• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

So what can go over the magic find cap? the way I understand it:

Paragon + Item MF caps at 300%

Bonuses from extra players, NV, and Monster Power go over the cap, is this correct?

J2d

Just beat diablo on inferno hc, fuck yes! I know that it might not be much of a feat when playing barbarian and the difficulty is way toned down from what it once was but it still feels pretty fucking good =)

Had some real close moments along the way, those green exploding enemies in the keep was even more horrifying than ever before.

MrDaravon

Do you have a link to the build/thread? I'd like to try some new stuff with my DH now that the new patch is out.

Sorry for the late response, was at work: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/clustergrenades

And here's a video to give you an idea, it's super hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw4FXAq7zQ4

To give you an idea, here is my DH prior to setting up Grenades. Then literally all I did was spend 2.2 million on a so-so Calamity with a socket and stuck a Radiant Star Ruby in there (Ruby gems wind up being better than Emeralds in Calamities, I forget exactly why but math reasons), and swapped out Hungering Arrow for Grenades. And just by doing that I could run MP10 relatively easy with that build, probably easier than a HA or Bolo and Trap build. And I could spend a little bit more time and money making tweaks to gear and skills to make it even more productive (throw caltrops and/or turrets in there, get a SoJ, etc).

In generally the Diablo subreddit and it's class specific sub (sub?) reddits are pretty useful, here's the DH one: http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3demonhunters

Sothpaw

I don't play the game anymore, but I just wanted to throw in that the monster density increase is a huge change for the better. There is some really cool stuff in acts 1 & 2 and it is great that they are viable now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Living in Europe is tough. Patch can't come soon enough.

Is anyone here in EU still playing (or planning to play again once the patch hits)? None of my friends or acquaintances do.

XShagrath

Just bought 4 more gems on the RMAH for $1.10 a piece. Sold 2, along with the one I sold earlier and am sitting on almost 300mil now.

neoism

No kidding I sold one at 110 mil, should've waited for 20 more lol. If it reaches like 200 I'm going to lol so hard. Man I should've bought a few when they were like 17.

sold mine at like 56mil... and all my others too... missed out on like 200mil ;__;

MrDaravon

Yup, taking a break. Gold duping is confirmed and can be seen on just about any livestream doing Diablo 3 right now. Is likely in part (if not completely) responsible for the gem market exploding. This is bad and rampant enough where I'm legitimately expecting a rollback, don't want to put in any real time until I see how they respond.

Edit: Yeah, RS Emeralds are up to 120 mil and rising as this becomes more known. Bailing the fuck out, at least I didn't get any good legendaries since the patch hit.

inky

Oh well, that sucks then.

At least for a while I knew what it felt to have more than 400 million =/ not gonna bother leveling... good news is it will be like if that pus spitter drop never happened.

MrDaravon

Emeralds have gone up 6 mil since I made my last post. Now I'm going to stay on because I want to see how high they go lol. I didn't sell any, I'm just bummed because I don't want to spend any time leveling right now since I can't see how they don't do a rollback on this.

Edit: This is actually kind of amazing, ALL of the gems types and qualities are going for obscene amounts. I just unloaded all of my flawless square topaz gems at 27k a pop.

Opiate

Yup, taking a break. Gold duping is confirmed and can be seen on just about any livestream doing Diablo 3 right now. Is likely in part (if not completely) responsible for the gem market exploding. This is bad and rampant enough where I'm legitimately expecting a rollback, don't want to put in any real time until I see how they respond.

Edit: Yeah, RS Emeralds are up to 120 mil and rising as this becomes more known. Bailing the fuck out, at least I didn't get any good legendaries since the patch hit.

Yep. I did it once without knowing, and reported it immediately to Blizzard. They were surprised to hear about it.

I'm in the clear, but this is going to cause massive problems going forward.

neoism

GODAMN 200mil for RSG

Yup, this is the density one. Here are the notes (post just went up):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9647272/patch-108-now-live-5-7-2013

Ooo fantastic. Thanks.

That sucks. I wonder when we'll hear something from Blizz.

Opiate

Buying RSE on the RMAH for 60 cents each.

Selling for 120M a piece on GAH. Sell 120M on RMAH for ~3-4 dollars. It's a giant bank account.

MrDaravon

Streamers are intentionally buying 2 billion buyouts of shit legendaries on the AH right now. This is hilariously bad. I might as well do some tweaking of my build to see how that goes while I can't seriously play.

neoism

so Ive made like 300mil how do you dupe it I'm not gonna do it didn't really know that's what was happening til a minute ago

MrDaravon

so Ive made like 300mil how do you dupe it I'm not gonna do it didn't really know that's what was happening til a minute ago

RMAH glitch. It's hilariously easy and broken. There are people who literally have hundreds of billions now, and some of these streams have 2k+ viewers. There will be a rollback, the only question is how and what; the point of contention is that since the RMAH is involved that gets complicated and fucked for Blizzard on that end, so no one is quite sure how or what they can do. But the economy is straight up fucked if they don't do some sort of rollback.

inky

Doing a rollback on those real money transactions is going to cost a lot, especially with fees. Although I guess they might correct it while it is still during the waiting period, before any of that money moves out of their system.

The thing is, why are the servers still up?

MrDaravon

Doing a rollback on those real money transactions is going to cost a lot, especially with fees. Although I guess they might correct it while it is still during the waiting period, before any of that money moves out of their system.

The thing is, why are the servers still up?

Yeah, I'm wondering if maybe that's part of why there is the delay before transactions go through on the RMAH, is to give them breathing room if shit breaks like this? It's hard to say.

As far as the servers still being up, I have literally no clue. Like patches and simple fixes, it takes them forever to do?

Edit: I take that back, you can't get into the Auction House right now.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The bug was due to an overflow error related to the new 10m gold lot size when posting/cancelling for big enough quantities. It requires the RM side, so we couldn't have found it in PTR.

Sucks to be Blizzard right now. Those financial rollbacks will be a nightmare.

Wickwire

gah, im not happy to hear about the gold duping. Will they just roll back RMAH stuff or will this be a full blown server wide roll back?

also, I've been running a4 solo and it still doesn't seem worth it for exp. A1 is way better though.

inky

Well, see you in a week guys (or longer... this is Blizzard, so who knows how long it'll take to fix stuff). It was fun to see it actually happen, the thing we all feared 3 months before launch happening 1 week before their 1 year anniversary, lol.

XShagrath

Can't believe Blizzard is that horrible.. I've heard from friends that know people that work there that say the code for this and WoW is absolutely horrible, and the dependencies on things are so convoluted that it's really easy to break things.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Holy shit almost 1 year from release and the game dies what the hell, even if there is a roll back the amount of possible damage this could do to people who bought things from the gold AH and put them on the RMAH is going to cause a lot of damage.

It's funny how only the really rich players can even do the dupe anyways.

Opiate

gah, im not happy to hear about the gold duping. Will they just roll back RMAH stuff or will this be a full blown server wide roll back?

also, I've been running a4 solo and it still doesn't seem worth it for exp. A1 is way better though.

Rock and hard place here.

No rollback: suddenly the economy is ruined as dozens of users have trillions of gold. Literally trillions.

Rollback: blizzard has to roll back thousands of credit card transactions. Fixes game economy, but costs Blizzard millions.

We'll see what Blizzard decides in the next episode!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So the EU servers will be down in less than an hour. I'm still hoping that they fix this gold duping issue before applying the patch here.

Vodh

Rock and hard place here.

No rollback: suddenly the economy is ruined as dozens of users have trillions of gold. Literally trillions.

Rollback: blizzard has to roll back thousands of credit card transactions. Fixes game economy, but costs Blizzard millions.

We'll see what Blizzard decides in the next episode!

Easy solution to the losses? A fresh, RMAH- and AH-less ladder.

EDIT: ah, apparently I missed the part about gold duping. Well, the AH-less ladder would still be a welcome addition.

MrDaravon

So the EU servers will be down in less than an hour. I'm still hoping that they fix this gold duping issue before applying the patch here.

Even Blizzard wouldn't be that stupid....I think.

It is kind of hilarious that they finally put out this patch that addresses all of these issues that everyone loves, right on the eve of the game's anniversary that has a gamebreaking dupe issue.

Dahbomb

Blizzard really can't catch a break. I guess this is karma for last year. Still sucks when they are trying to do something good and they get rocked in the face by a dupe glitch.

MrDaravon

Blizzard really can't catch a break. I guess this is karma for last year. Still sucks when they are trying to do something good and they get rocked in the face by a dupe glitch.

Really the only reason I don't think most people (including myself) feel any pity for them is that this all resulted directly from the RMAH, which most people seem to feel strongly shouldn't be there to begin with, sooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom