• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

uakEPrh.jpg

ihalVTujo2HLS.gif

Cipherr

Meh, if its a full rollback Ill lose 2 PLevels. Not a massive deal but damn. I also bought a few items on the AH before my gold on hand devalued massively making all the future auctions more expensive.

Sucks. I didnt get to sell any gems and make any money or anything either, I didnt even know it was going on until I logged out and hit the forums.

Opiate

It's not that hard to find the dupers, by the way. They have a record log of every transaction on the RMAH.

Anyone who repeatedly puts billions of gold up and then cancels the auction is banned. The end.

A rollback is still quite plausible, though.

The economy was pretty fucked up even before all this. I dunno if this makes it any better or worse?

Either way I'm definitely not playing tonight.

inky

It's not that hard to find the dupers, by the way. They have a record log of every transaction on the RMAH.

Anyone who repeatedly puts billions of gold up and then cancels the auction is banned. The end.

A rollback is still quite plausible, though.

Sure, but still that doesn't mean the money is out of the system just yet. Many of those people used it to buy things from people who didn't dupe. I watched the stream of one of the dupers to see what was going on and he bought a ton of items for billions from random people, then there's all those people who bought gems, etc. The money keeps moving around and changing hands.

HomShaBom

Banned
Yeah, people were spreading the gold on purpose. Banning accounts isn't going to do shit, it never does. Blizzard fucked this game over themselves.

MrDaravon

Ultimately I have to imagine that they will still do bans, especially when you had streamers out there publicly doing it, or at the very least I'd imagine they can ban people from using the RMAH?

Oh and eek, I messed around with the Guardian Sentries, I am in love lol. They're way more effective than I remember them being to be honest (they probably got buffed at some point I'd guess). I don't personally find the rocket ones to be terribly more effective, especially against the 15% reduced damage. Also the bubbles on the guardian ones make it easier to keep track of when they've gone down as well. I did a good part of Act 1 on MP10 and never died, but don't think it was too time effective really. Messed around for a bit on Act 1 on MP8 and that seemed pretty good. Really need to get a better Calamity at least though. Also I think I'm going to keep Prep/Backup Plan over Caltrops, I'm not really feeling those all that much, especially being on top of something else to have to juggle.

eek5

Ultimately I have to imagine that they will still do bans, especially when you had streamers out there publicly doing it, or at the very least I'd imagine they can ban people from using the RMAH?

Oh and eek, I messed around with the Guardian Sentries, I am in love lol. They're way more effective than I remember them being to be honest (they probably got buffed at some point I'd guess). I don't personally find the rocket ones to be terribly more effective, especially against the 15% reduced damage. Also the bubbles on the guardian ones make it easier to keep track of when they've gone down as well. I did a good part of Act 1 on MP10 and never died, but don't think it was too time effective really. Messed around for a bit on Act 1 on MP8 and that seemed pretty good. Really need to get a better Calamity at least though. Also I think I'm going to keep Prep/Backup Plan over Caltrops, I'm not really feeling those all that much, especially being on top of something else to have to juggle.

Yeah I'd imagine you get a shitload of eHP from it since it's like a percentage based bonus and your EHP is already really high.

MrDaravon

I'm not watching it now, I just caught it briefly earlier. I've never actually really watched a Diablo 3 livestream (which is weird considering how much I play), is he just whining or what? I mean, what the fuck did he think was going to happen?

I really have a love-hate relationship with Blizzard. Or more specifically, with Authenticator.

For the second time, I've had to replace my phone before I could go on to battle.net to remove the authenticator. For those not aware, if you plan on changing the device you have your authenticator attached to, you have to first go online to battle.net and go through a process of removing authenticator from your account entirely. Then you can install authenticator on your new device and sync it with that. But if your phone breaks, you're SOL until Blizzard Support can get around to removing it from your account for you.

And so I begin the process of waiting 2 days to get Authenticator removed so I can play D3 again.

#venting

MrDaravon

So I'm flipping back and forth between between Inigo's stream and GoodIdeaGaming's stream, apparently GoodIdea didn't get banned because he sent Blizzard an apology letter before hand (wtf lol), but seemingly all of the other streamers got banned. Then on Inigo's stream he's bitching about how GoodIdea didn't get banned, and he's composing an apology letter to Blizzard right now.

This is fucking great.

HomShaBom

Banned
I really have a love-hate relationship with Blizzard. Or more specifically, with Authenticator.

For the second time, I've had to replace my phone before I could go on to battle.net to remove the authenticator. For those not aware, if you plan on changing the device you have your authenticator attached to, you have to first go online to battle.net and go through a process of removing authenticator from your account entirely. Then you can install authenticator on your new device and sync it with that. But if your phone breaks, you're SOL until Blizzard Support can get around to removing it from your account for you.

And so I begin the process of waiting 2 days to get Authenticator removed so I can play D3 again.

#venting
Once happened to me a few years ago, I called and it was instantly fixed. Was no hassle at all.

#venting

Just do it over the phone, took 10 men when I did.

HomShaBom

Banned
What exactly happened can someone explain? I haven't played for months.
-Patch introduced AH gold duping bug
-People quickly find it, and exploit it
-To spread the gold, the community puts up shitty items for 2B at a time
-Gold spreads, lols ensue
-Dat Zimbabwe economy

Fularu

Banned
-Patch introduced AH gold duping bug
-People quickly find it, and exploit it
-To spread the gold, the community puts up shitty items for 2B at a time
-Gold spreads, lols ensue
-Dat Zimbabwe economy
Expect all those transactions (From banned people) to be rolled back, it's really not that hard to do.

Riggs

Banned
Can you detail the dupe? Not allowed here? I have no interest in doing this, just wondering what the hell happened exactly. Also opiate I can't believe you are still playing!!! You have more patience than I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom