whimsyshire, and I'm a little underwhelmed. It's nowhere near as cool, fun, nor mob packed as the cow level was in Diablo II. I expected more.

To make the Inferno staff will cost me 1.7 million gold, and honestly I'm not sure that it's worth it. What's everyone's consensus on this? Is it worth it, or would that just be a waste of gold?

inky

They nerfed it long ago, back when it was a popular farming place (for bots) and things (like vases) still dropped gold and stuff. (Did they ever change this back?)

Don't bother, it's a cool I-have-to-see-it gimmick but completely useless nowadays from what I know.

Finally won in that moment where you get legendary boots and you are like dont be firewalkers dont be firewalkers and then they are, got high strength ice climbers but they have no vit so I dont think I'll switch to them even though they upgrade my dps. Still I believe they are worth a chunk so its nice to finally break my dry spell.

Leveling up a DH after seeing someone solo mp8 ubers and while I'm flying along I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to speed up the process.

Currently have movespeed boots, ruby socketed helm, hellfire ring and whatever +xp bonuses I can find. There's probably nothing I can do short of getting a higher level to help me skip to the end of acts (might do this for act 4).

Ideas?

neoism

Leveling up a DH after seeing someone solo mp8 ubers and while I'm flying along I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to speed up the process.

Currently have movespeed boots, ruby socketed helm, hellfire ring and whatever +xp bonuses I can find. There's probably nothing I can do short of getting a higher level to help me skip to the end of acts (might do this for act 4).

Ideas?

its a bitch really if you got a friend it will take only about 4 hours max.... get to hell fast as you can I think you have to beat Diablo and Nightmare and be level 50 though I made a wiz a few days ago and it took but about 15 hours but I did it slow. with Fenderputty helping me a few level near the end.. the last 5 levels solo is aggravating....lol i was really under-geared the whole time though, but get a friend to beat Diablo on normal then Nightmare and just level on act 3 mp 10 with as much exp gear as possible...get Cain's legs set if you can thats like 60 extra xp bonus with a hellfire or along those lines...

Just got a Manjuma Carving Knife was so pumped, go to ID it instantly look at DPS 888. WHAT?! REALLY?!

50% damage roll but for some reason it only has 888 dps. Which after scrolling through the 46 pages of them in the AH the lowest one was 964....Yea 80 points higher than mine.

What a troll.

Capture_zpsf4fa8bd2.png

Shifty76

Ideas?

Assuming Cain's set too?
I dinged 60 1/2 way thru A2 hell

VALKYRAY

Banned
Just got a Manjuma Carving Knife was so pumped, go to ID it instantly look at DPS 888. WHAT?! REALLY?!

50% damage roll but for some reason it only has 888 dps. Which after scrolling through the 46 pages of them in the AH the lowest one was 964....Yea 80 points higher than mine.

What a troll.

Capture_zpsf4fa8bd2.png
Chinese people will buy it, trust me

Chinese people will buy it, trust me

Haha why?

Also I just got an upgarde IK Chest piece drop too and a Triumvirate and a Storm Crow so not a bad night two sets and two legendaries.

N I ran the AH right before it went down so hopefully its down for awhile so noone can outbid anything when it goes back up. Have a bunch of winning bets on some weapons a IK chest thats really solid and a bunch of IK Irons.

Nice just noticed it said they will be up in like 12 hours, damn that seems like a ton of downtime!?

Grampasso

Just started playing this again on my DH. I had stopped at the beginning of Act 2 Inferno 2 weeks after release for whatever reason, now I'm back and there are so many new things! Paragon levels (lol 100?), new crafts, increased drop rates and whatnot.
I suppose I was lucky to find the recipe for a high lv STR Amulet, and I was stupid enough to teach it to my JC instead of selling it or exchanging it for a DEX one, thinking they were quite common (it was one of the first things to drop from an apparent regular(?) mob).
How much was I stupid from 1 to 10?
And what is this Monster Power level I read about?

MP level increases the damge and HP of the enemies. As a bonus it increases exp earned and your base MF/GF. All enemies on MP1 and up in inferno are i63 enemies. This is key because rolls are no longer based on item level. They're based on the ilvl of the mob you just killed. Meaning on MP0, iLVL 63 rolls are only possible on Act III and IV. On MP1+, all enemies will drop items with a chance to roll iLVL63. Meaning manifers can roll stats like archon gloves can.

There's other things MP levels affect too. Such as drop rates for hellfire ring crafting parts and how often essences drop.

kennah

Just started playing this again on my DH. I had stopped at the beginning of Act 2 Inferno 2 weeks after release for whatever reason, now I'm back and there are so many new things! Paragon levels (lol 100?), new crafts, increased drop rates and whatnot.
I suppose I was lucky to find the recipe for a high lv STR Amulet, and I was stupid enough to teach it to my JC instead of selling it or exchanging it for a DEX one, thinking they were quite common (it was one of the first things to drop from an apparent regular(?) mob).
How much was I stupid from 1 to 10?
And what is this Monster Power level I read about?
Not that stupid. It's only a couple million

larvi

What a troll.

I see Manajuma's with as low as 714dps so it could have been worse. Don't scroll thru all the pages, just click the dps column label to sort in the reverse order.

I see Manajuma's with as low as 714dps so it could have been worse. Don't scroll thru all the pages, just click the dps column label to sort in the reverse order.

Yeah ... the real reason his Manajuma's knife isn't worth much is because it didn't pop with a socket.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Hundreds of amulets were crafted, millions of gold down the sink. not saying they were all trash, its just my current one is too hard to beat. I could have spent my gold else where, better weapons perhaps.

DONT CRAFT if you already have a really good one, at least not this moment.

Grampasso

Add me and I can level you up if you need: BarelyOK#2277

Thanks for the offer, but I like doing things on my own the first time I try them :D
Currently smashed by Rakanoth Inferno. When I beat Belial with just a few tries I thought I could clear the game but this is really something else. Holy shit at his instakill 60k dmg teleport @_@

Hundreds of amulets were crafted, millions of gold down the sink. not saying they were all trash, its just my current one is too hard to beat. I could have spent my gold else where, better weapons perhaps.

DONT CRAFT if you already have a really good one, at least not this moment.

Man ... that's exactly why I'm still crafting as many gloves as I can. My current ones I actually found. The more account bound gloves that hit, the more standrad gloves will hit the market and the less my trifecta gloves are worth. I would like to get something back from them before their value drops. Same thing with ammy, though I'll start to heavily craft that after the glvoes.

I still haven't sold the bracers I replaced.

Shifty76

Is it me, or are less people playing after 1.0.8 than before. Shit is a ghost town

Wait, 1.08 came out?

@Balddemon: Rather than Ghom I've been setting quest to "kill ZK" then running Mines/Alcarnus/Oasis for 5 stack & KW then porting to Kulle to get those last few elusive plans.

Also, I like my new Inna's helm with +10% FoT dmg:

BaRADmE.jpg

neoism

Wait, 1.08 came out?

@Balddemon: Rather than Ghom I've been setting quest to "kill ZK" then running Mines/Alcarnus/Oasis for 5 stack & KW then porting to Kulle to get those last few elusive plans.

Also, I like my new Inna's helm with +10% FoT dmg:

BaRADmE.jpg
WHAT THE FUCK 700k 0____o link me yo bnet profile

Insaniac

well my friend sucked me back in, and I spent some gold upping my DPS by about 40k, thanks to the super cheap items now.

Couldn't find a proc rate list for wizard anywhere in 1.07, anybody got one?

ALso, is there any other viable/fun build besides critical mass?

Grampasso

Managed to kill Rakanoth and reached Diablo 6 mins before servers shut down :D
Oh, I found a 1100dps 2h BAR Weapon 200+ STR, Socket and freeze dmg, is it any good?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
@Balddemon: Rather than Ghom I've been setting quest to "kill ZK" then running Mines/Alcarnus/Oasis for 5 stack & KW then porting to Kulle to get those last few elusive plans.]

Are the plans so expensive that you'd rather farm them on the US servers? Most expensive one costs 50k or something on the EU servers, but most of them are actually way cheaper.

Btw it's crazy how brimstone prices have gone down on the EU AH. 20k a piece!

Shifty76

WHAT THE FUCK 700k 0____o link me yo bnet profile

At work so can't get the direct link, but Shifty76#1953, or you can check my d3up one if that works: http://d3up.com/b/13426

Note: FoT is 420k dps unbuffed, just need to check the deadly reach, combo strike & overawe boxes to get the 700k (they're running 100% of the time for me so more accurate to have them on)
With Blinding Flash buff, FoT does around 1.2m dps :)

@Kilrogg: Yeah I could just go buy them but I'm too lazy to write down the ones I'm missing.
Don't remind me of the brimstone price - I bought 600 of em at 30k each as soon as the patch dropped...they're currently worth 18k each :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom