• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played the game again for the first time in almost a year.

Picked up two 1-handers each with 900+ DPS, 900+ life on hit, 100+ strength and vitality for my Barbarian on the auction house for dirt cheap. Around 100k or less each.
back in my day, those were no less than 5 mill, and that's all the money people had because people were barely 2 weeks into inferno play.

M.D

If these had CC, I would be a rich man :(

MZlaDA5.jpg

xero273

Am I the only one lagging? The game is fucking unplayable right now for me. :(

I can't blame my internet since it's pretty much perfect.

when is it actually happening? like when there are a lot of mobs gathered up? The game has only lagged for me 1 or 2 times and it's when there are too many mobs together or too many whirlwinds from monks and wizards. not sure which one :(

Bought the game last week to play with some friends. Currently have a 42 demon hunter and 37 monk on hardcore. I should probably level up a regular hero for endgame stuff but I am really enjoying the thrill of hardcore.

Z3M0G

This may be old news in these parts, but did anyone here suffer the same fate as this poor guy? Seemed that there was a lot of room for this to be an honest mistake by people and not intended abuse of the dupe glitch:

- players saw crazy prices for gems
- players checked boards but saw nothing, since Blizzard was deleting posts about exploit
- players assumed it was a product of the new patch and spent real $$ on gems to get gold at new high prices
- players banned, with Blizzard refusing to explain why.

This guy seems pretty honest and appears to have documented his case well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVUs-ov2SQ

Fularu

Banned
http://d3up.com/b/545471

So, rings and amulet are on my "to do list" but I'm kind of held back by my OH since it has no LS and no CD (but a socket), thing is, I just can't fin any upgrade allowing me to get LS there and go for a witching hour in the belt slot. Any suggestion?

M.D

Fuck, this is not good...

I have no idea how I got addicted to this game again after not playing it for half a year, especially when nothing has really changed..

I've played so much my right hand actually hurts :|

Giggzy

Any advice for wizards? I know nothing about how to gear them. I just hit 60 on him last night. All I know is that archon and CM are the popular builds. I have a 700m budget to gear her up. Any advice or guides anywhere? Thanks.

Oh and what mp level should I be able to farm efficiently with that budget? 7?

Fularu

Banned
Any advice for wizards? I know nothing about how to gear them. I just hit 60 on him last night. All I know is that archon and CM are the popular builds. I have a 700m budget to gear her up. Any advice or guides anywhere? Thanks.

Oh and what mp level should I be able to farm efficiently with that budget? 7?
Mp10

Vio-Lence

Banned
http://d3up.com/b/545471

So, rings and amulet are on my "to do list" but I'm kind of held back by my OH since it has no LS and no CD (but a socket), thing is, I just can't fin any upgrade allowing me to get LS there and go for a witching hour in the belt slot. Any suggestion?

Unless you have godly gear to make up for the major loss in EHP and LS moving from an IK belt to a witching hour isn't worth it imo. I think most barbs you see rocking witching hours have no idea how to build their barb efficiently. They don't have a slightest clue what breakpoints they need to hit for double tornadoes and are just trying to increase the paper dps vs TDPS.

koji

Fuck, this is not good...

I have no idea how I got addicted to this game again after not playing it for half a year, especially when nothing has really changed..

I've played so much my right hand actually hurts :|

:lol

Yeah I'm pretty hooked again myself.

Bit sad that my SC WD, which I started at launch, is only Plvl23 after 300+ hours (did most of my playing and farming before the paragon patch) and my HC WD is already Plvl16 after 38hours. It's going crazy fast, shit. Dinged 60 on it couple weeks ago.

tjohn86

This may be old news in these parts, but did anyone here suffer the same fate as this poor guy? Seemed that there was a lot of room for this to be an honest mistake by people and not intended abuse of the dupe glitch:

- players saw crazy prices for gems
- players checked boards but saw nothing, since Blizzard was deleting posts about exploit
- players assumed it was a product of the new patch and spent real $$ on gems to get gold at new high prices
- players banned, with Blizzard refusing to explain why.

This guy seems pretty honest and appears to have documented his case well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVUs-ov2SQ

I don't have any sympathy for anyone involved. It was pretty clear something fishy was going on.

Fularu

Banned
Unless you have godly gear to make up for the major loss in EHP and LS moving from an IK belt to a witching hour isn't worth it imo. I think most barbs you see rocking witching hours have no idea how to build their barb efficiently. They don't have a slightest clue what breakpoints they need to hit for double tornadoes and are just trying to increase the paper dps vs TDPS.
Once I fix my amulet and rings (and also my chest and gloves I guess) I wouldn't need the IK belt as much. My eHP is already prety high but I intend to bring it to about 700k which should be attainable through those changes.

A 160+ vit IK chest
80+ vit rings
100+ vit amulet
Vit/all res gloves should set me well without beeing too expensive

With a 65 millions budget, that should be manageable without losing too much DPS (a good place to improve my DPS would be my MH with more str and higher base damage)

Explain what breakpoint is needed n double tornados please. I think I might be one of these barbs guilty of said non understansing

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I don't have any sympathy for anyone involved. It was pretty clear something fishy was going on.

They rolled back (and usually account bound) people who did a lot of big sales. Odds are we aren't getting the full story here - bans were reserved for people who duped or received trades from dupers.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Explain what breakpoint is needed n double tornados please. I think I might be one of these barbs guilty of said non understansing

do a search on the official US D3 barb class forum in the sticky threads. lot of good information on there outlining how much attack speed you need to hit certain breakpoints. as well as specific requirements if you are using some combo of MH or OH EF.

i haven't played much in the past few months and it seems like WW barbs have fell out of favor for HOTA + Rend builds. seems like people are starting to use Skorn's again, so i might have to read up on what's FOTM.

It was too much reading I looked at the aps brackets n saw 2-2.2 was the same I'm stuck in that one I do run like wind n ww n I dual wield axe/offhand ef. Ed on offhand seems to increase aps by like.13 dunno if that's a glitch or something weird but it doesn't change dps at all.

Shifty76

Oh, that is NOT how I read to enter the elemental damage. Also the Various tab on there has the spot to enter the % lightning skills on the WKL, so that just totally threw me off. So it should look like this then (I've leveled up once since the original hence the different dex)? http://i.imgur.com/l4CRCe8.jpg

If so it's still off by 1720.61 which isn't the biggest deal, just baffling since it was 100% accurate until I put the WKL in here, I'm probably still missing something else. More importantly though it means the ~140k eDPS estimate with the WKL on the sheet is still accurate which was the biggest thing. I just did a group MP4 run which is where I was having problems before, and with the double lifesteal it went MUCH better. I still had a couple of close calls, but those would have been deaths before for sure, and I was surviving some stuff that our fairly hardcore Barb wasn't, so I feel pretty good. Still having zero luck with crafting better gloves, but starting to look at an Inna helm upgrade for resists since I think that's probably my next easiest upgrade path. Thanks again!

Hey, I got it to match up perfect for you. Which version of that spreadsheet are you using?

This is the latest: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B16HGMLxB14DeDJpdG1mY01Wc00/edit?pli=1

What I changed to make it match d3up:

Dex value to match what d3up showed.

Edited the average damage stats over on the right (zeroed ring 1 & amulet then entered min (36) and max (72) on your ring 2)

I grabbed a pic of all the fields filled out correctly and the total matching but can't seem to get on any image upload sites from work so can't share it with you.

I'd recommend downloading that latest version then entering the info with the changes I noted - should match perfect after that.

when is it actually happening? like when there are a lot of mobs gathered up? The game has only lagged for me 1 or 2 times and it's when there are too many mobs together or too many whirlwinds from monks and wizards. not sure which one :(

All the time but especially when there are a lot of mobs gathered up, yes.

MrDaravon

Hey, I got it to match up perfect for you. Which version of that spreadsheet are you using?

This is the latest: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B16HGMLxB14DeDJpdG1mY01Wc00/edit?pli=1

What I changed to make it match d3up:

Dex value to match what d3up showed.

Edited the average damage stats over on the right (zeroed ring 1 & amulet then entered min (36) and max (72) on your ring 2)

I grabbed a pic of all the fields filled out correctly and the total matching but can't seem to get on any image upload sites from work so can't share it with you.

I'd recommend downloading that latest version then entering the info with the changes I noted - should match perfect after that.

I had already done all that, and grabbed the newest version of the sheet but it still doesn't match. Both the game and d3up show my DPS as 124,760.6 (technically that's d3up, in-game shows 124,760.58), spreadsheet says 123,047.82 as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/1nY8SxD.jpg

I have no idea man. It HAS to be something with the WKL numbers, because it matched perfectly before I switched out to that. Unrelated, but also at your advice I picked up an Inna helm for 18 mil that had decent Vit, AR and LR; lost like 1k dps but gained 31k or so eHP. I'm also LOVING Cyclone Strike. The amount of friend requests I have gotten playing with that in public games is hilarious, and it's ridiculously fun. At higher MPs I can definitely see the utility of switching out to some of the more hardcore builds that you and fender run, but just running public MP4 I'm having a blast with this right now :)

Shifty76

I had already done all that, and grabbed the newest version of the sheet but it still doesn't match. Both the game and d3up show my DPS as 124,760.6 (technically that's d3up, in-game shows 124,760.58), spreadsheet says 123,047.82 as seen here: http://i.imgur.com/1nY8SxD.jpg

I have no idea man. It HAS to be something with the WKL numbers, because it matched perfectly before I switched out to that. Unrelated, but also at your advice I picked up an Inna helm for 18 mil that had decent Vit, AR and LR; lost like 1k dps but gained 31k or so eHP. I'm also LOVING Cyclone Strike. The amount of friend requests I have gotten playing with that in public games is hilarious, and it's ridiculously fun. At higher MPs I can definitely see the utility of switching out to some of the more hardcore builds that you and fender run, but just running public MP4 I'm having a blast with this right now :)

Can you post your latest d3up profile? I'm home now so can enter it and get a screenshot for you

XShagrath

Anyone else getting a 317002 error when trying to connect? Battle.net says the servers are up (US), but the game is telling me they're not, and giving me 317002 followed by error 34200.

e: Nevermind. Finally works.

MrDaravon

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/p7t7d7P.png

Sorry, missed row names but I'm sure you can figure it out ;)

Looks like you messed up BS dmg (it's 100% physical so same numbers in each slot) plus had a small calculation error on your WKL entry

derp. On the BS I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put the full 100% numbers in both slots, I swear that I tried it both ways and that the full numbers in both only affected the ETDPS # and not the paper/SCRAM dps, I must have either been looking at it wrong or not had zeroed it out first or something. The WKL was a one digit typo apparently Thanks for the help, again I really appreciate it.

Dahbomb

Is it preferable to craft armor piece for Monks? I crafted Bracers and Shoulder pieces for my Monk to good result (got one each for my DH as well).

Loving all the changes. I am salvaging all my rares so I have enough crafting material fo craft. Also I get a lot of recipes in runs, today I found a Marquise Emerald recipe. I found a Vile Ward as well, should fetch a couple million at the AH. Act 1 is beast for farming.... mobs everywhere. Plus all the EXP bonuses, I got 4 Paragon levels in essentially 4-5 Act 1 runs (although I am still in the 30s).

I still get a metric ton of crap rares with the occasional legendary and recipes.

Shifty76

Is it preferable to craft armor piece for Monks? I crafted Bracers and Shoulder pieces for my Monk to good result (got one each for my DH as well).

Loving all the changes. I am salvaging all my rares so I have enough crafting material fo craft. Also I get a lot of recipes in runs, today I found a Marquise Emerald recipe. I found a Vile Ward as well, should fetch a couple million at the AH. Act 1 is beast for farming.... mobs everywhere. Plus all the EXP bonuses, I got 4 Paragon levels in essentially 4-5 Act 1 runs (although I am still in the 30s).

I still get a metric ton of crap rares with the occasional legendary and recipes.

Absolutely! Shoulders, bracers, gloves and amulet.

Not sure what commodity prices are like now, but it was more economical to sell rares & just buy the materials

koji

Just looted this on EU HC.

chest.png

Might not look like a big deal for SC folks but it's a pretty big upgrade for me, will be able to use that till I ever find enough money to buy a 80mil set chest...

Made my day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom