• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

3dAnderson from Reddit noticed a few oddities in the recent multiplayer blog.

XSjJKA3.jpg

(1) The quest "The Restoration of Hope" does not exist in the game.
(2) There is a health bar on the players portrait
(3) The top of the banner has a graphic that is not in the game.

I went to look at this myself and what the blog shows is an Act 1 quest. Weird.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Coming back after not playing for a few months. I have a Monk with the traditional cyclone build that was common a few months back. Anything change that I should be aware of, how about gear is it still crit %/Crit dge? What gear should I be looking for now for my Monk, skills?

eek5

Coming back after not playing for a few months. I have a Monk with the traditional cyclone build that was common a few months back. Anything change that I should be aware of, how about gear is it still crit %/Crit dge? What gear should I be looking for now for my Monk, skills?

It's more or less the same now. They buffed dmg on some skills but for the most part high mp monk is still dw cyclone build. You can run tempest rush 4pc innas/1Her for farming essences if you want but getting past mp4 with that will cost a lot

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Wow, big nerf on scorpions incoming.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1bjorz/developer_journal_multiplayer_improvements/c97i0sm

Scorpions have had their XP reduced. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. We looked and considered buffing everything else instead, but in light of the multiplayer buffs we were already providing, we didn't want to inflate the game as a whole even further.
Specifically, Scorpions have had their XP reduced by 75%. That probably sounds like a lot at an emotional level, because it's never fun to have a source of XP reduced by that much, but I hope some can agree if you think about it - a mallet lord is worth 1.5x the xp a scorpion is. And that's not just mallet lords, most of the monsters in the game are within a certain reasonable ratio of one another and the scorpions were a very obvious outlier.

Ingeniero

Oh, I need better gear ASAP so I can farm the scorpions before the exp nerf!!!
Everything else sounds good, more exp to encourage party play is a good move. I'm bored of running act 3 solo.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
It's more or less the same now. They buffed dmg on some skills but for the most part high mp monk is still dw cyclone build. You can run tempest rush 4pc innas/1Her for farming essences if you want but getting past mp4 with that will cost a lot
I figured as much, how about gear? What should I be looking for now, anything thats now cheap I should look at? Maybe someone can point me to a bnet profile so I can get an idea. Appreciate the help.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Good thing I almost never did scorpion farming cause my archon wiz isn't strong enough to farm it consistently without dying.

Fake edit: I'd love it if they nerfed Fire Constructs in Act 2 though. Hate those.

As long as they up the density in Act I, II & IV then this won't really bother me.

Good thing I almost never did scorpion farming cause my archon wiz isn't strong enough to farm it consistently without dying.

Fake edit: I'd love it if they nerfed Fire Constructs in Act 2 though. Hate those.

I think Act II has some of the worst mobs in the game. Fire Constructs being one of them.

eek5

I figured as much, how about gear? What should I be looking for now, anything thats now cheap I should look at? Maybe someone can point me to a bnet profile so I can get an idea. Appreciate the help.

If you can afford it, build a full innas set and get a cheap flying dragon or skorn. I personally prefer skorn for TR. For skorn y ou probably can't afford lifesteal so go for a high life on kill one w/ high avg dmg. Remove all attack speed gear for this and just do a tempest rush build to run VoA with and farm essences.

Get the archon dexterity recipes from AH (except for chest) and craft shoulders, bracers, and gloves. You should be able to get upgrades in those slots for really cheap.

Velocity

I went to look at this myself and what the blog shows is an Act 1 quest. Weird.

I got curious about this myself, and this is what turned up. Nothing suspicious: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8568986814?page=2#29

Nice catch, you guys!

Our aim with these images was to call attention to the new UI elements we’ll be introducing with patch 1.0.8, such as “Players Near you” and “Private Chat,” but the image you see there is actually a mock-up of the tagging system, not an actual screenshot from the game (so it has some placeholder elements). When we’re planning out UI changes, we’ll often move around and reposition elements from our UI mock-up template that we’ve had on-hand since before the game shipped. Certain elements have changed over time, and in this particular case, one of the Act IV quests that appeared in the template was later renamed from “Restoration of Hope” to “The Light of Hope” before Diablo III was released. Also, for the sticklers out there, the background also isn’t the view of the High Heavens from Act IV, and instead is the familiar Act I background.

That said, we apologize for any undue confusion that mock-up images may have caused, and we hope you enjoy them for that they were intended to be: a glimpse into some of the exciting multiplayer changes we’re working on for Diablo III. :)

Shifty76

Here's my monk if you want to look for ideas: http://d3up.com/b/13426/view/slug/shyla

Currently running Keep Depths 2 on MP10 without too much difficulty

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Those four legged praying mantis looking things that shoot fire balls which leave a fire pool behind. They hurt at least as bad as desecrator pools.

eek5

EcgB9ae.jpg

They used to kill me in ~2sec when I had 900k-1mil ehp :lol I think the problem has always been the amount of ticks. It ticks like 5-6+ times in between health ticks which come every half a second. The DPS is insane on the fire pool and I believe it stacks so if multiple constructs spit fire in the same spot you could tick like 30+ times or something before a health tick

Zvolen12

Neo Member
If you can afford it, build a full innas set and get a cheap flying dragon or skorn. I personally prefer skorn for TR. For skorn y ou probably can't afford lifesteal so go for a high life on kill one w/ high avg dmg. Remove all attack speed gear for this and just do a tempest rush build to run VoA with and farm essences.

Get the archon dexterity recipes from AH (except for chest) and craft shoulders, bracers, and gloves. You should be able to get upgrades in those slots for really cheap.

Here's my monk if you want to look for ideas: http://d3up.com/b/13426/view/slug/shyla

Currently running Keep Depths 2 on MP10 without too much difficulty
Perfect! Thank you both it was just what I was looking for. However what about active skills and passives, most use the same from before even after the huge buff to monks?

EcgB9ae.jpg

They used to kill me in ~2sec when I had 900k-1mil ehp :lol I think the problem has always been the amount of ticks. It ticks like 5-6+ times in between health ticks which come every half a second. The DPS is insane on the fire pool and I believe it stacks so if multiple constructs spit fire in the same spot you could tick like 30+ times or something before a health tick

I think the fire pools stack too. Fireconstruct elites that split or a champion pack with horde are just stupid. LOL

Shifty76

Perfect! Thank you both it was just what I was looking for. However what about active skills and passives, most use the same from before even after the huge buff to monks?

As you can see from the link I provided, when playing solo I prefer MoE backlash to MoC Overawe, due to the massive aoe damage and crazy life steal returns you get from it. A lot of monks will just stick with overawe though.

DTKT

they are called "Blaze Guardians."
together with Blood Clan Occultist and Fallen Maniac, they should be removed from the game.

Are those the ones that put shields on everything? What a terrible mob. I had one rare and 1 normal pack and it was one of the most frustrating fight I ever had.

eek5

congrats larvi!

Are those the ones that put shields on everything? What a terrible mob. I had one rare and 1 normal pack and it was one of the most frustrating fight I ever had.

YEah not only do they put shields on e verything that does like a 80% damage reduction but they run away non stop. So annoying

larvi

Thanks guys. I'll probably work on either my monk or barb next. Or maybe go back to hardcore, I still need to get a HF ring crafted there.

I switched back to my old method of farming exp anyway -
Crypt of ancients runs :D
I can do it in good time at MP8 with 175k unbuffed dps Archon wizard and the number of legends dropping is nice.

Ingeniero

Congrats larvi, awesome.

are these just...something to do? Because I can't imagine wanting to equip that.

The +35% exp is huge for paragon leveling. I can share it with my low level alts and reach 60 super fast too.
Also, it is very fun to farm the materials to craft one so that's that.

eek5 nice, I will start a WD soon, looks awesome.

Finally making it back around to this game after I upgraded the pc. I played at launch and ran through one time on normal.

Has the game improved?

How big is the community?

inky

Finally making it back around to this game after I upgraded the pc. I played at launch and ran through one time on normal.

Has the game improved?

From launch? Yes. From a few months back? A little.

They claim it is still super big (1 million average users) but it doesn't feel that way. The public games number is usually around 2-3k tops. NA servers at least.

Velocity

Has the game improved?

Welcome back to the fray. Every major patch has continually improved the game, and with 1.0.8 on the horizon to continue that trend. Seeing as how you havn't played in what sounds like a year, the game will probably feel very different for you. Lots of things have been added and tweaked since then. The community itself is still pretty active. Each patch always brings back players if only for a little bit. It's pretty active when I'm on, of all various levels and difficulties.

I'm always up for a game no matter the difficulty, so if you're on NA servers and need to pad your friend list you can add my battletag: Kreeze#1805.

MrDaravon

They claim it is still super big (1 million average users) but it doesn't feel that way. The public games number is usually around 2-3k tops. NA servers at least.

It's hard to tell, but for what it's worth prior to the introduction of MP there was never more than 200-300 games when I looked. I know they said it's 1 million players per day with 3 million total unique players per month, but there's just really no way to fucking tell.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The 7500 euro sale was for STR instead of DEX, 1300 DPS instead of 1267, and it had 100% crit damage instead of life steal. Still curious to see how this one plays out.

VALKYRAY

Banned
1267 dps near perfect
10 lowest fear rate perfect for melee
3 ls perfect
0.25 aps perfect
168 dex perfect
Socket
10 bil+ or 500+ usd. He's a very rich man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom