• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Since they nerfed Reflect Damage the most annoying one for me for sure is Shielded since you can't get any LoH/LS on them.

Did I find something good? Looking on the AH, ones with double sockets are pretty high priced. Stats aren't amazing though.

AnTLw3i.png

No, it's 2 socket but the DPS is way too low, even with the dex roll. Comparable ones on the AH for a few hundred thousand.

XShagrath

No, it's 2 socket but the DPS is way too low, even with the dex roll. Comparable ones on the AH for a few hundred thousand.
Ugh. I completely suck at pricing things for the AH. Wish there was a better way to go about it. Being able to filter in a range, looking at completed auctions, etc. would be a great addition (at least for me).

MrDaravon

Ugh. I completely suck at pricing things for the AH. Wish there was a better way to go about it. Being able to filter in a range, looking at completed auctions, etc. would be a great addition (at least for me).

Sure, this one was pretty straight forward though; all I did was search by Manticore with 2 sockets and dex (no value entered) and started at lowest buyout price. It's best to undercut the values of the item you're looking for, then if you don't see anything comparable start bumping the numbers up.

Vodh

What? They're nerfing wizard builds? How about buffing DH/monk/WD builds instead? :/

The problem with Wiz and Barb is that those builds are doing the most damage to the class itself. Sure, it's cool you can go farm MP10 with mid-tier gear, but whenever I play on my wiz or barb I feel gimped if I'm using anything else. Never had that problem on my WD or DH (monks are a different story IMHO).

Nerfing them will kind of suck for people who are enjoying them, but to introduce some actual build diversity without nerfing them they would have to buff the living shit out of every skill not included in those builds to bring all the other skills up to par, and then make at least the higher MP's harder to compensate for the decreased difficulty.

And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's just a really time consuming, fucked up and over-complicated way of nerfing those builds.

eek5

congrats to eek for getting 200k unbuffed dps. forgot to tell you that in game today

Thanks man! Now for 300! lol

The general problem as I understand it (I haven't messed around with it myself) is that it's only really great against single targets. I've seen good DH's in public games melt enemies with it, but with the increased mob density even if it does great damage it sucks when you have 30 enemies on you. DH's already had decent if not great options against single targets, so while it's cool that they made Rapid Fire at least arguably viable, it's not the end all.

The last rune makes it AoE but I found that the speed is kind of bad (as in time from when you start attacking to when the DPS starts flowing). The build is really weird. I only tried it for a little bit last night. It relies a lot on snapshotting gloom along with DPS buffs but you kind of need insane DPS to melt shit fast in higher MP. For some reason, despite the higher DPS and same LS%, I just can't sustain enough to survive things like plague elites.

I can't really figure out how to keep my hatred up either. I'm running bats, mark of death w/ the hatred rune and the hatred passive for health globes and I still run out regularly. When you DO run out you're basically FUCKED. If there isn't a globe around you're pretty much dead which is annoying as fuck.

I'm not sure if you need to drop ASI but if you do, good luck dropping a mempo and getting a rare/legendary helm w/ Dex/AR/CC/Socket (spoiler: it's expensive).

Then there is the whole issue of discipline. For some reason I don't return a lot of disc off crits from rapid fire (low proc rate??) with the passive so it makes juggling the two resources even more difficult.

I'll probably try it again but after using EZmode grenade build it seemed like a lot of micromanaging all kinds of shit for a little extra DPS output.

For you guys, what's the most annoying affix for a monster? Mine has got to be shielding or electrified.

On my TR monk I hate RD. My crits are so big (2.5-3m?) that I just one shot myself no matter what (250k EHP)
On my regular monk I don't really like nightmare. I kind of zone out when playing DW monk so I never notice when I get cornered and feared and will die to other affixes.

On WD I hate vortex/knockback (affix or not) because it resets my bats channelling.

On my DH (grenades build) I don't really find any affixes too annoying since I have an almost infinite CC break. Arcane is probably the worst since my DH isn't very mobile but I can usually time shadow power enough to avoid the damage.

I mainly only do archon on my wiz now at MP5 and lower so I barely ever see what affixes elites have

My barb doesn't give a fuck about any affix.

MrDaravon

The last rune makes it AoE but I found that the speed is kind of bad (as in time from when you start attacking to when the DPS starts flowing). The build is really weird. I only tried it for a little bit last night. It relies a lot on snapshotting gloom along with DPS buffs but you kind of need insane DPS to melt shit fast in higher MP. For some reason, despite the higher DPS and same LS%, I just can't sustain enough to survive things like plague elites.

I can't really figure out how to keep my hatred up either. I'm running bats, mark of death w/ the hatred rune and the hatred passive for health globes and I still run out regularly. When you DO run out you're basically FUCKED. If there isn't a globe around you're pretty much dead which is annoying as fuck.

I'm not sure if you need to drop ASI but if you do, good luck dropping a mempo and getting a rare/legendary helm w/ Dex/AR/CC/Socket (spoiler: it's expensive).

Then there is the whole issue of discipline. For some reason I don't return a lot of disc off crits from rapid fire (low proc rate??) with the passive so it makes juggling the two resources even more difficult.

I'll probably try it again but after using EZmode grenade build it seemed like a lot of micromanaging all kinds of shit for a little extra DPS output.

The Rapid Fire build only seems viable for ubers, and maybe mid-range MPs. There are apparently ways to keep it going indefinitely, but I don't know what the setup is for those. I really haven't looked into it at all, since at my Paragon and gear level I have way better options for low/mid/high MPs already, and I don't run Ubers very often.

I'm not sure about what the crit rate is on Rapid Fire, but in general for Nightstalker to be effective your crit has to be pretty high. My DH is at 68% unbuffed and even then sometimes I don't feel like I get enough back.

Hi guys, I just found this ring, first good find since start of game pretty much lol.

I was just wondering if it would be worth any gold or real money.
loIPStk.jpg

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
The problem with Wiz and Barb is that those builds are doing the most damage to the class itself. Sure, it's cool you can go farm MP10 with mid-tier gear, but whenever I play on my wiz or barb I feel gimped if I'm using anything else. Never had that problem on my WD or DH (monks are a different story IMHO).

Nerfing them will kind of suck for people who are enjoying them, but to introduce some actual build diversity without nerfing them they would have to buff the living shit out of every skill not included in those builds to bring all the other skills up to par, and then make at least the higher MP's harder to compensate for the decreased difficulty.

And it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's just a really time consuming, fucked up and over-complicated way of nerfing those builds.

Hold on, are we talking about CM/WW or archon? Cause I sure as hell can't farm above MP5 with the archon build (and even then, not very efficiently).

V_Arnold

Hey guys! What do you think this one should go for?

BtDYadX.jpg

Thanks to its dex range, stuff like this seems to be put up in the EU ah around 100-200mill, is it actually worth that?

eek5

I think the problem is the diamond skin, explosive blast, frost nova loop.

IIRC the original quote is talking about WoTB and Archon specifically and how it wasn't really intended to give those respective classes infinite buffs. The timing of the quote was right before 1.0.8 which was weird because that's the patch where they buffed archon in groups so who knows what they're even thinking/planning. My guess is nothing will come of this.

Hey guys! What do you think this one should go for?

BtDYadX.jpg

Thanks to its dex range, stuff like this seems to be put up in the EU ah around 100-200mill, is it actually worth that?

Pricing gets really weird as you reach fringe stats. You can try undercuttin gpeople and hope you get lucky. I can't imagine too many people are searching for that though..

Talents

Banned
I've got a question about legendaries. Is there an equal chance to get each one? It seems when farming on Act 1 I get The Sultan of Blinding Sand quite often (so bad) and that Witch Doctors helmet.

That's a good question. I just assumed that it was all random and any trend I noticed was coincidence. Like I keep getting Tormentors and Fire Walkers.

M.D

Is there any solution for barbs to generate more fury? I always find myself having a hard time if I'm playing with a group, especially if it's low MP and mobs die quickly

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is there any solution for barbs to generate more fury? I always find myself having a hard time if I'm playing with a group, especially if it's low MP and mobs die quickly

Crit chance, attack speed, and hammer of the ancients

I've got a question about legendaries. Is there an equal chance to get each one? It seems when farming on Act 1 I get The Sultan of Blinding Sand quite often (so bad) and that Witch Doctors helmet.

The higher item level ones are less common. (Item level rolls first, and the lower ones are more common. Affixes can roll as level 63 on mp1+, but that doesn't help your legendary type)

Shifty76

Yesterday I had 4 of those lvl 60 one hand crossbows drop, 3 gidbinns, 2 grandfathers and a couple of Inna's Radiance's. All brimstone.

M.D

wow, this is weird

I just crafted some new gloves which added 30% crit damage which brought me up to 629%
I usually play MP7 cause it feels like the most efficient time wise, but now I feel like a freaking killing machine just murdering mobs at a crazy rate

I never thought adding just 30% could make such a difference

Crit chance, attack speed, and hammer of the ancients

47.50CC (50 with battle rage)
629CD
2.05AS

I don't think HoTA is good for WW builds? I do wonder if I should try to change my build.. I really love WW tho

eek5

wow, this is weird

I just crafted some new gloves which added 30% crit damage which brought me up to 629%
I usually play MP7 cause it feels like the most efficient time wise, but now I feel like a freaking killing machine just murdering mobs at a crazy rate

I never thought adding just 30% could make such a difference

47.50CC (50 with battle rage)
629CD
2.05AS

I don't think HoTA is good for WW builds? I do wonder if I should try to change my build.. I really love WW tho

Hota dumps and generates fury at the same time. With enough CC and attack speed you should be able to infinite WotB w/ just a single target.

HOTA didnt generate fury for me I couldnt keep it going ended up being a weird alternating default attack then hammer then default attack. As long as there were packs tho WW'ing and then HOTA would work but I couldnt keep that going and my WOTB would be lost. I dunno I dont think I have the gear for it.

Into The Fray crits are giving them fury. Run like the wind tornadoes and WW give them crits for fury. Also maybe they have IK 5 bonus and the fury skill.

eek5

Here's a guide to start:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893431637

Bash tops up fury as needed. This guide's not really state of the art, will see if I can find better.

You can stutter step (animation cancel) HOTA and rend by holding force move. A bit broken there.

That's outdated. People run w/ no fury generators now so they can do HoTA/WW not just HoTA.

autoattack->BR as soon as you can->autoattack+oveprower->sprint->WW->WoTB->WW/HoTA

Jrmint

Question for Barbs:

What's the lowest health that's safe for Inferno, mp5 or so?

I crafted some shoulders that increase my damage by 6k and keep my resistances at about ~550, but take my health down to 36k.

Is that probably too low or am I good?

eek5

Question for Barbs:

I crafted some shoulders that increase my damage by 6k and keep my resistances at about ~550, but take my health down to 36k.

I'm guessing you want around 300-350k eHP in MP5.

This is based off experience w/ my TR monk which has 250k eHP though. I rarely get one shot but some stuff brings me close.

Question for Barbs:

Try playing with them and see if you die too much.

As a general rule, I like to keep around 38-42K on MP 1-6 and MP 7-10 I like closer to 50K. Which is basically a swap of Ruby to Amethyst in the helm and maybe a piece or two with more defensive stats. Depends on your LS and LoH and Armor/AR too tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom