• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came back from a long hiatus, and I was able to steadily improve my barb.
Mostly thanks to some awesome snipes on AH (both my rings for under 2 mil), and lucky crafts on bracer and amulet.

Now, I am trying to sell a ring I found that I posted here earlier, and with that money (hopefully 500~700mil?), I am looking for some upgrades.

Does anyone know where I can get significant upgrades with the money, for farming mp10 act 1 & 2?
I don't know if dual wield is better for farming, but I may switch.

http://d3up.com/b/648708
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sorijealut-1247/hero/3146655

neoism

I came back from a long hiatus, and I was able to steadily improve my barb.
Mostly thanks to some awesome snipes on AH (both my rings for under 2 mil), and lucky crafts on bracer and amulet.

Now, I am trying to sell a ring I found that I posted here earlier, and with that money (hopefully 500~700mil?), I am looking for some upgrades.

Does anyone know where I can get significant upgrades with the money, for farming mp10 act 1 & 2?
I don't know if dual wield is better for farming, but I may switch.

http://d3up.com/b/648708
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sorijealut-1247/hero/3146655
it will take awhile I only sold mine for 300m but it was mostly because of the maintenance that week
was hoping for more but owell... :/
jbdYeh8KTwZIR0_e.jpg

it will take awhile I only sold mine for 300m but it was mostly because of the maintenance that week
was hoping for more but owell... :/
jbdYeh8KTwZIR0_e.jpg

Damn... you had some nice stuff on it as well, I feel you. I want to sell for a lot but I find myself lowering the price because no one ever wants to pay the right price anymore :(

MrDaravon

Backlash build works great, but shines in massive packs. The more things surrounding you and missing, the more the backlash procs and the more sustain you get / damange you're dealing. When running MoC, there was a limit to the size of groups I would want to pull. This hasn't been the case with backlash for me. Right now the limiting factor in how many enimies I pull seems to be the game breaking lag that results from too much shit going on at once. That and I dont like pulling three elite / champ packs.

IMO it's a double gain for me in MP10. It helps provide the sustain I need with dual LS weapons AND, it's doing good damage around me. IMO the backlash build really really shines with the addition of (You've got to be sick of me lol) Exploding Palm.

I used to be able to do MP10 in groups and not very well solo. I just didn't have the sustain to keep me alive well enough. EP was doing good DMG, but I would die too often. The swap to backlash changed that. However, only when combined with EP does the build really shine for a huge reason. That boom.

If you can pull 15-30 + mobs and lay out a 2-3 EP's, you can really take out mobs fast. Sweeping wind / tornadoes / backlash bursts and your standard attack drain life around you and then one boom starts a chain reaction. Whole groups crumble and go flying in all directions. It's really quite entertaining.

I haven't done the math, but IMO, the build makes less sense when you reach a point that you just melt stuff. It also makes zero sense when playing with a CM wiz. If you're playing solo, in a group that doesn't have a wiz, can't melt stuff in 1-2hits and/or need a little sustain, it's been the most effective build I've played so far.

Sounds about right; running on MP4ish I should probably rolling Conviction since I melt trash mobs and Elites aren't difficult. At higher MPs I completely agree with you, just wasn't sure if anyone had done the math or figured out a breakpoint :p. I've tried actually watching for the trigger effect on Backlash, but there's usually so much goddamn shit going on that it's hard to even see it half the time, much less how much it's doing.

How much does it cost to gear up a DH to at least not be completely terrible in groups and how do I do it?

Infinity.

Half joking, but it's going to be a bitch. At low MPs like any class you can roll with pretty much whatever since shit just dies. At mid to high MPs the only particularly viable DH builds are Bola/Trap or Grenade/Trap. Hungering Arrow with the bone splinter rune instead of Bola also probably works if you really want. The main thing in any case is Spike Trap/Echoing Blast; it's your primary DPS skill by far as a DH at high level.

In group play I'd say that anything up to about MP7-8 I'd go with Bola/Trap, since assuming you're playing with competent people shit is going to die too fast for you to really set up Grenades/Turrets/Traps . The Grenade build totally works and is the best way for you to survive, but you'll have to have the ehp and LoH/LS to facetank which is pretty viable with the build, but requires a bit of setup so it works best at really high MPs since even good groups aren't going to be able to kill stuff THAT fast and it gives you a bit of time to actually set down at least one turret and get some traps off. In general I run the Grenade build though since even though my paper DPS is great (240k) DH's just can't do it with the speed of other classes, but with Grenades and my ability to tank I play really aggressive in making sure that I'm getting down the Guardian Turrets where my allies are and keeping everything marked with Valley of Death. So even if I'm not doing as MUCH damage as a Monk or Barb, I'm still doing damage while buffing and debuffing while also not getting killed every 5 seconds like most DH's.

Costwise I'm honestly not sure how much it costs these days, I've had most of my stuff for months. One reason that I like the Grenade build so much and have recently switched to it primarily is that I can use the same gear for both builds, I just swap out between a Manticore and Unity on Bola for a Calamity and SoJ on Grenades. I can actually try to do some math to see what it costs now, but I'd also suggest checking out the DH subreddit, they have some builds up. I'd have to guess at this point you can build a mid-MP DH for probably 20-30 mil either way, just keep in mind that the DH only really excels at low and high MPs due to how their skills work; certain skills are fantastic for fast killing but only work at low levels (like permastrafing, which isn't really a group activity anyway unless that's what everyone is doing) or for tanking with setup at high MPs like the builds above.

The DH reddit is here, you can see some of the build setup and suggestions on the right: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Demonhunters

I was playing last when MP first came out but back then it was pointless to farm higher MP levels. Everyone just farmed act 3 MP0. Now things have changed. I have 90K unbuffed DPS, only 2 million in the bank, P36, around 700+ all res. I can do MP4/MP5 but it takes awhile beyond that its just not worth the effort for me.

yo when are we gonna do some MP5 farming

neoism

Cant believe those rings lol, I've never gotten anything close to being that good. Dear lord, I would rock a monk or DH if I got that.

lol yeah j I really should have kept it... but as much I used to love monks they just dont run fast enough for me now lol barbs ruined me :p I got it in a 4 player mp4 act 3 run and didn't id it til it was over.. I really couldn't believe it at first @_@ best item I've ever found in 450+ hours

lol yeah j I really should have kept it... but as much I used to love monks they just dont run fast enough for me now lol barbs ruined me :p I got it in a 4 player mp4 act 3 run and didn't id it til it was over.. I really couldn't believe it at first @_@ best item I've ever found in 450+ hours

I dunno those TR monks are faster than barbs it seems. Although I guess barbs that can keep up their WOTB are just as fast, but I cant. N I got 300 hours on my DH and 300 on my Barb I think I'll get to Paragon 100 and then do Monk next.

neoism

I dunno those TR monks are faster than barbs it seems. Although I guess barbs that can keep up their WOTB are just as fast, but I cant. N I got 300 hours on my DH and 300 on my Barb I think I'll get to Paragon 100 and then do Monk next.

yeah never really liked TR monks I would go with exploding palm and sweeping wind basically this I still should try it one day with the right gear...but from the vids it just looks like mindless running through enemies and shit still monks should have like 50% movement speed they should be the fastest characters in the game :/

Sounds about right; running on MP4ish I should probably rolling Conviction since I melt trash mobs and Elites aren't difficult. At higher MPs I completely agree with you, just wasn't sure if anyone had done the math or figured out a breakpoint :p. I've tried actually watching for the trigger effect on Backlash, but there's usually so much goddamn shit going on that it's hard to even see it half the time, much less how much it's doing.

Easist way to see backlash effects are to pull massive, massive amounts of mobs and then cyclone them in. Backlash is proc'ing so fast nothing but yellow from your crit hits will fill the screen. It's crazy how many crits are going off.

EDIT: TR builds were more fun when MP just became a thing and it was still more efficient to run MP0-1 fast. Now it seems more mindless than anything. I'm really enjoying MP10. Having to dodge the occasional arcane or avoid a freeze while on a desecrator again is a blast. Feels more like when I was first entering inferno. I'm hoping they open up MP levels and increase mob difficulty more for the future too.

MrDaravon

Jesus fucking Christ, was looking around weighing the pros and cons of swapping out Inna pants and my crafted bracers for a Blackthorne Pants and Lacuni Prowlers (I would have to do both at once to not fuck myself, but has potential gains for the Grenade build since I could drop my LoH Calamity for a socketed one) and came across the profile for the #1 DH in the world: http://www.viciouscattle.com/hero/kamikaze-6577/19350098/us

BlRT4zd.png

Easist way to see backlash effects are to pull massive, massive amounts of mobs and then cyclone them in. Backlash is proc'ing so fast nothing but yellow from your crit hits will fill the screen. It's crazy how many crits are going off.

Yeah, I need to not have tornadoes up and do that, force of habit :p

Dahbomb

Best DH in the world doesn't have a crafted Shoulder piece which would give her more damage.

Meh.

But those 2 Natalya pieces are worth more than my entire gear.

I think if he crafted his Amulet and Shoulder piece with some great rolls he can get over 600K DPS. Maybe...

MrDaravon

Best DH in the world doesn't have a crafted Shoulder piece which would give her more damage.

Meh.

But those 2 Natalya pieces are worth more than my entire gear.

I think if he crafted his Amulet and Shoulder piece with some great rolls he can get over 600K DPS. Maybe...

Crafting a Shoulder piece would only have the potential for 33 more Dex (330 is the max IIRC?), but he would then also have to replicate near perfect rolls on Vit, AR, Life % and Armor. Same for the Amulet; he could in theory get higher Dex, but he's already got 6% IAS, 99% CD and perfect CC along with 100+ Vit and 11% Life. Even if you want to completely scrap the Vit and Life % rolls, maintaining that trifecta on top of getting a higher Dex roll would already require astronomical odds.

So theoretically yes, but in practice hell no. Come on man.

Also FYI that site shows unbuffed damage; with Archery he's got to be over 600k already, although Impale as his primary obviously skews that. Unless he actually runs that skill setup, which would be super bizarre.

Slayerx

Played over 30 hours of D3 during the last week......Really enjoying myself. Could be because I switched to Barb from WD. Whirlwind is everything, I don't even know how to express myself properly here :'(

DH's cost a ton to get good stats. Especially if you want to keep your surviveability. Its a terribly underpowered class and I feel bad for people playing them. Its not as noticeable until you play like Uber MP 10's and there are mobs and mobs one shotting you.

I gave up on my DH, however I have recently been using him a bit and gearing him up.

Holy crap at that DH. Like every piece he has is a 2bill+ item. Must have spent a fortune.

OK and to add some constructive criticism. My two suggestions

-Reduce the Vault cooldown on that rune and reduce discipline cost on the others, so DH's can get some speed/travel boost as long as more escaping.
-Give Perfectionist a skill boost. 10% is too low. Meanwhile Barbs have skills that give them 30% more damage and Monks have skills that give them like an extra 200-300 resist (OWE)...doesnt seem to match evenly.

elfinke

Played over 30 hours of D3 during the last week......Really enjoying myself. Could be because I switched to Barb from WD. Whirlwind is everything, I don't even know how to express myself properly here :'(

Haha, those are the two characters I've been replaying since getting back into D3 this last week or so.

Makes for an interesting skill swap, going from Plague of Toads + Zombie Bears and keeping my distance, to Sprint + WW and getting right up in the grills of groups of enemies.

That 500k+ DPS DH above is awe inspiring. Bloody hell.

Dahbomb

Crafting a Shoulder piece would only have the potential for 33 more Dex (330 is the max IIRC?), but he would then also have to replicate near perfect rolls on Vit, AR, Life % and Armor. Same for the Amulet; he could in theory get higher Dex, but he's already got 6% IAS, 99% CD and perfect CC along with 100+ Vit and 11% Life. Even if you want to completely scrap the Vit and Life % rolls, maintaining that trifecta on top of getting a higher Dex roll would already require astronomical odds.

So theoretically yes, but in practice hell no. Come on man.

Also FYI that site shows unbuffed damage; with Archery he's got to be over 600k already, although Impale as his primary obviously skews that. Unless he actually runs that skill setup, which would be super bizarre.
It's all about the DAMAGE PER SECOND mang.

Cipherr

Backlash seems to be really noticeable if you just start a game and go somewhere with dense packs of mobs (Fields of Misery is good for this), then just run around collecting packs so you can kill them all at once. As you run past all the packs and they take potshots at you, you will see it proccing and refilling your HP via lifesteal.

Neat.

eek5

How much does it cost to gear up a DH to at least not be completely terrible in groups and how do I do it?

For MP8 I'd say around 80-100mil

http://d3up.com/b/481048/bast

Heres my DH. I think the total is around 90m million gold. All the crafts are hand-me-downs from my monk.

Helm - 5mil
Chest - 20mil
Belt - 5mil
Pants - 20m
Rare Ring - 5mil
Nats Ring - 5mil
Nats boots 10m
Calamity - 15m
DML - 2m bid at last second!

In the process of buying and upgrading his gear I also probably flipped like 60m profit so it ended up not being so bad..

FWIW: I can h andle MP10 fine but the damage output is not nearly enough to "contribute". I can make it look like I'm doing stuff but in reality I'm just staying alive and leeching. At MP8 I'm actually killing stuff.

MrDaravon

DH's cost a ton to get good stats. Especially if you want to keep your surviveability. Its a terribly underpowered class and I feel bad for people playing them. Its not as noticeable until you play like Uber MP 10's and there are mobs and mobs one shotting you.

Roll Grenade build; on MP10 solo I facetank everything and do not die period, unless I horribly fuck up somehow.

FWIW: I can h andle MP10 fine but the damage output is not nearly enough to "contribute". I can make it look like I'm doing stuff but in reality I'm just staying alive and leeching. At MP8 I'm actually killing stuff.

THIS is more the problem. I was just rolling in 4 player MP10 game with Fender, Tal and Xero and I was facetanking and surviving hilarious shit that was killing everyone else (although I still died a few times for sure), but it's hard to say how much I was helping. I was keeping everything tagged with Valley of Death and getting Guardian Turrets out as much as possible, but it's hard to gauge how effective that is, especially combined with everything on MP10 having a shitload of HP as is and your main DPS attack (traps) are practically invisible when shit is happening onscreen. With my gear I've probably crossed the point where I'm not actively a burden on the team, but I have to work way harder for it and probably have spent way more money on it to not just be dead weight. They need to do something about it, playing beyond MP6 or so is just inferiority complex city for DHs.

Fularu

Banned
I wonder why sites like viciouscattle and d3progress (?) give me 135k dps while my char sheet or d3up give me both 183k...

Don'T they factor in talents?

Dahbomb

FML I just wasted so much gold and demon essences on crafting and got nothing.

I really need a big ticket item drop or my items on the AH to sell lol.

Cipherr

Im up to over 200 necklaces (dex) and over 200 bracers (I think its bracers, might be shoulders, eh Im tired)

But with zero good ones. Its extremely painful.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I wonder why sites like viciouscattle and d3progress (?) give me 135k dps while my char sheet or d3up give me both 183k...

Don'T they factor in talents?
Diablo progress does not include buff from passives (weapon master, ruthless etc) it's your true unbuffed dps.
Ps: Hidden average rolled on items are not calculated into your dps on diabloprogress as well.

xero273

Does multiple time warps stack? I'm talking about the rune which does 20% more damage for enemies inside. When I play with cm wiz, if one wiz is using that rune, I will usually use the increase attack speed rune.

Im up to over 200 necklaces (dex) and over 200 bracers (I think its bracers, might be shoulders, eh Im tired)

But with zero good ones. Its extremely painful.

It's totally worth it. On craft 300 I finally got new shoulders. I've crafted an Amy, gloves, bracers, shoulders and hellfire ring.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Gem prices seem low since the patch, even compared to the new stack size - will this be the new norm? I was thinking of buying a few as it seems that is the only thing to retain its value anymore. Thoughts?

Fularu

Banned
Diablo progress does not include buff from passives (weapon master, ruthless etc) it's your true unbuffed dps.
Ps: Hidden average rolled on items are not calculated into your dps on diabloprogress as well.
Ugh I'm never hitting 200k unbuffed then (and to think I believed I was close :( )

Well not with 42million anyway :p

Ugh I'm never hitting 200k unbuffed then (and to think I believed I was close :( )

Well not with 42million anyway :p

Yeah I was looking at my gear last night trying to see where I can sqeek out more DPS from and it's starting to look expensive. lol

I think I'm gonna need like 750 million to 1 billion to upgrade weapons that will have me break 200k. Half my armor is crafted. The other half would be 100-250+ to replace each piece and some pieces are pretty maxed out. Not really sure where to go from here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Indirect nerfs to One With Everything in the itemization patch:

When the higher single res values roll out with the itemization changes, you will no longer see single resistances on the same item with all res. And OWE will still be a big benefit, but it won’t be as huge as it can be now. So to use some numbers, say that All Res goes up to 80 on an item, in the future single res will go up to 100 or 115. But you’ll never get both on the same item.

From Wyatt Cheng's comments on Archon's stream. (thread)

Shifty76

Yeah I was looking at my gear last night trying to see where I can sqeek out more DPS from and it's starting to look expensive. lol

I think I'm gonna need like 750 million to 1 billion to upgrade weapons that will have me break 200k. Half my armor is crafted. The other half would be 100-250+ to replace each piece and some pieces are pretty maxed out. Not really sure where to go from here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/4022975

A bit more crit chance would help, as would more dex & avg dmg.

Amulet you should be able to get a decent dps boost as yours has no avg dmg, middling cd and low dex. I paid 16m for mine which has 100-ish dex, 50 avg dmg, 9% cc, 70% cd (it would be a 15.5k dps boost for you) though your amulet is a problem since it contains so much of your vit. You want to spread that vit around on different pieces so that you don't take such a hit when you upgrade that slot.

Nice ehp rolls on the bracers but pretty low dex. I'd be tempted to keep rolling those hoping for similar ehp rolls but 270+ dex.

Witching Hour would likely be a good upgrade in the belt slot, though it could be pricey having to get AR rather than a single resist.

Pants I'd switch to vit rather than resist to make the amulet switch easier.

The biggie for me though is Nat's. They're not great for ehp, especially when compared to Ice Climbers & a decent rare ring. I'd be tempted to look for two rare rings with 40+ dmg, 70+ dex, 4.5+ cc and either IAS or CD (CD is cheaper) along with some resist and/or vit. Pair those up with a pair of 220+ dex Ice Climbers with vit and whatever random rolls you fancy - either move speed, armour or single resist. You'll likely lose a little bit of dps, depending of the rolls you can find (if you're lucky you might even gain dps!) but you'll gain a ton of ehp which would make switching out that amulet so much easier.

I'd replace that hellfire too - get a rare with the same stats recommended above. Only reason I run hellfire is that mine out-dps's my old dps ring.

Here's my monk now if you want to look for ideas (EHP is a little low right now as I made some recent upgrades...hoping to get a new ring to replace the hellfire to help with that): http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

Oh, and @ xero: Yes, time bubbles do stack

And another edit: Regarding OWE: Meh, I don't really double stack resists anyway, other than boots & shoulders so if I can get a single resist that's higher than the AR resist in that slot it'll open up the other rolls for other stats like move speed or pickup radius.

Vodh

Yeah, the problem with single resists is that there's just so many sources of damage that it doesn't really even matter how much they buff them - Allres will just be universally superior every single time.

There might be exceptions like physical res, IDK, but in general I just can't imagine someone (who isn't an OWE monk) going 'yay, high cold resist, this is the exact roll I wanted!'.

Opiate

Indirect nerfs to One With Everything in the itemization patch:

From Wyatt Cheng's comments on Archon's stream. (thread)

I'm at work so I can't see. Will this affect currently extant items or just items going forward? That is, will resists be removed from the items I'm already wearing?

Talaysen

Oh, and @ xero: Yes, time bubbles do stack

From what I've been told, Time Warp does not stack, but Stretch Time does. I confirmed the latter but have no evidence for the former.

Regarding OWE/resists: Single resist rolls are going to be even more terrible after that change. Monks could get 140 from a single piece, but now they only get 100-115 (I hope they do 115 at least...). Anyone else just loses out on a chance at all resist. While it makes sense to nerf them with regard to monks, for any other class single resists are already absolutely worthless and don't need to be even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom