• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckid

first legendary in my third act 1 run.

not sure if its any good. monk maybe?

rdlqd.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Paragon levels have me hooked again. The loot is all ancillary to my need to fill bars.

neoism

damn every random in act 2 had shitty gear I'm mean damn... if you really look you can get a good deal I have at least a 20 mil at high monk and only paid 4 or 5 mil....
22%crit
need at 35+ :/
290% crit dam

RS4-

Could you link to your build or something? I have ~50k health and 22k dmg buffed but some champion mobs are really tough, even really early on in the act.

I'm at 30k hp and give or take 16-20k damage and I struggle too lolol. Granted my equip has been garbage for quite some time.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So. as a moderately geared barb I'm just a killing machine in act3 with the changes. Not even a tank...just sort of a 2hnd hybrid that doesn't even have a "new" 2hndr yet. Only about 37k dps with a few defensive cooldowns and it is just like a hot knife through butter. I die once in a while but without any worry about enrage or health return the game is just incredibly easy.

sleepykyo

Paragon levels have me hooked again. The loot is all ancillary to my need to fill bars.

After two paragon levels, nothing decent dropped even though normals. Still not mad because of the paragon level. Bar filling carrot worked on me.

Also, love the little changes in animation form how giant the hand of burning palm is to molten elite death explosion.

Dahbomb

Basically whatever act you were doing before... add 1 to it. Co-op feels just right now, a couple well geared players can cover up for 2 under geared players and farming is more efficient as long as someone doesn't afk.

Played Ghom, still a bitch for melee but more manageable. I like the little touches like potions, tomes and jewels colored light blue, some ui changes and the aoe display of molten and frozen explosions and getting exp for those massacres.

scosher

2-3 hours of farming and no legendary, and mostly junk rares that won't even sell for 300k :(

On the brightside, paragon levels make me feel like I didn't waste my time (completely). Multiplayer also keeps it fun. Plowed through Act 2 and 3 with Sigma and others.

As for the Wicked Wind nerf, it's definitely noticeable, but still playable. This is with 40% crit rate. Despite all the other buffs to hydra, etc. I still enjoy the wicked wind + Archon build the most, as I get to hop between melee and ranged throughout a run, rather than be 24/7 kiting with Blizz/Hydra or Orb/Hydra.

SRTtoZ

almost paragon 5, im lovin this patch. being able to cancel auctions is the best thing ever. On another note, I would solo farm if I were you. I tried some act 3 farming in a group and it was nothing but severly undergeared people wanting to be carried, i asked all 3 people what their dps was and all of them were between 10-15k dps, thats way too low for Act 3 inferno IMO.

Tom Penny

I used to hate some of the affixes but I swear I keep getting extra health, fast then 2 other lame affix elites every time in act 3. Not so good when your in a fucking dungeon and you can move.

almost paragon 5, im lovin this patch. being able to cancel auctions is the best thing ever. On another note, I would solo farm if I were you. I tried some act 3 farming in a group and it was nothing but severly undergeared people wanting to be carried, i asked all 3 people what their dps was and all of them were between 10-15k dps, thats way too low for Act 3 inferno IMO.

Even for baba and monks?

ZenaxPure

Got a Legendary this patch :/

http://i.imgur.com/dfi3u.jpg[/IM/G][/QUOTE]

Don't worry, better than my luck. Got some gloves with 104 INT and 105 STR then 2 other worthless stats. SMH, SMH, SMH. That is literally the worst legendary I've seen drop, and just 2 days ago I had a Kill dagger with no primary stats.

Hit paragon level 5 tho, too tired to play anymore right now, though.

ElyrionX

2-3 hours of farming and no legendary, and mostly junk rares that won't even sell for 300k :(

On the brightside, paragon levels make me feel like I didn't waste my time (completely). Multiplayer also keeps it fun. Plowed through Act 2 and 3 with Sigma and others.

As for the Wicked Wind nerf, it's definitely noticeable, but still playable. This is with 40% crit rate. Despite all the other buffs to hydra, etc. I still enjoy the wicked wind + Archon build the most, as I get to hop between melee and ranged throughout a run, rather than be 24/7 kiting with Blizz/Hydra or Orb/Hydra.

What build are you using? Is it Spectral Blades Deep Cuts, Wicked Wind, Archon, Diamondskin, Energy Armor, Frost Nova? Passives apart from Critical Mass?

sazzy

I'm loving the WD pets now. And tried a short public Butcher Run and everyone else loved them too. They barely die now, if at all. Glorious!

Can't wait to play all night when I get back from my exam lol

Also, is everyone using an xp gem in helm?

What build are you using? Is it Spectral Blades Deep Cuts, Wicked Wind, Archon, Diamondskin, Energy Armor, Frost Nova? Passives apart from Critical Mass?

I'm using this exact build pre 1.04! For passive, CM is a must. The other ones I use are galvaning ward (for the life regen) and glass cannon. Sometimes, I used cold blooded or arcane dynamo.

I'm waiting to get off work so I can try post 1.04 D3....

SRTtoZ

So I finally dinged level 5 paragon and as I did my first 1.0.4 legendary drops.

The cheapest INT one I see on the AH goes for 50 mil, not sure about the perfect resist roll etc. I'm happy.

lol, literally after posting that, I get in a new game and with 2 stacks, I get a legendary. Too bad its shit though.

shit.png

Same thing dropped for me :p. I have 3 60s, but only 1 inferno ready character (DH). The other two (Barb and Wizard) are still rocking level 40 gear in some slots. Anyway I got a few upgrades for my Barb while playing so I thought I'll give act 1 a try and this dropped from a trash mob. Man it would have been quite awesome with a slightly higher dps roll and vit or IAS instead of strength.

As it stands, it isn't worth more than a million according to the current AH prices.

ahYTw.jpg

Radec

Wow, didn't know that there's a 30% Bonus EXP legendary ring.

Partner it up with a ruby helm and Paragon leveling might not take a month lol

Sigmaah

First 1.0.4 Legendary.
fXgFJ.jpg

I'm thinking it's shit but hey, at least I got a legendary the first day!

Also, holy fuck at Vault-Trail of Cinders Buff, I put that shit on and killed mobs in act 1 just by vaulting across them, THIS SHOULD BE FUN.

mlaz14

Had a pretty good haul in 2 act 3 games tonight.

ixI8gLXS1XtVZ.jpg

Got that off the second elite in a pack we killed.

iUxasWVvTTsqo.jpg

That off a trash mob.

iwoDUzqfYrgsu.jpg

That off another elite.

Wedge7

Wow, didn't know that there's a 30% Bonus EXP legendary ring.

Partner it up with a ruby helm and Paragon leveling might not take a month lol

Damn, 30%!

Yea, like you said, combined with a big ruby, thats like more than 50%

EDIT - Actually, I tried searching for rings with exp bonus. Are you sure their was actually a ring with 30% extra exp? I searched but only saw rings with like +30 experience, but not the flat percentage that the ruby gives. Cause most of the +exp stuff seems so minuscule, its like +50 exp for every monster kill, when mob kills I think give at least thousands of experience points per kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom