• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

foladar

Man, went a few hours after patch with everyone getting all these legendaries. Well, guess my time came, in an hour (in the same game, too):

wp9UL.jpg
IMIWJ.jpg
gkDTZ.jpg

That last one is really, really sick. Love the bow.

edit: LOL got mine after dinging level 5 paragon too. Funny stuff.

foladar

Windforce seems amazing for kiting. 44% knockback!

Yeah, that knockback makes it even crazier. I think I gain about ~14k dps pre SS, and only lose ~2k with full SS, so obviously it's an upgrade. It's so fast when you're used to using an xbow too. Ball lightning with that bow = L O L worthy.

Feels like an expensive toy I put on a credit card but can't afford to keep.

Xamdou

Man, went a few hours after patch with everyone getting all these legendaries. Well, guess my time came, in an hour (in the same game, too):

Which act did they drop?

Fuck, I want a Windforce.

Been using a blue bow with around 80% crit damage and 970ish DPS for the longest time because it's pretty damn good, and a rare upgrade that's better would cost me out the ass.

foladar

That's a lot less than I expected

Crazy string of luck

I switch some pieces in and out at times, since it's super easy to switch now with no resetting hp, no need to worry about running out of their range. Max though is 350% mf with 5 stacks.

Definitely was a string of luck, though.

edit: man, just got a shield with 250 vit, sick. had 114dex, 51 resists, 47 cold too.

Radec

Does MF % even matter on the drop rate(or roll rate) of legendaries?

I got 2 legendaries earlier with MF 75%+6%(Paragon).

wp9UL.jpg
IMIWJ.jpg
gkDTZ.jpg

Can you take a pic of the bow in game? Would love to see it.

scosher

What build are you using? Is it Spectral Blades Deep Cuts, Wicked Wind, Archon, Diamondskin, Energy Armor, Frost Nova? Passives apart from Critical Mass?

I use teleport (Safe Passage) over frost nova. I don't bother with freeze-locking, and teleport is just a much better escape tool. Plus makes travel more quick.

Passives are glass cannon, CM, and blur.

Jooney

wp9UL.jpg
IMIWJ.jpg
gkDTZ.jpg

Wasn't Windforce the premier bow from D2? Anyways sick bow, congrats.

Naeblish

Wasn't Windforce the premier bow from D2? Anyways sick bow, congrats.
Yup, i think i would have gotten a heart attack had that ever dropped for me in D2. Same with the grandfather, those items had a true legendary status. You always heard about them, but never saw one.

Revoh

Wow, didn't know that there's a 30% Bonus EXP legendary ring.

Partner it up with a ruby helm and Paragon leveling might not take a month lol

What's the ring's name?

Played almost 5 hours yesterday when I got home after work. 0 legendaries. Nice way to welcome me back after more than a month Diablo. :(

Danj

All these awesome items everyone is getting, I take it they're only available in Inferno? My wizard still isn't properly up to the job of doing Inferno (I can do some of act 1 but I die a lot and of course I can't do SK) but I could really do with some upgrades.

Celegus

Played pretty much all night yesterday, halfway to paragon 3. Ran around act 2 with 200% MF and no oranges yet. Dunno how you guys have already found multiple. Does anyone know if there is a guaranteed legendary drop after so many champion kills or was that just a rumor?

Melville

Holy hell, seven elite groups in Watch Tower level 2 (which is a tiny level), plus one goblin plus one resplendent chest. :O

scy

@Inna's Set - Wait, still +0.33 Spirit Regen? Really? At least make it 1. Same for the 10 Life per Spirit Spent. Seems a bit weak for set bonuses.

Then again, 130 DEX and -70 Sweeping Wind cost.

Did they nerf/buff WD's yet?

They probably got the largest buff of the patch once you get over the VQ change.

I've not been massively impressed by the new patch so far (Wizard), but I do like the new animations for the mortars and the molten explosion. Far more noticeable.

Definity

I farmed the shit out of the vota vault yesterday and only came away with a 1 hander 1004 dps/254 str. Was wanting that manticore so bad with two sockets. Try again today.

scy

I've not been massively impressed by the new patch so far (Wizard), but I do like the new animations for the mortars and the molten explosion. Far more noticeable.

Well, to be fair, Wizards weren't that bad off before. For them, this patch is mostly just new itemization.

Prezhulio

any new WD builds out there post 1.04?

I'm making my way through act 2 inferno (finally), and experimenting with stuff and it all feels much better than before, but i feel like there's probably a pet build out there that would make it all a little better.

Xanathus

11% more fire damage taken?

Uhhhhh

I've been using it, the extra fire damage is unnoticeable considering they've nerfed molten damage. The DPS jump I get from using it way justifies it. Poison nova damage is crappy though, it seems to do about 70% of the health of one of those act 3 imps.

Trickster

I've been using it, the extra fire damage is unnoticeable considering they've nerfed molten damage. The DPS jump I get from using it way justifies it. Poison nova damage is crappy though, it seems to do about 70% of the health of one of those act 3 imps.

Would be pretty amazing for melee classes though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom