• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this, pretty awesome considering I'd been meaning to buy a decent one for my Scoundrel, but didn't want to shell out for one. Tempting to sell it for 30-35 mil, but I'll get more practical use from on it.

qRWp8By.jpg

Not a bad day for me; I didn't play all day, but hit Paragon level 80 and cleared maybe 5 mil in just gold. Got 17 legendaries today, but outside of this one only three were sellable, and all for only a couple hundred thousand. Good weekend in general though, I went from Paragon 73 to 80, and didn't even play all day both days, and a lot of that was solo play today (grouping is much more effective now), got a good SoJ and Calamity upgrade, and am back up to almost what I started the weekend with gold-wise.

Best thing that happened today was playing with a DH who had no business playing on MP6 who was using Nether Tentacles because Gloom was "for pussies" who died about 20 times.
Nice stuff! I've seen your posts on Reddit as I'm also trying to go the Grenades build. It's going decently so far but I need to get some of your luck for sniping stuff off the AH.

MrDaravon

Nice stuff! I've seen your posts on Reddit as I'm also trying to go the Grenades build. It's going decently so far but I need to get some of your luck for sniping stuff off the AH.

Well except for the Calamity and SoJ everything was gear I already had, which is why I like the build; can swap out two pieces and run something else. I was lucky in that I already had a good Nat chest with Grenades % though. And on the SoJ I'm not sure if I got a deal or not; the market was in flux, but also I paid more for a Cold % one which still gives the dps boost, but I realized right after that since Grenades are fire damage I'm not getting the cold effect anyway -_-.

Talaysen

Was wondering if folks could help me with some advice on what to do next.

My only max level character is my wizard, whose now paragon level 22.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Maledict-1298/hero/85503

So far I haven't found a single item worth using over the gear he's currently wearing, which was ultra-cheap Archon farming gear I bought off the AH. Have only found one set item in total and a bunch of poor legendaries so far, and no rares worth mentioning.

I'm slightly stuck as to what to do next. Whilst farming MP1 is all well and fun, I'd love to be able to do Ubers (just for the xp boost on the ring) and higher level MP runs. From my understanding archon builds generally don't work well at higher MP levels. Problem is I only have 8.5 million gold, and have no ability or skill at flipping items in the AH so playing the game is my only main way of advancing.

What sort of builds should I be looking at next, and what items should I be aiming for?

Archon build does work on higher MP levels if you're grouping, though your current gear probably isn't good enough for it yet. I've ran it up to MP6, though I'm not really comfortable with it past MP5 at best.

For the really high MP levels, you're going to want to look into the Critical Mass Wicked Wind build. It involves stacking lots of attack speed (you want at least 2.31 attacks per second), critical chance (at least 40%, though higher is always better), and arcane power on crit (at least 20).

Shifty76

Finally gave up on tempest rushing and focused on a two 1hand weapons build, I've been pretty impatient when buying stuff but I think it turned out ok for the most part.

As I have been tempest rushing for a long time I'd appreciate some advice on what abilities I should be going for and weak spots in my gear, I don't have much left to spend though, figured letting go of one of the inna's pieces and getting a better echoing fury is what I should be focusing on.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J2d-2257/hero/17279340
http://d3up.com/b/613446

I also thought I would be swimming in legendaries, haven't seen a single one in 3 hours on mp5-6 =/

Looks pretty solid to me.
I'd really try to get dual LS - makes a big difference.

I'm absolutely not a fan of EF on a monk. As a monk I want things near me, taking dmg from my SW and backlash, not running off all over the place. A LS socket WKL is likely outside your budget range, but you could pick up a CD/socket one with 20+ lightning dmg for around 10m or so last I checked. You'd likely lose sheet dps but would gain actual dps. I'd keep a spare offhand with LS/socket (similar to your mainhand) that you can switch to as needed.

You could probably sell that helm for a good amount of cash if you're not planning on using TR any more and replace it with one that has either +FoT or +SW damage. That'll give you a nice offsheet dps boost too.

In terms of builds, I'm still digging backlash - it's fantastic in 1.08. This is my setup for MP10: http://d3up.com/b/13426

jkanownik

Blizzard posted a lot of details about the exploit and the resolution:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796520380?page=1

I had my doubts about the targeted rollbacks vs a system wide rollback, but it appears to have had little impact on the economy. RS gems are going for about what I expected them to before the exploit. The RMAH is also surprisingly active. I've sold 19 items since the AH came back up on Friday.

Sigmaah

Just found an Arcane Dex ammy and I need help pricing it. Idk if the extra armor and arcane res boots up the price or not. Thanks

27 Max damage
107 Dex
86 Int
10 Crit chance
90 Crit damage
37 Arcane res
331 Armor

I'm absolutely not a fan of EF on a monk. As a monk I want things near me, taking dmg from my SW and backlash, not running off all over the place. A LS socket WKL is likely outside your budget range, but you could pick up a CD/socket one with 20+ lightning dmg for around 10m or so last I checked. You'd likely lose sheet dps but would gain actual dps. I'd keep a spare offhand with LS/socket (similar to your mainhand) that you can switch to as needed.

You could probably sell that helm for a good amount of cash if you're not planning on using TR any more and replace it with one that has either +FoT or +SW damage. That'll give you a nice offsheet dps boost too.

In terms of builds, I'm still digging backlash - it's fantastic in 1.08. This is my setup for MP10: http://d3up.com/b/13426

I had one for a while and got rid of it too. They're great for base DPS icnrease, but the fear is beyond annoying. When I swapped to EP and Cyclone I decided it ws actively working against what I was striving for. Sometimes just playing with someone who rocks one can be annoying. Especially when applying EP's on elites. Keeping them grouped together for the AoE damage is next to impossible with an EF.

Blizzard posted a lot of details about the exploit and the resolution:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796520380?page=1

I had my doubts about the targeted rollbacks vs a system wide rollback, but it appears to have had little impact on the economy. RS gems are going for about what I expected them to before the exploit. The RMAH is also surprisingly active. I've sold 19 items since the AH came back up on Friday.

That's good news.

Opiate

Yes, I got a very light "sentence." I got everything back (with no extra gold, of course), and nothing is account bound. The email said this was a "special" rollback without penalty.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eravulgaris-2648/hero/130505

This is my barb. I have fairly decent gear, but I'm still lacking in the DPS departement (I think). Maybe my build isn't good? It's a fairly standard WW build, but there's something missing. Maybe I need another weapon? Life on hit maybe?

Should I dual wield or is a skorn enough?

Thanks in advance guys!

I dual wield. My guys http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243.

Yesterday Henry joined my group and said a rare sighting a dual wielding barb, but I thought it was the norm lol, I been outta Diablo for a couple months though and just getting back in for the new patch.

Giggzy

When does crafting become a waste of time? I'm not sure if it's worth the small chance of a very minimal upgrade. Not sure if I'm at that point yet though. I haven't played this game enough to get a grasp on items and whatnot.

What are peoples favorite non Act 3 XP runs?

I gained 11 paragon levels this weekend but the normal run is a bit stale.

Since the patch, both act I and act II have viable spots to farm. Act I you get your stack in festering woods and then hit up weeping hollow and fields of misery. There's other areas that are good too, but those are really sweet spots. For act II I get my stack in the mines and road to alcarnus. Then I do the whole oasis and desolate sands + VoA.

My favorite spot right now is act II. I love farming the oasis. Using my this backlash build is hilarious there. Things like snakes all swarm inward and it gets easy to pull some massive packs of monsters. Other than VoA, act II is probably one of my least ran acts to it's refreshing right now as well.

Act IV still blows chunks.

I haven't ran act III since the patch. HAHA

Shifty76

Since the patch, both act I and act II have viable spots to farm. Act I you get your stack in festering woods and then hit up weeping hollow and fields of misery. There's other areas that are good too, but those are really sweet spots. For act II I get my stack in the mines and road to alcarnus. Then I do the whole oasis and desolate sands + VoA.

My favorite spot right now is act II. I love farming the oasis. Using my this backlash build is hilarious there. Things like snakes all swarm inward and it gets easy to pull some massive packs of monsters. Other than VoA, act II is probably one of my least ran acts to it's refreshing right now as well.

Yeah, I hit up Oasis for the first time in 1.08 last night as I noticed I was running low on A2 keys. That place is crazy, and snakes are basically free xp. You're using exploding palm right? Love it when you get an EP explosion chain and the entire screen just fills with loot.

neoism

I dual wield too!

Yesterday I grouped with several other barbs and they were all rocking Skorns

I used to dual wield as will but I like the skorn build, with rend is amazing... especially with 11.3 LS. It's not so good for mp8+ ubers though I dies a fuck load the other day I did it with J and other gaffers... my way weaker monk not even PL28 had like 3k LOH and never died...
without using Bloodlust I have 8.3los abd 166k dps, but with weapon-master I have 190k.. not sure why I suck at high Mp I can do mp5-6 by myself though
guess its my shitty All res thing the max is like 477on fire or something I stopped using war cry
my barb has really good fury regen like 3 per sec almost but still I'm still out of fury alot.. I just recently change to bash because it 8 fury regen per hit..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/28728058
really want to keep my Ik bonuses but not sure really what to improve..

Well except for the Calamity and SoJ everything was gear I already had, which is why I like the build; can swap out two pieces and run something else. I was lucky in that I already had a good Nat chest with Grenades % though. And on the SoJ I'm not sure if I got a deal or not; the market was in flux, but also I paid more for a Cold % one which still gives the dps boost, but I realized right after that since Grenades are fire damage I'm not getting the cold effect anyway -_-.
Well if you do find any upgrades again for your weapon, I'd be happy to pay you for your castoffs as it seems we're looking for much the same.

J2d

I had one for a while and got rid of it too. They're great for base DPS icnrease, but the fear is beyond annoying. When I swapped to EP and Cyclone I decided it ws actively working against what I was striving for. Sometimes just playing with someone who rocks one can be annoying. Especially when applying EP's on elites. Keeping them grouped together for the AoE damage is next to impossible with an EF.
Thanks for the input! Maybe I'll skip the EF and go for a WKL once I get some funds, feels like there are so many options to play around with now when you don't have to be limited to a few skills and fear IAS anymore.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I used to dual wield as will but I like the skorn build, with rend is amazing... especially with 11.3 LS. It's not so good for mp8+ ubers though I dies a fuck load the other day I did it with J and other gaffers... my way weaker monk not even PL28 had like 3k LOH and never died...
without using Bloodlust I have 8.3los abd 166k dps, but with weapon-master I have 190k.. not sure why I suck at high Mp I can do mp5-6 by myself though
guess its my shitty All res thing the max is like 477on fire or something I stopped using war cry
my barb I have really good fury regen like 3 per sec almost but still I'm still out of fury alot.. I just recently change to bash because it 8 fury regen per hit..
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/28728058
really want to keep my Ik bonuses but not sure really what to improve..
Unless you can get what this guy has
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wither-1117/hero/16987009
There's no point to keep full IK set. the only bonus worth keeping from IK is 2 piece all resis. melee reduction is so worthless and fury regen is so minimum even pro PVP players dont want have full IK. you can get high strength and ehp from Ice climbers, decent DPS from Zunimasa boots. Mempo with 4%+ crit > IK helm any day. Huge DPS upgrade from Witching Hour.

Wesleyt

Neo Member
Any one got any upgrade advice for me? Other than the obvious upgrading my gems. I'm waiting for them to get down closer to the 20m mark before I upgrade them. Would like to get my monk to 200k and my barb closer to 225-250k. I use the same main hand weapon for both the barb and the monk. The monk is at 155k now and the barb is right at 200k. Here is my profile, sorry it may not link correctly I'm on my phone at the moment. I have about 1billion gold to spend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wesleyt-1236/

Also feel free to add me to your friends list. I play quite a bit.

Anybody with any advice? Bought a new echoing fury for my monk and got a bid in on a better natalyas ring. If I get the ring it will put me at 190k. Right now I'm at 180k.

Yeah, I hit up Oasis for the first time in 1.08 last night as I noticed I was running low on A2 keys. That place is crazy, and snakes are basically free xp. You're using exploding palm right? Love it when you get an EP explosion chain and the entire screen just fills with loot.

Yeah ... EP with backlash in the oasis is hilarious. I farmed act I enough doing ubers that act II just feels more refreshing to me as well.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

In act 2, the west/east waterway are good. I think you get there running backward from ancient path.

ZK dungeons are good too. Just need to be pretty tanky for the storm one. So many constructs...

neoism

Unless you can get what this guy has
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wither-1117/hero/16987009
There's no point to keep full IK set. the only bonus worth keeping from IK is 2 piece all resis. melee reduction is so worthless and fury regen is so minimum even pro PVP players dont want have full IK. you can get high strength and ehp from Ice climbers, decent DPS from Zunimasa boots. Mempo with 4%+ crit > IK helm any day. Huge DPS upgrade from Witching Hour.
thanks for the tips... so has anyone had weird graphical glitches in the last few days the game froze on me fir the first time in 500 hours and the last game i just had missing floor textures, and weird flashing I thought was lighting thought my card was fucked but it was its normal 66c temp not sure wtf happen. Even weirder I turned my computer off last night and i woke up and it was was on for some reason lol freaked me out I gotten 3 years and over 1000 hours of gaming out of my 5870 hope its not going out on me

MrDaravon

75 dex amulets crafted on my DH, wound up getting one completely by accident that was an upgrade for my Monk alt (not huge though, 4k dps and 5k ehp) which I didn't even realize until I went to give it to my Scoundrel on my Monk's character that it was an upgrade lol. While that's nice, and I can sell my Monk's current amulet to offset the crafting costs today, that's still depressing. I have the side benefit of essentially crafting for 2 classes, but I have no idea how people can just do hundreds of these things; the potential is amazing on amulets and every once in a while you'll see someone who got a near perfect roll, but most of them are total shit and the crafting costs are way higher on them.

It's also kind of sad though that even assuming I have to buy the gems/tomes needed to craft them, this is still cheaper than trying to buy an upgrade on the AH. One day! Also I'm at 200+ crafts on gloves for my Monk without an upgrade, and my Monk's gloves are NOT that good. It's honestly kind of annoying at this point.

eek5

Thanks for the advice, but I get bored with just playing one class. I can farm mp 10 with my barb. Would just like to get the monk there too.

As someone with multiple classes that can play with better geared characters and pretend to contribute while surviving and freeloading off of everyone, I'd recommend you go for it! haha

Once you reach the point where you're paying 50-100+ mil for hundreds (not even thousands) of DPS it's more fun/easier to gear alts IMO.

Vodh

Has Blizz said what or if they're doing anything for the 1 year anniversary on Wednesday?

Starting up the no AH but better drops ladder along with a secretly developed and polished since the game's inception itemization patch.

I wish :( Really hope they do end up doing something or at least throwing us a bone on the official site, having played the game on and off since the release I kind of feel like I'm one of the very few people who actually likes it.

MrDaravon

Wasn't there something datamined in the patch about their being some sort of anniversary celebration with increased MF/GF?

Unrelated, but playing a DH Grenade build with a Monk who uses the blinding rune that pulls enemies in is fucking godlike, just tore through some games with folks using that.

As someone with multiple classes that can play with better geared characters and pretend to contribute while surviving and freeloading off of everyone, I'd recommend you go for it! haha

Once you reach the point where you're paying 50-100+ mil for hundreds (not even thousands) of DPS it's more fun/easier to gear alts IMO.

Agreed; mainly went back to my DH since leveling is so much faster now to level her up, plus crafting as well as a bunch of upgrades can be shared between my DH and my alt monk. Once I either hit a big gold payoff with my DH and/or the leveling stops going so quickly (guessing at around 90) I'll probably switch over to my Monk. Any meaningful upgrade to my DH is probably 100+ million with the possible exception of a better Calamity, but not sure I want to bit the bullet on that right now anyway.

Yea I got my DH to 200k last night DPS. Which is funny cause back when I played my DH I had trouble breaking 100k, man I was stupid back then.

Multiple classes is fun. I think I'm going for a TR monk next since that was so impressive.

kennah

Got bored and got my PL1 wiz to 100k dos with 33k hp and 500 all res....

Should be quite the tank for survivability (though I dont' have any life steal or LOH yet)

Though nothing touches my Witch Doctor with 800 all res, and 1250 life per second. Really entertaining having him stand on desecrated land or in an arcane sentry.

Shifty76

You can get there at the end of the Oasis too I think. I didn't know that. Might be able to run Oasis through to Desolate Sants to VoA.

OK man, try this build on for size (ignore my low-ish resists as I'm in the process of switching from fire to lightning OWE resist)

http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

I was running BF for the longest time, but deadly reach gives 18% plus another 8% from combo strike so it's nearly like having BF bonus on the entire time. With those buffs up I run at 287k sheet dps and things just MELT.

Might seem scary with no serenity or BF, but your dps is so high that backlash/cyclones/FoT and decent LS can sustain you through just about anything.

DiabloGAF, I've been having a helluva hard time finding an upgrade for my Wiz's bracers.

40739667.png

The only bracers I'm seeing that are a reasonable amount of gold are only giving me about +4k-5k damage and almost always at the expense of the vit and resist. The ridiculously priced ones add +15k-20k damage, but they're not affordable and I don't know if I'll ever have that much gold.

I'm also not sure how much a few thousand more damage is really worth, or if I should be looking for something other than crit chance and int on a bracer.

MrDaravon

DiabloGAF, I've been having a helluva hard time finding an upgrade for my Wiz's bracers.

40739667.png

The only bracers I'm seeing that are a reasonable amount of gold are only giving me about +4k-5k damage and almost always at the expense of the vit and resist. The ridiculously priced ones add +15k-20k damage, but they're not affordable and I don't know if I'll ever have that much gold.

I'm also not sure how much a few thousand more damage is really worth, or if I should be looking for something other than crit chance and int on a bracer.

Dude, craft some bracers.

Jrmint

Yea I got my DH to 200k last night DPS. Which is funny cause back when I played my DH I had trouble breaking 100k, man I was stupid back then.

Multiple classes is fun. I think I'm going for a TR monk next since that was so impressive.
Could you link your dh please?

XShagrath

I made half an Act I run today (Festering Woods, Highlands, and part of Fields) and got 4 legendaries. Don't remember them all off the top of my head. There was a hammer, a Windforce, some Mighty Belt, and something else.

I ordered a second monitor and new video card last night, so I'll finally be able to look stuff up easier while playing. I remember there being some program you could use that would look at your items in game (not modifying anything), but I don't remember where that was at. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new patch :p

Diablo III Patch 1.0.8a – v.1.0.8.16603

General
Made improvements to address "rubberbanding" issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind

Auction House
The stack size of gold on the real-money auction house has been increased again to 10 million (up from 1 million)

Classes

Barbarian
Passive Skills

Inspiring Presence
Will once again be displayed under Life per Second on the character sheet

User Interface

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being
saved

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented players with Starter Edition accounts from being upgraded when playing in an IGR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom