• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

I got 1 shotted by ep from reflect damage, I'm too scared to use it

Yeah I don't use it on RD packs unless everything else is dead & it's just the one left or if it's at the start of the fight and I can whittle them down without worrying about it triggering. Launched myself across the room too many times now.

I got 1 shotted by ep from reflect damage, I'm too scared to use it

It's fun trying to time your EP's so they don't fuck you up. lol

I have 5.5% LS and RD will still one shot me if I don't time the explosions correct.

It's way better to have that visual and a timed release of RD with how powerful they make that stupid mob affix.

are these just...something to do? Because I can't imagine wanting to equip that.

They're almost imperative for Paragon leveling or alt leveling. YOu can equip at level one as has been said already. The mian stat and the EXP are always a garauntee. I've crafted a bunch and like the one I'm rocking right now.

Insaniac

does EP work so that the explosion only if the enemy dies by the bleed damage, or will it explode if it dies while under the influence of EP?

does EP work so that the explosion only if the enemy dies by the bleed damage, or will it explode if it dies while under the influence of EP?

They explode as long as they are under the effect of the spell regardless of how they die. Your barb buddy doing WW everywhere can set off the explosion.

The best part about EP is that the damage scales with monster HP, so it's just as effective at higher MP's as it is at lower MP's. Only the bleed damage is weapon based. RD is a bitch with it though. Combine Cylone with EP and it's a pretty powerful combo. Get a wiz to come along with you so they can freeze everything you just cycloned and the combo almost seems unfair.

Insaniac

They explode as long as they are under the effect of the spell regardless of how they die. Your barb buddy doing WW everywhere can set off the explosion.

The best part about EP is that the damage scales with monster HP, so it's just as effective at higher MP's as it is at lower MP's. Only the bleed damage is weapon based. RD is a bitch with it though. Combine Cylone with EP and it's a pretty powerful combo. Get a wiz to come along with you so they can freeze everything you just cycloned and the combo almost seems unfair.

yeah CM with a monk using cyclone is just unfair.

Is anybody playing on the latest iMacs? How's performance? Thinking about visiting Tristram, assuming Tristram is still part of the world...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hey Talaysen - I was wrong about cold blooded in groups, it only applies to you. The bone chill rune on frost nova and conflagration are the ones that work for group members.

Ingeniero

I think Fear on enemies is actually bad, yo don't want them fleeing right? yo want to kill them asap... because of that I don't get why EF are so popular, well I guess because of the insane damage it does..

RivalCore

I think Fear on enemies is actually bad, yo don't want them fleeing right? yo want to kill them asap... because of that I don't get why EF are so popular, well I guess because of the insane damage it does..

Oh it's really annoying, especially if you don't have the DPS to take them down quickly. Chances are whoever buys that already has godly gear and can tear through mobs and elites like butter.

Playing this game again after like, a year? 9 months? Been a long time. There's nothing new I want in April outside Guacmelee!, so I'm I'm back to the old timesinks.

Is Inferno solo still like crazy hard with stupid-ass mobs? because that made me ragequit back in the day

Also, does anybody else feel Diablo actually looks pretty feminine in this game? I think it's a combination of the small waist and large hips

Playing this game again after like, a year? 9 months? Been a long time. There's nothing new I want in April outside Guacmelee!, so I'm I'm back to the old timesinks.

Is Inferno solo still like crazy hard with stupid-ass mobs? because that made me ragequit back in the day

Nope.

Also, does anybody else feel Diablo actually looks pretty feminine in this game? I think it's a combination of the small waist and large hips

Well, yeah. He/she/it transforms into Diablo from Leah. It is very obviously a female Diablo design, even has some semblance of breasts.

Raticus79

[...]

They're almost imperative for Paragon leveling or alt leveling. YOu can equip at level one as has been said already. The mian stat and the EXP are always a garauntee. I've crafted a bunch and like the one I'm rocking right now.

If you can get a vit hellfire with average damage and regen, you're pretty much god mode for those annoying first 25 levels!

DTKT

Inferno is now very easy with >10 mil gear. Some mobs are more annoying than others, which can make some pretty nasty combo when you add some really bad affixes.

Gear/itemization is broken, a large part of legendaries are useless.

Dahbomb

It's not hard at all but there are MP levels if you want to make it stupid hard.

Raticus79

Technically can't you get the same stats on a rare weapon?

The thing that sets the echoing fury apart from other weapons is the +attacks per second roll. It applies to the other weapon - so say you had a 1250 DPS mace in the other hand, that one becomes 1450 dps or so.

Edit: hmm, I guess that means it probably makes sense to have a ruby in that other hand

Koeta

Found this ring today judging from the AH looks to be worth a pretty penny, was wondering what gaf though a good price would be for it.

lvi9jnH.jpg

MrDaravon

Dahbomb, you still playing this? Give me some of that sweet loot, DMC/FGC brotha

Can you link to your character on bnet? I'm not super loaded but I can hook you up some if you're a class I know how to gear at all (DH or Monk), or otherwise just give you some money. Or add me, I'm MrDaravon#1289.

Ingeniero

Why aren't there more filter criteria for ammulets and rings in the AH...

It takes for ever to find a SoJ with barb skill bonnus....

Ingeniero

Search for all armor with +20 to elites and the barb skill of your choice.

Thanks man, that was helpful, however there is no filter for HotA bonnus :/

Well, I have been doing much better, now playing mp5 in party without dying too much, good farming in keeps and crater.

This is my barb now:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/3763386

Any suggestions about what to upgrade next? I have only 18 million gold :(

Thanks.

eek5

Thanks man, that was helpful, however there is no filter for HotA bonnus :/

Well, I have been doing much better, now playing mp5 in party without dying too much, good farming in keeps and crater.

This is my barb now:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/3763386

Any suggestions about what to upgrade next? I have only 18 million gold :(

Thanks.

It's been a long time since I've seen a non-WW barb :lol

I don't know why you're prioritizing attack speed so much for a 1H build. You should be stacking as much crit as possible so that you one shot stuff. Even with 30% attack speed you'll only be attacking as fast as a single 1H mace which is still really slow. You need to get your crit chance to like 30, preferably 40% without buffs. Higher if possible.

Here is what I'd do:

1) Get a belt like this:
9sFGgRC.png

This was 1mil. If you want to get fancy you can search for bash 10% bonus. I saw some between 2-3mil with similar stats. The 3% life sustain will help you a lot. You can switch out bloodthirst on lower MP with it or use both if you want to stand around a bit.

2) Next, get an IK helm to get the AR bonus and boost your EHP.
0U8Bd0e.png

This was 1.2m when I searched

You'll lose some vit but increase your crit%. Life% and AR bonuses should help boost your EHP too.

3) You need a new amulet. You don't have a 2 piece set with blackthorn so that amulet is really giving you nothing except the life% and some critd which does you no good since your crit% is so low.

Something like this:
etsmKJ1.png

(1mil)

would boost your dps by so much.

After that I would craft a shitload of bracers and gloves and hope for the best. Bracers first so you can get more crit% there.

I don't know what your HP would look like after those changes but if you can drop more vit something like this

TTvCCgK.png

(490k)

would probably be better off for the build you're using.
--

Once you get your EHP up more and your crit% higher you can switch out a passive for brawler and run w/ rend to just wreck trash mobs. If you eventually want to go WW disregard everything after the IK stuff and get a 9% crit 9% asi amulet instead.

Ingeniero

It's been a long time since I've seen a non-WW barb :lol

I don't know why you're prioritizing attack speed so much for a 1H build. You should be stacking as much crit as possible so that you one shot stuff. Even with 30% attack speed you'll only be attacking as fast as a single 1H mace which is still really slow. You need to get your crit chance to like 30, preferably 40% without buffs. Higher if possible.

Thanks for your input and help man, awesome with all the images and all, thanks a lot.

This is my baba in D3up with more details:
http://d3up.com/b/456736/tyrion#skills

I have 39% crit chance unbuffed and 380% crit damage.

My philosophy is that since HotA does such insane damage (+400% weapon damage with smash) I can pretty much one shot most of the white mobs, but I feel it is too slow for the elites because Skorn is a slow weapon, and with faster attack, the faster HotA is casted, that's why I have IAS items.

I was getting killed a lot, thats why I changed the ammulet and boots to favor more HP, I had an ammy almost exactly as the one you recommend, I did like 12K more damage with it, but elites killed me anyways because I had low HP.

I will buy the IK stuff, I know that my belt is not good atm and I need more life steal so the IK belt will do wonders.

About the helm, I was thinking of buying a Mempo for more AR, life and IAS (also it looks so badass), but I guess the IK helm would me more benefitial for my build as you say.

I have crafted like 20 gloves with no luck, I want a trifecta ones but they are very expensive. I will keep on crafting.

HotA is such an incredible skill, it does so much damage, all buffed and with berserker almost all my hits are criticals around 1.4 million per hit, its so sick, and the sound is so awesome too. That's why I use this build instead of WW. Also because I feel that a mighty barb shouldn't spin around with WW like a ballet ballerina :p.

Thanks again.
Cheers.

Is anybody playing on the latest iMacs? How's performance? Thinking about visiting Tristram, assuming Tristram is still part of the world...

I've played most of my time on a retina MBP and it's a solid 45+ fps with most high settings just running at a non-native res (1600-1800 x something).

Running at the full 2880 drops it below 30.

eek5

How would you build a WW barb? I'm growing a bit tired of the Rend build and I'd like something new!

Any help ? I have about 5-6 mil to spend

http://d3up.com/b/493470#gear

You basically need two one handers. Left hand get highest DPS axe (or mace if you can't afford axe) as possible with str and socket. Right hand get fastest weapon possible (dagger preferably or sword if you can't afford it) with huge critd bonus and maybe life steal you can get away with not having LS in lower MP.

Your crit% is high enough that you'd keep infinite WOTB anyway.

The reason for high base damage 1H is the tornado ticks are based off your left weapon so you want to have the highest flat damage there possible. Then you modify that weapon w/ huge crit% bonus (200%) in the right hand and increase the speed at which you tick with a really fast attack speed right hand.

This will probably kill your entire budget. After that you'd want to increase your ASI as much as possible while keeping your crit% high. I don't know the breakpoints but you can probably look it up.

With overpower+battlerage/itf+yourcrit% you should be alright with maintaining fury though but raising your attack speed would increase effective dps after you pass certain breakpoints basically.

--

You can do a WW/rend build with your current gear though:
tc9KsnQ.png

Fury generation is a bitch. I basically hit with rend until I get just enough fury to use BR then I go into WW. I usually have to pop a pot at the beginning of this but once you get going you should be fine. Basically what I do is WW a group of trash mobs until they're about 60-70% health then I pop overpower (increase crit% by 10% also does some aoe dmg) and then I rend and run away. DoT will kill the group while you're gone letting you get xp at an insane rate.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xero273/screenshots/

anyone know how much I can sell this for? I tried searching on AH but nothing has the life % stat. The closest I could find around the belt without life % was selling 2 mil so I think maybe 1.5 mil?

That's a pretty sweet belt. Get about as much EHP from 10% life as I do with 80res but I'd prefer the res since it keeps the hp:ehp ratio tighter. Either way, I think that should be worth more but people don't value lamentations that much so it's hard to say.

eek5

Can someone teach me how to play DH? I don't get why my 140k dps 270 res/3.4k armor monk can clear mp5 faster and survive better than my 170-200k dps 460res/4.1k armor DH. What am I doing wrong!?

Raticus79

ElyrionX

Can someone teach me how to play DH? I don't get why my 140k dps 270 res/3.4k armor monk can clear mp5 faster and survive better than my 170-200k dps 460res/4.1k armor DH. What am I doing wrong!?

DH doesn't scale up well to the higher MPs due to the lack of efficient resource generation and very poor skill synergies. It's a common complaint amongst DH players.

The DH really is the least thoughtfully designed character in the game and I think Blizzard rushed the DH class out of the gate and probably gave her the least development time among all the classes.

eek5

Wow, exploding palm in groups stacks after all...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bwufu/secret_of_exploding_palm_in_group_mp10/

Wonder if that changed with the other recent changes... People tested it before for sure.

From the other thread here, it makes sense to use near death experience to get around the inevitable deaths from reflect damage.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/90173-inviss-monk-end-game-speed-palm-build-for-high-mp/

Weird. I tested it before and it didn't stack (or at least it didn't look like it) crazy

DH doesn't scale up well to the higher MPs due to the lack of efficient resource generation and very poor skill synergies. It's a common complaint amongst DH players.

The DH really is the least thoughtfully designed character in the game and I think Blizzard rushed the DH class out of the gate and probably gave her the least development time among all the classes.

It's so weird. Even clearing the lower mp feels slower (I geared for fast aps 1h calamity). Hopefully it gets buffed. Some of the skills are fun but I don't feel like I'm putting out the damage. Comparing sheet to sheet I out-dps some of my other chars by a lot but it's one of the slowest classes to kill stuff for me. I can't figure it out.

edit: I've been using this build, apparently
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/clustergrenades

It's funny because I hit all the the EHP/DPS marks. Survivability wasn't really an issue without LoH (but I just added 380 anyway). It's just so damn inefficient

eek5

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569308133

2nd round of itemization Q&A is up.

We're also looking to revamp itemization, and part of the revamp will include moving to fixed versions of the elemental damage increasing attribute, as well as the MinMaxDamage affix—put simply, we'd fix the bugs for new items. "Legacy" items will continue to use the current (bugged) version. The new versions will likely bear different language such as "Fire damage you deal is increased by 5%" to differentiate from the old mechanics. (That wording isn't final, it’s just an example.)

Better get your SOJs, triumvirates, etc. now lol

Shifty76

So, any monks here able to successfully solo MP10 ubers?

Maghda/SK and Ghom/Rakanoth are a joke, but ZK/SB wreck me every time. Best I've managed was getting ZK down to around 25%

Using standard cookie cutter (5.5% LS), but with NDE passive & stun bells.
160k dps, 650k ehp.

Thinking about grabbing earth ally as another distraction for SB (currently have enchantress with maximus)

Other option I might try is BoH with the spirit regen rune along with WotHF spirited salvo to generate tons of spirit so I can keep dropping stun bells.

John_B

qCiSXoA.png

Bu...bu...but it isn't a Single Player game guise, it's an always online MMO.
Diablo was the original Battle.net game. Blizzard build their success on that network. It's one of the oldest gaming networks, and very likely the most used ever.

Blizzard makes Battle.net games. It's pretty simple. No reason to trip over your buts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom