• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to build a Wiz. I liked the WD for a while and then got bored of it and went back to monk full time. Wiz seems like fun. I know my monk sure likes to party with a Wiz. Cyclone Strike, Explosing Palm and CM are a match made in heaven.

Vodh

Wiz is pretty depressing. If you want to do higher MP's without billions upon billions of gear you're pretty much forced into CM, and that gets old pretty fast. On lower MP's you can pretty much do whatever you want with mid-tier gear, but you have to face the fact that you'd never even reach half the speed of an archon build. So it pretty much means you're forced into one of two builds, both of which have very little wiggle room for customization.

But running around in perma-archon is fun. It just bothers me that unless I miraculously obtain god-tier gear I would never be able to do higher MPs with anything but CM.

Barb is ridiculous, with pretty much the same amount of gold in gear I can barely do MP5 on my monk, but on my Barb i mow through MP7 quite easily.

DH never really bought me, so IDK about them, don't like their style too much.

Monk is fun for me - definitely top2. Not as strong as a barb, but playing him feels pretty damn good. Use of cooldowns makes fights quite interesting too.

And Witch Doctor seems to offer the widest build diversity and manages higher MP much, much better than a wizard (except for permafreeze CM ofc ;p). For me he's up there with Monk in terms of fun.

Insaniac

I think it was whirlwind and the lightning move with the walking guy that procs the most. Not sure what the lightning move is though, it's not chain lightning

Shock pulse with Living Lightning rune. Its awesome with APoC, and tossing a couple into a mob of monsters is enough to fuel meteors, arcane orbs etc (if your crit is high enough of course)

Also best works with the flash of insight passive

Wiz is pretty depressing. If you want to do higher MP's without billions upon billions of gear you're pretty much forced into CM, and that gets old pretty fast. On lower MP's you can pretty much do whatever you want with mid-tier gear, but you have to face the fact that you'd never even reach half the speed of an archon build. So it pretty much means you're forced into one of two builds, both of which have very little wiggle room for customization.

But running around in perma-archon is fun. It just bothers me that unless I miraculously obtain god-tier gear I would never be able to do higher MPs with anything but CM.

Barb is ridiculous, with pretty much the same amount of gold in gear I can barely do MP5 on my monk, but on my Barb i mow through MP7 quite easily.

DH never really bought me, so IDK about them, don't like their style too much.

Monk is fun for me - definitely top2. Not as strong as a barb, but playing him feels pretty damn good. Use of cooldowns makes fights quite interesting too.

And Witch Doctor seems to offer the widest build diversity and manages higher MP much, much better than a wizard (except for permafreeze CM ofc ;p). For me he's up there with Monk in terms of fun.

Shock pulse with Living Lightning rune. Its awesome with APoC, and tossing a couple into a mob of monsters is enough to fuel meteors, arcane orbs etc (if your crit is high enough of course)

Also best works with the flash of insight passive

*takes notes*

I think I'll go with the Monk if/when I get around to starting all over again.

Wolfie5

I had this drop the other day:

1r512Jn.jpg

I have a hard time pricing it as the prices are all over the place in EU AH. How much could be it be worth?

If I put in dex, vit, attack speed and crit in filter I get at least 100m. But if I reduce crit or attack speed with just 1% the value drops to 10-20m.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I had this drop the other day:

I have a hard time pricing it as the prices are all over the place in EU AH. How much could be it be worth?

If I put in dex, vit, attack speed and crit in filter I get at least 100m. But if I reduce crit or attack speed with just 1% the value drops to 10-20m.

Personally, I'd try posting it on the RMAH side first. There's quite a demand for any good items there since people don't want to jump through the hoops of exchanging gems for gold. If they're going for 100m gold-side then I bet people are still posting for $25 RM side, but you'd be ahead of the game with 15.

Ryan_

Does anyone happen to know why my keyboard doesn't register my 3 skills being constantly pressed in?

I play a CM wizard and a month or two ago I could spam my mouse buttons but keep my keyboard keys pushed in. Now, I wanna start playing again and it only registers one of the three keys. This is really annoying as it is hard enough to mash my mouse buttons, now I have to get the keyboard buttons in account too? Was this a stealth nerf or something?

Insaniac

Does anyone happen to know why my keyboard doesn't register my 3 skills being constantly pressed in?

I play a CM wizard and a month or two ago I could spam my mouse buttons but keep my keyboard keys pushed in. Now, I wanna start playing again and it only registers one of the three keys. This is really annoying as it is hard enough to mash my mouse buttons, now I have to get the keyboard buttons in account too? Was this a stealth nerf or something?

I'm not 100% sure about your situation but I know frost nova has a cast animation unlike diamond skin and obliterate, so sometimes if you're constantly spamming wicked wind, its cast animation will over-write frost nova and you won't get the cast.

Raticus79

I think the trick is to have frost nova on the right click, or something like that with the skill order.

I just went all in - my CM macro spams shift-click 123 on a 50ms total delay (20/sec). The buttons just look like they stay pressed. I use my right click for slow time or meteor instead. (Besides being way easier, this also allows perfect stutter stepping if you hold your Force Move key)

IceMarker

Any advice on my Demon Hunter and Barbarian? Running out of cheap options to upgrade on the AH and I'm not getting lucky with Account Bound Crafting rolls except the awesome shoulders on my DH. I can do MP2-4 easily on both of them.

--

Also, since I see another Dead Man's Legacy how was the roll on my drop of one?

I2r0Ym9.png

DTKT

Any advice on my Demon Hunter and Barbarian? Running out of cheap options to upgrade on the AH and I'm not getting lucky with Account Bound Crafting rolls except the awesome shoulders on my DH. I can do MP2-4 easily on both of them.

--

Also, since I see another Dead Man's Legacy how was the roll on my drop of one?

I2r0Ym9.png

I assume that the lack of +Disc or +Dms Hungering arrow hurts the price.

Talaysen

I think the trick is to have frost nova on the right click, or something like that with the skill order.

I just went all in - my CM macro spams shift-click 123 on a 50ms total delay (20/sec). The buttons just look like they stay pressed. I use my right click for slow time or meteor instead. (Besides being way easier, this also allows perfect stutter stepping if you hold your Force Move key)

Yeah, that's what I do too, except I think mine's quite a bit slower. I use Frost Nova, Diamond Shield, and then either Explosive Blast or Meteor on 3, with Energy Twister on left mouse and Slow Time or Teleport on right mouse.

IceMarker

Damn and I thought the Witching Hour I found and sold for 20 million was my biggest find, I just found a Zunimassa's Pox worth around 60 million!

OAm2QvT.png

EDIT: And it SOLD! I received 51M after Blizzard tax!

xero273

woo just found my first sellable legendary.. lol it wasn't good but it went for a good price. Sold the Buriza for 8 mil

/looks at above post

.... cries

Svafnir

Travis Day talks about possible modes such as endless dungeons (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8480518561#16)

and Lylirra talks about a new gameplay mechanic for consoles "power up globes" (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197591084?page=6#106)

"It's what we call a "power up" globe. Basically, there's a small chance that whenever a health globe drops it'll turn into a power up globe instead. These globes can provide the player with one of several small, temporary buffs (+MF/GF, +movement speed, +attack speed, etc) when picked up and last for very short period of time. They're similar to Shrine buffs, but are designed to give players a quick boost during the middle of combat, rather than something you take from fight to fight.

Right now, there aren't any plans to bring power up globes to the PC, but that of course may change as we continue testing and poring through your feedback. :)"

MrDaravon

Travis Day talks about possible modes such as endless dungeons (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8480518561#16)

and Lylirra talks about a new gameplay mechanic for consoles "power up globes" (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197591084?page=6#106)

"It's what we call a "power up" globe. Basically, there's a small chance that whenever a health globe drops it'll turn into a power up globe instead. These globes can provide the player with one of several small, temporary buffs (+MF/GF, +movement speed, +attack speed, etc) when picked up and last for very short period of time. They're similar to Shrine buffs, but are designed to give players a quick boost during the middle of combat, rather than something you take from fight to fight.

Right now, there aren't any plans to bring power up globes to the PC, but that of course may change as we continue testing and poring through your feedback. :)"

Travis is right though in that Endless dungeons (or whatever you want to call them) would be freaking awesome, but they have to find a way to mix it up or a way to make it just not the only thing anyone ever wants to do. If at any time I could just hop into a dungeon with a shitload of enemies to kill until I die or something, no one would ever do anything else. I suppose there's a number of ways they could work around that, either by having the ability to access this be earned (similar to the Infernal Machines), or you have to make it a certain length/wave into the dungeon before any items drop, and once you die you have to start at the beginning, etc.

inky

Did they ever put up the second part of the itemization Q&A? Is there an ETA for 1.0.8 too?

AFAIK the patch doesn't include anything significant other than the identify all feature, correct? I don't know why Blizzard takes so much fucking time with 'small' things like these.

eek5

Did they ever put up the second part of the itemization Q&A? Is there an ETA for 1.0.8 too?

AFAIK the patch doesn't include anything significant other than the identify all feature, correct? I don't know why Blizzard takes so much fucking time with 'small' things like these.

coop changes/improvements; act 1,2,4 density increase; multi crafting; id all

I could see density increases or coop changes needing a PTR. They could really mess stuff up tweaking that

inky

Well, that seems a bit more significant I guess. I still believe they take too long for stuff to move from "yeah we totally talk about this and that internally" to "coming soon!".

balddemon

Banned
Endless dungeons would make me play this game so much more lol. As long as it's random enemies and lots of elite packs/champs and random layouts with inferno drop rates.

eek5

Well, that seems a bit more significant I guess. I still believe they take too long for stuff to move from "yeah we totally talk about this and that internally" to "coming soon!".

Yeah the updates come pretty slowly, especially some of the QoL stuff that seems like it would be easy to implement. I can see 1.0.8 taking a while because some of the random dungeons probably need to be tweaked individually. One of the caves in A2, for example, don't even have any elites in them which is weird. Some dungeons in A1 have pretty good mob density too so doing an overall act multipiler would probably make those too good for farming and make a3 stink in comparison lol

inky

Endless dungeons would make me play this game so much more lol. As long as it's random enemies and lots of elite packs/champs and random layouts with inferno drop rates.

The problem is even that would get boring soon because of the way monster affixes work. Unless they add multipliers to the effects themselves, or some other characteristics that make fights more interesting it would just become a battle of attrition like it is now with the multiplied health pools for MP.

MrDaravon

Yeah, I run with a Scoundrel with one and gave him all the Attack Speed % gear I could find along with his three bolt shot ability, so he just runs around and freezes stuff pretty frequently. It's useful as all hell for solo runs.

Raticus79

Looking forward to seeing what happens to Buriza-do Kyanon with the itemization patch. It might actually see some use on demon hunters. Curious to see which attacks are affected by the pierce. Could even be useful for WD in a weird way

Insaniac

Looking forward to seeing what happens to Buriza-do Kyanon with the itemization patch. It might actually see some use on demon hunters. Curious to see which attacks are affected by the pierce. Could even be useful for WD in a weird way

possibly could be good for WD, i've seen builds using Azure's wrath to permafreeze mobs with rain of frogs

Ingeniero

I have been playing a lot yesterday and today, I plan to play all weekend, trying the Alkazier runs with my Hammer of the Ancients build, its ok I guess, maybe WW would me more effective.

Btw, how do I use the dyes? I buy those 5k bottles, but can't apply them on my stuff, why?

Felices Pascuas a todos.

Raticus79

I have been playing a lot yesterday and today, I plan to play all weekend, trying the Alkazier runs with my Hammer of the Ancients build, its ok I guess, maybe WW would me more effective.

Btw, how do I use the dyes? I buy those 5k bottles, but can't apply them on my stuff, why?

Felices Pascuas a todos.

For HOTA, try holding your "force move" key with it. Apparently it does some animation cancelling and you get faster attacks.

Ryan_

Yeah, that's what I do too, except I think mine's quite a bit slower. I use Frost Nova, Diamond Shield, and then either Explosive Blast or Meteor on 3, with Energy Twister on left mouse and Slow Time or Teleport on right mouse.

That is exactly what I use but suddenly it stopped working.
It's not really about the animation, the skill is not being used. It worked for months and now suddenly it only registers one keyboard skill. Another dissapointment, sigh.
Thanks tho

Ingeniero

You can't paint legendary items, you can only use vanishing dye on legendaries.
Oh thanks, I got it.
I was trying to paint rares, but I have to take them off before painting them, then right click the bottle and click the rare item. Now my barb is all black badass.

For HOTA, try holding your "force move" key with it. Apparently it does some animation cancelling and you get faster attacks.
I don't understand, I use left click to move but if there's an enemy, left click will attack (bash).
HOTA is on my right click.

EDIT.
I just got my first set item ever :)

QXJUisi.jpg

Thoughts? worth anything?

I'm having the worst luck since the 1.07 patch. I've gotten maybe ten legendaries when I used to get 3-4 a night now I'm lucky if I get 1. When I do get them they are usually monk spirit stones which are garbage or those garbage witch doctor weapons the gibbons or whatever. Like 5 of each. Fucking garbage. I think I've gotten three sledge of azroths or whatever too!

MrDaravon

So I took some advice and on my MP6 solo runs (which are doable but not super easy or anything) I changed my Hungering Arrow rune to Spray of Teeth and dropped Lightning Ball for Spike Trap/Echoing Blast to see how that works. Traps aren't really my playstyle, but people kept saying that at high MP that's the way to go.

So I am terrible at placing traps and managing that along with Gloom and everything since I'm not used to it, but I utterly facerolled MP6. Upped it to MP7, still completely facerolled it. Holy fucking shit. In the morning I'm going to up it to MP8 and see how this goes, but I'm completely floored, I've been doing it all wrong apparently. Also spent the last of my money for a Witching Hour upgrade that was only like 2k damage but 25k eHP to start prepping for losing some eHP in other slots, and also got lucky and crafted some better gloves so I'm currently at 203k damage unbuffed and 428k eHP w/out dodge. I wouldn't have thought this possible 2 months ago with a DH, but this is hilarious now.

Talaysen

I found a Vigilance spear with like 1400+ DPS, a ton of life on hit (1700s?) and 5.9% life steal. That worth anything? I'd link it but not on the right computer for that.

Ingeniero

Hmmm wait a minute.
I bought 4 million gold yesterday for USD$ 1 and 4 Flawless Star Emeralds for 0.25 each USD $1 total. Meaning that the equivalence of gold is 1.33 million gold for each Gem.
And now I see the AH and each Flawless Star Emerald is average 3 million gold? wtf

So I guess I can buy tons of gems with $cash and make profit in gold?

eek5

Hmmm wait a minute.
I bought 4 million gold yesterday for USD$ 1 and 4 Flawless Star Emeralds for 0.25 each USD $1 total. Meaning that the equivalence of gold is 1.33 million gold for each Gem.
And now I see the AH and each Flawless Star Emerald is average 3 million gold? wtf

So I guess I can buy tons of gems with $cash and make profit in gold?

Should have bought the radiant star for $2 instead. ~28 mil on GAH :3

J2d

IAS and no crit or socket means skorn is still probably preferable. I tempest rush and the orbs alone keeps my health up without much trouble.

edit: I'm only looking at it from a TR view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom