• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Might be a security feature for unknown machines. He says he logged in on his laptop, which wouldn't bear mentioning if he'd have done it before.

Anyway, this is why you write your information down or keep it in an encrypted text file (or use KeePass, 1password, Lastpass to manage your logins).

Kuntz

I'm really having fun with my wizard through nightmare/hell (lighting spec).

I'll try to keep it clean in inferno as a non you-must-have-this-skills and notusing AH.

Fun times ahead.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I tried logging back into D3 after a few months on my laptop. I get slammed with a 'authorize this PC' message. I go to the website, and it insists that I reset my password. I try to reset my password, and apparently, my 1st name / last name aren't correct (i.e. I must have used a gamer tag or something as my first name). I probably did this on purpose because I don't want my personal information stolen, as has happened to Blizzard in the past.

So now I'm SOL - can't reset my password, account locked for no apparent reason.

I would give Blizzard a call on this one, for sure. I've never heard of this. Gives me a malware vibe.

edit: ha, this was my 300th post, member status achieved. Time to make a better avatar.

Insaniac

I'm really having fun with my wizard through nightmare/hell (lighting spec).

I'll try to keep it clean in inferno as a non you-must-have-this-skills and notusing AH.

Fun times ahead.

if you want,give a 1APS 2-hander weapon + disintegrate build a run (rune chaos nexus) its a ton of fun!

because everyone needs MOAR LAZERS

ElyrionX

Wow, deserted this game for some time and what do I see when coming back here : prices are still in the millions range, effective hit points ? what's this ? mp10 ?

A lot has changed, maybe it's time to start anew, I was bored cause my barbarian kept dying like a middleschooler under a bus. Making a wizard right now.

Also I hate AH because I have always been poor ...

Top end items are still worth millions but the definition of top end has changed. Prices have definitely come down substantially. For example, just three months ago, the cheapest Witching Hour you can find cost more than 20mn on the AH. Today, it's 200k or less.

itxaka

Defeatist
Hey guys, finally coming back to diablo after some time stuck in 40s,i leveled up to 60 and almost finished my inferno run.

Checking stats and such I see that the thing is to stack crit damage and crit chance. Is that right?

Should all the awesome gear you guys have, is that from drops? Should I keep running inferno with some mp to get that kind of gear? I'm just shocked at those dps, I was retry happy with 45k that my monk does :D

RivalCore

Hey guys, finally coming back to diablo after some time stuck in 40s,i leveled up to 60 and almost finished my inferno run.

Checking stats and such I see that the thing is to stack crit damage and crit chance. Is that right?

Should all the awesome gear you guys have, is that from drops? Should I keep running inferno with some mp to get that kind of gear? I'm just shocked at those dps, I was retry happy with 45k that my monk does :D

I think it'd be a lot easier if you posted your battlenet profile so people could give you more indepth advice.

A lot of peoples gear is still coming from the AH, especially now that the mid tier market has crashed and there is some great stuff to be gotten for cheap. The new craft items also have the potential to be best-in-slot so the majority of gloves, bracers and amulets are coming from there.

itxaka

Defeatist
I think it'd be a lot easier if you posted your battlenet profile so people could give you more indepth advice.

A lot of peoples gear is still coming from the AH, especially now that the mid tier market has crashed and there is some great stuff to be gotten for cheap. The new craft items also have the potential to be best-in-slot so the majority of gloves, bracers and amulets are coming from there.

Sorry, kind of new to this stuff, apart from the 25 hours or so in the last 3 days I haven't play in like 3 months :D

http://d3up.com/b/590842

Almost all stuff from the AH. After checking the crafting (blacksmith is at 10th level) Im not sure of what to make out of it. Are the things you get random? Im I supposed to keep crafting until I find something awesome? I just asumed that being random it would suck

thanks!

mhayze

I tried logging back into D3 after a few months on my laptop. I get slammed with a 'authorize this PC' message. I go to the website, and it insists that I reset my password. I try to reset my password, and apparently, my 1st name / last name aren't correct (i.e. I must have used a gamer tag or something as my first name). I probably did this on purpose because I don't want my personal information stolen, as has happened to Blizzard in the past.

So now I'm SOL - can't reset my password, account locked for no apparent reason.

Thanks for some of the posts guys. Apparently, if you haven't played in a while and log in with a new / public IP (I was at my parent's house), it asks you to go to the web site to confirm that your account was not stolen. While I usually play on my home PC, I have played on my laptop as well while on the go in the past. It's been close to 3 months since I last played.

The exact message was something closer to "We have detected a change in your access pattern". As someone suggested, I started looking through my lastpass information and sure enough, I did have the details written down. I was able to reset my account using the secret question. Just a note to those who have not written it down, if you can't remember what you used as first name / last name, it won't even let you answer your secret question.

eek5

Sorry, kind of new to this stuff, apart from the 25 hours or so in the last 3 days I haven't play in like 3 months :D

http://d3up.com/b/590842

Almost all stuff from the AH. After checking the crafting (blacksmith is at 10th level) Im not sure of what to make out of it. Are the things you get random? Im I supposed to keep crafting until I find something awesome? I just asumed that being random it would suck

thanks!

How much gold do you have and what MP are you running right now?

Crafting is really good. You want to be crafting dexterity recipes (buy them from AH). Everything but the chest should be cheap and you should avoid crafting chests anyway.

I'd start with archon dex shoulders, then do bracers, then gloves. It shouldn't be too difficult to craft some upgrades for you.

Yes, it is random but you get an automatic 200 dex roll so it's "easy" to get what you need. For example your bracers right now are 200 dex 3.5 crit. Just rolling any crit modifier will get you better bracers. If you happen to roll a dual dex/vit roll you could get 300 dex 100 vit crit bracers which would be WAY better. Or you could roll a resis and get much higher EHP.

You can pretty much upgrade every slot for less than 100k per slot so IDK where to even start.

itxaka

Defeatist
How much gold do you have and what MP are you running right now?

Crafting is really good. You want to be crafting dexterity recipes (buy them from AH). Everything but the chest should be cheap and you should avoid crafting chests anyway.

I'd start with archon dex shoulders, then do bracers, then gloves. It shouldn't be too difficult to craft some upgrades for you.

Yes, it is random but you get an automatic 200 dex roll so it's "easy" to get what you need. For example your bracers right now are 200 dex 3.5 crit. Just rolling any crit modifier will get you better bracers. If you happen to roll a dual dex/vit roll you could get 300 dex 100 vit crit bracers which would be WAY better. Or you could roll a resis and get much higher EHP.

You can pretty much upgrade every slot for less than 100k per slot so IDK where to even start.

I got a million or so, don't mind dropping a couple € to get more if necessary. Im running MP3 , finding it half difficult but not impossible. Except Belial. Fuck Belial, I am unable to dodge his attacks :S

Thanks for the tips, gotta try it :D

MrDaravon

Man, one of my friends who I haven't played with in forever just got back on the game. He bailed before MP or anything like that was added, he didn't know what the hell I was talking about. It's actually kind of crazy looking at his gear, because prior to all of that his gear was actually pretty good, but looking at it now it's totally insane. Like they're all surprisingly good rolls on them, but for example he has both Shenlong fists and a Tasker and Theo equipped haha. It actually kind of sucks because I want to help gear him up, but I had literally just blown all of my money on my Monk a few days ago, and his stuff is just barely good enough to not be under say a mil a piece to upgrade (again he had great rolls on all this stuff, he played the shit out of the game for a while there).

eek5

I got a million or so, don't mind dropping a couple € to get more if necessary. Im running MP3 , finding it half difficult but not impossible. Except Belial. Fuck Belial, I am unable to dodge his attacks :S

First I'd try to get an innas helm w/ secondary res on it

OOXllBq.png

next upgrade your amulet to one w/ avg dmg, dex, cc, and cd. if you can find a cheap one with vit or your res even better

X2DZOlq.png

then get some cheap gloves w/ asi+cc or cc+cd and y our second res
iXGM0YL.png

next we'll get a ring for some sustain avg dmg + crit + LoH. get dex if you can if not no big deal
ghij66E.png

next all that cc won't do much good without some cd so get some on a weapon (no socket) a faster weapon is better but this one had a high vit roll which is why i'm linking it
NKLVkPJ.png

XemyymE.png

LoH in off hand will help with sustain

That's only 700k so far. I'd get another ring. Depending on what your stats look like (logout then import your profile into D3up.com and see your ehp/dps) I'd either get more DPS, more sustain (LoH for now) or EHP. for the second ring. You can't really go wrong with ASI or CC

Other options: Get some inna's pants w/ arcane resis on them. Don't pay more than 300k; you should be able tog et some 40-50 res ones for under 300k if you wait long enough. This will give you your first 12 movement speed.

Since your bracers are really bad you can probably get some cheap lacunis w/ dex and crit on them too for the second 12% ms. (I see a bunch for sub-200k)

I'm guessing this stuff would make mp3 pretty trivial and mp5 would probably be doable.

MrDaravon

10 legendaries today, all crap. Then get my first Hellfire ring in months, it's by far worse than any of the others I've made. Oh, Diablo 3.

RivalCore

eek5 gave some good suggestions, but if you're stuck for gold and on the EU server I can help give you a few million to get started.

MrDaravon

Hey, for dual wielding you still generally want to put the stronger weapon in your mainhand right? Have a friend who has a Butcher Sickle in his main hand (931 dmg) and an Echoing Fury in his offhand (996 dmg), and I'm not sure if that's correct? The only thing I can think of where you might want to do that is if you have LoH (since that only procs on the weapon that actually hits I believe?) or if you're putting the EF in your offhand to lower the chance of fear activating? Does the EF + attack bonus still apply to both weapons if it's in your offhand?

Raticus79

It does make some difference, depending on their class. Some skills only use the mainhand weapon. If they're a barbarian, having it in the offhand makes it so the sprint tornadoes don't cause fear. Also, it makes sense to have the higher *average damage* weapon in the mainhand when there's a difference between the two.

I played for a couple hours this weekend and had like 10 legendaries drop. All of them garbage, but it was hearing dat sound. lol.

This patch needs to come.

Cipherr

Drop the LoH, get Average Damage, then maybe we'll talk. I wouldn't wipe my nose with it as is.

Speaking of average damage. I picked up a ring to replace my Hellfire on my monk:

Yfyt08a.png

Was the best I could find. Paid like 18m. Was that good (it seemed to be to me). Its pretty middle of the road on all of its rolls, but its hard to find dex, avg damage, crit, crit damage, all resists %life and vit all on a single ring. I really need to find a good Natalyas ring with average damage now.

neoism

I played for a couple hours this weekend and had like 10 legendaries drop. All of them garbage, but it was hearing dat sound. lol.

This patch needs to come.

I was hoping for the 14th but seems like most on b.net thinks it will be later this month or even in the first week of June... They haven't even started testing mob density on act 4 yet... :( Blizz is just too fucking slow..smh

Opiate

Speaking of average damage. I picked up a ring to replace my Hellfire on my monk:

Yfyt08a.png

Was the best I could find. Paid like 18m. Was that good (it seemed to be to me). Its pretty middle of the road on all of its rolls, but its hard to find dex, avg damage, crit, crit damage, all resists %life and vit all on a single ring. I really need to find a good Natalyas ring with average damage now.

It's a good ring, definitely. Did you bid or buyout?

Cipherr

It's a good ring, definitely. Did you bid or buyout?

Was a bid, it was expiring soon (I sort stuff by expiring sometimes) and had to make that decision in under 60 seconds so it left me a little uneasy since I spent a chunk of change on it so quickly without being able to mull it over at all.

Opiate

Was a bid, it was expiring soon (I sort stuff by expiring sometimes) and had to make that decision in under 60 seconds so it left me a little uneasy since I spent a chunk of change on it so quickly without being able to mull it over at all.

I'd call it a good purchase. If 18M is a ton of money for you, I can teach you how to make more fairly rapidly. I'll be on some tonight if you're interested.

I'd call it a good purchase. If 18M is a ton of money for you, I can teach you how to make more fairly rapidly. I'll be on some tonight if you're interested.

Need money to make money on the AH though man :(

My 8 million suppliments my crafting from the demonic essences I get. lol

Anytime I get over 50-100 million I spend it on something.

neoism

Mmm, Diablofans is saying the patch is probably tomorrow.

like I said they have not even put in Act 4 mob density in the PTR yet... it will be the 14th at the earliest, and I doubt even that, blizz has just took their sweat time with this little patch... I will shit bricks if so though...
Okay, running CotA on MP10 is the first time I've ever wanted to turn off showing items on the ground automatically...

FNYX7K8.jpg

I just wish they would give us an option to take blues and whites off the screen... I still like seeing loot on the ground in a loot game.. shame that 99.99% is useless though

Techies

Why is it so that the China "clones" seem to do everything better than D3, or on par with D2

See, this is how you do the hero selection screen:
Asura Online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL1QQ0edwjM

All the small things I miss from D2 adds up...

Anyways another D3 patch which basically changes a few numbers, we had to wait more than a month for. At least coop will be now at 50%, but why wait a year for simple change like that. They need to start separating features/bug fixes from balance changes and tweaks.

That way we can get the important changes quicker. Although game will need a drastic makeover to really get my attention again. You can't try interesting builds/items without gimping yourself.

Raticus79

wait.. so i'm doing it wrong by leveling at mp7?

The majority of people lose exp/hour going from 0 to 1, and it just goes downhill from there. Just try measuring yourself sometime.

I like higher MP because the pace is a bit slower (less draining), so this patch works out well for me.

MrDaravon

After checking out the Demon Hunter subreddit, I decided to try this Grenade setup that apparently most DH's are using for high MP runs. I'm already kind of annoyed at having to use traps at high MP levels (not my playstyle), but figured I'd check this out; the upside to the setup is that gear-wise it's more or less identical to my current typical Manticore setup except you have to use a Calamity for it.

All I did was buy a 2 million Calamity off the AH and stuck a Flawless Star Ruby I had lying around in it, and swapped out Hungering Arrow/Bola Shot (was messing around with that) for Grenades. Holy fuck it is HILARIOUS, I am blown away. With this so-so Calamity my DPS is about 180k with about 480k eHP, but I went straight into MP10 Act 3 and just facerolled it. The suicide bomber guys in the Keeps are a serious issue (and the only thing that actually killed me), and I have to agree with the sentiment out there that any sort of ranged/teleport enemies are incredibly annoying with the build and in some cases are worth skipping, but other than that it was a joke. Did an typical Act 3 run with it, and outside of some Elites being really annoying (and in hindsight probably should be skipped) this is a total gamechanger. Goddamn. And I'm only running the super basic setup, I'm not even incorporating Caltrops or Turrets into it like most people are at high levels. I'm going to have to investigate this more tomorrow, but this may completely turn me around on my DH. I feel like I need to sit down.

xero273

ok so I went to mp 0 and yea it feels like i am getting more exp per run since i don't spend so long fighting elites. So what path should i take? right now I am doing keeps 2, rakkis cross and the field, then arreat core?

eek5

After checking out the Demon Hunter subreddit, I decided to try this Grenade setup that apparently most DH's are using for high MP runs. I'm already kind of annoyed at having to use traps at high MP levels (not my playstyle), but figured I'd check this out; the upside to the setup is that gear-wise it's more or less identical to my current typical Manticore setup except you have to use a Calamity for it.

All I did was buy a 2 million Calamity off the AH and stuck a Flawless Star Ruby I had lying around in it, and swapped out Hungering Arrow/Bola Shot (was messing around with that) for Grenades. Holy fuck it is HILARIOUS, I am blown away. With this so-so Calamity my DPS is about 180k with about 480k eHP, but I went straight into MP10 Act 3 and just facerolled it. The suicide bomber guys in the Keeps are a serious issue (and the only thing that actually killed me), and I have to agree with the sentiment out there that any sort of ranged/teleport enemies are incredibly annoying with the build and in some cases are worth skipping, but other than that it was a joke. Did an typical Act 3 run with it, and outside of some Elites being really annoying (and in hindsight probably should be skipped) this is a total gamechanger. Goddamn. And I'm only running the super basic setup, I'm not even incorporating Caltrops or Turrets into it like most people are at high levels. I'm going to have to investigate this more tomorrow, but this may completely turn me around on my DH. I feel like I need to sit down.
Bro.. this is the build I've been using. I could have told you it was pretty awesome. I can survive MP10 with 180k less eHP than you lol

MrDaravon

Bro.. this is the build I've been using. I could have told you it was pretty awesome. I can survive MP10 with 180k less eHP than you lol

You have a million characters, I don't know what you're ever up to!

I'm guessing it's probably amazing with Wizard freeze builds, but if you're playing with any other class it winds up being kind of annoying? At at first glance this strikes me of more of a solo thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom