• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

Depending on how it turns out I might end up double dipping for the PS4 version. I have no illusions that KB+Mouse isn't the best combination for precision and efficiency, but in terms of comfort I find using a controller far more ergonomic.

Depending on how it turns out I might end up double dipping for the PS4 version. I have no illusions that KB+Mouse isn't the best combination for precision and efficiency, but in terms of comfort I find using a controller far more ergonomic.

This is prety much how I feel. I would love to play on my TV and couch set up. Moving my current set up to my TV isn't viable for a lot of reasons.

My only question would be regarding the expansion that will eventually come out. I don't really want to double dip twice.

I also think adding a ton of console users to the market will be good for the game.

Jrmint

Yea I'm really excited for the PS4 D3. Hoping by the time it's out I'm ready for more Diablo. Will have been a big break

You guys think it'll be the same auction house or 2 seperate?

Yea I'm really excited for the PS4 D3. Hoping by the time it's out I'm ready for more Diablo. Will have been a big break

You guys think it'll be the same auction house or 2 seperate?

If markets are seperate and my character won't cross over between platforms, I won't be double dipping.

Rufus

They'd have a shot at a working economy without bots. I guess it depends on how much they care about that if they let you bring your account over.

kennah

Guys, we're not going to need to double dip, we'll just be able to log into the Battle.net app on the PS4 and have it download our already owned copy of DIII.

Right?

Guys?

neoism

Pc will not be able to play with consoles... its a different game.. if anything the PS3 and Ps4 version will be able to play together.... they will keep everything PC separate.. including th AH

Main concern is being able to use my character and stuff. No way I'm starting over.

Bonus if the markets are the same and it should be cross platform. Should be no segregation otherwise the cross platform doesnt really help the game in anyways. In fact it might hurt it.

turnbuckle

I feel pretty confident they'll let you carry over your profile.

I'd actually be more surprised if the game wasn't basically just the same thing we've been playing but with a UI and control setup built for consoles. Heck, they probably will even have a patch for the PC version with controller support and an option to use a KB+Mouse for the PS4.

If they didn't do this, they'd splinter the economy and have to balance around two completely different methods of play.

I sort of get the feeling the game will launch for the PS3/PS4 with the expansion attached for the price of whatever the expansion is going to be and that a player can download the client on either device for free (as it already is) and login with their battle.net account.

Or something like that.

If I'm wrong then I'm not interested.

Pc will not be able to play with consoles... its a different game.. if anything the PS3 and Ps4 version will be able to play together.... they will keep everything PC separate.. including th AH

Was this confirmed? If they want anyone to double down, your assesment has to be wrong.

neoism

Was this confirmed? If they want anyone to double down, your assesment has to be wrong.
No but it wouldn't work.. watch the vid in my post above... they said their is going to be an evasion move probably automatically... just for the console version, plus the off-line mode, then you have to take into account that all the pc ppls will all be high pl so playing on or with console players will be boring ... I would love for them to let me use my bnet account and not start over, but I really doubt it. I see the Ps3 and PS4 playing with each other but not PC... I use my HDTV 42 inch anyway, and still love the mouse, I would loove controller support, but don't think it could replace my 13 button mouse, but seeing those SS and that vid its a different game for console players, that wouldn't get the PC version... the UI HUD looked really bad too.... Even with console exclusive DLC and what not still think the PC version will be the most updated version always... at least I hope... It makes sense for someone that would want to re-buy it, by letting us use your bnet account for you not to do everything again, but seems to me they are looking for new gamers not the old ones...

I'm not really mad about this I still love the game and have fun, but even if Blizz D3 team is big, I wonder how many people are/have been working on these console version, and weather or not it's caused the PC version to suffer, they haven't really been fast about patches... this last one took 4 months and hasn't really gave me anything much to do, expect to waste what little gold I have...still don't really want to craft anything.. with my luck lol... I want more quest items and an infinite random dungeon.. with more items and champs, but that most likely won't come til after these console versions and the expansion comes out...

Vodh

If they enable cross-play and make everything one big happy auction house, and allow you to switch between farming the same chars on PC and PS3/4, I'd be happy to buy some kind of PlaysStation Diablo 3 Online Pass thing. Otherwise, not that excited. There is very little incentive in D3 to start a new char once you've got lvl 60 of every class, but I'm confident it wouldn't be a problem for a lot of people to pay Blizzard a little extra for a well designed cross-play service. I know I would.

eek5

It's better if there is no cross-platform play anyway. Think of it as a ladder reset and take advantage of all the noobs by couch browsing that AH all day and becoming the first PlayStation billionaire.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Is offline play actually confirmed?

I didn't look at the video but the context, as I read it, implied the presenter said "off screen".

Link and time mark please.

If there is an offline mode, then I'd say the chances of it being cross platform with PC are zero. Save scumming would corrupt everything.

It's better if there is no cross-platform play anyway. Think of it as a ladder reset and take advantage of all the noobs by couch browsing that AH all day and becoming the first PlayStation billionaire.

Yeah ... I would rather 2 million new unique users hit our current market. It would bring back the lower end and mid grade items that no longer sell.

neoism

Is offline play actually confirmed?

I didn't look at the video but the context, as I read it, implied the presenter said "off screen".

Link and time mark please.

If there is an offline mode, then I'd say the chances of it being cross platform with PC are zero. Save scumming would corrupt everything.

8 minis or so in the vid he says off-line
http://youtu.be/oFFNtE3yu20?t=8m44s listen back from 7:50 or so too...
thing is isn't cross platform a biiig deal that hasn't happen much if at all, I can't think of one game......I think if it was happening they would have said it during the stream... but who nows they could be saving it for E3 but I still don't see it... plus making an only on-line game for ps3 is going to stop alot of people from buying it in the first place.... I've played every game I ever owned on PS3 off-line all but the shooters, but that goes without saying...

Just won a last minute bidding war on this Tal's armor.
twYbmUI.jpg

@ 8.8 mil, my guy seems a bit easier to kill but hopefully it'll pay off.

turnbuckle

Is the highest strength roll on Tal Rasha's 100? Or can it go up to 200? If it's only 100 I dont' think I could ever bring myself to using even a perfect strength rolled one over the IK. Too low EHP for higher monster power, kills the fury regen set bonus that makes farming low MP so damned efficient.

I guess it could make sense if you use the nats boots and ring and a mempo since you wouldn't be getting that set bonus anyways.

Rufus

Do you need the fury regen to stay in WotB? I never bother trying to do that, but if guys like Moldran are anything to go by you don't actually need the fury regen to make that work.

Anyway, those that use Tal's also tend to use Zunimassa's Journey for another AS bonus. Safe to say DPS is all they care about.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Fury regen does nothing in terms of WotB. 25fury to get 1 second for wotb. Max fury regents is like 4/s.
Tal is good for all classes. Attack speed boosts a lot of dps. Generate fury and spirit faster. That's why inna pants, witching hour, lacuni, mempo are best in slots.
Best real dps booster is tyreal might. 15% extra damage to demons, that's all trash mobs in the game. 4% extra damage to elites, all elite champion packs, bosses and players. with Tyreal's might, you do extra damge to everything in the game.

I recently got back into the game. I played at launch and had loads of fun, but ended up quitting about half way through Hell difficulty for various reasons. Decided to hop back in and finish the game on inferno (currently lvl 8 or something in the new levels), but I have a few questions about endgame.

1. Regular inferno is fairly easy for me now. Only time I die is when I get overconfident with random elite packs. Is it worth it to jump up to the next monster power level even though it takes longer to clear?

2. Is it worth it to find people to group with? What benefit does it give?

3. Any comments on my build? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wafflecakes-1481/hero/2086156 I really have just been using general sensibilities when gearing..... no real rhyme or reason behind anything. Just been using whatever was cheap on AH.

Thanks!

I should really look into all that I'm working Mempo lacunis witching hour n innas pants already n dual wielding I should probably find out the as breakpoints huh? Or does it not really matter as much for barbs n yea I have no idea how people keep their wotb up so long mine burns out after the elite I kill using it usually with some occasional success keeping it going. I see kingkonor keeping it up with hammer might try that out

Vio-Lence

Banned
I should really look into all that I'm working Mempo lacunis witching hour n innas pants already n dual wielding I should probably find out the as breakpoints huh? Or does it not really matter as much for barbs n yea I have no idea how people keep their wotb up so long mine burns out after the elite I kill using it usually with some occasional success keeping it going. I see kingkonor keeping it up with hammer might try that out

if your dps is high and playing low mps its hard to impossible to keep perma-wrath up, its easier to keep wrath up the higher mps you play.

if you have 4 slots of AS gear you can hit the 2.5 APS breakpoint for tornados with a 0.24 or 0.25 APS EF. probably the most cost effective way to hit that breakpoint. fury regen and wrath time gets a lot smoother the higher your APS is for tornados

VALKYRAY

Banned

I donno anything about break point, but I think the faster the better. I saw KingKongor's stream yesterday his barb was doing HoTA with 4 attacks per sec, with frenzy shrine 5 aps. he tried WW too, the crit numbers so fast cant even see what amount of damage each tornado does. 300k+ unbuffed dps.
I could keep my WOTB up infinitely even with skorn, the trick is spam shout, sprint and battle rage, spam as much as possible but not to run out of fury though. I am pretty sure you are not generating any fury if you are sitting on maxim fury.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Check this video for Berserker uptime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6BVjdaJ5KI

I don't mean to suggest that you're going to stay in Berserker from the bonus alone, but it's got to help in between mobs and such. Then again I never cared to run super, super efficiently.

normly wotb last 15 sec.

lets say you regen 4/s, you get 25 fury in 6-7 secound. so with max fury regen, wotb will last about 17-18 second. to get that extra 2-3 second, you have to give up 2 passive perk slots and get full IK set. worth it? I dont think so.

I recently got back into the game. I played at launch and had loads of fun, but ended up quitting about half way through Hell difficulty for various reasons. Decided to hop back in and finish the game on inferno (currently lvl 8 or something in the new levels), but I have a few questions about endgame.

1. Regular inferno is fairly easy for me now. Only time I die is when I get overconfident with random elite packs. Is it worth it to jump up to the next monster power level even though it takes longer to clear?

3. Any comments on my build? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wafflecakes-1481/hero/2086156 I really have just been using general sensibilities when gearing..... no real rhyme or reason behind anything. Just been using whatever was cheap on AH.

Thanks!

Double post

Get a 1 hand with socket try a chantodos n match it with a chantodos force. Trade strong arms for lacunis ditch the blackthorns if you want for now you can keep the two piece bonus I would do pants n boots til you can get some better ones. Upgrade your Amy n ditch the litany ring set I just don't like that set go for a hellfire ring as that'll help you level up a lot quicker out a ruby in the helm the emerald barely gets you any extra gold it's not really worth it. Upgrade gens to at least stars. That should help you also choose if you want to just archon farm or go cm wizard as that decides what a lot of your pieces need to be you can save up for a decent skorn n that'll give you the dps to blow through mp0

I donno anything about break point, but I think the faster the better. I saw KingKongor's stream yesterday his barb was doing HoTA with 4 attacks per sec, with frenzy shrine 5 aps. he tried WW too, the crit numbers so fast cant even see what amount of damage each tornado does. 300k+ unbuffed dps.
I could keep my WOTB up infinitely even with skorn, the trick is spam shout, sprint and battle rage, spam as much as possible but not to run out of fury though. I am pretty sure you are not generating any fury if you are sitting on maxim fury.

I know I wish there was a sandbox mode where you could create any items that exist n set the stats so you could practice in a mode that didn't give you me drops or exp or nething n was offline so you could just see how it feels to be that awesome

VALKYRAY

Banned

Thanks!

1. no
2. depends, for me, solo is kinda boring
3. that weapon looks good, but I think you do more damage if you use one hander+ source. source is a huge damage booster.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/25837249
I put together my wizard with all trash loots or craft I got in the game, didnt spend a single gold on her. a pretty good "budget guide" IMO

Double post

Get a 1 hand with socket try a chantodos n match it with a chantodos force. Trade strong arms for lacunis ditch the blackthorns if you want for now you can keep the two piece bonus I would do pants n boots til you can get some better ones. Upgrade your Amy n ditch the litany ring set I just don't like that set go for a hellfire ring as that'll help you level up a lot quicker out a ruby in the helm the emerald barely gets you any extra gold it's not really worth it. Upgrade gens to at least stars. That should help you also choose if you want to just archon farm or go cm wizard as that decides what a lot of your pieces need to be you can save up for a decent skorn n that'll give you the dps to blow through mp0

Thanks much! Will look into those changes.

Been trying to find a 1H/OH for a while that doesn't significantly reduce my DPS. Haven't yet accumulated all that much gold yet and I got the weapon I had for a STEAL (sub 100k as I recall).

Really my abilities are probably a mess as well. I think I started to use this general configuration in Nightmare or early Hell and just never felt any need to change.

1. no
2. depends, for me, solo is kinda boring
3. that weapon looks good, but I think you do more damage if you use one hander+ source. source is a huge damage booster.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/25837249
I put together my wizard with all trash loots or craft I got in the game, didnt spend a single gold on her. a pretty good "budget guide" IMO

Ah. So will stay MP0 to farm then!

I was trying MP2 and it wasn't that much harder. Just slower and I felt like I wasn't getting that much more gold/magic items.

turnbuckle

Do you need the fury regen to stay in WotB? I never bother trying to do that, but if guys like Moldran are anything to go by you don't actually need the fury regen to make that work.

Anyway, those that use Tal's also tend to use Zunimassa's Journey for another AS bonus. Safe to say DPS is all they care about.

I don't even bother with WOTB on low MP. I need the fury regen to keep things moving. The IK set plus unforgiving ends up giving you something like 3-4 fury per second which is really nice when doing mp3-5 runs. Anything lower than MP4 and WOTB is a waste of a skill for me since it's hard to keep it going with everything dying so fast.

Rufus

normly wotb last 15 sec.

lets say you regen 4/s, you get 25 fury in 6-7 secound. so with max fury regen, wotb will last about 17-18 second. to get that extra 2-3 second, you have to give up 2 passive perk slots and get full IK set. worth it? I dont think so.
I'm not trying to argue anything. (Never mind that I agreed in the first post about the topic...) I don't give a shit either way.

larvi

Ran into a blizzard bug where I can't buy or sell anything in the Gold AH. They claim to be working on fixing it but no ETA, probably don't have any dev team left for the PC version now. Really sucks, I have 2/3 of a marquise ruby for my Calamity but can't buy the last gem plus losing out on any potential weekend sales of my gear.

turnbuckle

I made 34 intelligence amulets yesterday, and out of those only 1 was possibly worth wearing. It's a 30k dps drop from the ammy I use but it has 45% magic find.

:(

larvi

I've had great luck crafting the new shoulders, decent luck with the bracers and not much luck with the gloves so far. I haven't tried either the chest or amulet as those are too pricey to gamble with imo.

With the gems or without? What's with strength gems in a wizard chest? Is tal Tasha on barbs a thing now for the as bonus?
Without the gems, I put them in myself.

Is the highest strength roll on Tal Rasha's 100? Or can it go up to 200? If it's only 100 I dont' think I could ever bring myself to using even a perfect strength rolled one over the IK. Too low EHP for higher monster power, kills the fury regen set bonus that makes farming low MP so damned efficient.

I guess it could make sense if you use the nats boots and ring and a mempo since you wouldn't be getting that set bonus anyways.

I appreciate the feedback on this. I was wondering about the same thing myself, weighing my options... I could've bought a sub-100 str IK chest instead, but I bought the Tal's armor
(I am very poor atm, barely made that 10mil).

This is my low budget barb at the moment which I use to farm mp5:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sorijealut-1247/hero/3146655
http://d3up.com/b/360464
Is his EHP bad? I don't know how much is good. Please let me know!

I think I can improve him with higher dps mainhand and try to improve his EHP but I'm just farming atm for some gold though...

Tarazet

Done with this game for now. RMAH has turned people who actually want to play the game for gold and drops into second-class citizens. Nothing interesting to do. It's better than it used to be, but it needs a complete revamp before it'll be worth playing for me again.

RMAH has turned people who actually want to play the game for gold and drops into second-class citizens. .

Could you go into more detail on this? Yes, you can bypass the entire gearing and upgrade process by throwing down cash on the RMAH and get high stats that would take weeks of play for normal players. That actually has relatively little impact on the average player looking to just gear up via in the game method of trading (gold AH), from my experience.

You do need more and more gold for upgrades as your gear climbs the percentiles (or rather, fraction of the top percentile of drops), but Paragon levels and monster power levels make farmingkmuch more productive as you get better gear while keeping the challenge the game presents to you : killing things and clearing areas as quickly as possible.

If you're just bored because that's the only activity the game has, that's understandable. I just find that with the proper MP level and right music going, the experience of quickly running a route is zen-like and the income for upgrades come just at the right pace-you have to work for them, but they don't feel too far spaced apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom