• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

Well looks like My 20 bliz bucks is now worth 600 million gold or 25 radiant star emeralds.

Hell year inflation.

Should I hold out for a bit or cash in now?

Also whats a good wizard build? I played a monk before I quit last time and kinda what to play a ranged character.

I'm kinda absent mined when I play. So don't really want to go full glass canon.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Edit: aww, backlash only applies to the monk. Doesn't trigger from group member dodges at all. Doesn't seem to snapshot any attributes either.

M.D

So, I've kinda been getting back into the game? Not really, just playing it more often lately, so I actually give a fuck about my gear and would want improve it

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Moti-2377/hero/21647692

Any tips on what should I look for? I've got 124.7M to spend
I think shoulders and boots could get an upgrade, also upgrade the gems?
not sure what else. I'm too lazy to figure it out now ;p not really up to date on the market prices and such

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Anyone want to do some ubers? I've never been able to cause I am/was too weak, but I upgraded my gear a did.

EU, Beru#1678

MrDaravon

It's weird how it seems like most people here are Barbs, but in public games I see an overwhelming majority of players as DH's.

Also public games with the MF/GF group boost are spoiling me. I usually do MP6 or MP7 and I get upset if I don't get at least 2 or 3 Legendaries on a decent sized run now. Shit is ridiculous, I love it.

eek5

It's weird how it seems like most people here are Barbs, but in public games I see an overwhelming majority of players as DH's.

Also public games with the MF/GF group boost are spoiling me. I usually do MP6 or MP7 and I get upset if I don't get at least 2 or 3 Legendaries on a decent sized run now. Shit is ridiculous, I love it.

Because barbs dont' want to play with other people. They run things twice as fast without shitty DH holding them back wheras DH is much faster when other people are doing the work.

Talents

Banned

2 or 3? u wot? I play on MP9 doing the act 1 run and I get 1 if I'm lucky. It's never a good one either.

What Paragon level are you? It makes a huge difference. In MP6 with 4 people and 5 stacks my MF is at I think just over 500%. I've played off and on for maybe 3-4 hours today and I've cleared 9 Legendaries, and that's only because half of the games I'm joining they're mostly done with the run. Also how fast are you clearing? If you're doing MP9 but you can do MP6 or 7 twice as fast, then yeah it's not as productive.

My paragon's 37, not that high but still I can clear my run in a decent speed I think, although I do think I need to upgrade some of my gear.

MrDaravon

2 or 3? u wot? I play on MP9 doing the act 1 run and I get 1 if I'm lucky. It's never a good one either.

What Paragon level are you? It makes a huge difference. In MP6 with 4 people and 5 stacks my MF is at I think just over 500%. I've played off and on for maybe 3-4 hours today and I've cleared 9 Legendaries, and that's only because half of the games I'm joining they're mostly done with the run. Also how fast are you clearing? If you're doing MP9 but you can do MP6 or 7 twice as fast, then yeah it's not as productive.

Because barbs dont' want to play with other people. They run things twice as fast without shitty DH holding them back wheras DH is much faster when other people are doing the work.

I'M HELPING!

Also, real talk: most public game DH players are shit.

Talents

Banned
ahring.png

So this ring is currently on the auction house for 90m bid for another 2 hours, I was going to try and get it but was wondering if it was worth it? How much is it worth?

No way is worth 90m imo.
CD is so low...

Really? It's a massive improvement on my shitty ring.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talents-1330/hero/8263036

MrDaravon

My paragon's 37, not that high but still I can clear my run in a decent speed I think, although I do think I need to upgrade some of my gear.

The combination of Paragon level + MP speed run makes a huge difference. I was actually just laughing about this with eek, but I just played with him on MP4 for about maybe 1-2 hours, we did an act 3 run (it's garbage now, holy shit), and act 4 run (BEST ACT) and two act 1 runs, and on MP4 I still cleared 4 legendaries. I actually got two in Whimseywhire. Remember Whimseyshire guys?

But out of 14 Legendaries today, only 4 were sellable for a total of about ~8 million. Not super terrible, but getting a lot of Legendaries isn't as cool as it sounds either.

edit: eek/tal, if my average damage on that Triumvirate I found had been a bit higher, would have been 100+ mil :(. Still worth 5-10 mil though, can't complain.

eek5

its pretty fair I'd say a little more sold mine for 300mil
jbdYeh8KTwZIR0_e.jpg

You got dex/vit AND max asi/cc rolls. The other ring is only max CC roll.

I wouldn't do it for 90. Gear value scales exponentially when you near perfection like that. The difference between that ring with 7, 8, and 9 asi is night and day.

Namius

Blizzard should take a page from Valve (a la portal 2), and give you the ps3 version of Diablo III by linking your PSN account. It might be just the thing to excite people who have gotten "bored" with the game. I also imagine Blizzard will want to have as many customers link their Blizzard accounts to their PSN ids, it serves a purpose for them as well.

eek5

Blizzard should take a page from Valve (a la portal 2), and give you the ps3 version of Diablo III by linking your PSN account. It might be just the thing to excite people who have gotten "bored" with the game. I also imagine Blizzard will want to have as many customers link their Blizzard accounts to their PSN ids, it serves a purpose for them as well.

I think the bigger value would be if they gave the PC version with the PS3 version.

The PS3 version looks terrible. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play that over PC unless you have friends locally or something. I can't imagine the "end game" being fun over there. (Look at what the density patch did for this game then imagine the density being 10 times less than what it is now). Fuck that.

Namius

I think the bigger value would be if they gave the PC version with the PS3 version.

The PS3 version looks terrible. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play that over PC unless you have friends locally or something. I can't imagine the "end game" being fun over there. (Look at what the density patch did for this game then imagine the density being 10 times less than what it is now). Fuck that.

The ps3 version does have the benefit of local multiplayer. I could see that being fun.

Yours is the more probable scenario, but I think if only to get some of the millions of people who purchased the PC version re-aquatinted with the community/game, and thus their auction houses, might be valuable to them.

MrDaravon

Didn't they say that the PS3 version would launch up to date with the PC version at the time? AKA shouldn't the increased mob density be in there?

Also this is kind of hilarious, but I sniped the Calamity on the right for 15 mil yesterday (1 day 12 hrs), then I just sniped the one on the left also for 15 mil (1 day 12 hrs). dat life on hit AND straight 4k dps increase.

Uk7DysY.jpg

Today is going to be a good day.

eek5

Didn't they say that the PS3 version would launch up to date with the PC version at the time? AKA shouldn't the increased mob density be in there?
The preview already had like 1/3 the desnsity of 1.0.7. It's a hardware limitation or a conscious decision to make the game that way.

M.D

So, I've kinda been getting back into the game? Not really, just playing it more often lately, so I actually give a fuck about my gear and would want improve it

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Moti-2377/hero/21647692

Any tips on what should I look for? I've got 124.7M to spend
I think shoulders and boots could get an upgrade, also upgrade the gems?
not sure what else. I'm too lazy to figure it out now ;p not really up to date on the market prices and such

Someone? ;o

Also, how much can this sell for? I looked for similar amulets on the AH, one is up for 129M and there was another one for 67M that is no longer on the AH... didn't notice if it the auction was about to end or what

PXtrk.jpg

Vodh

Your shoulders look like they could be relatively easy to upgrade (not sure how the pickup radius factors into things, but definitely worth looking at). Other than that, I'd say gems in weapons and an offhand? Pretty sure you could get better boots for cheap too.

eek5

Someone? ;o

Get IK boots. You can get 90 str 130 vit 75 res boots on US AH for 300k so I'm assuming they're free on EU or something. Hell even 160 str 90 vit boots are 8 mil which is really cheap.

After that craft some gloves or buy some rare gloves since you'll have the IK 2-set from boots and chest. You're missing out on a TON of DPS in your hand slot. ~100 str, CD, or ASI. You can gain quite a bit of EHP here depending on your crafting roll too.

Same w/ shoulders. You can gain a TON of EHP in the shoulder slot. Craft shoulders after gloves. I'd go with STR crafts to start but then switch to VIT crafts after you get something decent (VIT can roll vit/str of 300 a piece)

After you boost EHP from gloves/shoulders you can look at getting Innas pants if you're close to the next breakpoint or something (check d3rawr)

anyone able to help in what to upgrade next please

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ashley278-1524/hero/19059367

2H build is POOP if your dps is that low IMO. You either need a shitload of ASI or huge STR/CC/CD so that you can pull of ridiculous rends. You have neither. I'd switch to a DW build for now. Also, craft some bracers.

VALKYRAY

Banned

Also this is kind of hilarious, but I sniped the Calamity on the right for 15 mil yesterday (1 day 12 hrs), then I just sniped the one on the left also for 15 mil (1 day 12 hrs). dat life on hit AND straight 4k dps increase.

Uk7DysY.jpg

Today is going to be a good day.
No socket, windforce is way better.

Wesleyt

Neo Member
Any one got any upgrade advice for me? Other than the obvious upgrading my gems. I'm waiting for them to get down closer to the 20m mark before I upgrade them. Would like to get my monk to 200k and my barb closer to 225-250k. I use the same main hand weapon for both the barb and the monk. The monk is at 155k now and the barb is right at 200k. Here is my profile, sorry it may not link correctly I'm on my phone at the moment. I have about 1billion gold to spend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wesleyt-1236/

Also feel free to add me to your friends list. I play quite a bit.

M.D

Your shoulders look like they could be relatively easy to upgrade (not sure how the pickup radius factors into things, but definitely worth looking at). Other than that, I'd say gems in weapons and an offhand? Pretty sure you could get better boots for cheap too.

Get IK boots. You can get 90 str 130 vit 75 res boots on US AH for 300k so I'm assuming they're free on EU or something. Hell even 160 str 90 vit boots are 8 mil which is really cheap.

After that craft some gloves or buy some rare gloves since you'll have the IK 2-set from boots and chest. You're missing out on a TON of DPS in your hand slot. ~100 str, CD, or ASI. You can gain quite a bit of EHP here depending on your crafting roll too.

Same w/ shoulders. You can gain a TON of EHP in the shoulder slot. Craft shoulders after gloves. I'd go with STR crafts to start but then switch to VIT crafts after you get something decent (VIT can roll vit/str of 300 a piece)

After you boost EHP from gloves/shoulders you can look at getting Innas pants if you're close to the next breakpoint or something (check d3rawr)

Thanks for the answers.

My profile
updated so you can see the new items - I got the IK for 9.9M and crafted the shoulders and gloves like you said. I think the shoulders are fine for now? I'd like to try and craft better gloves, but I need more Demonic Essence

About my main weapon - I crafted some Axes but they were all crap. It's pretty expensive to buy the Iridescent Tear/Exquisite Essence

Revoh

I got banned :(

Original post
I didn't even know about the hack, a friend of mine called me on Skype yesterday, he was acting really weird and told me to join his game fast so I did, he said to pick all his gear up and to take his gold, this motherfucker had 38 billions! He gave me all of it and seconds later he got DC'd because Blizzard banned him. I've played a couple hours more and then went to sleep. Today I log into the site and found this...
aUhFURT.png
y2vCI0s.png

miSDiUH.png

f7TH3xg.png

I don't understand this... I don't know if my account is getting wipped at that date or if the ban is getting lifted, I'm not counting on that though
6Ttsxf1.png

Anyway, I've opened a ticket explaining what happened and I got a generic answer saying they will not unban me.

I hate Blizzard

eek5

Thanks for the answers.

My profile
updated so you can see the new items - I got the IK for 9.9M and crafted the shoulders and gloves like you said. I think the shoulders are fine for now? I'd like to try and craft better gloves, but I need more Demonic Essence

About my main weapon - I crafted some Axes but they were all crap. It's pretty expensive to buy the Iridescent Tear/Exquisite Essence

Those shoulders are pretty nice for mitigation. I think there is a lot of improvement available in terms of HP pool/EHP though. I'd probably start crossing my fingers and rolling vit shoulders at this point.

Yeah your gloves could be better.

You REALLY need some vit. I can't stress this enough. +12% life is nice but without vit to back it up it doesn't do much more than a mid vit roll.

As for your weapon. Yeah you could improve it but it's going to be expensive. If you wanted to go HOTA I'd recommend an AXE w/ just huge damage roll and str. If you mainly want to do WW then you can stay where you're at. I definitely would NOT craft weapons. Most of the crafted weapons you see on the AH are supposedly from a time where there was a glitch crafting and people made a shitload of crit/ls/mainstat weapons or something (I'm not 100% clear on this because I wasn't playing at the time)

V_Arnold

Ahahahaha. You should blame your friend, not Blizzard.

Yep, he totally fucked him up.

I cant believe that in 2013, gamers think that if they drop stuff to their friends that they stole/hacked, the owners of the game will magically not know what happened. I mean...really?

VALKYRAY

Banned
I got banned :(

Original post

y2vCI0s.png

miSDiUH.png

f7TH3xg.png

I don't understand this... I don't know if my account is getting wipped at that date or if the ban is getting lifted, I'm not counting on that though
6Ttsxf1.png

Anyway, I've opened a ticket explaining what happened and I got a generic answer saying they will not unban me.

I hate Blizzard
"...accounts may be permanently closed for extreme exploitation of diablo 3 economy."
Massive gem flipping during gold duping Will get you banned. A lot flippers have been banned.
In another word, if you waste blizzards time, they will ban you. They ain't got time to adjust all that flipping bullshit.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Grenade build.

Actually, is there really any scenario where a Windforce is ideal (excluding maybe follower)? I've never seen anyone recommend a 2 hander over the Manticore.
I didn't think about archery, i dont use it. guess I was wrong. But windforce hits a lot harder. higher dps. Socketed can get 110% crit damage.

MrDaravon

I didn't think about archery, i dont use it. guess I was wrong. But windforce hits a lot harder. higher dps. Socketed can get 110% crit damage.

Sure, but the entirety of the Grenade build revolves around you attacking faster, not necessarily DPS/CD; you need max APS. It's literally impossible to get as high APS with a Windforce that you can with a Calamity. If I needed a 2-hander I already have a good Manticore.

HenryHSH

First ammy craft on hardcore and I get this.

Yep... That'll do for a while.

Also had an int vile ward with vit drop earlier and crafted decent gloves / bracers. Good hardcore day. (unless it ends in death... lol)

Is a Rune Sword 1000dps socket 51% crit dam with ~150 dex and ~100 vit worth bothering to sell? Think it has like 60 STR too but I took that and avg damage modifier out and couldnt really find a real price to go with.

I have such a hard time figuring out what weapons sell and what dont.

I kind of only seem to use socket, LS, Crit Dam weapons as I'm all about surviveability.

Also is there a new fastest EXP grind? I'd like to grind a bit of Paragon.

eek5

Pub games.. lmao

Joined in and ported to a barb. He pulls the biggest pack of trash mobs I've ever seen over to me then sprints away. I kill it then look at the mini map and everyone is in a different corner of FoM. Dafuq are these guys doing lol

HyuFkzw.png

neoism

"...accounts may be permanently closed for extreme exploitation of diablo 3 economy."
Massive gem flipping during gold duping Will get you banned. A lot flippers have been banned.
In another word, if you waste blizzards time, they will ban you. They ain't got time to adjust all that flipping bullshit.

Still they should learn to code better and not take fucking forever for patches for them to have bugs and glitches in them anyway.. alot of innocent people got their accounts fucked..and didn't do anything but sale gems on the AH... The guys that showed that glitch to the world is on EU with like 5bil+ now and 2 or 3 character well into Pls its ridiculous they should have been IP banned.
Also fuck them for ever having a RMAH in this game.. the GAH isn't that bad. I know its completely optional but it changes people motivations the way they play the game. Really doesn't make for a good community.
First ammy craft on hardcore and I get this.

Yep... That'll do for a while.

Also had an int vile ward with vit drop earlier and crafted decent gloves / bracers. Good hardcore day. (unless it ends in death... lol)

didn't know you was a gaffer ima friend you

J2d

Finally gave up on tempest rushing and focused on a two 1hand weapons build, I've been pretty impatient when buying stuff but I think it turned out ok for the most part.

As I have been tempest rushing for a long time I'd appreciate some advice on what abilities I should be going for and weak spots in my gear, I don't have much left to spend though, figured letting go of one of the inna's pieces and getting a better echoing fury is what I should be focusing on.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J2d-2257/hero/17279340
http://d3up.com/b/613446

I also thought I would be swimming in legendaries, haven't seen a single one in 3 hours on mp5-6 =/

Ingeniero

It was a great farming weekend.
I played for aproximately 10 hours, average 60mill exp per hour, got from PL37 to PL45, feels good man.
Got 14 legendaries lol, not bad, most of them crap except the Zunimassas vision I posted before, I am trying to sell it for 19mill nobody bites yet...

This is my char now
http://d3up.com/b/456736/tyrion Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Lots of progress, still a lot to be done but I am optimistic.
I can play mp6 no biggie, mp7 too except act4.
I want an IK armour, but I need another item to give +12% speed to make up for losing the Tyraels.

Great patch, so much fun, act 1,2 and 4 are dope now, great job.

Cheers mates.

Cipherr

Pub games.. lmao

Joined in and ported to a barb. He pulls the biggest pack of trash mobs I've ever seen over to me then sprints away. I kill it then look at the mini map and everyone is in a different corner of FoM. Dafuq are these guys doing lol

HyuFkzw.png

I have been in games like that. NFI whats wrong with these people that do that. You miss out on loot and exp that way. Its moronic.

Vodh

I hate Blizzard

I feel sorry for you that you got banned because of your friend being a dickhead, but the only thing in your defense is that you didn't know it was from illegal sources. If that would have been considered by Blizzard in a situation where they're dealing with a bunch of people who obviously have little concern for the rules, they would have to lift the bans on all the accounts of people who were accessories to the duping exploit since nothing would stop them from saying they didn't know. They probably received hundreds of such tickets, hence the generic response. Again, sorry for your ban, but it's not Blizzard's fault. Maybe if you've opened the ticket before they've suspended your account it would have gone down differently...

MrDaravon

Just found this, pretty awesome considering I'd been meaning to buy a decent one for my Scoundrel, but didn't want to shell out for one. Tempting to sell it for 30-35 mil, but I'll get more practical use from on it.

qRWp8By.jpg

Not a bad day for me; I didn't play all day, but hit Paragon level 80 and cleared maybe 5 mil in just gold. Got 17 legendaries today, but outside of this one only three were sellable, and all for only a couple hundred thousand. Good weekend in general though, I went from Paragon 73 to 80, and didn't even play all day both days, and a lot of that was solo play today (grouping is much more effective now), got a good SoJ and Calamity upgrade, and am back up to almost what I started the weekend with gold-wise.

Best thing that happened today was playing with a DH who had no business playing on MP6 who was using Nether Tentacles because Gloom was "for pussies" who died about 20 times.

Maledict

Was wondering if folks could help me with some advice on what to do next.

My only max level character is my wizard, whose now paragon level 22.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Maledict-1298/hero/85503

So far I haven't found a single item worth using over the gear he's currently wearing, which was ultra-cheap Archon farming gear I bought off the AH. Have only found one set item in total and a bunch of poor legendaries so far, and no rares worth mentioning.

I'm slightly stuck as to what to do next. Whilst farming MP1 is all well and fun, I'd love to be able to do Ubers (just for the xp boost on the ring) and higher level MP runs. From my understanding archon builds generally don't work well at higher MP levels. Problem is I only have 8.5 million gold, and have no ability or skill at flipping items in the AH so playing the game is my only main way of advancing.

What sort of builds should I be looking at next, and what items should I be aiming for?

DSmalls84

Was wondering if folks could help me with some advice on what to do next.

My only max level character is my wizard, whose now paragon level 22.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Maledict-1298/hero/85503

So far I haven't found a single item worth using over the gear he's currently wearing, which was ultra-cheap Archon farming gear I bought off the AH. Have only found one set item in total and a bunch of poor legendaries so far, and no rares worth mentioning.

I'm slightly stuck as to what to do next. Whilst farming MP1 is all well and fun, I'd love to be able to do Ubers (just for the xp boost on the ring) and higher level MP runs. From my understanding archon builds generally don't work well at higher MP levels. Problem is I only have 8.5 million gold, and have no ability or skill at flipping items in the AH so playing the game is my only main way of advancing.

What sort of builds should I be looking at next, and what items should I be aiming for?

You could try crafting some amulets and shoulders. It can take a while to craft a really good item but you can get large improvements for pretty cheap that way.

On a side note I actually found an upgrade yesterday for my Witch Doctor. I found a 6 CC Zunimassa's Vision which would have been a crazy expensive upgrade. Feels Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom