• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Nice to see the patch reinvigorated the AH/RMAH. I have not been able to sell crap on either in the past week but ended up making about 500k on the AH from middling items and about $30 on the RMAH while I slept. Feels goodman.

Xanathus

Found another legendary on my 3rd run, unfortunately it was Stone Gauntlets which is unsellable even for the base price on the AH. Did they even update this? There doesn't seem to be a gimmick to this legendary, the stun chance is minuscule.

Won

Seems like the Witch Doctor now does indeed play like it was advertised. At least in hell. Now to find the motivation to push a character to 60.....

Fellow barbarian-GAF with the advent of two handers being an option now... would you say dual wield is still superior?

I'm thinking about switching from dual wield to 2hander as a Frenzy-Barb and I can probably make the stat bump up in difference easily (probably get 300 more STR at a minimum as well).

Cipherr

Seems like the Witch Doctor now does indeed play like it was advertised. At least in hell. Now to find the motivation to push a character to 60.....

Do it. More level 60 WD's the better now. I absolutely love them as group mates now. Summon all the pets, ALL of them.

Da fuck with everyone getting legendaries?

Anyway, tried a Trail of Cinders build. Entertaining as it just melts stuff (at least in Act 1), but hardly ideal or "safe" compared to other builds. Perhaps if I built more around it.

Cipherr

bring back exp shrines in inferno bro

Edit: They just said that in the next patch (1.1) one of the AH improvements is searchable damage ranges on offhand items for casters.

Vicros

So a hilarious thing happened last night. I was grinding away paragon levels when my barb friend messaged me and said he found a good weapon for me. A one handed monk weapon with 950 dps - 800 life on hit - 170 dex and 200 vit.

It's a 800 dps upgrade for me, even losing some crit dmg. So I equip my new weapon and finish farming the under fortress in act 3. I then return to town and vendor all the shit in my inventory.

Including my 20 million gold one handed mace. Hilarious!

I'm still laughing.

lol I just got my 3rd legendary since 1.04. Pic incoming!

Not as good as my lacuni prowlers from day 1 but none the less:

aHTR1.png

Cipherr

So a hilarious thing happened last night. I was grinding away paragon levels when my barb friend messaged me and said he found a good weapon for me. A one handed monk weapon with 950 dps - 800 life on hit - 170 dex and 200 vit.

It's a 800 dps upgrade for me, even losing some crit dmg. So I equip my new weapon and finish farming the under fortress in act 3. I then return to town and vendor all the shit in my inventory.

Including my 20 million gold one handed mace. Hilarious!

I'm still laughing.

Jesus man... that freaking sucks.

Stripes55

Neo Member
I didn't find any, but I played for maybe 3 hours or so.

Yeah, this was my situation. It's all good, though, found a couple decent rares. Although...am I just recalling things wrong, or was Act I always bad when it came to anything better than a blue? Took me forever (and 3 NVs) to actually get a rare. Got them pretty regularly after that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey guys!

lvl 60 WD here, loving the patch! I'm having hella fun with pets on inferno.

Anyways, I got this item, and I'd request a pricecheck if y'all dont mind ;D

Thanks!

dawn.jpg

I'll be closing in on Lv 60 with my DH soon. What are good skills/runes to have?
I can pretty much destroy act 3/4. My personal build is bat companion, preperation, smoke screen, gloom, hungering arrow, cluster bombs. almost 66K in DPS without sharpshooter, 41 crit chance, use the scoundrel follower for the necessary boosts.

MedIC86

maybe its just me but im having problems with the performance of D3 since the patch, before it was smooth sailing, but i get some fps hickups now and then since the patch. Anyone else have this?

edit: just checked, lowering the graphic options doesnt help at all....weird.

Cipherr

maybe its just me but im having problems with the performance of D3 since the patch, before it was smooth sailing, but i get some fps hickups now and then since the patch. Anyone else have this?

Same. Rock solid performance before. I had some downright ghastly hitches yesterday though. Serious FPS chugging.

I've had the same problems. Fiddled with the options quite a bit to no avail.

edit: found this listed under known issues on the bug forum...

It is possible for certain machines to experience "stuttering" when all of the game's assets are fully loaded. Our testing has concluded on this issue and Blizzard hopes to have this resolved in a future patch.

I'm assuming this is what they're talking about.

MedIC86

I've had the same problems. Fiddled with the options quite a bit to no avail.

edit: found this listed under known issues on the bug forum...

I'm assuming this is what they're talking about.

in a future patch.......meh could take a long time, hate it when my game stutters.

Yeah, this was my situation. It's all good, though, found a couple decent rares. Although...am I just recalling things wrong, or was Act I always bad when it came to anything better than a blue? Took me forever (and 3 NVs) to actually get a rare. Got them pretty regularly after that.
That was probably just some bad luck. I'm rocking 208% base MF(woohoo thanks to 9% from my 3 Paragon levels) and sometimes I still don't get a yellow on my first couple packs.

Definitely noticed the improved drop rates off the regular mobs yesterday. I was going back and forth to town a lot more. So convenient having the vendor right next to the WP/TP area in Act 2. No more running down the stairs for me!

Does everybody tend to pick up all blues/yellows or do you skip some of the lower level stuff? I tend to just pick up anything blue or yellow and vendor anything that's not worth putting up on the AH. Only exception is if it's a crappy legendary that's 61 or up I would salvage.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im torn between using a Barb or demon Hunter help me gaf

kinggroin

Banned
Goblins that can gang up on you and steal your monies!

My barb build is currently:

Cleave with broad swing (more hits for LOH!)
War cry with 50% resist
Battle cry with damage boost
Revenge with 30% chance
Ground stomp with pull in enemy rune (very effective for revenge/rend/cleave)
And rend with life regen

Using the armor increase and elemental/ranged damage reduction passives

This is just using one 2 handed with 1200 LOH and 6% life steal

Going to start getting regen armor so I can kite (aiming for 2500-3000 hp/sec)

Hoping to have a pseudo aggressive/defensive combination

Whoa! I just tried this build and it rocks!

Made a small change and swapped out rend for WW since rend wasn't giving me enough life back on hit, plus WW allowed me to maneuver in big crowds better (while gaining fury on hit).

I want a 300 STR, 150+ Crt Dmg, 500 LoH+ socket Skorn please for ~23 mil.

Only a week or two to wait. Maybe I'll have more cash by then.

(Soon)

Finally completed Hell now that WDs aren't reliant on burning every skill to vomit bears nonstop. The skill is still good for burst though.

You didn't have to pre-patch, I was pure Firebomb/Splinters in Act 2 before 1.04 (and I switched to barbarian). People just didn't want to experiment or try something new.

Saprol

Finally completed Hell now that WDs aren't reliant on burning every skill to vomit bears nonstop. The skill is still good for burst though.

Pets were surviving well in an Inferno Act1 pub, excluding the occasional fire/poison pools that the AI won't step out of.

kennah

I found an amazing scoundrel token.

170 dex, 115 vit, 40 resist all and 115 life on hit.

Too bad no one uses scoundrel.

Hmm it was mention before patch that there will be legendaries locking to your char like in wow but i don't see it now in patch notes so maybe it's not true.

Trickster

Hmm it was mention before patch that there will be legendaries locking to your char like in wow but i don't see it now in patch notes so maybe it's not true.

As long as the droprates are as low as they are currently, they'd never implement something like that, unless they wanted everyone to stop playing.

RS4-

My second drop in two days, too bad I'm a damn monk. Needed the dex instead.

a042k.jpg

Whereas I had zero legendary drops since release.

+.21 attacks per second, how does that work and different than IAS? You get an extra 1/5 dps dmg per hit?

That's like 25% speed boost, look at the attack per second, it's 1,47. A mace is 1.20. It's now faster than a sword with 5% speed boost.

Barb would sell an arm for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom