• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

lol 6 questions...smh.... things look like they are going to be better down the road shame the game now is basically boring to play... :/ think I'll take my first real long break til then

It's only part 1 of the answers. But I agree, 6 questions isn't much.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Calling it now, it'll be one tidbit of real fact per post. The bit about legendary affixes was it for this one :)

For random GAF pickup groups: Raticus79#1110. I've got my p100 monk and bringing up CM wizard.

eek5

I don't even think 1.0.8 is coming out this month or next month which means all the legendary questions they're answering are waaaay out. They probably just dont' want to blow their load all at once and have people hyped for something coming in 4 months lol

Svafnir

I don't even think 1.0.8 is coming out this month or next month which means all the legendary questions they're answering are waaaay out. They probably just dont' want to blow their load all at once and have people hyped for something coming in 4 months lol

More so none of these itemization things are in 1.0.8. So it's even farther off than you might imagine.

DTKT

Christ, what the fuck.

I understand the need to take your time and make sure everything works, but this is just silly. An identify all button sounds like a great way to make me come back but I'll be damned if I'm waiting 4 weeks for that.

Blizzard is terrible at patches.

Firemind

I don't know how it is for wiz but after a certain point it costs like 500mil to 2+ billion for each slot so I doubt he could get 500k unbuff for 2bil

Just buy a shit ton of craft mats. It's really not difficult to get good rolls. Only the amulet is a bit of a gamble since it has so many possible rolls. For the rest of the slots, zuni armor and boots, witching hour, inna's pants and triumvirate are reasonably cheap for mid-high rolls. The only slots that cost $texas are the weapon, mempo, zuni ring and trifecta rare ring.

xero273

So how do ppl actually make gold in this game other than spending real money? trying to build CM wizard but god damn the price I need to pay. I have been breaking down rares and selling the tears to make money.. but that's usually 100k per run

XShagrath

So how do ppl actually make gold in this game other than spending real money? trying to build CM wizard but god damn the price I need to pay. I have been breaking down rares and selling the tears to make money.. but that's usually 100k per run

If you find out, let me know! I about shit my pants when I looked at what it would cost to craft a Marquise Emerald. 20 million!

I've got like 5 million and that's after playing a long time.

unidentified legendaries, good rolls for rare rings, rares with high reduced level requirement values, and the once in a million godly 1h weapon roll.

I'm doing around 300-400k per hour collecting gold and selling essences with my archon wizard.
Then they are items - typically i find few sellable ones which can range from like 20k to few hundreds k. Sometimes i get few milions worth item.

Also green gems are 14k each on AH.

So far i had one very good item- Nats ring with CC which went for 50 milions :D

And in 99% of cases when i change equipment i sell already owned gear for more than i paid for it.

Keikaku

I had some good luck with drops over time. Not sure how much you've put into the game but I've got just a bit over 200 hours and, before I geared up my Barb as my main character, I had about 145 million to play with just from good legendary drops and a little bit from gem flipping.

With my Barb now out DPSing my WD to the extent that I can handle MP4 instead of MP2, I see about 1 legendary or 1 set item every 2/3 runs. None of them have been worth anything yet but seeing as it's just a matter of time and RNG. It also helps that I'm still sitting on 13 mill, so that eases my fears a bit.

inky

Half these things won't see the light of day until the expansion

I doubt it, because that is like 2 years away.

Seriously, how can they not push some some quick updates out every week like every other game? Small things like the identify all don't need to be kept to pad some other numbered patch when every answer has been: "yeah, we've been thinking about this stuff and that other stuff but it's not something that is coming soon."

Keikaku

Just found these-hopefully they're my second decent legendary/set in a the last 2 days (had a Skorn that I probably undersold go for 20 mil). The extra roll of Dex along with the double sockets is pretty nice. I'll see what I can get on the AH for them.

bPSQOmq.png

MrDaravon

I would have gotten on with you last night eek, but was somewhere where my internet connection was kind of shit and was having disconnect problems. We'll have to play soon, haven't really grouped in months (since I really started playing again).

Also I took some advice from some threads on bnet a couple weeks ago and changed my DH gear some; at the time my buffed DPS was 275k, but my effective HP WITH dodge was 294k which is hilariously bad. Took some suggestions and signed up for d3up (I didn't even know anything about eHP until then) and made some gear changes. About 10 million later I'm now at about 183k unbuffed damage and 220 buffed which is still pretty solid, but my effective HP is now 320k w/out dodge and 607k w/dodge. Has made a HUGE difference; I was doing MP1 runs which I could faceroll pretty much, but now I'm doing MP4 runs with only minimal difficulty. It's not facerolling like I was before, but it's still fairly doable (I only die once in a while if I get a super crazy affix/enemy combo) and it's been making a noticeable difference in drops.

I'm still not getting jack shit from crafting though. Made another 40 dex shoulders last night, still fucking nothing great that I can replace my decent Vile Wards with. Just want one that has decent dex (240+), Vit or Life, and high all resist :/

Edit: Just made another 20 dex shoulders, nothing even close to worthwhile, and for the first time ever I'm actually out of Tomes. Holy shit. They're not expensive or anything, it'd only be about 950k for a full 1000 stack of them, but goddamn.

Suairyu

Banned
What a bunch of nothing. Didn't we already know that? And that 'why no socket' item is super weird, if not dumb.
I disagree. If 'add socket' is something you'd be doing every time be default, and requires no skill to achieve, then its inclusion is pointless and time-wasting. It's busy work.

Items having sockets by default is much better.

inky

I disagree. If 'add socket' is something you'd be doing every time be default, and requires no skill to achieve, then its inclusion is pointless and time-wasting. It's busy work.

Items having sockets by default is much better.

There's many ways to make it not "busy work" for example add a chance for success and the ability to exchange one of the item's already rolled stats for it, or something else.

My point about it being dumb was more about how they recognized the problem, but instead of solving it they took the mechanic out completely.

Suairyu

Banned
There's many ways to make it not "busy work" for example add a chance for success and the ability to exchange one of the item's already rolled stats for it, or something else.

My point about it being dumb was more about how they recognized the problem, but instead of solving it they took the mechanic out completely.
I don't think it is solvable, at least not by your first solution. "Chance for success" is an awful idea - just more time-wasting. I like your suggestion of being able to exchange a rolled stat for an empty socket, though. That could work quite well.

But I'm generally so against busy-work in games like this. I want to get back into the fray near-instantly. Torchlight's "send pet to town to sell loot" was an amazing mechanic that drastically cut down on busy work.

My current pet annoyance is that you've got to wait for a progress bar to fill during crafting or gem combining. Why? There's nothing being calculated. There's no excuse to waste two seconds of my time on that shit.

I know, I know, wow two whole seconds, but if it's wasted time then even a single second rubs me the wrong way.

inky

I hate that stuff too, but Blizzard probably thinks it's exciting or something (kinda why identifying Legendary items takes longer).

I guess a real solution would be a more comprehensive crafting system, in which "add socket" is only 1 of many options to modify items, but who knows when that's coming anyway. If you'd asked me a year ago if proper crafting/enchanting would be in the game 1 year from launch I would've said "absolutely", yet here we are...

MrDaravon

Just found my first Legendary Plan: Seven Sins.

Just checked the AH, why in the hell are these plans worth 12-13 million? They're garbage, even moreso now with the Archon shoulder craft addition.

eek5

Just checked the AH, why in the hell are these plans worth 12-13 million? They're garbage, even moreso now with the Archon shoulder craft addition.

The drop is really rare and rich people have nothing better to do than get every recipe in the game learned.. that's my guess anyway

Maybe rich people are collecting them hoping for a buff in the future

IceMarker

I'd imagine legendary and set plans will shoot up in price for when the legendaries get buffed to roll stat values for inferno no matter what they are.

MrDaravon

I'd imagine legendary and set plans will shoot up in price for when the legendaries get buffed to roll stat values for inferno no matter what they are.

I was thinking that, but I don't see how the stats on these buffed would compare equally to Vile Wards or the Archon Shoulders. I'm going to assume it's rich people just collecting everything.

eek5

Edit: Just made another 20 dex shoulders, nothing even close to worthwhile, and for the first time ever I'm actually out of Tomes. Holy shit. They're not expensive or anything, it'd only be about 950k for a full 1000 stack of them, but goddamn.

Wait if you can. They were 360 gold a piece a couple days ago then everything doubled in price overnight. It should go back down, maybe.

MrDaravon

Wait if you can. They were 360 gold a piece a couple days ago then everything doubled in price overnight. It should go back down, maybe.

Yeah, it looked like they were trading for 450 yesterday than jumped up today. I just bought a couple hundred, they were already down to like 500-600 or something.

Okay guys, it's been like 8 months since I've played D3 and I'd like to finish Inferno.

If anyone can advise me on what kinds of upgrade items I need for my Wizard to accomplish that goal, I'd appreciate it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

^ my Wizard. I have no idea if any of that is worth keeping or not. Again, it's been since...I played last in June. I don't mind browsing the RMAH if need be, as long as it's fairly cheap. If there are items I should search out and pick up by name, just name them all. I don't need an OP Wizard atm as I don't know if I'm going to play much more D3 after finishing Inferno, but I would like my Wizard to be strong enough to make a fairly comfortable run through the rest of Inferno (I quit back when Act II was broken hard).

Thanks in advance.

tldr: help me build a shopping list that will help me finish the fight.

Keikaku

Okay guys, it's been like 8 months since I've played D3 and I'd like to finish Inferno.

If anyone can advise me on what kinds of upgrade items I need for my Wizard to accomplish that goal, I'd appreciate it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

^ my Wizard. I have no idea if any of that is worth keeping or not. Again, it's been since...I played last in June. I don't mind browsing the RMAH if need be, as long as it's fairly cheap. If there are items I should search out and pick up by name, just name them all. I don't need an OP Wizard atm as I don't know if I'm going to play much more D3 after finishing Inferno, but I would like my Wizard to be strong enough to make a fairly comfortable run through the rest of Inferno (I quit back when Act II was broken hard).

Thanks in advance.

tldr: help me build a shopping list that will help me finish the fight.
Do you have a million gold or thereabouts? You could just browse through the AH looking for armor that has better stats than everything you currently own without losing sockets and you'd only need a million if that. Get 300-400AR, more crit chance, crit damage, aim for around 50K DPS and you're golden. A lot of basic, inferno beating gear is dirt cheap right now.

If you don't have a million, I can just buy you some gear and dump it off to you.

Do you have a million gold or thereabouts? You could just browse through the AH looking for armor that has better stats than everything you currently own without losing sockets and you'd only need a million if that. Get 300-400AR, more crit chance, crit damage, aim for around 50K DPS and you're golden. A lot of basic, inferno beating gear is dirt cheap right now.

If you don't have a million, I can just buy you some gear and dump it off to you.

Bless you, sir. I'm sure I can get up to a million in a reasonable amount of time. A few days of farming will help me familiarize myself with how to play the game anyway. I have about 300,000 atm.

Is a million really all I need to get through Inferno? Back in my day (lol), that 2h mace cost that much. :D

What's the gear selling for tens of millions for? Also, I assume 1h + source is the definitive choice over a 2h weapon for Wiz?

Tarazet

Bless you, sir. I'm sure I can get up to a million in a reasonable amount of time. A few days of farming will help me familiarize myself with how to play the game anyway. I have about 300,000 atm.

Is a million really all I need to get through Inferno? Back in my day (lol), that 2h mace cost that much. :D

What's the gear selling for tens of millions for? Also, I assume 1h + source is the definitive choice over a 2h weapon for Wiz?

Black weapon (no elemental damage) and Triumvirate is the combination of choice for Wizards currently. The +elemental damage attributes on the Trum stack when applied with a black weapon.

Insaniac

most things you see selling for tens/hundreds of millions are items with the most ideal mods on them, a lot of things you can buy for very cheap and still upgrade your gear. Take a look at my wizard I posted above, some of the stuff there I got for 200,000 gold or cheaper. (The weapon was loaned by a friend, but you can still find 900+ DPS weapons for cheap if you don't mind not having crit dmg or socket

Vodh

Black weapon (no elemental damage) and Triumvirate is the combination of choice for Wizards currently. The +elemental damage attributes on the Trum stack when applied with a black weapon.

Yeah, just keep in mind that as long as you're doing Archon or Disintegrate build, unless you've got upwards of 1mil to spend on a weapon and source alone, a Skorn will be a much more money-efficient choice. And you can't really go CM with a cheap triumvirate and a black wand anyways.

Vodh

*takes notes*

What does "CM" mean, btw?

Critical Mass - it's a build that revolves around keeping enemies perma-freezed by frost nova, reducing cooldowns to pretty much nothing through the use of the Critical Mass passive. There's like ten gazillion videos on yt and guides around if you want to know more ;)

Critical Mass - it's a build that revolves around keeping enemies perma-freezed by frost nova, reducing cooldowns to pretty much nothing through the use of the Critical Mass passive. There's like ten gazillion videos on yt and guides around if you want to know more ;)
Oh those builds still work? I remember some builds like that in June, but Blizzard was nerfing them with every update. So a few did survive, eh?

Cool. All stuff I'll keep in mind as I'm rebuilding my Wiz.

-wand with no element
-triumvirate or skorn
-crit chance/damage, as
-I assume as much int and vit as I can get my hands on
-as much all resist as I can find?
-sockets optional?

Keikaku

Cool. All stuff I'll keep in mind as I'm rebuilding my Wiz.

-wand with no element
-triumvirate or skorn
-crit chance/damage, as
-I assume as much int and vit as I can get my hands on
-as much all resist as I can find?
-sockets optional?
Yeah, sockets are optional. You should be able to faceroll Inferno on MP0, if that's all you're looking to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom