• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sockets are optional. You should be able to faceroll Inferno on MP0, if that's all you're looking to do.
Yea, that's probably the only objective. If I get addicted again, I'll just cross that bridge if I come to it.

Not familiar with the term MP0...guess it really has been too long. Feels weird being one of the first GAFers to get to Inferno, and now one of the last to cross the finish line. :-(

Svafnir

Blizzard already confirmed that in the Diablo 3 console version they added a evade mechanic where any class can dodge in any direction at any time.

However around 7:14 in this video a monster drops a globe that gives some type of buff. Once he clicked the globe he got a buff that "greatly increased xp gained" for about 10 seconds.

I wonder if we will be getting this also. Anyone else notice anything new?

Keikaku

Yea, that's probably the only objective. If I get addicted again, I'll just cross that bridge if I come to it.

Not familiar with the term MP0...guess it really has been too long. Feels weird being one of the first GAFers to get to Inferno, and now one of the last to cross the finish line. :-(
They have a Monster Power (MP) system in place now. Levels of Monster Power > 0 (i.e. MP1-10) will reward you with bonuses to XP gain, gold drop rate and Magic Find stat bonuses at the cost of greater health and damage for the monsters.

MP0 is vanilla Diablo-the experience that you got before the MP system was implemented. Monsters do less damage but drops are much harder to come by.

Cipherr

MP0 is vanilla Diablo-the experience that you got before the MP system was implemented. Monsters do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less damage but drops are much harder to come by.

Quick modification, if he was a release player and hasn't played since then, he may be a pre-nerf player. He will laugh at how easy MP0 is.

Quick modification, if he was a release player and hasn't played since then, he may be a pre-nerf player. He will laugh at how easy MP0 is.

Eh, maybe MP2-4 in terms of damage done, but closer to MP1 in terms of monster health. My gear has hardly changed at all since the original nerfs and implementation of the MP system. I was in Act 3 pre-nerf and doing Butcher runs was simple. Now I'm not sure I can even kill him on MP2, at least without having a difficult time, simply due to the health pool.

---

And in the Penny-Arcade report there's an article about the console version and it talks about the single-screen co-op experience and everyone getting excited when there's a legendary drop:

Does that mean shared loot for that? And are there guest characters or what? How exactly would that work? I doubt they're gonna have memory card shenanigans like we used to for the GCN version of PSO for Playstation 3 + 4.

Well with much thanks to jkanownik, and about 3 hours of note-taking and window-shopping in the AH, I was able to fully adorn my Wizard in stylish new duds.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

Definitely upgraded from the sad soul he was a day ago (28k dps to 61k dps, 30k hp to 50k hp, and probably +400 or more AR). 1.5m definitely goes farther now than before. That's for damn sure. I'm sure I'll upgrade those gems at some point. Otherwise, he seems really strong. I'm definitely not running from everything like a bitch like I remember I had to in Act II so many moons ago.

Looks good but the problems are weapon and source.

If you are running triumvirate then absolutly get a weapon with +minimum+maxim dmg affix (so called "black" weapon) otherwise get chatondro source.

Second - never ignore average dmg on sources.

With 1000dps 1,5 AS weapon and 100 avr dmg source you are doing 1150 dps with 200 avr dmg source you would be doing 1300 dps.

Also great choice for budget consious wizards is Skorn

And since you are not using Archon you can ignore armor passive and get one of others (since you have a lot of arcane spells maybe that one that slows targets would be good)

Ryan_

Does anyone happen to know why my keyboard doesn't register my 3 skills being constantly pressed in?

I play a CM wizard and a month or two ago I could spam my mouse buttons but keep my keyboard keys pushed in. Now, I wanna start playing again and it only registers one of the three keys. This is really annoying as it is hard enough to mash my mouse buttons, now I have to get the keyboard buttons in account too? Was this a stealth nerf or something?

Looks good but the problems are weapon and source.

If you are running triumvirate then absolutly get a weapon with +minimum+maxim dmg affix (so called "black" weapon) otherwise get chatondro source.

Second - never ignore average dmg on sources.

With 1000dps 1,5 AS weapon and 100 avr dmg source you are doing 1150 dps with 200 avr dmg source you would be doing 1300 dps.

Also great choice for budget consious wizards is Skorn

And since you are not using Archon you can ignore armor passive and get one of others (since you have a lot of arcane spells maybe that one that slows targets would be good)
*takes notes*

This shit can get really complicated. As much handholding as can be provided continues to be welcome. For example, I'm not very clear on when I should favor crit chance over crit damage, or either over int gain or visa versa when I have to choose. At this point all I can tell for sure is that I'm laying wood and haven't been below 50% health yet. So something is decent, and I doubt it's my play with 8 months of rust. I had trouble remembering to hold shift to attack. :-/

Vodh

I'm almost done with farming for keys, any (EU) GAFfers around willing to pull a crappy CM wiz through 3 MP10 ubers late tonight or tomorrow? Vodh#2936

eek5

I have a 17 million gold budget (I know, pocket change), what should I upgrade first?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Grosbill-1217/hero/1468398

Edit : Also I'm getting tired of beeing disconnected on my Barbarian... I thought that bug was resolved? :(

Get a new chest. You can get at least 100 more stats for ~2mil, 200 for ~5.

Get new amulet w/ avg dmg, crit% and either critd or attack speed.

Grab some gloves w/ something like 6% asi, 8% crit, 30% critd. shoudl be around 1-2 mil

Upgrade both your rings w/ avgdmg, crit%, critd

After you do that you should have around 50% crit chance w/ passives so you can get a fast off-hand w/ critd and str on it which will also boost your attack speed and help with fury gen.

Should be able to do all of the above for under 15mil. Not sure though.

neoism

Blizzard already confirmed that in the Diablo 3 console version they added a evade mechanic where any class can dodge in any direction at any time.

However around 7:14 in this video a monster drops a globe that gives some type of buff. Once he clicked the globe he got a buff that "greatly increased xp gained" for about 10 seconds.

I wonder if we will be getting this also. Anyone else notice anything new?

lol the ui is eye bleeding.. smh lol at finding two shitty legs... thats d3 alright... still looks playable with a controller..

Hmmm. Just found 2 legendaries. I think one is good and the other is booboo.

Don know where the game saves screenshots to get opinions.

Edit: question answered!

turnbuckle

Someone's gonna be a little more wealthy soon! Even after legendaries roll ilvl 63 stats it'll be hard to be this. Wish this could have dropped for me lol.

r9GWAAf.png

Vodh

Started Playing my level 13ish wizard on mp10... It's tough. Will I be able to sustain my character with just drops?

Yeah, go for it! Drops and blacksmith crafts is definitely the best way to go about your character on your way to 60. Sure, you'd be able to absolutely faceroll everything even with the cheapest crappiest AH gear, but you definitely don't need to do that - it might get challenging on the later difficulties, but that's the whole point. Just resist the temptation and when you're having problems take the difficulty down a few notches on the MP counter instead of going to AH for help and you won't regret it. This way the drops and the blacksmith are actually fun and meaningful.

Okay, updates!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

Last week my Wiz was doing 28k dps with about 150ar and about 30k hp, now doing almost 80k dps, 450ar and about 46k hp. Coming right along.

As I continue to peruse the AH, I'm finding that it's hard to find any meaningful upgrades for under 1mil. I've bought a couple of black wands and other 1h weapons, but none of them are upgrades to the weapon currently equipped. Honestly, I'm just not sure what I should be looking for as far as affixes...and just as I remember, the process is still very obtuse. I bought 1h weapons with higher damage and higher average damage, but end up being inferior. Because of all of the affixes, I'm just never sure if an item is really going to do more damage until I buy it. Bah. Maybe there is a tutorial of some kind for this?

Question for those who've built a Wiz (or just know): do I have too much AR and HP? I see other Wizards here that are much, much more glass cannon-y than I am right now (30%-50% less AR and HP) but are doing like 50% more damage. How much HP and AR should I be looking to sacrifice for more AS and INT? Would +9% AS be worth sacrificing 60 AR, for example? Or is there a target amount of AR to just work around?

edit: Made a purchase. Traded out some vitality for attack speed and traded about 3,000hp for 8,000 damage gains. I'll play around with it and see how it goes. The only really obvious upgrades for me that are within the realm of possiblity next week are Firewalkers/Ice Climbers and Depth Digger Pants. Those should net me about 200 int worth of improvements. Still not sure how to go about upgrading that wand for under a couple mill without losing some really good attribute. idk. I get the feeling that with the boots and pants, I'll be over 100k damage, which seems pretty cool. Certainly something I never thought I'd see.

MrDaravon

After ~200 attempts I FINALLY crafted a goddamn shoulders upgrade from my 248 Dex no vit Vile Ward:

cYb1IBq.jpg

It's not super amazing, but it was about a 3k DPS and 6k eHP boost. I just feel slightly vindicated now.

ElyrionX

I just got back to this last week and did a couple of mp4-5 runs. So far I have found one legendary and lots of rares, none were useful. In about 3-5 hours of playtime. And at paragon level of 19.

I thought the drop rates for legendaries were supposed to have been boosted?

Vicros

I know that feel bro :(

Did you wind up getting anything decent?

Not really. Well, some good gloves of course. But not anything I can use.

These are my current gloves. I'm a fire monk so the stacked res is key. I need fire + all + trifecta:

I2uqEPt.jpg

I crafted 154 dex gloves and this is as close as I got. They're pretty good, but I lose 105 to all my resistances.

E3qu5BU.jpg

I'll wait until I build up 50 more demonic essence and try again. Gloves are the only piece of gear that's worth it for me to craft at this point. The more geared you are, the less useful crafting is. Doubly so if you're a OWE monk. Needing a good all res roll PLUS my specific res increases the odds quite a bit.

I would like to craft a better dex chest, but I would need to roll vit+fire+all+3 sockets. And then at least the equivalent or better amount of all those stats. These new recipes would be amazing for a new character just reaching 60 though.

I'm not crafting :) I sunk about 10kk gold into it so far and results were far from amazing.

Would have been 1/3 or 1/4 of very nice Vile Wards.

Anyway i got pissed off with my DH with legacy nat's and i'm now selling all the gear for it.

Already at 100kk from it so hopefully i can push my Archon wizard from 155k to 200k unbuffed.

MrDaravon

Not really. Well, some good gloves of course. But not anything I can use.

These are my current gloves. I'm a fire monk so the stacked res is key. I need fire + all + trifecta:

Oooh yeah, you are in a special kind of hell then. Unless you're willing or want to drop to a difecta and take a vit roll or something instead of the third that's going to be pretty fucked for you.

I'm not crafting :) I sunk about 10kk gold into it so far and results were far from amazing.

Would have been 1/3 or 1/4 of very nice Vile Wards.

Anyway i got pissed off with my DH with legacy nat's and i'm now selling all the gear for it.

Already at 100kk from it so hopefully i can push my Archon wizard from 155k to 200k unbuffed.

Eh, the thing with crafting though is that it's ultimately probably better than buying something equally good on the AH. For all of my bitching about taking ~200 crafts to get a shoulder upgrade, that's about 15 million or so in costs. It would still ultimately cost WAY MORE to get a similar upgrade on the AH.

Edit: HOLY SHIT HAVE I FINALLY BEEN BLESSED BY THE DIABLO GODS?

yLVBvap.jpg

MrDaravon

Actually wasn't worth AS much as I would have hoped; there were two or three similar hammers up on the AH with sockets that were actually slightly better DPS-wise (slightly lower damage and crit but higher Dex) at 150 and 200 mil buyouts.

Vodh

Actually wasn't worth AS much as I would have hoped; there were two or three similar hammers up on the AH with sockets that were actually slightly better DPS-wise (slightly lower damage and crit but higher Dex) at 150 and 200 mil buyouts.

Cry me a fucking river >.<

Congrats, man! that's a lot of dough.

MrDaravon

Cry me a fucking river >.<

Congrats, man! that's a lot of dough.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining lol. Wound up selling for 250 million. Triple-checked other similar items and fairly sure I got a good price for it, but kinda hard to tell. Even if it wound up underselling a bit (I don't think it did) this was still by FAR my biggest sale; in over 500 hours my previous biggest sale was 42 mil, and then the one prior to that was like 25 million. I was probably past due given my game time.

If it's any consolation I get hilariously little in the way of upgrades still even with that much money. With ~245 mil (from what I had before) in just about every slot I'm looking at spending anywhere from 90-200 million for generally extremely small gains (usually like 1-2k dps and 1-10k ehp). I sniped a pretty awesome ring for 20 million right when it went up that was a solid upgrade and upgraded the 3 vit gems in my chest piece, but other than that I can't even do a lot with that much money anyway. Which in a way is kind of depressing.

that's a ballin-ass hammer, Sailor.

anyway, that d3up website has been helpful as hell. With it's help and Team GAF, I've been able to hit 113k dps with my Wizard (without spark flint), and if I pay enough attention to the AH I can probably add another 8k dps with glove and belt upgrades (both of which are under 80 int each).

I don't think I really need anymore dps (not that I expect to find anymore really great deals like I have been), but I'll keep my eyes open. Who doesn't like a bargain?

Last week: 28k dps, 35k hp, 350 AR, hoping to finish Inferno finally.

This week: 113k dps, 47k hp, 700 AR, sailing through MP2 and thinking about making it harder.

Thx, GAF!

MrDaravon

that's a ballin-ass hammer, Sailor.

anyway, that d3up website has been helpful as hell. With it's help and Team GAF, I've been able to hit 113k dps with my Wizard (without spark flint), and if I pay enough attention to the AH I can probably add another 8k dps with glove and belt upgrades (both of which are under 80 int each).

I don't think I really need anymore dps (not that I expect to find anymore really great deals like I have been), but I'll keep my eyes open. Who doesn't like a bargain?

Last week: 28k dps, 35k hp, 350 AR, hoping to finish Inferno finally.

This week: 113k dps, 47k hp, 700 AR, sailing through MP2 and thinking about making it harder.

Thx, GAF!

Nice! I was reading your posts, but know jack shit about Wizards so had nothing to contribute :p

Actually related, but as someone who has zero intention of ever playing a magic class, should I just be selling my Topaz gems? I have over a thousand flawless squares of them now. Or should I continue to hoard them on the off chance they do something with them later?

Vodh

Should I just be selling my Topaz gems? I have over a thousand flawless squares of them now. Or should I continue to hoard them on the off chance they do something with them later?

<shakes the 8 ball> Better not tell you now.

Edit: ^ kind of hard to price, don't know if anyone actively searches for it really, but there's a mildly better piece like that sitting on AH for 10m right now. It's actually a really good stat, just kind of not exactly what people would put in the search parameters so selling it for how much it's actually worth might take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom