• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
DiabloGAF, I've been having a helluva hard time finding an upgrade for my Wiz's bracers.

40739667.png

The only bracers I'm seeing that are a reasonable amount of gold are only giving me about +4k-5k damage and almost always at the expense of the vit and resist. The ridiculously priced ones add +15k-20k damage, but they're not affordable and I don't know if I'll ever have that much gold.

I'm also not sure how much a few thousand more damage is really worth, or if I should be looking for something other than crit chance and int on a bracer.

You need to craft new bracers stat. They're the easiest to replace IMO. All you need is main stat, vit, AR and CC. There's 6 slots and you get 200+ of the main stat each time. So with the remaining 5 slots you only need 3 of them to pop well.

You can gain paragon levels very fast now so I'd say yes. But that's about it...

The added mob density was the main benfit for me. The bonuses to grouping are nice as I like the incentive to group, but the mob density has provided two areas to farm that have been previously un-farmed for the last 6-8 months.

OK man, try this build on for size (ignore my low-ish resists as I'm in the process of switching from fire to lightning OWE resist)

http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

I was running BF for the longest time, but deadly reach gives 18% plus another 8% from combo strike so it's nearly like having BF bonus on the entire time. With those buffs up I run at 287k sheet dps and things just MELT.

Might seem scary with no serenity or BF, but your dps is so high that backlash/cyclones/FoT and decent LS can sustain you through just about anything.

I might try this. I was never a huge fan of combo strike. I really like my cyclone and ep combo. Maybe if I play solo. Cyclone really shines with grouping. Especially with a wiz. I don't remember the last time I've ran with serentiy. Raticus inspired me to drop that months upon months ago. lol

I only run backlash solo or with groups that lack a wiz. Dual monks and a barb is a sweet combo. When I play with a wiz I swap back to MoC.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I don't remember the last time I've ran with serentiy. Raticus inspired me to drop that months upon months ago. lol

The Horned Rat is pleased when I spread the ways of chaos!

Heh, back in the day I was still a bit squishy and not only did I drop Serenity, I had replaced it with Cyclone Strike. I guess that carried over into my CM wizard playstyle - I'm usually the one to dive into the pile of fallen maniacs. Who's the real maniac? "No, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!"

AH craziness has opened up some good opportunities. I got my monk back in an Inna's set for utility purposes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234

Don't pay too much attention to the build, I was testing out some (disappointing) stuff with backlash in groups. Dropping OWE freed up a slot for me to run Guiding Light with the cyclone strike healing rune. I miss the range from Implosion a bit, but it's nice to be able to spam it more often since people usually scatter and it's hard to catch them with BoH.

I was never a huge fan of combo strike

Yeah, me neither. Micromanagement nightmare.

The Horned Rat is pleased when I spread the ways of chaos!

Heh, back in the day I was still a bit squishy and not only did I drop Serenity, I had replaced it with Cyclone Strike. I guess that carried over into my CM wizard playstyle - I'm usually the one to dive into the pile of fallen maniacs. Who's the real maniac? "No, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!"

AH craziness has opened up some good opportunities. I got my monk back in an Inna's set for utility purposes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234

Don't pay too much attention to the build, I was testing out some (disappointing) stuff with backlash in groups. Dropping OWE freed up a slot for me to run Guiding Light with the cyclone strike healing rune. I miss the range from Implosion a bit, but it's nice to be able to spam it more often since people usually scatter and it's hard to catch them with BoH.

Yeah, me neither. Micromanagement nightmare.

Our gear is eerily similar. lol I'm glad I looked at your build though because I think I'm gonna play around with guilding light a little as a passive when grouping. When solo I used two defensive passives and one spirit builder on MP10. When grouping I only use one defensive passive and guilding light looks like a great option to haveing two spirit builders. NOt sure why I haven't thought of that.

What testing did you do with backlash and groups? The backlash build works great for me solo or in groups that don't include a wiz.

I agree with your micro management assesment. It looks extremley effective in raising one's DPS, but having to work three spirit attacks along with EP's just seems like work. lol

Is there anyway to patch/change the region of the client?

I don't believe so, but I"m not 100% sure. More like 92%

Shifty76

I might try this. I was never a huge fan of combo strike. I really like my cyclone and ep combo. Maybe if I play solo. Cyclone really shines with grouping. Especially with a wiz. I don't remember the last time I've ran with serentiy. Raticus inspired me to drop that months upon months ago. lol

Yeah, I run GL & cyclone in place of combo/EP in groups too, as well as overawe.

Combo strike really isn't too onerous to manage. Open fight with DR to get that bonus up, WotHF once or twice to get it going, then just hold down FoT the rest of the time. Tap WotHF to refresh it each time you spam your mantra, but other than that just hold down FoT the entire time. DR typically doesn't get used again until the start of the next fight.

M.D

So is everyone farming Act 1 since the patch came out? I'm usually do Festering Woods and Fields of Misery, and it made me realize how much I hate the map design in this game

It's just huge open spaces, but I never feel like I have any sense of direction

Raticus79

What testing did you do with backlash and groups? The backlash build works great for me solo or in groups that don't include a wiz.

The monk is the only one that gets the "backlash" proc benefit. Group members just get the dodge boost, and their dodges don't trigger anything. Once upon a time, someone said group member dodges triggered backlash on the monk, but it seems like that might have changed.

I did my testing with a second account in act 1. Just sat there with regen gear and watched what happened when one monk or the other cast it.

Stripes55

Neo Member
Just out of curiousity (and I can't remember if this came up before), does increasing MP also increase your chances of getting a legendary, outside of the boost to MF? I ask because I'm playing MP3 with max 333% MF at 5 NV, and still not getting anything better than rares (and generally crappy ones at that). Wondering if I should give a higher MP a go and see what I can handle with my current gear (I've only got 700K gold right now, so improving my gear's not really an option at this point).

Cipherr

So is everyone farming Act 1 since the patch came out? I'm usually do Festering Woods and Fields of Misery, and it made me realize how much I hate the map design in this game

Yep I do Act 1. I love the lack of a 'directed' feel after a year of farming the narrow guided hallways of Act 3 in the Keep Depths and guided Circular Stairways and the same start to finish palette/design of the Keep walls over and over and over.

Just some wide open area for crying outloud. I can start east or west or wherever. I love it.

Act III was great for farming because it lacks huge open spaces. With he exception of fields, almost all of act III is corridors and skinny pathways.

People liked act I so much because it had variety. It's probably not the best place to farm though if you're really into efficiency.

I'm farming Act II right now because I'm gangster like that.

The monk is the only one that gets the "backlash" proc benefit. Group members just get the dodge boost, and their dodges don't trigger anything. Once upon a time, someone said group member dodges triggered backlash on the monk, but it seems like that might have changed.

I did my testing with a second account in act 1. Just sat there with regen gear and watched what happened when one monk or the other cast it.

Awww that sucks. I was wondering this as well when I was playing with another monk and a barb. I noticed that MoE was affecting them and I assumed the backlash portion would as well. At least I hoped it was. Seems kinda silly that it doesn't.

Still very highly effective for me though. Especially when one monk has MoC while I was running backlash. It's amazing how much sustain I get from all the AoE going on when pulling massive groups.

Raticus79

Just out of curiousity (and I can't remember if this came up before), does increasing MP also increase your chances of getting a legendary, outside of the boost to MF? I ask because I'm playing MP3 with max 333% MF at 5 NV, and still not getting anything better than rares (and generally crappy ones at that). Wondering if I should give a higher MP a go and see what I can handle with my current gear (I've only got 700K gold right now, so improving my gear's not really an option at this point).

The "bonus item" chance from normal mobs maxes out at mp10 (100%). Legendary drop rate on a per kill basis goes up, beyond MF effects, because you're getting double drops from the trash mobs and they have the same legendary chance.

Running in groups should help out a lot with increasing monster power.

Stripes55

Neo Member
The "bonus item" chance from normal mobs maxes out at mp10 (100%). Legendary drop rate on a per kill basis goes up, beyond MF effects, because you're getting double drops from the trash mobs and they have the same legendary chance.

Running in groups should help out a lot with increasing monster power.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to play in a group, which is too bad, as people seem to get some decent gear from those runs.

BTW, are there charts still available for all of the MF/item drop chances vs. MP? I thought I'd seen them before but can never seem to find them when I'm looking for them.

Raticus79

Awww that sucks. I was wondering this as well when I was playing with another monk and a barb. I noticed that MoE was affecting them and I assumed the backlash portion would as well. At least I hoped it was. Seems kinda silly that it doesn't.

Still very highly effective for me though. Especially when one monk has MoC while I was running backlash. It's amazing how much sustain I get from all the AoE going on when pulling massive groups.

Yeah, I think it should be fixed. I made a bug post for it: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796091070#1

I have been doing Act 1 but will probably switch to Act 2 just to get keys from there for awhile.

mr2xxx

Banned
People are talking about saving their Demon Essence for the next patch, what is going on with itemization for the next patch?

Cipherr

I think the next patch is where we are all assuming the itemization changes will go live. All the stuff where all legendaries roll at the level of the monsters (making even low level legendaries possibly interesting as they roll level 63 stats.)

I don't know why you would save essences though.

Raticus79

I think the next patch is where we are all assuming the itemization changes will go live. All the stuff where all legendaries roll at the level of the monsters (making even low level legendaries possibly interesting as they roll level 63 stats.)

I don't know why you would save essences though.

Because the itemization patch is expected to improve drop quality over quantity. Hoarding essences is done with the assumption that the improved rolls will carry over to crafting.

Shifty76

Because the itemization patch is expected to improve drop quality over quantity. Hoarding essences is done with the assumption that the improved rolls will carry over to crafting.

Possibly also speculation of whether you'll be able to re-roll legendaries (maybe with the mystic?) at the cost of some DE's.

V_Arnold

What can I do if I am stuck at patching-> launch game -> "a new patch is available"- > exit client -> patching endless cycle? It is up to date, it has been for a long, long time....

Raticus79

Our gear is eerily similar

Yeah, I think someone had a crafting exploit going for swords a while ago. There are tons of good item level 62 swords around with very similar (but not identical) stats.

On reddit, someone had a good theory that memory reading could predict the outcome of a craft and let you cancel/retry quickly until you got good stuff. Not sure about that, but there were some session crash exploits wayy back that let people retry crafting sessions.

Talents

Banned
What can I do if I am stuck at patching-> launch game -> "a new patch is available"- > exit client -> patching endless cycle? It is up to date, it has been for a long, long time....

Same's happening with me. Loads of people are telling me to reinstall. Screw that.

Yeah, I think someone had a crafting exploit going for swords a while ago. There are tons of good item level 62 swords around with very similar (but not identical) stats.

On reddit, someone had a good theory that memory reading could predict the outcome of a craft and let you cancel/retry quickly until you got good stuff. Not sure about that, but there were some session crash exploits wayy back that let people retry crafting sessions.

When I bought my swords, I didn't notice they were both crafted. I just marveled at how I found two almost identical swords that also look the same. After buying I noticed they were both crafted. I'm leaning towards you being correct.

Raticus79

Same's happening with me. Loads of people are telling me to reinstall. Screw that.

Are you two playing on EU? I think this behaviour happens when you have the NA client downloaded but are on the EU region. It'll keep bugging you until the NA servers are back up.

V_Arnold

Are you two playing on EU? I think this behaviour happens when you have the NA client downloaded but are on the EU region. It'll keep bugging you until the NA servers are back up.

Yeah, I am eu, but I might accidentally have downloaded the US client this time. The game DVD was not working anymore (either that, or my dvd player died, considering that there is not a single scratch on the disc -.-), so I got it from BNet.

Shifty76

If I understood it correctly there was some glitch that would provide basically unlimited crafting mats - something to do with trading between two different characters then one logging out or canceling yet both would get the mats.

Repeat that several times and you have unlimited materials with which to craft. Resulted in a TON of good conquest swords and galraki's being listed for silly cheap prices a month or so back (like 30m for a 1100 dps sword with CD/LS/socket)

Of course, I was broke at the time so couldn't grab one.

Raticus79

If I understood it correctly there was some glitch that would provide basically unlimited crafting mats - something to do with trading between two different characters then one logging out or canceling yet both would get the mats.

Repeat that several times and you have unlimited materials with which to craft. Resulted in a TON of good conquest swords and galraki's being listed for silly cheap prices a month or so back (like 30m for a 1100 dps sword with CD/LS/socket)

Oh, nice, I had heard rumbles of that one but never got the full story. That's the one where suddenly it broke loose and they brought down the servers for "an urgent issue".

All right, all you exploiters out there - make daggers next time.

neoism

new patch :p

Diablo III Patch 1.0.8a – v.1.0.8.16603

General
Made improvements to address "rubberbanding" issues encountered when using movement-based abilities like Tempest Rush, Strafe, and Whirlwind

Auction House
The stack size of gold on the real-money auction house has been increased again to 10 million (up from 1 million)

Classes

Barbarian
Passive Skills

Inspiring Presence
Will once again be displayed under Life per Second on the character sheet

User Interface

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented Item Label Display preferences from being
saved

Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 causing dungeon exits to sometimes be placed in abnormally close proximity to the entrance
Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 1.0.8 that prevented players with Starter Edition accounts from being upgraded when playing in an IGR

man I wish they would do this every week a little fix here and there... add little stuff every week instead of taking months, and months for patches... it would make a lot of D3 players happy... I just hope the next itemization patch is out before the summer is over

neoism

their is a repair option in the client thing once you open D3 try that its under help I think

sega4ever

i stopped playing before the inferno nerf. the maps were fixed and the dungeons only semi random, has this been fixed and are the maps random?

ex:map thats in between new and old tristam still the same?

Opiate

i stopped playing before the inferno nerf. the maps were fixed and the dungeons only semi random, has this been fixed and are the maps random?

ex:map thats in between new and old tristam still the same?

Easily my biggest complaint.

I am frustrated by how long many problems take to fix, but that isn't one of them; I do hope they fix it, but fixing a problem like that would be enormously complex. It would require remapping entire zones. Fixing that will take an expansion if it's ever fixed at all.

Wish I bought mine then. I payed 120 each for mine back at the beginning of 1.0.7 and now they're worth 1/4 that.

Slayerx

Launch D3 and change the language in options, it will exit the game and start applying the patch, when it's done just switch back to English.

You need to craft new bracers stat. They're the easiest to replace IMO. All you need is main stat, vit, AR and CC. There's 6 slots and you get 200+ of the main stat each time. So with the remaining 5 slots you only need 3 of them to pop well.
ok. any bracer in recipe in particular that I should be crafting with

Fularu

Banned
Are Vile Wards still indemand? got a 275 int/43 vit/35 physical res/79 all res one (with some armor and life regen).

Something tells me that with boa shoulders, those are average now

Raticus79

Are Vile Wards still indemand? got a 275 int/43 vit/35 physical res/79 all res one (with some armor and life regen).

Something tells me that with boa shoulders, those are average now

Average, but not worthless. Crafting is pretty time consuming.

ok. any bracer in recipe in particular that I should be crafting with

The new iLVL 63 archon bracers of whatever stat you want. There is four, one for each main stat. Some people craft bracers with VIT as the main roll and hope for a decent main stat roll, other's roll their main stat and hope for decent vit. Up to you which route you need to go for what your needs are.

You can get them on the AH for like 1000 gold.

The new iLVL 63 archon bracers of whatever stat you want. There is four, one for each main stat. Some people craft bracers with VIT as the main roll and hope for a decent main stat roll, other's roll their main stat and hope for decent vit. Up to you which route you need to go for what your needs are.

bless you, sir. I'm on it!

VALKYRAY

Banned
Vile ward with 250+ main stat, 150+ vit or 60+ vit plus 9+% life is still highly valued. Those are extremely hard to beaten with crafts consider the amount armor it offers.

welp1.jpg
welp2.jpg

Did 2 bracers. Better luck next time, I guess.

inky

Don't feel too bad, I just did 44 and no upgrade for me either =/

Edit: What would you guys say is the sweet spot for EHP? Every time I look at an affordable upgrade it lowers my EHP more and more. While I haven't had a problem yet, I don't want to go too far. Here's me:

http://d3up.com/b/623230

The Helm is a place holder (I have it now mostly for damage in key runs, I usually use an IK with more health and protection), and I know I only got 6% LS, I'm working on that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom