• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Monster Power. It's the difficulty modifier after you get to Inferno. In exchange for increasing monster strength beyond the base level, it gives you Magic Find/Gold Find bonuses.

Thanks for the info Rati, I was wondering why my Monk felt like it was ridiculously buffed again, lol.

No problem, there were a few updates that could have done it. The monster power damage nerf was late October. (notes)

Helmholtz

Hi guys. I haven't logged into my Diablo or Battlenet account in a long time, and today I got an email saying that my account was banned for botting/cheating. I never did any of this. Am I just screwed? :S

VALKYRAY

Banned
anyone have advice for my friend's barb equipment?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JonnyAvocado-1454/hero/30876094

his main complaint is he can't kill things fast enough and he can't keep wrath of the berserker up. We coop on mp6.

Thanks.
crit damage, attack speed is low. Equip an axe or mace in mainland actually gives him 10% crit chance with weapon master passive.
He needs to spam fury spenders to keep up wrath. If you sit on full fury, you aren't gaining any fury.
He's not ready for Soj yet. Use it when he gets 200k dps with passives.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Hi guys. I haven't logged into my Diablo or Battlenet account in a long time, and today I got an email saying that my account was banned for botting/cheating. I never did any of this. Am I just screwed? :S
Most likely a Scam email. Dont click any link in that email. Log on the game and see for yourself.

Talents

Banned
It was sent from noreply@blizzard.com and all the links are to blizzard.com and battle.net. But I haven't clicked any of them, and I'll try to log in when I get home.

Are you sure they're actually sending you to blizzard.com/battle.net though? If you put your mouse over the link, at the bottom left of the screen it will say the actual destination the link will send you to.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Lol all scam emails are sent from "noreply@blizzard.com" scammers has their way to fake their email. The links are fake blizzard url address that trick you to input your user I'd and password.

Helmholtz

Are you sure they're actually sending you to blizzard.com/battle.net though? If you put your mouse over the link, at the bottom left of the screen it will say the actual destination the link will send you to.

Lol all scam emails are sent from "noreply@blizzard.com" scammers has their way to fake their email. The links are fake blizzard url address that trick you to input your user I'd and password.
Hovering over the links they still look legit to me. But I definitely won't click them. I'll try logging in first, thanks for the heads up.
Edit: Yep, definitely banned. I've had my account locked by Blizzard for reasons unknown before, but never banned. Sigh, guess I'll submit a ticket.

Sanic

I played through Normal difficulty once around launch, and then basically dropped the game.

In the past year, have they added anything to the game that I would be interested in/can actually use as somebody who's only character is on Nightmare difficulty?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hovering over the links they still look legit to me. But I definitely won't click them. I'll try logging in first, thanks for the heads up.
Edit: Yep, definitely banned. I've had my account locked by Blizzard for reasons unknown before, but never banned. Sigh, guess I'll submit a ticket.

Did you have an authenticator? You should get one now if you don't already. Sounds like your account was actually compromised at some point and used for botting.

The good news is, you'll probably have characters better off than when you left them.

Talents

Banned

Damn that sucks. Hopefully Blizzard will be able to see that it wasn't you that was using the account and will unban you.

Helmholtz

Did you have an authenticator? You should get one now if you don't already. Sounds like your account was actually compromised at some point and used for botting.

The good news is, you'll probably have characters better off than when you left them.
I had an authenticator, but had to remove it because my brother wanted to play and the authenticator was tied to my iPhone. If I get my account back I'll attach it again.

Velocity

I played through Normal difficulty once around launch, and then basically dropped the game.

In the past year, have they added anything to the game that I would be interested in/can actually use as somebody who's only character is on Nightmare difficulty?

Only thing would be Monster Power really, and anything pre-Inferno is such a cakewalk that you can just set it to MP10 and roll on through with any class. You'll also level ridiculously fast, most likely attaining level 60 well before the end of Hell difficulty. Most of the patches have really been about quality of life improvements and inferno/level 60 play adjustments. It's a shame that nothing apart from MP has affected the actual leveling process pre-60. It needs to be addressed, as I still think the Paragon system isn't a good solution to players hitting 60 so quickly.

I'd say give it a shot and see how you like it. You already bought the game so there's nothing to lose but time. Besides, playing with others during those early-mid levels is loads of fun.

Talents

Banned
How much do you guys think these could be sold for? Are they any good?

Blackthorne.png

MrDaravon

A4 density never was really that bad. The problem is there are not enough elites and the act is way too short. They should double, triple, quadruple the density ther and double the elites or something.

Right, but I noticed like no difference in mobs OR elite #'s. And looking at videos of other acts the density doesn't even approach those as-is. It's weird that the density/mob buff if what Act 4 needed more than anything else, and they're adding it but it doesn't look like they did shit for that act. Bizarre.

Velocity

After playing a bit of PTR 1.0.8, I just love identify all. I just... I want to cry. Teleport buff is nifty but still isn't as awesome as I'd hoped, and the EXP stacking is redonk now. I did 3/4 of a Paragon level(12) in one farming run. Also, I'm probably the only person that feels this way, but I feel like the monster density is almost too much or inappropriate in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, I love having more mobs to kill, but after killing a pack and a bunch of trash only to have the same thing happen again from just off screen consecutively is a bit much; It's too constant with no room to breathe. Does anyone else feel that way or am I alone in this?

MrDaravon

Got back to back Lamentations after not getting any Legendaries for a while. Had to laugh.

I did craft a decent pair of gloves finally; I lost about 4k damage on them (shit Dex roll), but the gloves I was using had NO Vit or AR on them, and this pair had good rolls on both so I gained about 62k eHP which is completely ridiculous and worth the tradeoff.

After playing a bit of PTR 1.0.8, I just love identify all. I just... I want to cry. Teleport buff is nifty but still isn't as awesome as I'd hoped, and the EXP stacking is redonk now. I did 3/4 of a Paragon level(12) in one farming run. Also, I'm probably the only person that feels this way, but I feel like the monster density is almost too much or inappropriate in certain areas. Don't get me wrong, I love having more mobs to kill, but after killing a pack and a bunch of trash only to have the same thing happen again from just off screen consecutively is a bit much; It's too constant with no room to breathe. Does anyone else feel that way or am I alone in this?

I only did that act 4 run in PTR for curiosity since I refuse on principle to usually do PTR stuff (since I know I will get the drop to end all drops in it and it will kill me), but the same thought about no breathing room occurred to me as well. I can't remember, are the mob density increases only when you have MP active? If you're running vanilla Inferno it's probably a non-issue, and if you're running MP constant trash mobs are probably a non-issue, and if anything are helping you keep buffs/abilities up depending on your class.

eek5

Got back to back Lamentations after not getting any Legendaries for a while. Had to laugh.

I did craft a decent pair of gloves finally; I lost about 4k damage on them (shit Dex roll), but the gloves I was using had NO Vit or AR on them, and this pair had good rolls on both so I gained about 62k eHP which is completely ridiculous and worth the tradeoff.

I only did that act 4 run in PTR for curiosity since I refuse on principle to usually do PTR stuff (since I know I will get the drop to end all drops in it and it will kill me), but the same thought about no breathing room occurred to me as well. I can't remember, are the mob density increases only when you have MP active? If you're running vanilla Inferno it's probably a non-issue, and if you're running MP constant trash mobs are probably a non-issue, and if anything are helping you keep buffs/abilities up depending on your class.

density only increases on mp1

MrDaravon

density only increases on mp1

Then that should be fine. I understand how it can feel like you can't catch your breath, but that's coming largely from trash mobs, and if you're playing with MP on and trash skeletons are actually a concern right after an Elite fight or something you're doing it wrong :p

I just chcked, I have over 530k eHP as a DH, this is so retarded. I really need the money to upgrade some stuff so I can trade eHP for DPS haha.

Velocity

Yeah, mob density increase in only for MP1+. As I've recently dropped my Monk in favor of my CM Wiz, the mob density can only be seen as a good thing for that. It also really feels like the density can make builds more viable, or potentially make new ones(probably not).

I don't typically play on PTR for the same reason, but I just had to see what the new stuff was like. Played Act 1 just to see the difference. I should see what it's like in a multiplayer game.

HenryHSH

DiabloGAF I'm just getting back into D3 (15 minutes in) and had this drop

AmFKauy.png

Apparently max APS, apoc and a socket. So it looks valuable... I had to go up to 120m to even find a .25APS with a socket but it was 9APOC.

What should I set it at?

Just realized I can search APoC. Guess i'll set the bid to 100m and come back in two days.

Xevren

Feel like I'm having the worst luck as of late, haven't had a drop that's even worth putting up to sell in god knows how long. Frustrating.

and I hate you dude above me that got that wand. Bah!

turnbuckle

DiabloGAF I'm just getting back into D3 (15 minutes in) and had this drop

AmFKauy.png

The best item I had drop came after I took a few weeks off playing and within the first 10-15 minutes as well.

sometimes I feel skeptical that "random is random" is completely random. :p

XShagrath

What's a good resource for pricing out things for the AH? I've got several legendaries and have no idea what they're worth. Also a couple rares that have some decent stats, but I have no idea if it's the right combination of stats.

kennah

What's a good resource for pricing out things for the AH? I've got several legendaries and have no idea what they're worth. Also a couple rares that have some decent stats, but I have no idea if it's the right combination of stats.

Find out what the random stats / maximums are by looking up the item on battle.net Search for items on the Auction House.

eek5

Feel like I'm having the worst luck as of late, haven't had a drop that's even worth putting up to sell in god knows how long. Frustrating.

I feel you man. I can't even get DEs to drop. I killed 80 packs at mp5+ yesterday and got 10 essences...

MrDaravon

I've always had wildly inconsistent DE drops. When I run Act 3 I do more or less an Alkaizer run with a few things added. From run to run I will go from getting 15+ essences to 0. There's almost no in-between either; on any given run I will either get a shitload, or get nothing. It's really fucking weird.

neoism

lol got my first set fist, and set item in like 3 months after 15 min of playing

-____-
fail
no slot
shame I really don't like playing monk anymore... really wish I didn't waste soo much time with her before MP and PL.. :(

Xevren

I feel you man. I can't even get DEs to drop. I killed 80 packs at mp5+ yesterday and got 10 essences...

I have nearly 3 stacks of DE's at this point. I spend some money hoping for that perfect crafting item, but just kind of hope to get a decent drop so I can get better upgrades. At a minimum I'm getting some paragon levels, so whatever.

eek5

I've always had wildly inconsistent DE drops. When I run Act 3 I do more or less an Alkaizer run with a few things added. From run to run I will go from getting 15+ essences to 0. There's almost no in-between either; on any given run I will either get a shitload, or get nothing. It's really fucking weird.

Yeah one of the runs yesterday had 20 packs with no drop. The RNG can't seriously be that bad, can it!?

The best item I had drop came after I took a few weeks off playing and within the first 10-15 minutes as well.

sometimes I feel skeptical that "random is random" is completely random. :p

same kind of thing happened last night to me with ubers parts dropping each time and kw key after a month break (mp6)

MrDaravon

I don't buy the awesome rare drop after a break theory; I stopped playing for a couple of months, and up until when I stopped I was cleanly averaging 1-2 legendaries a run. I kept track (because I knew that's a common theory) and I didn't get a legendary period until 12 runs after I started playing again, and probably 3-4 times that many before I got one worth selling.

RNG :p

Wickwire

I don't buy the awesome rare drop after a break theory; I stopped playing for a couple of months, and up until when I stopped I was cleanly averaging 1-2 legendaries a run. I kept track (because I knew that's a common theory) and I didn't get a legendary period until 12 runs after I started playing again, and probably 3-4 times that many before I got one worth selling.

RNG :p

I wouldnt say its always an awesome rare drop after a break, but I definitely get more of my legendary drops within the first few minutes after not playing for a while. More often then not they suck, but I do see it.

Rufus

Or you just don't register the legendaries that drop while you're playing regularly as some sort of special occasion, because why would you? You do however register those that drop after a break as somehow special, just because you haven't played in a while.

These RNG "theories" are just our monkey brains fucking with us because our perception is inherently skewed.

LuniRPG

So my friend was playing an alt last night and got a legendary pattern out of nightmare mode while I was chain farming keeps 2 in Inferno. His pattern is worth 200 mil :O All I got was trash. I hate RNG sometimes :)

eek5

A nightmare recipe? For 200m? Something I'm missing or are these just further signs of Zimbabwean grade inflation?
Recipes are rare as hell and I imagine even more rare in modes that people don't farm. Most likely just billionaires collecting recipes.

LuniRPG

It's only worth 200 million because you can only get it from Nightmare. I got a legendary set pattern in Inferno and it was only worth a couple million.

XShagrath

Hio6qVT.png

Is this any good? The reduced level on it is pretty good, and the damage is over 1000 (I know it's a 2H). Should I try this on the AH? If so, what's it worth?

I'm so horrible at pricing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom