• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Doing a search on the US AH with:

8% AS
40% CD
170 Str
50 AR

just to lowball it I only get about 8 things; NONE of them have pickup radius, and the one that's most comparable to yours (not quite as good, but close without the pickup radius) is at 1.9 billion with ACTIVE bids. Don't even sell this on the RMAH, it's worth more than $250. Either put it up with no buyout and let the market decide, or hit up one of the forum sites for trading/buying. You are goddamn filthy rich, I think this is the first drop I've seen in months that I am actually genuinely jealous of.

ccbfan

Man this Gold inflation going on is killing me.

Gold value is literally dropping every day and I can't decide when to cash in.

Also I realized I had a d2jsp account with 2000+ fg but gold is also dropping like flies there. It was 2.5 fg per mil yesterday and now everyone is selling it for under 2 fg.

The buy low sell high trader in me won't let me get gold and start playing again.

Vicros

Yeah it took me at least 40 to get what I wanted. Still cheaper than the comparable item priced out on the AH.

I crafted my ammy, gloves, bracers and hellfire ring. Currently trying to replace my shoulders and have whacked at that craft at least 100 times.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Forty!? Son, I am on dex glove crafting attempt 312. And yes I've been keeping count.

I'm looking for:

Dex 225
fire res ~ 50
all res ~50
Attack speed 9%
Crit damage ~ 40%
Crit chance 10%

My current gloves are that minus the 9% attack and fire res.

Someone in chat posted pretty much those exact gloves the other day.

:(

eek5

I've crafted over 500 gloves w/ no trifecta. At one point I was getting ~100 DE per day so probably over 500 but I want to be conservative. lol

VALKYRAY

Banned
Thanks for doing that.. I honestly have no idea how to proceed as I've never found anything even remotely close to this in all my time playing D3.
I have some very powerful barb friends on my friend list. One of them is number 1 dps US. I can also ask them whether they interested buying, most likely with real money.

What's your battle tag?

MrDaravon

Messed around a bit with my monk alt using EP instead of the bell attack; on lower MPs is EP just not that effective? Was running Flesh is Weak, but wasn't really noticing it being really effective, I'm not sure if either the enemies were too weak, or is there trick in who/what you apply it too? Just running a cookie cutter dual wield FoT/Cyclone build; I tried the full build with combo strike and WotHF and that's just way too much to mess around with on an alt for right now, but I was curious about EP.

centracore

I have some very powerful barb friends on my friend list. One of them is number 1 dps US. I can also ask them whether they interested buying, most likely with real money.

What's your battle tag?

centracore#1918

That would be awesome - I'm still trying to get an approximate valuation but not I'm not having much luck anywhere.

Fularu

Banned
I've crafted over 500 gloves w/ no trifecta. At one point I was getting ~100 DE per day so probably over 500 but I want to be conservative. lol

Wow I'm prety happy now ith the ones I crafted yesterday then... (and the rolls was perfect for crit chance, no idea how high crit damage goes but it's not much beyond 40...)

Average, but not worthless. Crafting is pretty time consuming.

They sold for 30 million... I may have valued them on the low side.

eek5

Don't feel too bad, I just did 44 and no upgrade for me either =/

Edit: What would you guys say is the sweet spot for EHP? Every time I look at an affordable upgrade it lowers my EHP more and more. While I haven't had a problem yet, I don't want to go too far. Here's me:

http://d3up.com/b/623230

The Helm is a place holder (I have it now mostly for damage in key runs, I usually use an IK with more health and protection), and I know I only got 6% LS, I'm working on that too.

~550k w/ 91% reduction

I'd consider running IK belt (10% less DPS) and swapping bloodthirst for something liek brawler (30% extra dps when surrounded by 3 which is almost all the time) while gaining 30-35k EHP which would put you right under 500k.

inky

~550k w/ 91% reduction

I'd consider running IK belt (10% less DPS) and swapping bloodthirst for something liek brawler (30% extra dps when surrounded by 3 which is almost all the time) while gaining 30-35k EHP which would put you right under 500k.

Thanks. I do have an IK belt so I'll try that out. Never thought of that.

Wickwire

was about to log for the night but decided to finish up my run. got this and a shitty Tal's armor.

FQp8z0ml.jpg

Shifty76

Andy's helm with 250 dex & 100 vit...in demand? 11% fire dmg roll, 8% IAS (doh)

Only seem to be a couple on the AH (with rolls slightly lower than mine) and they're both over 100m - is that accurate? Never sold anything for more than 50m before!

Was bummed when I saw it wasn't a mempho, but then I ID'd it & saw +11k dps on the item compare & figured it might be worth something after all.

M.D

Anyone having this problem? I'm trying to sign in and it keeps telling me there's a new patch and my game will now close and the client will update... but then it tells me the game is up to date

I found this, but I'm using a client from my region so that's not the problem

koji

Anyone having this problem? I'm trying to sign in and it keeps telling me there's a new patch and my game will now close and the client will update... but then it tells me the game is up to date

I found this, but I'm using a client from my region so that's not the problem

Patch downloaded here (EU) about 15mins ago.

koji

Urgh, trying to buy a pair of int/vit depth diggers on the EU HC AH for my WD, shit is expensive, have 8.5mil but don't think that's going to be enough for the good ones. :-(

Have to resist spending my money on some mid range thing...

Anyone happen to have a "high plvl" hc wd I can have a look at?

MrDaravon

Andy's helm with 250 dex & 100 vit...in demand? 11% fire dmg roll, 8% IAS (doh)

Only seem to be a couple on the AH (with rolls slightly lower than mine) and they're both over 100m - is that accurate? Never sold anything for more than 50m before!

Was bummed when I saw it wasn't a mempho, but then I ID'd it & saw +11k dps on the item compare & figured it might be worth something after all.

I would think so; Andys have fallen out of favor somewhat but they're still a really good mid-tier choice for a lot of folks, especially if you don't care about eHP on that slot. Technically a good Andys would be a like 10k DPS improvement for me, but I'd lose like 110k eHP or something ridiculous. That should definitely be sellable though, that's about the highest dex roll I've ever seen on one, and I've never seen one with Vit that high. Congrats!

Unrelated: looking for Monk advice. My character here is doing pretty alright at 150k dps and 489 ehp, but when I play with her on any MP that's just not a total faceroll, I feel like I either need higher DPS to get more out of my offhand LS, or more likely I just need dual LS. I don't seem to have any easy upgrade paths (except I really need AR/LR on my gloves, still trying to craft a pair) especially with my weapons. Ideally for dual LS I'd have to replace my mainhand weapon which is my stronger one, and since I'm running cookie cutter I should be getting a WKL anyway; problem is that a rare or WKL with CD/LS is either way too expensive for me at the moment without dropping my DPS a fair amount. Should I just be saving up for a decent WKL to replace my mainhand?

Vodh

New wallpapers, a page listing streaming events with some community streamers, some 'happy birthday diablo 3' photos, 20 euro discount on the game for a week, and last but not least, 25% exp and MF boost for everyone that lasts till 21st of May.

GNY0A8SSPQNB1368521384049.jpg

Overall nothing jaw dropping, but I'm glad to see the anniversary didn't get overlooked because of all the negativity towards the game :)

DSmalls84

What is the optimal amount of Resistances to have now in Inferno? My Witch Doctor has like 500-600 AR and I'm not sure if I need more or could go less.

Wickwire

What is the optimal amount of Resistances to have now in Inferno? My Witch Doctor has like 500-600 AR and I'm not sure if I need more or could go less.

MY sorce has mid 500s and I usually farm MP3 easily. he has around 170K unbuffed dps. My monk is around 100k dps and 4-500 AR. I usually run mp5 with him.

Celegus

centracore#1918

That would be awesome - I'm still trying to get an approximate valuation but not I'm not having much luck anywhere.

Keep us updated, I'd love to know what ends up happening with it!

Also, happy 1 year anniversary D3! I remember staying extra late at work the day before so I could leave early and play all day last year. Too bad the servers ended up being broken until I would've gotten home normally. But still, my hype was through the roof and I played pretty much nothing else for a solid 6 months. Good times!

Shifty76

I would think so; Andys have fallen out of favor somewhat but they're still a really good mid-tier choice for a lot of folks, especially if you don't care about eHP on that slot. Technically a good Andys would be a like 10k DPS improvement for me, but I'd lose like 110k eHP or something ridiculous. That should definitely be sellable though, that's about the highest dex roll I've ever seen on one, and I've never seen one with Vit that high. Congrats!

Unrelated: looking for Monk advice. My character here is doing pretty alright at 150k dps and 489 ehp, but when I play with her on any MP that's just not a total faceroll, I feel like I either need higher DPS to get more out of my offhand LS, or more likely I just need dual LS. I don't seem to have any easy upgrade paths (except I really need AR/LR on my gloves, still trying to craft a pair) especially with my weapons. Ideally for dual LS I'd have to replace my mainhand weapon which is my stronger one, and since I'm running cookie cutter I should be getting a WKL anyway; problem is that a rare or WKL with CD/LS is either way too expensive for me at the moment without dropping my DPS a fair amount. Should I just be saving up for a decent WKL to replace my mainhand?

Woke up this morning to find it sold for 100m so that was a nice waking up present :)

Regarding your monk: Why chant of resonance? Doesn't look like you have any big spirit spenders to need the extra regen. I'd switch it for combo strike & then BoH for WotHF:BF.
Should give a nice dps boost, plus the IAS from WotHF will bump your backlash damage up.

Resists are a little on the low side - I'd try to fit in another 100 somewhere...your WH has none so that's a likely candidate. I'd get the rest on your helm - that 100-odd int isn't really doing you any favours. Should be easy to pick up 50 or so LR there.

I've nearly finished my switch from fire to lightning (still need new shoulders) so feel free to take a peek at mine if you want more ideas: http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

Been sinking a lot more time into Diablo 3 recently. It just seems to be scratching that online itch without being to intense. I can jump in/jump out and it's all pretty laid back.

I've taken two characters up to nightmare, DH & Monk, with my Monk nearly finishing Nightmare now.

I'm kinda clueless when it comes to what is decent gear. I don't really have a great deal of money either (1M more or less). I know that Dex is the primary stat for both, so I just look for gear that is high in Dex and that's about it. I'm starting to read some of the guides for Monk & DH, but it's pretty intensive stuff.

It kinda feels going into Hell that this might be the time I need to actually seriously think about what I put onto characters. Or should I just kick back and grind gold or what?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. All I've done at this point just run Act 1 > Act 4 going up the difficulties. I haven't even enabled any of the "MP" option stuff yet.

What acts should I be playing at this point? Should I be grinding? Focusing on raising more cash?

I guess I kind of need something to focus on and aim for now, with some pointers on what I should be looking at to spec out my character.

I'm a pretty casual player truth be told, but it'd be nice to hit max level and be able to run with the big boys and get more into the gearing side of things a little bit more.

Profile is here for any advice/pointers

Ok, my turn to ask for advice:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vodh-2936/hero/1792090

What do?

I'd love to get rid of OWE but I don't think it's gonna be possible on a 50m budget. Other than that, what can I upgrade for a reasonable money to make him better?

Your ring. The one that's not a Nat's ring is really bad. You could get cheap sholders that are better too. Search for Vile Ward with 200+ dex. Or craft 200+ dex sholders. Same with your bracers. All cheap upgrades if you craft.

I also personally hate the echoing fury, but to each their own. If you can get 500-600 AR you can drop OWE. My monk does MP10 just fine solo or in groups. I don't rock OWE or serenity. However, you need more sustain if that's the route you're going to take. I would drop the EF for a LS sword like your axe and work on upping your AR while making cheap crafts to the other items I listed.

Ah, the helm - yeah, that's a good idea, thanks!

Your helm is the best piece of your Innna's set.

Been sinking a lot more time into Diablo 3 recently. It just seems to be scratching that online itch without being to intense. I can jump in/jump out and it's all pretty laid back.

I've taken two characters up to nightmare, DH & Monk, with my Monk nearly finishing Nightmare now.

I'm kinda clueless when it comes to what is decent gear. I don't really have a great deal of money either (1M more or less). I know that Dex is the primary stat for both, so I just look for gear that is high in Dex and that's about it. I'm starting to read some of the guides for Monk & DH, but it's pretty intensive stuff.

It kinda feels going into Hell that this might be the time I need to actually seriously think about what I put onto characters. Or should I just kick back and grind gold or what?

I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do at this point. All I've done at this point just run Act 1 > Act 4 going up the difficulties. I haven't even enabled any of the "MP" option stuff yet.

What acts should I be playing at this point? Should I be grinding? Focusing on raising more cash?

I guess I kind of need something to focus on and aim for now, with some pointers on what I should be looking at to spec out my character.

I'm a pretty casual player truth be told, but it'd be nice to hit max level and be able to run with the big boys and get more into the gearing side of things a little bit more.

Profile is here for any advice/pointers

Save your money. Don't spend anything on crafting. Try and not use the AH and make it though hell and into inferno at level 60. Once you're there, hit us back up. There's a lot of cool people here who have spare gear and are more than willing to help once in inferno.

Acts 1-4 is really all there is. INcreasing difficulty and bettering ones gear is sort of the point. Once you reach inferno, there's some side missions such as Uber Bosses that help break up the pace. Farming with multiple people is a lot of fun too.

Opiate

Last night, an EF dropped. I almost sold it UNID on D2JSP, but decided to open it.

1271 DPS
Open Socket
66 CD
165 Dex
.25 AS

Billions, easily. Okay then. I hadn't exactly planned to roll with EF, but a weapon like that is hard to pass up.

Last night, an EF dropped. I almost sold it UNID on D2JSP, but decided to open it.

1271 DPS
Open Socket
66 CD
165 Dex
.25 AS

Billions, easily. Okay then. I hadn't exactly planned to roll with EF, but a weapon like that is hard to pass up.

Billions on top of your billions. lol.

Nice find though. The two echoing fury's I've found were garbage.

neoism

1271 DPS
Open Socket
66 CD
165 Dex
.25 AS

damn nice man...

also is US getting that pitiful bonus today or not.. :/

inky

Man... I should roll with you more often :p

Meanwhile I got a nice Ivory Tower yesterday (and by nice I mean total crap).

There was a guy on here who used to take everyone's un-ID'ed ivory towers so he could troll his friends while playing. It is funny watching everyone scrable for the POS you just tossed on the ground. HA.

MrDaravon

Woke up this morning to find it sold for 100m so that was a nice waking up present :)

Regarding your monk: Why chant of resonance? Doesn't look like you have any big spirit spenders to need the extra regen. I'd switch it for combo strike & then BoH for WotHF:BF.
Should give a nice dps boost, plus the IAS from WotHF will bump your backlash damage up.

Resists are a little on the low side - I'd try to fit in another 100 somewhere...your WH has none so that's a likely candidate. I'd get the rest on your helm - that 100-odd int isn't really doing you any favours. Should be easy to pick up 50 or so LR there.

I've nearly finished my switch from fire to lightning (still need new shoulders) so feel free to take a peek at mine if you want more ideas: http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

Congrats the AV sale!

-Chant of Resonance was on there from before 1.08 (haven't played the monk in a while) when I was running Wave of Light; with the lower density pre-patch I was finding I had issues keeping my Spirit up to re-cast Cyclone since I didn't have any Spirit regen; I can't imagine that's an issue now post-patch, I just hadn't changed it out.

-EP is only on there because I was just checking it out, but like I mentioned in my previous post I tried running it on MP3 or MP4 and it didn't seem to be doing a whole lot when enemies died; is there a trick in who/what you apply it to (maybe I should be spamming it more on everything?), or on that low of a difficulty is it just not really as effective?

-I had thrown Cyclone Strike on briefly this morning to check that out for group play, you don't recommend it then? Playing with other Monks this past week it seemed to be really useful, although I guess not required.

-My resists are kinda weird right now; I've been meaning to get a Inna with them (the Inna helm I have now is from a while back) so I'll look into that ASAP, but also I've been super unlucky and haven't been able to get a decent pair of gloves crafted with either resist, much less both. Once I (eventually) get that that should be over a 100 easy right there. The WH I have now I got at a complete steal (like 2 mil?), I'll take a look into that.

On the whole though I've only played this character very little and not in a while, so looking to ease back into it; I'll give your skill setup a go, but at a first glance I can already tell that I'm going to have problems juggling Fot, WotHF and EP (which I'm still not clear on how to use properly). You're ruining my plans of casually running this alt Monk running cookie cutter and just hitting shit until it dies :(

My main problem seems to be is that I melt most mobs/elites, but my LS isn't good enough when I start hitting crazy affixes like a lot of molten, reflect, etc. so I have to pop Serenity/Breath of Heaven. Is that not a problem with your build? Skill setup aside, I think my LS is my primary issue at the moment, but I don't think I have the budget to straight upgrade my mainhand to a LS weapon without taking a moderate DPS hit, so not sure how much of a tradeoff I should make there. Ideally I really need to get a WKL for the hidden dps there, but it would either have to replace my mainhand (which is my stronger weapon, but the one with no LS on it right now) or I'd have to replace my Butcher's Sickle offhand with the WKL then get a different rare with LS on it. I tried looking this morning for a rare with LoH which I know isn't as good, but might've been a decent budget option (I don't think I'm running THAT short on my sustain yet) but those aren't much cheaper anyway. I'm going to run some numbers with that Monk calculator you linked a while back that spits out WKL hidden DPS to see what I can come up with. Only have a 20-30 mil budget for this, so not sure how good I can get with that really.

Vio-Lence

Banned

1271 DPS
Open Socket
66 CD
165 Dex
.25 AS

damn, that's an awesome drop. high dps, nice CD roll, perfect AS, and OS. too bad it didn't roll strength.

----
ppl playing on US feel free to add me, i'm probably going to start playing again after a hiatus.
polishmoves#1333
p lvl 61 barb
p lvl 32 wizard

Congrats the AV sale!

-Chant of Resonance was on there from before 1.08 (haven't played the monk in a while) when I was running Wave of Light; with the lower density pre-patch I was finding I had issues keeping my Spirit up to re-cast Cyclone since I didn't have any Spirit regen; I can't imagine that's an issue now post-patch, I just hadn't changed it out.

-EP is only on there because I was just checking it out, but like I mentioned in my previous post I tried running it on MP3 or MP4 and it didn't seem to be doing a whole lot when enemies died; is there a trick in who/what you apply it to (maybe I should be spamming it more on everything?), or on that low of a difficulty is it just not really as effective?-I had thrown Cyclone Strike on briefly this morning to check that out for group play, you don't recommend it then? Playing with other Monks this past week it seemed to be really useful, although I guess not required.

-My resists are kinda weird right now; I've been meaning to get a Inna with them (the Inna helm I have now is from a while back) so I'll look into that ASAP, but also I've been super unlucky and haven't been able to get a decent pair of gloves crafted with either resist, much less both. Once I (eventually) get that that should be over a 100 easy right there. The WH I have now I got at a complete steal (like 2 mil?), I'll take a look into that.

On the whole though I've only played this character very little and not in a while, so looking to ease back into it; I'll give your skill setup a go, but at a first glance I can already tell that I'm going to have problems juggling Fot, WotHF and EP (which I'm still not clear on how to use properly). You're ruining my plans of casually running this alt Monk running cookie cutter and just hitting shit until it dies :(

My main problem seems to be is that I melt most mobs/elites, but my LS isn't good enough when I start hitting crazy affixes like a lot of molten, reflect, etc. so I have to pop Serenity/Breath of Heaven. Is that not a problem with your build? Skill setup aside, I think my LS is my primary issue at the moment, but I don't think I have the budget to straight upgrade my mainhand to a LS weapon without taking a moderate DPS hit, so not sure how much of a tradeoff I should make there. Ideally I really need to get a WKL for the hidden dps there, but it would either have to replace my mainhand (which is my stronger weapon, but the one with no LS on it right now) or I'd have to replace my Butcher's Sickle offhand with the WKL then get a different rare with LS on it. I tried looking this morning for a rare with LoH which I know isn't as good, but might've been a decent budget option (I don't think I'm running THAT short on my sustain yet) but those aren't much cheaper anyway. I'm going to run some numbers with that Monk calculator you linked a while back that spits out WKL hidden DPS to see what I can come up with. Only have a 20-30 mil budget for this, so not sure how good I can get with that really.

EP explosions scale with enemy HP. That's the reason it's so awesome. When you go to MP10, the explosions are huge. Combine EP with Cyclone Strike and you can take out whole packs of enemies real fast. I walk in to a pack, lay out some EP's on both large and small mobs and then start wacking. When enemies run from you cyclone them back into the pack. When an explosion is about to go off, cyclone them all in too. EP works AMAZING with a CM wiz. We actually broke the game the other day pulling huge packs of mobs, cyloning them all into being frozen and them watching them all blow up with EP. So much going on the game was lagging.

I highly recomend Cyclone Strike. Especially in groups. I know shifty doesn't like it, but to each their own. It depends on the play style. I'm not big on blinding flash and find more use out of Cyclone Strike.

Nothing wrong with Chant. I'm currently using it with Exaulted Soul when playing in groups and just Chant while solo dropping exaulted for resolve. Having spirit builders along with my fill innas set helps make sure I have tons of spirit to waste on EP's and Cylones.

I don't run serenity, have about 600AR, don't run OWE. The backlash build with dual LS weapons is wear it's at on MP10. My sustain is monsterous.

If you're on later we can play and I"ll show you how I run.

EDIT: the backlash build doesn't work well with a CM Wiz BTW. I drop backlash for conviction when grouping with a wiz.

MrDaravon

EP explosions scale with enemy HP. That's the reason it's so awesome. When you go to MP10, the explosions are huge. Combine EP with Cyclone Strike and you can take out whole packs of enemies real fast. I walk in to a pack, lay out some EP's on both large and small mobs and then start wacking. When enemies run from you cyclone them back into the pack. When an explosion is about to go off, cyclone them all in too. EP works AMAZING with a CM wiz. We actually broke the game the other day pulling huge packs of mobs, cyloning them all into being frozen and them watching them all blow up with EP. So much going on the game was lagging.

Nothing wrong with Chant. I'm currently using it when not playing solo.

I don't run serenity, have about 600AR, don't run OWE. The backlash build with dual LS weapons is wear it's at on MP10. My sustain is monsterous.

If you're on later we can play and I"ll show you how I run.

Yeah, I had a feeling that EP just wasn't working great because the monsters were already pretty easy, that's good to know though.

I guess my main concern/issue with not having Serenity is I don't like not having an oh shit button for when you get frozen, multiple sentries, etc. I actually just made a 10 mil sale on the AH I had forgotten about from this morning (good reduced level gear still sells, which kind of surprises me) so that ups my budget to around 30 mil. Going to try to see if I can get either a WKL or good rare with LS without tanking my DPS if possible >_>

Yeah, I had a feeling that EP just wasn't working great because the monsters were already pretty easy, that's good to know though.

I guess my main concern/issue with not having Serenity is I don't like not having an oh shit button for when you get frozen, multiple sentries, etc. I actually just made a 10 mil sale on the AH I had forgotten about from this morning (good reduced level gear still sells, which kind of surprises me) so that ups my budget to around 30 mil. Going to try to see if I can get either a WKL or good rare with LS without tanking my DPS if possible >_>

Yeah EP is rad. It's the only skill we have that scales damgae with mob difficulty. It's pretty hilarious watcing 20 monsters fly into the air.

30 million sohould get you around a 900-1000 DPS / 50+ CD / SOC / 2.7+ LS weapon. Get dual LS weapons if you can.

You have to be more aware of your surrounding while not running serenity, but losing the saftey button opens up better playstyles. I dropped it well before I was where I"m at.

Shifty76

I highly recomend Cyclone Strike. Especially in groups. I know shifty doesn't like it, but to each their own. It depends on the play style. I'm not big on blinding flash and find more use out of Cyclone Strike.

I'm a fan of CS actually. Just don't have room for it on my bar when running solo. I drop combo strike & a generator for it (heal rune) and guiding light for group play. I run with BF instead for solo as it helps burst down elites faster.

@Sailor: EP is fantastic - probably one of our best skills if not the best skill for solo play.

Between my LS and backlash proccing lots of it, that's generally enough to keep me alive in most situations. I ran with a cheap rare fist that had socket, 3% LS and ~800 LoH as a spare weapon for a long time. THink it cost me around a million or so, so easily affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom