• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Damn, they did castrate Inferno altogether.

Yup. Finishing now means zip. It rains legendaries (although I have yet to see one!) and all elite packs are beatable since they don't regen (not to mention much easier in general). Act3 Inferno feels like Hell did. It is all just about filling the XP bar at this point.

Radec

What's the ring's name?

Played almost 5 hours yesterday when I got home after work. 0 legendaries. Nice way to welcome me back after more than a month Diablo. :(

2ersg.png

Naeblish

Yup. Finishing now means zip. It rains legendaries (although I have yet to see one!) and all elite packs are beatable since they don't regen (not to mention much easier in general). Act3 Inferno feels like Hell did. It is all just about filling the XP bar at this point.
If legendaries are really dropping that fast, they might as well stop working on 1.1, cause no one will be playing the game by the time it's out.

Got a 950dps, Two Hands sword, with 450 str, 200 vit, 1500 LoH.

Good god. I feel that DPS is kinda low now for a two handed.

Also, playing all day and no legendary yet :(

tjohn86

What is the goto barb build right now?

I'm using the old frenzy + warcry + WOTB and earthquake combo from launch.

My gear is all str + vit + all resist with ~ 40k life and 18k dps.

If legendaries are really dropping that fast, they might as well stop working on 1.1, cause no one will be playing the game by the time it's out.

Everyone will have OP weapons within two weeks between legendaries dropping a lot (people complained about them needing to drop more, ignoring how many were already on AH) and the buffed 61/62 weapons.

I personally think they should have nerfed the drop rate of legendaries.

I'm not complaining, I'll just hold my cash out for a couple of weeks and get really fucking overpowered cheap.

offtopic

Yeah I'm not even close to being uber-geared but I'm getting the feeling they just went way overboard with making it too easy. I can't see people staying interested when they've completely done away with any challenge. The XP bar might help keep my interest for a bit but how fun is a game if you barely have to focus on it at all to kill the hardest stuff.

Had a lot of fun playing last night. Great to see that experience coming in for the Paragon levels.

I played a couple act 2 runs. One thing I noticed in addition to the mortar/ice ranges that are now shown is that the damage radius on Belial's fists are shown. Makes that an even easier fight as sometimes I couldn't quite tell where to escape to on his double fist slam.

I think I might just start farming Act 3 from this point onwards for the increased drop rates for the higher level stuff.

Oh and is it just me or is there a lot of whining from people in here if they didn't immediately find 10 legendaries last night? I didn't find any, but I played for maybe 3 hours or so. Come on people, some players haven't found any legendaries sometimes in 100+ hours of play and you expect instantly to get perfect rolled rares/godly legendaries.

Use all passives that makes your crit and crit damage by 5 and 50%.

Look for a str + vit + crit dmg Mace as first hand and whatever you want as second hand. You don't need life one hit for act 1

Use that passive that gives you 10% crit chance with a Mace in the right hand.

I went from 40k HP and 15dps to 55k HP and 37k dps with about 500k gold two week ago.

tjohn86

Use all passives that makes your crit and crit damage by 5 and 50%.

Look for a str + vit + crit dmg Mace as first hand and whatever you want as second hand. You don't need life one hit for act 1

Use that passive that gives you 10% crit chance with a Mace in the right hand.

I went from 40k HP and 15dps to 55k HP and 37k dps with about 500k gold two week ago.

I'm currently right before Azmodan in Inferno. Do I need LOH?

Edit: this is my dude: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
GAF, you guys should donate all your good Monk gear/money to me so I can be more awesome. I am slowly improving gear wise but... my weapons are balls :(

scy

1.0.5 needs Paragon mode. Harder enemies based off your Paragon Level (with added MF/GF? Shit who knows)! Paragon Level required loot! Yeah!

Started as a joke, now I kind of want to see this.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
1.0.5 needs Paragon mode. Harder enemies based off your Paragon Level (with added MF/GF? Shit who knows)! Paragon Level required loot! Yeah!

Wouldn't be surprised if they introduced paragon restricted end-game dungeons with better BoE loot - would you?

Melville

Nooo, I dropped that ring one week ago :(

Anyways, I checked this source I found on the AH, and the cheapest one corresponding to the stats was like 30M. Is arcane power on critical really that valuable? (I haven't really played with my wizard in Inferno yet, not really too savvy about this class at high level)
Here's the item:

qwp9d.jpg

Revoh

Nice.

I'm playing with crappy leftover gear I had in my stash after selling everything and drop the game and I'm doing act 3 runs pretty easily with less stats than you. You will rolfstomp the game with those stats/gear now.
I'm definitely aiming to get good gear for a WW barb though, can't really go back to a tank barb. It's way more fun and you farm faster.
What other builds are there? Tank barb, WW barb, ranged barb, that's all I believe.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Goblins that can gang up on you and steal your monies!

My barb build is currently:

Cleave with broad swing (more hits for LOH!)
War cry with 50% resist
Battle cry with damage boost
Revenge with 30% chance
Ground stomp with pull in enemy rune (very effective for revenge/rend/cleave)
And rend with life regen

Using the armor increase and elemental/ranged damage reduction passives

This is just using one 2 handed with 1200 LOH and 6% life steal

Going to start getting regen armor so I can kite (aiming for 2500-3000 hp/sec)

Hoping to have a pseudo aggressive/defensive combination

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Nooo, I dropped that ring one week ago :(

Anyways, I checked this source I found on the AH, and the cheapest one corresponding to the stats was like 30M. Is arcane power on critical really that valuable? (I haven't really played with my wizard in Inferno yet, not really too savvy about this class at high level)
Here's the item:

qwp9d.jpg

30M seems cray to me, but the fact that it has int + 6.5% crit is probably it's best factors. It kinda has low offhand damage.

scy

Wouldn't be surprised if they introduced paragon restricted end-game dungeons with better BoE loot - would you?

Honestly, I'm hoping that is their intent. An actual random dungeon mode of some kind that scales off your Paragon Level with Paragon Level restricted BoE loot (or some other trade restriction, I suppose). Having the grind is nice for that sense of progress but it would be even better if it worked towards a bigger picture as well rather than just the "At least I got some EXP" factor.

Every 5 Paragon Levels gives you an extra random floor to progress through that steadily gets harder and harder with better rewards per floor. Something like that, anyway.

Goblins that can gang up on you and steal your monies!

Seriously, if they don't make use of the whole goblin portal thing eventually...

Cagey

Banned
On hardcore I found an 830 DPS two-hander with 360 int and 316 vit... and 4% life leech for shits and giggles. Looks my enchantress is good to go, unless anyone wants to buy it.

Xanathus

I imagine they intentionally buffed the legendary drop rate so that they can get the hype back again, but then they'll nerf it as soon as they've reached whatever player counts they're aiming for. So get your farming on while it's good.

Celegus

Honestly, I'm hoping that is their intent. An actual random dungeon mode of some kind that scales off your Paragon Level with Paragon Level restricted BoE loot (or some other trade restriction, I suppose). Having the grind is nice for that sense of progress but it would be even better if it worked towards a bigger picture as well rather than just the "At least I got some EXP" factor.

That does sound incredibly cool.

Kunohara

I imagine they intentionally buffed the legendary drop rate so that they can get the hype back again, but then they'll nerf it as soon as they've reached whatever player counts they're aiming for. So get your farming on while it's good.

If they did, they forgot to enable it for me. And on top of that, I was listing two items on the AH last night, and it said due to heavy load, it couldn't process my auction. Then I lost both items.

Awesome start to the patch. No uniques drop, shit drops, and two drops that were meh, and probably would have gotten me maybe 40k tops are now gone.

Celegus

So if I was farming act III prior to the patch, it's now on easy mode for when I return?

Anyone farming act IV?

I'm pretty sure the loot tables for act 3 and 4 are the same, and with the low number of champions in act 4, it's not really worthwhile. You'd probably be fine to try it though, just for something different. It does feel a lot easier.

I'm pretty sure the loot tables for act 3 and 4 are the same, and with the low number of champions in act 4, it's not really worthwhile. You'd probably be fine to try it though, just for something different. It does feel a lot easier.
I hate act 4 : same loots, lower elites count, more anoying mobs to fights.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
So if I was farming act III prior to the patch, it's now on easy mode for when I return?

Anyone farming act IV?

Here's an example - group farming act 3 was not worth it pre patch with me. Now, act 3 with 3 pieces of mf gear is doable for me. A monk.

Throw in a well rounded group, like a good WD utilizing pets, and it's amazingly good, and honestly, more fun not stressing so much about impossible elites.

Has anyone found the battlefield reports post patch?
Grey exclamation mark on the battlefields. Talk to the guys. It's not a book it's just a guy to talk. I had to reload a game because it didn't pop first time. Second time, it was right there at the beginning of the battlefields

For the most part I enjoyed act III over act II VoA runs because it posed more of a challenge. Though I did switch back and forth to keep things fresh.

I was hoping they wouldn't neuter inferno. Just get rid of invulnerable minions and I'm happy.

O well ... I'll be happy to play regardless when I get back. Especially with improved group play and paragon stuff.

ACt 3 is way better to farm than act 4. Tons of trash mobs that don't pose much of a threat, plus tons of elites to take down in tons of different environments. Easy access to all of them as well.

Radec

So I opened a tiny chest in Act 2

j4fSD.jpg

:D

How much can I sell this? I have no plans of using since I'm focusing on my Barb for Paragon.

Dahbomb

Act 4 is crap to farm. They need to up the number of elites in it and increase the number of rooms especially before Rakanoth because you can't even build up 5 stacks before getting to him. Stick with act 3 especially in groups.

inky

I hate you guys.

If I don't get anything today I'm going to drop my MF and get some proper gear for Act III. Hopefully I can do it with the gold I didn't manage to sell
like 15 million only =(

Talents

Banned
I hate you guys.

If I don't get anything today I'm going to drop my MF and get some proper gear for Act III. Hopefully I can do it with the gold I didn't manage to sell
like 15 million only =(

I've got nothing good yet either. And my wizard is extremely poorely geared. On the up side I found a good new build, Blizzard, arcane hydra, and the scoundrel are beastly together.

Dahbomb

Lower level weapons have definitely been improved. Got a 850 dps ilvl61 item today with some decent stats. Weapon prices are going to crash for sure, I knew I should've waited before getting a weapon upgrade.

Anyone? Sorry I'm so poor I'd really like to move this thing.
It's part of the new version of the set which is far inferior though yours does have nice rolls so I'm not sure what kind of demand. You can search for the exact stats though to see what others are pricing theirs at. If you want a quick sale, price below what others are selling similar items at.

offtopic

I'm definitely aiming to get good gear for a WW barb though, can't really go back to a tank barb. It's way more fun and you farm faster.
What other builds are there? Tank barb, WW barb, ranged barb, that's all I believe.

Nah you can probably be fine with any build at this point.

I finished the game pre-1.0.4 without WW, tank or ranged build and my gear isn't all that great at all.

antipod

Haven't had the chance to play the patch that much yet (70% of first Paragon level) since I'm in Europe but seems good so far. Still need to play with my WD. Monk currently.

One of the best things about the patch is that it now plays really nice with my Retina MacBook in Fullscreen Windowed mode. Before it sort of stuck at 1440x900 so the pixels were large even if I set it higher... now the resolution actually is the one I set. And the FPS counter shows anything else than 0.

neoism

lol I swear I think blizz added an invisible biig buff the first time you log on too 1.0.4 becasue the first game was rare city have n't got nothin since.. .:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom