• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Yeah, that pub hack stuff was a rumor and never really happened. Just folks without authenticators getting hacked and looking for a reason beyond keylogging and hacked social sites where they used the same passwords as their Battlenet accounts.

Hot damn, the Fields of Misery is exhausting. So many mobs. I'm rolling Monk on the EU server in case anyone wants to do Mp10 runs with me.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rivalcycle-2188/hero/5097736

Rivalcycle#2188

Yeah, and the area before the Fields of Misery isn't a joke either (The area that is between Town and the Graveyard). Tons of monsters there too.

kennah

I'm game to get back into the swing of things for a week or two. kennah#1358

Be on tonight hopefully/probably depending on when the kids go to bed.

Vicros

I really hope they cut down on rare drops but tighten up their stat rolls. Right now most yellows are just blues.

I believe they've talked about doing exactly this in their itemization blog post:

Blizzard said:
Between Paragon levels, Nephalem Valor stacks, and all the other assorted buffs and bonuses, it's possible to find a tremendous amount of Rare items during any given play session. But the quality of these Rare items just isn't where it needs to be, so even though players see a lot of them, they no longer feel special. When you identify hundreds of Rares and only a small percentage are worth equipping or selling, those items become a burden rather than something to get excited about. "Great. Now I have to identify them all, read their stats, and I’m probably going to salvage all of them." I feel your pain.

We want to make it fun and rewarding to hunt down new items through play, and really instill the feeling that your next awesome item could come from anywhere, and is just around the corner. We need to get rid of some of the clutter first, so we plan to reduce the frequency at which Rare items drop down the road.

Before anyone panics and posts an angry comment in the forums, this doesn't mean we want players to earn even fewer good items. It just means we don't feel it's necessary to present the player with hundreds of bad Rares for every one that they might want. As an example, suppose items currently roll between 1-100 Intelligence. Now, imagine that we dropped 25% as many items, but the Intelligence range was instead somewhere around 75-100. In the end, you'd find fewer items, but more of the items you find would be worth equipping. That's our goal.

I like the sound of that. Even if they reduced the number of rare drops by 50%. The only thing I pick up now are one-handed weapons, rings, and amulets.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is 1.0.8 out? If so, looks like I'll be jumping back onto my WD to farm farm farm!

Also, is there a NEW running sheet of active players? I want to play with non-randoms...GAF folk seem like more fun.

E: If so, nicoga3000#1757 is me.

XShagrath

I'm Shagrath#1850 if anyone wants to add me. I'll probably be on later this evening, and also probably most of the day tomorrow since it's my day off.

Shifty76

Hot damn, the Fields of Misery is exhausting. So many mobs. I'm rolling Monk on the EU server in case anyone wants to do Mp10 runs with me.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rivalcycle-2188/hero/5097736

Rivalcycle#2188

Give MoE Backlash a whirl instead of MoC Overawe.
I knew backlash would be even more amazing in 1.08, but it's INSANE!
You also basically never die as with dual LS it heals you around 20k per second, assuming you're surrounded by mobs.

This is the build I'm running and it's destroying everything: http://d3up.com/b/13426/shyla-backlash-mp10-farming

Cipherr

You also basically never die as with dual LS it heals you around 20k per second, assuming you're surrounded by mobs.

I have been thinking about trying this, but Im just not sure how much I dodge, and how much it would be triggered. Maybe Ill turn off all damage text and leave on defensive text (if possible) and try to take note of how often its triggered.

Shifty76

I have been thinking about trying this, but Im just not sure how much I dodge, and how much it would be triggered. Maybe Ill turn off all damage text and leave on defensive text (if possible) and try to take note of how often its triggered.

My dodge is around 50% by default, so 57% with MoE or 63% with the 3 second bonus, and when I'm surrounded by 4 or more enemies the backlash is proccing constantly. At 3k+ heal per enemy per proc it's insane how fast my life globe refills just from backlash.

Fularu

Banned
Got Inna's Temperance to drop

Stats are as follow

78 str
90 dex
85 vit
9% ias
12% ms
1% crit
2 sockets

Good or bad roll? (can't check the AH obviously)

With 2 +46 str gems they gave me a 7.5k dps increase for a 246 hp loss (unbuffed dps is now 173k)

Also I just added you Opiate

Opiate

Stats are as follow

78 str
90 dex
85 vit
9% ias
12% ms
1% crit
2 sockets

With 2 +46 str gems they gave me a 7.5k dps increase for a 246 hp loss (unbuffed dps is now 173k)

Not bad, not great. It is definitely sellable.

Inna's pants are worth low millions unless you get a dex/vit roll, which ends up looking like

110-200 dex
20-100 vit

Get that combo, and the value explodes rapidly. My best guess for your pants is a couple million.

kennah

Stats are as follow

78 str
90 dex
85 vit
9% ias
12% ms
1% crit
2 sockets

I'll give ya a couple million for them. Looks like they'd be fun on my Barb. (full disclosure - I have no idea what they're actually worth).

Stats are as follow

78 str
90 dex
85 vit
9% ias
12% ms
1% crit
2 sockets

STR and VIT is a great roll for barbs. There's only one random slot on that piece and you managed to roll the double STR / VIT. It's a good roll.

MrDaravon

AH is down so I can't check, but is there actually still ANY market for Stormshields? I just got my first one since..1.04 maybe, and I don't remember ever seeing one with a socket?

nkyaSlq.jpg

Talaysen

I sold a Stormshield for a few million a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the stats though. Might've had crit.

Whoever hasn't added me yet, feel free to add. Talaysen#1383

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
STR and VIT is a great roll for barbs. There's only one random slot on that piece and you managed to roll the double STR / VIT. It's a good roll.

Yup, primary/vit rolls have taken over - same story for str dex or int, doesn't matter. All resist ones have lost almost all value. 70 AR / 9 IAS is like $1.50 now.

VALKYRAY

Banned

Stats are as follow

78 str
90 dex
85 vit
9% ias
12% ms
1% crit
2 sockets

barb will buy it high price!!! Worth hundreds of mil in patch 1.0.7

eek5

As someone who has flipped several inna's temps, those 70/80 str/vit pants are worth hundreds of mils. I think last I looked 70/70 was around 250 mil and 80/80 was outrageous. Who knows what the market will look like when AH resets tomorrow though but those are definitely worth cash. (Hell, even just 90+ str pants ALONE are in the 30's IIRC and these have a total of 60+ more stat)

If it gives you some perspective, I believe I sold a 70 str 40 vit pant for 120 mil a couple weeks ago..

neoism

;___; damn I'm a little scared for my account now some dude on the bnet forums got bant for saling gems smh... I sold 3 ruby RSG for like 250 mil and a few other stars, and flawless for almost 300mil total.. I have a feeling he sold them for 2bil a piece though.. but damn I really hope my account isn't fucked.. :( I've gained almost 3pl levels too.. glad I haven't found any good items though, most of the yellows seem a lot worse since this patch.. not sure if I should play anymore.. I didn't even know about the glitch til after they all sold.

eek5

;___; damn I'm a little scared for my account now some dude on the bet forum got bant for saling gems smh... I sold 3 ruby RSG for like 250 mil and a few other stars, and flawless for almost 300mil total.. I have a feeling he sold them for 2nil a piece though.. but damn I really hope my account isn't fucked.. :( I've gained almost 3pl levels too.. glad I haven't found any good items though, most of the yellows seem a lot worse since this patch.. not sure if I should play anymore.. I didn't even know about the glitch til after they all sold.

Banned or suspended? Suspension is probably an account rollback of some sort.

neoism

Banned or suspended? Suspension is probably an account rollback of some sort.

not sure...
starting to think that if any account with duped gold(even from saling items) will get a rollback... sucks..

also wow at those inna's I have some I roled a few weeks ago, but they don't have any vit just 80 str and 80dex.. they worthless

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Duo MP10 run with Vicros clocked in at 75m/hour over about an hour with some extra AFK time. Made it through festering woods, whimsyshire, weeping hollow and fields of misery - still had a few spots to go. Not bad at all. Usually getting more like 20-30m in high mp groups before.

Jrmint

Wow I love this patch!

Did an Act 1 run, got from Paragon 15-17, 4 legendary drops, 3 of which are good.

Also Demon Hunters are much better now! Rapid Fire is insane damage at little to no hatred cost. With bat companion I was able to spam it nonstop without running out of hatred. Was essentially solo'ing mobs in my 4 player group at MP5. Was an absolute blast. Honestly kind of worried Rapid Fire may get nerfed back down, but gonna take advantage while it's there.

Ingeniero

I played some today.
What a great patch, dat mob density in fields of misery damn.
Got tons of experience in party mp5.

Also got two drops, what do you guys think, worth anything? I think the zunimassa is quite good.

o2QxLaX.jpg

GiBdKsn.jpg

Fularu

Banned
As someone who has flipped several inna's temps, those 70/80 str/vit pants are worth hundreds of mils. I think last I looked 70/70 was around 250 mil and 80/80 was outrageous. Who knows what the market will look like when AH resets tomorrow though but those are definitely worth cash. (Hell, even just 90+ str pants ALONE are in the 30's IIRC and these have a total of 60+ more stat)

If it gives you some perspective, I believe I sold a 70 str 40 vit pant for 120 mil a couple weeks ago..

Well this could help me fuel a few upgrades if I sell them (they are, after all, a big upgrade for me as is over my vit less inna pants). For once I get a non terrible roll on a legendary, thanks :D

Kuntz

I'd love to play with you euros but I'm so weak I won't be able to, my wizard just got to 60.

And this is a no AH run (well I used some items I got from farming with my barb an that were gifted by strangers, but I still don't know if I'll survive any monster power)

Quixzlizx

I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about the gold dupe exploit yet, unless there is one and I just missed it.

Edit: Yeah, I'm just dumb.

I've been meaning to try this for a while, but got around to MP10 > Backlash last night. With Cyclone and EP it's a pretty powerful combo. SW was already doing enough damage to keep me alive when frozen, but with backlash it's pretty wild how durrable one becomes. It sucks not having MoC for elites, but whatever. It would be rad to play with two monks. One with backlash and one with MoC.

Shifty76

I've been meaning to try this for a while, but got around to MP10 > Backlash last night. With Cyclone and EP it's a pretty powerful combo. SW was already doing enough damage to keep me alive when frozen, but with backlash it's pretty wild how durrable one becomes. It sucks not having MoC for elites, but whatever. It would be rad to play with two monks. One with backlash and one with MoC.

Yeah, it's pretty insane. For elites I use blinding flash along with EP on as many things surrounding the elite as possible, as well as on the elite for the +12%

If you time it right you can take out the elite in one hit - try to get EP on 4-5 of the minions as well as the elite then pop BF just as one is about to die. All the minions should die, resulting in a massive explosion which gets multiplied by your BF.

Yeah, it's pretty insane. For elites I use blinding flash along with EP on as many things surrounding the elite as possible, as well as on the elite for the +12%

If you time it right you can take out the elite in one hit - try to get EP on 4-5 of the minions as well as the elite then pop BF just as one is about to die. All the minions should die, resulting in a massive explosion which gets multiplied by your BF.

Yeah champ packs are better for EP. Three lone elites suck though. I didn't drop cyclone for blinding flash though, but I love sucking everything up to me so it's a trade off I'm willing to sacrifice.

The added mob density has kept the times in which I only find a lone pack down too. So it wasn't all bad. There was actually points where I was laughing because I was surrounded by 50 mobs and an elite pack and thing were just blowing up all over the place.

The added durability was nice. You jsut have to keep the monsters by you, which I was already doing.

Very fun. Exploding Palm is the best skill in the game lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom