• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Have to wonder if there are cold builds for any of the classes though. A massive ~30% increase in all cold damage could be huge if so.

That is additive, not multiplicative, if I remember D3 mechanics correctly. Which means that ~200 from your main stat trumps that, especially with some +crit/+critdamage.

xero273

Have to wonder if there are cold builds for any of the classes though. A massive ~30% increase in all cold damage could be huge if so.

wizard has blizzard build, but yea frostburn gloves. Everytime i see legendary gloves, i pray it isn't frostburn and the gladiator one :(

Just got the best legendary ever
bestlegendaryever.png

Yay

I'm so sorry. But hey! You got a legendary! >.>

ccbfan

How much have the economy changed?

Before I quit, I sold all my stuff in Bliz bucks thinking whatever I had will probably be worth less than at that point and money is probably the safest monetary unit. Never found any thing great so only generated like 20 bucks.

After seeing these changes, I'm kinda interested to jump back in.

How much can 20 bucks get me?

Jrmint

A lot actually.

You could prob buy ~15 radiant star emeralds with that which sell for 20 mill apiece.

Sounds like a lot of gold to play with.

MrDaravon

Can't link it at work, but Blizzard is saying at least 24 hours more before AH comes back up. For the best really since that at least seems to indcate they are really tracking shit down. Bad for me since I really need to get an actual Calamity (and not the cheap test one I bought) to go full in on this DH Grenade build. Oh well, doing act 1 runs on MP4/5 is cathartic; my DPS is high enough where HA/BL ones shots about everything, but with the increased density its super productive.

kennah

Can't link it at work, but Blizzard is saying at least 24 hours more before AH comes back up. For the best really since that at least seems to indcate they are really tracking shit down. Bad for me since I really need to get an actual Calamity (and not the cheap test one I bought) to go full in on this DH Grenade build. Oh well, doing act 1 runs on MP4/5 is cathartic; my DPS is high enough where HA/BL ones shots about everything, but with the increased density its super productive.

I've got a good one if you want to check it out.

MrDaravon

I've got a good one if you want to check it out.

Eh, maybe if the AH is down all weekend or something, appreciate the offer though! Just from the runs I did with the test one it seems pretty apparent that build is going to be the way to go for me, so it's just a question of needing a better one to actually do high level runs comfortably as opposed to just checking it out. I also need to get a Grenade % SoJ, and probably some sort of LS or LoH as well (at least to do MP10 comfortable).

It's actually been so long since I've done low MP with my DH that just completely blowing through MP4/5 like it's nothing is really amusing right now, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy for a few days :p. The Grenade build is still just super fascinating to me, I wrote it off at first but now it just seems so obviously the way to go.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah, it's pretty insane. For elites I use blinding flash along with EP on as many things surrounding the elite as possible, as well as on the elite for the +12%

If you time it right you can take out the elite in one hit - try to get EP on 4-5 of the minions as well as the elite then pop BF just as one is about to die. All the minions should die, resulting in a massive explosion which gets multiplied by your BF.

Which exploding palm rune are you talking about? Blinding Flash doesn't interact with the HP-based explosions.

kennah

Eh, maybe if the AH is down all weekend or something, appreciate the offer though! Just from the runs I did with the test one it seems pretty apparent that build is going to be the way to go for me, so it's just a question of needing a better one to actually do high level runs comfortably as opposed to just checking it out. I also need to get a Grenade % SoJ, and probably some sort of LS or LoH as well (at least to do MP10 comfortable).

It's actually been so long since I've done low MP with my DH that just completely blowing through MP4/5 like it's nothing is really amusing right now, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy for a few days :p. The Grenade build is still just super fascinating to me, I wrote it off at first but now it just seems so obviously the way to go.
Sure thing, just let me know. It's sitting in my stash doing no one any good. 1200dps, 90+% crit. It's fun times :)

MrDaravon

Sure thing, just let me know. It's sitting in my stash doing no one any good. 1200dps, 90+% crit. It's fun times :)

I might take you up on that tomorrow if the AH is still in limbo then. Do you remember what the random roll on it is? This is the one I bought for 2 mil, for the price it's pretty good but obviously not what I'm looking for at MP10.

kQjaVaD.jpg

Jrmint

So I main a DH and use a pretty nice Manticore.

How do the Calamity builds work? What do you use in the offhand? Another 1 hander or a Dead Mans Legacy?

MrDaravon

So I main a DH and use a pretty nice Manticore.

How do the Calamity builds work? What do you use in the offhand? Another 1 hander or a Dead Mans Legacy?

(DML) http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/clustergrenades

Are red gems better for calamity builds?

Yes, I forget how the math works but I think it's something along the lines of once you hit Flawless Star or higher rubies become better than Emeralds.

I got super lucky and actually already have a high Dex/Vit Nat chest that had both Max Disc and Grenade bonus on it, so part of the reason I'm into this is that I basically have most of the gear; I just need to get a good Calamity, SoJ, and (ideally) something else with LoH (maybe the Calamity) and I can swap back and forth between that and my regular Manticore build depending on what I'm doing.

For sure. Offhand is dead man's legacy with high IAS. I've got the beginnings of a grenades build on my DH but that's last on the alts list.

I need to get to 100 so I can work on another alt. lol

I'm thinking Wiz next. Though I might try DH because all my gear would transfer cheaply.

Raticus79

Flesh is weak. I could have sworn enemies took more dmg from EP explosions when BF was up, but I may well be wrong.

Nope, definitely not for the explosion, you just get a bigger DOT. That works well with essence burn though. I think Invis recommended that in one of his posts.

Raticus79

Yes, I forget how the math works but I think it's something along the lines of once you hit Flawless Star or higher rubies become better than Emeralds.

It's a function of your weapon's attack speed and your crit chance. With 1.78 aps on the crossbow, ruby wins a lot earlier than with something like a sword. Maintaining a balance between those is what leads to demon hunters running emerald and ruby in the same manticore. Probably easiest to just plug it into D3up.

Also, just had an idea on how to use the friends list status messages to put up info on your games:

When you start your run, put up a broadcast saying "Act 1 MP10" for example. When people look at your name in the friends list, it'll show your run message and the time since you posted it - so they can see how far along you are on your run. When you're done, you can just click the message and blank it out. It'll drop the icon.

ccbfan

A lot actually.

You could prob buy ~15 radiant star emeralds with that which sell for 20 mill apiece.

Sounds like a lot of gold to play with.

Man I feel like Mr money pants here.

I left the game unable to even get even one Radiant Star Emerald. Now I can get 15 Radiant Star Emeralds?

So I have 300 Million?

What can I get with this now? How's inflation. I'm not looking for best of the best stuff items just top 90 percent stuff. Or does it cost like a billion just to equip a decent character.

What are some fun builds I can make with 300 million?

At least with 300 Million I can stop worrying about dying and repairing gear and bringing back all the blue items so I can sell them.

Auction house being closed is annoying since I can't get a sense of what prices are.

eek5

Man I feel like Mr money pants here.

I left the game unable to even get even one Radiant Star Emerald. Now I can get 15 Radiant Star Emeralds?

So I have 300 Million?

What can I get with this now? How's inflation. I'm not looking for best of the best stuff items just top 90 percent stuff. Or does it cost like a billion just to equip a decent character.

What are some fun builds I can make with 300 million?

At least with 300 Million I can stop worrying about dying and repairing gear and bringing back all the blue items so I can sell them.

Auction house being closed is annoying since I can't get a sense of what prices are.

300m gets you:

MP10 barb
MP8 monk
MP8 wd? maybe
~MP7 wiz or if you do low DPS CM you can play support up to MP10, maybe
MP5 DH

Probably not full farm spec but you'd be able to survive and depending on the class, contribute to a team

A lot of where you'll fall between MP7-10 will depend on how lucky you get when you buy your weapon and how lucky you get on your main craft spots (bracers, amulet, gloves, shoulders)

Here are my alts for reference:
http://d3up.com/b/4880/barb
http://d3up.com/b/481048/bast (dh)
http://d3up.com/b/61233/wd
http://d3up.com/b/484553/logen

I'm pretty sure I geared most of them for under 100m, probably around 50m/ea although the difference between 50 to 300m isn't that big outside of wearing 50 mil in gear and having 1-2 120mil weapons. I can do MP10 on DH, WD (firebats), MP4ish archon sharing some WD gear or MP5-7 with CM gear (in profile), barb is mp10 of course

edit: just realized my DH has 160mil in gems. Just ignore that; the gear was cheap! lol

MrDaravon

Hey Kennah thanks for loaning me that Calamity; it actually lowers my DPS slightly (like 172k -> 168k) but even with the low LoH on it, it made a surprisingly big difference. I just straight up melted an Act 1 MP8 run. Given a little bit of a better one combined with a SoJ I think I'm in business to do pretty well on MP10. I've also gotten largely used to juggling the turrets, traps, Gloom, and Marked for Death so that's probably helping as well.

I hope the AH goes up tomorrow, with the increased density (and hence item drops) I already have almost a full tab of items I need to either put up or price...but pricing will probably be fucked for at least a little while.

eek5

Hey Kennah thanks for loaning me that Calamity; it actually lowers my DPS slightly (like 172k -> 168k) but even with the low LoH on it, it made a surprisingly big difference. I just straight up melted an Act 1 MP8 run. Given a little bit of a better one combined with a SoJ I think I'm in business to do pretty well on MP10. I've also gotten largely used to juggling the turrets, traps, Gloom, and Marked for Death so that's probably helping as well.

I hope the AH goes up tomorrow, with the increased density (and hence item drops) I already have almost a full tab of items I need to either put up or price...but pricing will probably be fucked for at least a little while.

just list everything for 2b buyout!

Alright guys, I'm gettin back into D3 and would love some farmin buddies, so feel free to add me GuidoBushido#1353
I mostly play my barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GuidoBushido-1353/hero/4845637

Been running MP5 in pubs without much trouble, although I feel I don't contribute as much as I should.

any gear/build advice would be welcome, I'm kinda hoping to do some sniping once the AH is back online and stabilizes, although I'm only working with about 10mil at the moment.

Talaysen

300m gets you:

MP10 barb
MP8 monk
MP8 wd? maybe
~MP7 wiz or if you do low DPS CM you can play support up to MP10, maybe
MP5 DH

Probably not full farm spec but you'd be able to survive and depending on the class, contribute to a team

A lot of where you'll fall between MP7-10 will depend on how lucky you get when you buy your weapon and how lucky you get on your main craft spots (bracers, amulet, gloves, shoulders)

Here are my alts for reference:
http://d3up.com/b/4880/barb
http://d3up.com/b/481048/bast (dh)
http://d3up.com/b/61233/wd
http://d3up.com/b/484553/logen

I'm pretty sure I geared most of them for under 100m, probably around 50m/ea although the difference between 50 to 300m isn't that big outside of wearing 50 mil in gear and having 1-2 120mil weapons. I can do MP10 on DH, WD (firebats), MP4ish archon sharing some WD gear or MP5-7 with CM gear (in profile), barb is mp10 of course

edit: just realized my DH has 160mil in gems. Just ignore that; the gear was cheap! lol

I can do MP10 on wiz and my gear was around 20-25m barring the weapon, which was I think 60m. My weapon is better than what is necessary for MP10 (also I got it months ago so it'd be cheaper now).

eek5

I can do MP10 on wiz and my gear was around 20-25m barring the weapon, which was I think 60m. My weapon is better than what is necessary for MP10 (also I got it months ago so it'd be cheaper now).

Well I could KIND of do MP10 with 50m in gear. I've seen a guide for under 20 with similar specs (I had way more EHP than that guide) but it isn't optimal at all. You could probably farm-farm MP10 for 50 mil with barb lol. Game is unbalanced as fuck.

Also A4 is so broken. For monk there are 2 enemies that debuff armor 50% and one that debuffs resis 50% then there are like 10 diff enemies with huge burst damage attacks. Recipe to get one shotted non stop. This act needed a huge buff either better number of elites (like twice as many) or way better drop rates.

Alright D3 GAF,

I dropped off a few months back and haven't really been paying attention.

I really like playing a barb or a WD and I suck:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818078

How do I not suck?

Feel free to add me: tjohn86#1840

I don't know much about barbs but this WD build works really well for me:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SRUdZT!TWY!aaaYbc

I experiment here and there but I usually end up falling back on that. Here's my character. I think I'm focused too much on attack speed and not on crit chance/damage but getting new loot is really hard at this point without hundreds of millions of gold. Which I don't have.

eek5

I experiment here and there but I usually end up falling back on that. Here's my character. I think I'm focused too much on attack speed and not on crit chance/damage but getting new loot is really hard at this point without hundreds of millions of gold. Which I don't have.

Yeah you stacked a lot of ASI. You could probably transition easier into a wiz than any other WD build (unless you do 0CD which is crazy expensive right now)

Most of the staple WD builds are very low attack speed. Bats, bears, and 2H builds are usually on the really low end. You get 1-2 pieces MAX.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

This is the build I'm playing with right now. It can do A1 MP10 pretty easily even though I'm not really that well geared. To be fair though, some of my WD gear is worth a lot even though I didn't pay as much as it is worth (won most of it on bids)

This build is also boring as shit but for someone that plays LMB monk and LMB DH, and RMB archon wiz, the build works quite well lol

Fularu

Banned
Damn getting good eHP is hella expensive :/

My barb is stuck at 310k or so and in MP7 farm limbo (forget about ubers, outside of the Ghom fight they just rape me solo...)

http://d3up.com/b/545471

I know rings, amulet, gloves, helm and mh are to be changed but nothing less than hundreds of millions if I want to keep my current dps..

eek5

Damn getting good eHP is hella expensive :/

My barb is stuck at 310k or so and in MP7 farm limbo (forget about ubers, outside of the Ghom fight they just rape me solo...)

http://d3up.com/b/545471

I know rings, amulet, gloves, helm and mh are to be changed but nothing less than hundreds of millions if I want to keep my current dps..

You geared up DPS cheap so now it'll be expensive to get eHP while maintaning that DPS. The main things I see are:
1) You can get an IK belt w/ higher AR roll and vit on it for pretty cheap while keeping the same STR and maybe getting 0.1% more LS
2) Your IK chest has a low vit roll. You can easily drop 10-20 str here and get 50-70+ vit for VERY cheap
3) Zunis and Andariels are great eHP but IK boots and non-crit Mempo are insanely cheap and would give you 30k+ eHP a piece plus you get a socket with Mempo and can socket an amethyst for even more eHP

Here is your d3up wearing my Mempo, IK belt and IK boots:
0s3Pc0W.png

tjohn86

Thanks man. My WD is much faster to farm with but he dies pretty quick on higher MP levels.

Cipherr

If i want to do MP5 with other players whats the best quest so I can join a public game??

Since the patch I dont even choose a quest anymore, I select the MP level, and select the option (Any quest in this act) and just let the game place me in any existing game.

Fularu

Banned
You geared up DPS cheap so now it'll be expensive to get eHP while maintaning that DPS. The main things I see are:
1) You can get an IK belt w/ higher AR roll and vit on it for pretty cheap while keeping the same STR and maybe getting 0.1% more LS
2) Your IK chest has a low vit roll. You can easily drop 10-20 str here and get 50-70+ vit for VERY cheap
3) Zunis and Andariels are great eHP but IK boots and non-crit Mempo are insanely cheap and would give you 30k+ eHP a piece plus you get a socket with Mempo and can socket an amethyst for even more eHP

Here is your d3up wearing my Mempo, IK belt and IK boots:
0s3Pc0W.png
I'm thinking of droping the exp gem to go for a life% gem. Also I'm at a point where my crit is too high compared to my crit damage, so I'll probably follow your advice and find myself a cheap memento, but keep in mind that your cheap and mine aren't the same, I just have 14 million and most of what I'm wearing, I actually found :)

I'll check it out once I get home if the AH is up. Thanks for your input!

I also really need a better MH

Talaysen

Since the patch I dont even choose a quest anymore, I select the MP level, and select the option (Any quest in this act) and just let the game place me in any existing game.

Yeah, that's what I do too. It's obviously not the most efficient, but it gives more variety. Also way less chance of getting dumped into a game with only one other person.

MrDaravon

Yeah, that's what I do too. It's obviously not the most efficient, but it gives more variety. Also way less chance of getting dumped into a game with only one other person.

I need to try that. I tried my first few public games ever last night, and kept getting put in games right near the Butcher fight.

Giggzy

I see that there are quite a few DH's in this thread right now, so I'd like to ask a few questions.

This is my first time playing again since 1.03 or 4, I can't remember. I know about the implementation of the key warden stuff but nothing else. What's all been added that I should know about?

About the DH, here's a link to my profile.

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%C3%9CberErik-1461/hero/26006794

Where do I stand with the gear I have? What upgrades should I be looking at and what build? I have 100m or so to work with. Thanks!

Vodh

I don't know what I'd do without OWE. But using it I just took my monk from 'barely able to do MP4' to 'comfortably able to farm MP7' and it feels sooo right ;>

Vodh

Gearing up about 600 AR and dropping OWE was the best thing I've ever done.

I've had a hard enough time maintaining my meager 140k DPS and gearing to 32kHP and OWE as it is, never had a drop over 10m worth, so I'd never be able to afford it, and I couldn't go back to running below 100k DPS.

I've had a hard enough time maintaining my meager 140k DPS and gearing to 32kHP and OWE as it is, never had a drop over 10m worth, so I'd never be able to afford it, and I couldn't go back to running below 100k DPS.

I'm only running 155k with the same HP. Getting the AR up isn't cheap though.

Losing OWE is liberating if you can eventually do it.

This new monster density is awesome. Enjoying the patch, and can't wait for 1.0.9 if that's the one they're going to make changes to the item system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom