• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here's an interesting idea:

Take a tanky TR monk or WW barb and run it through all the zones in act 1 that are remotely worth running, gathering all the mobs next to each waypoint/exit/whatever.

Have 3 high-dps juggernauts join your group. Give one of them group leadership, then rejoin with an alt you want to level (or just swap build/gear on your main for kill time).

Earn (or sell?) record-breaking exp/hour.

Edit: Hmm, doesn't seem to work - they don't follow very far. Not sure how that Kongor guy did it unless he carefully brought in a few mobs at a time, at zombie walking pace...

MrDaravon

Just got the design for Radiant Star Emerald to drop. Is that still worth decent money?

Uhhhh no. Not unless the AH prices are totally fucked when the AH comes back up, which I suppose is possible. For comparison, last weekend I sold a Marquise Emerald plan for 14k.

MrDaravon

During the past few hours they've been rolling back people who they suspended instead of banning and making all their stuff account bound.

Wait, what? Not seeing this anywhere. So they're rolling them back but then ALSO making their stuff account bound? I don't get the point of that, if they rolled them back why make their stuff account bound?

hello double post :(

Cipherr

Wait, what? Not seeing this anywhere. So they're rolling them back but then ALSO making their stuff account bound? I don't get the point of that, if they rolled them back why make their stuff account bound?

Yep I saw a few posts about this too. Apparently the BoA is a side effect. They recently made anyone who rolls back gear BoA to prevent the rollback duplications. So when they went in (in the last 24 hours) and started rolling back everyone who was suspended, they lost everything they duped/bought with duped gold, and all their original legit gear is also BoA as well :lol.

Sucks to abuse an exploit man. Thats probably a bit unfair to them, but Im not exactly crying for the folks that intentionally abused it.

jkanownik

On April 2nd the changed the rollback program to automatically account bind all items. That happened ahead of this. The only news is rollbacks vs bans.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8481098275

Is 600 RA all you need to drop OWE? I havent ever tried dropping it, but I am almost sure I meet that mark. Would be nice to have a free passive.

Edit: Yep I have 626 RA.

I do MP10 solo just fine. Not sure what your sustain is. I have dual LS swords. I get one shot with my low life sometimes, but at P100 I drop the red gem for a purple and that problem goes away. I'm still trying to craft some AR on my gloves / ammy so I can get dex/vit on my belt as well though.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

If I do MP 6-7, I drop resolve and go with another spirit builder. MP5 and below I drop all defensive passives and use fleet foot as well.

EDIT: I should clairify that the backlash build with dual LS weapons has increased my sustain a lot. On MP7 and below I would probably go back to MoC.

MrDaravon

Ohhhhh shit, I totally forgot that they did that now on rollbacks across the board. That's actually kind of hilarious. As far as I can tell they only seem to be suspending people who really took advantage of it though right as far as actually duping and not just selling gems right? Like I haven't seen anyone here mention getting suspended for selling RS gems to take advantage of fuckup.

neoism

Ohhhhh shit, I totally forgot that they did that now on rollbacks across the board. That's actually kind of hilarious. As far as I can tell they only seem to be suspending people who really took advantage of it though right as far as actually duping and not just selling gems right? Like I haven't seen anyone here mention getting suspended for selling RS gems to take advantage of fuckup.

Its happening though, been on the bnet forums for awhile , its mostly ppl that made a few bil though, but me saling my 3 little RSG... I'm still just been waiting for a suspension... :( I had no clue about a gold dupe either, but I made about 300mil over all my gems I kept a few for my barb..Of course everyone thinks that all that is duped gold, but alot of people sold/bought gems right when the patch went live, without anyone knowing of a gold dupe glitch. I really don't want all my stuff BOA.

Its funny everyone over there is calling for bannings or suspensions for anyone that "took advantage" of the gem price increase... lol everyone since this game launched has over price shit I remember those low level hamburgers going for $250 when the game first came out. Its like a witch hunt over there.. Blizz really is fucking over innocent people.. its a shame. I really shouldn't have leveled so much already gained like 4 pls but its so easy to level now. It's probably going to be closed til Monday at the earliest.. smh

Opiate

I've been suspended, much to my frustration. As most of my friends on here know, I enjoy the AH more than I enjoy the actual game, and I use the RMAH regularly. I actually discovered the exploit independently, and rather than repeat the exploit, I immediately called Blizzard and made sure that they knew about the problem.

My reward for this, apparently, is a suspended account. Pretty frustrating.

inky

That sucks man, I hope that they sort you out pretty soon. You together with Neoism is pretty much all the activity I see when I've launched the game lately =/

neoism

I've been suspended, much to my frustration. As most of my friends on here know, I enjoy the AH more than I enjoy the actual game, and I use the RMAH regularly. I actually discovered the exploit independently, and rather than repeat the exploit, I immediately called Blizzard and made sure that they knew about the problem.

My reward for this, apparently, is a suspended account. Pretty frustrating.

damn man sorry to hear it, if you only did it once and reported it you should be fine, but they will probably make all your items BOA, from what I'm hearing on the bnet forums. Some players are getting emails saying their account are ready to play, and have been audited but still can't log in... smh. A rollback 6 hours later that day was the best thing to do, but Blizz has truly screwed up lol (goes without saying) Hope you get your account back though man.. whats even worse is the streamer that basically fucked it for anyone is now on EU server and alright has like 4 characters at 60+, and over 3billion in gold -___- why they didn't IP ban him I don't know.
And just like that, I get an email letting me know that all my AH transactions have been cleared and are not being rescinded. That's good.

I'm still suspended, though.

damn.
That sucks man, I hope that they sort you out pretty soon. You together with Neoism is pretty much all the activity I see when I've launched the game lately =/

lol I'm afraid to log out lol... shouldn't have played at all...
One of the worse things to come out of this is the next patch. They will take even longer now. Compared to say GGG they patch the shit out of POE, just doesn't make since why they take so damn long. Once its released its always plagued with bugs and glitches anyway.. That's the patch we really needed. I really don't understand why make the game better with leveling and multiplayer, but don't touch itemization.. I really can tell too, that most all yellows are waaay worse then before.
Is sucks for a first time Blizzard customer too, I never really liked this type of game, but when I first seen D3 I was like @_@.. funny that its really not anything like the first video seen of the game. I wish I liked D2 I played if a few months before D3 but its a little to hardcore for me, I hated your items dropping on death, but it did have alot of cool stuff in it though.

Opiate

And just like that, I get an email letting me know that all my AH transactions have been cleared and are not being rescinded. That's good.

I'm still suspended, though.

inky

lol I'm afraid to log out lol... shouldn't have played at all...
One of the worse things to come out of this is the next patch. They will take even longer now. Compared to say GGG they patch the shit out of POE, just doesn't make since why they take so damn long. Once its released its always plagued with bugs and glitches anyway.. That's the patch we really needed. I really don't understand why make the game better with leveling and multiplayer, but don't touch itemization.. I really can tell too, that most all yellows are waaay worse then before.

Yep, it's a bunch of crap. I was playing for a bit a few hours ago, but there's a bug now with the item display option. I had it set to "always show" items, but it somehow reset to push to show... except pushing to show doesn't work so the names only appear once then fade away and I have to hover with my mouse over each item individually. Yea, try doing that when you have a party of 4 constantly moving forward. It's a huge hassle and something a company of 20 people would fart out a patch to fix it without downtime.

Apparently they do have a fix, but they have to group it with another patch due to their content distribution system because they did it all backwards from the get go, and pushing that one fix would take hours of maintenance. That's Blizzard for you.

At this rate we will be lucky if the itemization fixes make it in by August.

Cipherr

Suspending people that just sold their gems on the AH? Now thats a bit much... I was gonna sell mine but I was trying to grind out some paragon levels. Crazy to think they would have suspended me for that.

eek5

AH is "up"

UPDATES:

> 5/10/13 8:10 p.m. PDT: Maintenance has concluded, and both the gold and real-money Auction Houses are now live. Gold trades have also been reactivated. Please note that we have temporarily reverted the stack size for gold on the real-money Auction House from 10,000,000 to 1,000,000. (At the moment, there’s an active bug preventing gold stack sizes from displaying correctly in the Auction House at values higher than 1,000,000, so we've temporarily reversed this change the until we can fix it.)

Important: To help reduce load and improve the overall stability of the auction house system, the game may temporarily limit traffic to the auction house, especially following maintenance. This is done automatically, and players may occasionally see a grayed-out auction house button as a result. If the auction house button is grayed-out, please wait a few minutes and then try again.

Slayerx

We'll also be donating all proceeds from auctions conducted by the suspended or banned players—including all of THEIR sale proceeds that we intercepted as well as our transaction fee—to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
This amuses me.

jns

I always wondered what the legal ramifications might be of an auction house like this in a video game that might be exploited/abused.

hopefully those who didn't abuse the problem don't get bent over to badly.

koji

Spirit Vessel just triggered for the first time on my P8 hardcore WD (started playing it again a couple weeks ago) and here I was starting to doubt having it as a skill. I'm still not really up for MP1 but the bonusses are too juicy to pass up...

It was a rare savage beast btw. Hit me for a ton, used a WP back to town till spirit vessel was off cooldown. Skill actually feels a bit like cheating in hardcore.

In other news, EU hardcore AH prices are still way too high :-(

Into

So do you guys believe they are forced to introduce a new currency now in the inevitable expansion pack? The gold situation in the game is obviously broken and the economy cannot be repaired, or can it?

They would still keep gold, but have another currency. But to make this work they would have to make it impossible for bots to farm it, in order that this does not happen again, so how do you pull off such a thing?

Maybe if the currency dropped only from champ packs, and they developed the A.I for these to such a extent that you could not brute force your way to kill them, it might kill of bots. Yeah i know, its unrealistic and wishful thinking

MrDaravon

Unfuckingbelievable, pretty much everyone on Cox ISP can't stay connected to any Blizzard game since early this morning due to a route issue on Cox's end. I literally can't even stay connected to the game long enough to do a search to price a SINGLE goddamn item on the AH. I have a full tab and a half of items I need to put up, it's finally the weekend and I can't even play or sell items, so fucking pissed off. Knowing Cox this will not be fixed this weekend either. Fuck everything.

Edit: Used a bootleg 3G (lol) connection to get online to at least do AH stuff. About half of my stash was unsellable (expected), ironically it looks like my biggest winners might be a 15-level reduced Staff, and a surprisingly well rolled Cindercoat (what). Connection is iffy using this, I might be able to do some solo runs on low MP or something. Still pissed, but at least I was able to clear out my stash.

kennah

Heh. My IK Chest that used to be worth 80 million is now barely worth 2.

In other news. The IK Helm that was worth 2 million is now worth 80. So I guess it all balances out.

MrDaravon

Heh. My IK Chest that used to be worth 80 million is now barely worth 2.

In other news. The IK Helm that was worth 2 million is now worth 80. So I guess it all balances out.

Weird. It seems like on some items prices are all over the place right now, was looking for a Stone of Jordan (which already has kind of weird pricing) and prices are all over the map. Scored one for 10 mil that was 6% cold damage, +10 disc, +11% Grenade damage and +26% Elite damage. Pretty sure they weren't going for that low before (especially on the cold damage).

I also need to get a Calamity so I can return yours haha. The SoJ is going to replace the ring that has my only other LoH on it, the one you lent me is honestly pretty good but I need to try to get one that has even higher LoH to make up that difference hopefully >_>

So do you guys believe they are forced to introduce a new currency now in the inevitable expansion pack? The gold situation in the game is obviously broken and the economy cannot be repaired, or can it?

They would still keep gold, but have another currency. But to make this work they would have to make it impossible for bots to farm it, in order that this does not happen again, so how do you pull off such a thing?

Maybe if the currency dropped only from champ packs, and they developed the A.I for these to such a extent that you could not brute force your way to kill them, it might kill of bots. Yeah i know, its unrealistic and wishful thinking

Actually the fact you can buy any good item with gold year after game released is miracle and proof of good design in itself.

kennah

Haha, the market is so amusing right now. I spent 4 million gold on my barb and went from 137k to 157k dps (gaining 5k life in the process)

I really have to actually start playing the game so I have those essences for crafting. Got a great amulet, but nothing else.

Amulet

227 Str
8% Attack Speed
78 Resist All
138 Intelligence
25% Magic Find
Socket

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Actually the fact you can buy any good item with gold year after game released is miracle and proof of good design in itself.

Yeah, the 15% takes its toll.

Per 2B trade, the 300 million gold eats up 600 bot hours (assuming 500k/hour farming). Some people came out ahead (I missed out, had to work late that day) but other than that it's not like the economy is destroyed. Just from eyeballing it, gold prices jumped about 50%, so gold value dropped 33%. The people affected the most were the ones who had a lot of gold before the patch. It's really not a big deal to me.

So now I Have an email saying the review is complete and my suspension has been lifted, but I still can't log in.

Great.

Sucks. Hopefully they sort that out soon.

kennah

What kinda stuff did you get for your Barb with 4 mill? I'd like to start upgrading him but don't know where to start.
Specifically i searched for

Ik chest 160 str 90 vit
Witching hour 125 str
Inna temp str
Mempo 150 str
Skorn 330 str 190 crit

And found ones that gave me lots of plusses for not much money. Make sure to remove gems before searching

Vodh

(EU) Vodh#2936 if anyone wants to fill up their friendlist, or even better, would be up for some runs (can do up to MP7 comfortably). Got some machines too, and wouldn't mind someone tagging along to slay some ubers either!

Opiate

Had to call to get it all sorted out, but I finally have my account back.

Nothing is locked to my account, but they rolled me back almost two days. Lost 4 paragon levels, back up to ~9B.

Cipherr

Nothing is locked to my account, but they rolled me back almost two days. Lost 4 paragon levels, back up to ~9B.

Nine beeeeeez. Jesus, maybe I should have let you tell me how to make some REAL money. Thats crazy.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

i'd be pissed, but then again i'd never be able to get 4 levels in 2 days.

MrDaravon

I need to make a Barb alt at some point so then I can ask people here to help me gear :p

Also I've never even had 1 billion, much less 9 :(. The most money I've ever had is maybe 300 mil, but 99% of the time I float between like 10-40. That's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom