• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Where is weeping Hollow don't remember going there?

VAfNd5n.jpg

Giggzy

So I decided to spend my small fortune on gearing up my Monk instead of a wiz. The popular builds for wizards do not seem enjoyable to me. How did I make out on my monk?

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%C3%9CberErik-1461/hero/21081788

I'm not really sure if I'm enjoying the echoing fury. I know a good portion of the monks on here don't either. I haven't had anyone in a public game complain about constantly fearing the mobs but it's definitely pissing me off a bit. Would a WKL be good with the gear I've acquired? Or would I need more items with added lightning and sweeping wind damage?

Shifty76

So I decided to spend my small fortune on gearing up my Monk instead of a wiz. The popular builds for wizards do not seem enjoyable to me. How did I make out on my monk?

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%C3%9CberErik-1461/hero/21081788

I'm not really sure if I'm enjoying the echoing fury. I know a good portion of the monks on here don't either. I haven't had anyone in a public game complain about constantly fearing the mobs but it's definitely pissing me off a bit. Would a WKL be good with the gear I've acquired? Or would I need more items with added lightning and sweeping wind damage?

You'd get more (offsheet) damage from a WKL for sure, plus no annoying fear proc. Character sheet dps will drop though.
Since you're using 2 generators anyway I'd highly recommend switching Exalted Soul for Combination Strike - massive dps boost there.

Giggzy

You'd get more (offsheet) damage from a WKL for sure, plus no annoying fear proc. Character sheet dps will drop though.
Since you're using 2 generators anyway I'd highly recommend switching Exalted Soul for Combination Strike - massive dps boost there.

Good advice. Thanks. How would I calculate added damage from the WKL? I would like to get one with a socket and life steal but I'd probably only be able to afford one with lower average dps.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I like farming Act 1 (MP6) now for the big 100+ kill monster massacre sprees. I went from Paragon 61 to 63 in like 3 or 4 Act 1 runs where I would do FW for nephalem valor, LM if I didn't have a 5 stack, followed by full clears of WH and FoM.

Act 2 is supposed to be even better but I haven't found a route that I like, what does D3-GAF recommend?

Did they also nerf monster hitpoints? It seems a lot easier to clear higher MPs solo than I remember.

Shifty76

Good advice. Thanks. How would I calculate added damage from the WKL? I would like to get one with a socket and life steal but I'd probably only be able to afford one with lower average dps.

I posted a link to a monk dps/ehp spreadsheet a page or so back - enter all your info into that & it'll show your true dps with everything taken into account.

Shifty76

I like farming Act 1 (MP6) now for the big 100+ kill monster massacre sprees. I went from Paragon 61 to 63 in like 3 or 4 Act 1 runs where I would do FW for nephalem valor, LM if I didn't have a 5 stack, followed by full clears of WH and FoM.

Act 2 is supposed to be even better but I haven't found a route that I like, what does D3-GAF recommend?

Did they also nerf monster hitpoints? It seems a lot easier to clear higher MPs solo than I remember.

A2 run: VotA->Desolate Sands->Oasis->Forgotten Ruins (in Oasis)->East Channel->West Channel

M.D

Hmm, I don't even have the Act 2/4 quests

I'm guessing its because friends helped me level the character so that is also why only parts of Act 1&3 are available

How do I get a quest to show up for me if I join another game?

LFG

Neophyte
I forgot we can switch regions and start fresh! I think I'm going to use EU for my single player, no auction house, hardcore characters! Should be fun :D

MrDaravon

I have a hilarious amount of machines. As a DH I have to get kinda carried on high MPs, although with my tank Grenade build I might be of more help now.

Giggzy

I keep forgetting to post my bnet id and I can use some friends. Public games have become much more fun with the changes in this patch but I'd still prefer having a group of people to play with regularly.

ÜberErik#1461

Anyone interested in Uber runs (US) add Juices#1991. Have a buncha machines myself n I'm going to start collecting machines and then having a weekly Uber run on my machines.

I have to get like a ton of rings cause right now I have a tank ring that's just vit and life % and loh which I no longer need and I'd be more interested in Crit Dam, Crit Chance or AS so an upgrade is probable after a bunch I'd imagine.

I can do MP10 pretty easily as long as others can carry their weight.

Opiate

Sorry, when I earlier said I was looking for Jay Wilson and Rakanishu, I meant I was looking for Jay Wilson and Bashiok (on whom you swing Rakanishu's blade). I will be grateful to anyone who finds them.

Sorry, when I earlier said I was looking for Jay Wilson and Rakanishu, I meant I was looking for Jay Wilson and Bashiok (on whom you swing Rakanishu's blade). I will be grateful to anyone who finds them.

I"ve only seen Jay Wilson one time in all my time playing.

kennah

... Hours and hours and hours of playing with my level 60s and I get nothing (except for a good set of dex blackthorne spurs last night)

5 minutes into levelling up my level 26 monk I get a legendary chest that is an upgrade for him.

MrDaravon

Playing pub games is making me actively hate my DH, since most games are 2-3 DH's which by itself I'm okay with, but the problem is they are usually fucking terrible. I see some good ones occasionally, but it's often people who obviously just picked the class because it's cool and are running at way too high of an MP. Just played 2 games in a row on MP3 where I actively had to carry 3 DH's who were all between Paragon 2-8 and were running stupid shit like Chakrams and rocket turrets. Fuck.

Cipherr

Think I'm going to go ahead and outfit my barb (WW spec, meh) and play him a bit. I know for a fact that Im going to main a melee from this point on. Sick and tired of ranged, it just doesn't work as well in this game if you are a class that doesn't want stuff in melee range of you. 99% of mobs are literally coded to run right at you, having to shuffle and vault and away and all that nonsense is stupid and slows your runs.

There's nothing like WANTING to be surrounded by 300 mobs because you thrive in that situation. Really love the DH class, and I'm reaaaaaaaally sad that its so terrible.

Edit: SCRATCH THAT! Apparently they had a stream and Travis day said nerfs are incoming for Barbs and Wizards

Travis said:
"Overall, we feel that Demon Hunters are in a very good place, with lots of versatility. Our upcoming goal will be to reduce the power of certain builds utilized by Barbarians and Wizards that were never really intended. This should have the desired effect of making other classes feel equally appealing."

Extra lols at DH's being in a good place.... In any case, thats fine. Stick with my monk, fuck that noise.

MrDaravon

The real problem with DH is that their skills are often slow and awkward, especially at high MP. My on paper DPS is pretty good with my DH (~240k with a Manticore setup and ~180k with a Calamity setup), but all of the other classes except maybe WD can effectively kill much faster than I can. I can facetank MP10 fine and that's great, but only with maybe 50-60% of the efficiency of other classes.

I'm sure someone's had some good ideas, but really I don't know how they "fix" the DH class as-is right now without completely overhauling a ton of their skills, but by doing that current high-end DH gear could wind up being even more broken then the Barb is right now. They could also do something with stats/skills on DH gear, but that's probably even more elaborate, wouldn't be until 1.09 at the earliest, and could potentially fuck everyone over with their current stuff. In terms of "balancing" the game nerfing other broken classes is actually probably the easiest option, but given that outside of PvP no one gives a fuck that seems like a stupid idea. Nerfing other classes doesn't make the DH actually better, it just makes them better in comparison which is a moot point practically speaking, and all that does is piss off all of the other class players.

Ultimately I still love my DH, but I think it's just more character loyalty and the IDEA of the DH that I love. As more time goes on I'll wind up branching out into all of the classes (like I am with the Monk right now) as leveling has gotten so much easier, and as upgrades get astronmically more expensive, so why not? Still sucks though.

Wizard and barb nerfs are going to be so fun to watch.

I love playing WD because if I get bored of a build there a few different ones that have relatively equal farming efficiency. Running around with cloud of bats essentially turns you into a melee class.

Just wish I could find a weapon that I'll be happy with.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
For those looking to track their exp/hour and figure out routes / optimal monster power, the third party memory reading tool "Finders Keepers" includes some very nice automatic exp logging, broken down by zone, with an in-game real time display. It's an updated version of the old "LootAlert". I just turned off the all the item tracking features since I only cared about the experience.

Disclaimer: comes from the hacking crowd, so I wouldn't use it without an authenticator. Reads memory, so it's technically against ToS (same story as macros), so use your own judgement.

xnhgI1n.png

Top exp/hour is your run overall. The bottom one is for the zone you're in now. You can also get reports over all the zones using the statistics menu.

http://finderskeepers.site40.net/

Google Code link (description)

Cipherr

Im not deathly reliant on OWE. So they can nerf it and Ill be fine. Of course I figured it was coming also though, so I decided to build so I could drop it at any time.

Played for the first time on months this morning and enjoyed it. I liked the changes, makes grouping up seem worthwhile. The Anniversary Buff was a nice surprise.

Ryan_

Hey guys,

I'm a wizard and I've recently upgraded some gear that took me from 97K DPS to 168 unbuffed.
However, when I want to upgrade further, it seems that everything is just a minor upgrade of 1-2K per item. My budget would be 200 mil, is that too low to really achieve the 200 or 250 mark?

http://d3up.com/b/604475

This is my profile, if any wizard aficionados would want to take a look at it and tell me what the best possible upgrades would be for 200 mil, I would really appreciate it!

eek5

Hey guys,

I'm a wizard and I've recently upgraded some gear that took me from 97K DPS to 168 unbuffed.
However, when I want to upgrade further, it seems that everything is just a minor upgrade of 1-2K per item. My budget would be 200 mil, is that too low to really achieve the 200 or 250 mark?

http://d3up.com/b/604475

This is my profile, if any wizard aficionados would want to take a look at it and tell me what the best possible upgrades would be for 200 mil, I would really appreciate it!

Craft gloves, bracers, shoulders.

You're not going to be able to get to 250 without significantly increasing your INT.

Get a weapon with CD.

Get CC on your amulet if you can.

Both your rings are pretty mediocre.

U6AgYhu.png

I got you near 250 but I pretty much upgraded every piece of armor your'e wearing and put 80 CD on your EF.

tl;dr: no way you hit 250k dps unbuffed for 200mil

M.D

Anyone has this problem with the game where it looks like everything is fine, but you suddenly get hit and can't hit anything and then something weird happens with the character? happens a lot lately.

Latency is fine so that's not the issue

MrDaravon

I thought the rapid fire buffed dh edps tremendously.

The general problem as I understand it (I haven't messed around with it myself) is that it's only really great against single targets. I've seen good DH's in public games melt enemies with it, but with the increased mob density even if it does great damage it sucks when you have 30 enemies on you. DH's already had decent if not great options against single targets, so while it's cool that they made Rapid Fire at least arguably viable, it's not the end all.

MrDaravon

I just went through and bought every rare crafting plan I didn't have since I was tired of having to check plan drops to see if I already knew them or not; actually kind of shocked that at over 600 hours I was still missing about 15 rare plans o_O. They cost nothing except I was missing the high-end 1h Sword one which was about 450k.

I know we've talked about this before too, but god DAMN some of the prices on the Set/Legendary plans are ridiculous. I went through the prices on them, many are in the hundreds of millions, and there were a couple that were over a billion goddamn gold. Insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom