• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
A bit more crit chance would help, as would more dex & avg dmg.

Amulet you should be able to get a decent dps boost as yours has no avg dmg, middling cd and low dex. I paid 16m for mine which has 100-ish dex, 50 avg dmg, 9% cc, 70% cd (it would be a 15.5k dps boost for you) though your amulet is a problem since it contains so much of your vit. You want to spread that vit around on different pieces so that you don't take such a hit when you upgrade that slot.

Nice ehp rolls on the bracers but pretty low dex. I'd be tempted to keep rolling those hoping for similar ehp rolls but 270+ dex.

Witching Hour would likely be a good upgrade in the belt slot, though it could be pricey having to get AR rather than a single resist.

Pants I'd switch to vit rather than resist to make the amulet switch easier.

The biggie for me though is Nat's. They're not great for ehp, especially when compared to Ice Climbers & a decent rare ring. I'd be tempted to look for two rare rings with 40+ dmg, 70+ dex, 4.5+ cc and either IAS or CD (CD is cheaper) along with some resist and/or vit. Pair those up with a pair of 220+ dex Ice Climbers with vit and whatever random rolls you fancy - either move speed, armour or single resist. You'll likely lose a little bit of dps, depending of the rolls you can find (if you're lucky you might even gain dps!) but you'll gain a ton of ehp which would make switching out that amulet so much easier.

I'd replace that hellfire too - get a rare with the same stats recommended above. Only reason I run hellfire is that mine out-dps's my old dps ring.

Here's my monk now if you want to look for ideas (EHP is a little low right now as I made some recent upgrades...hoping to get a new ring to replace the hellfire to help with that): http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-backlash-lightning

Oh, and @ xero: Yes, time bubbles do stack

And another edit: Regarding OWE: Meh, I don't really double stack resists anyway, other than boots & shoulders so if I can get a single resist that's higher than the AR resist in that slot it'll open up the other rolls for other stats like move speed or pickup radius.

OOO Man. That's a lot. LOL. Part of my problem is that I don't want to get rid of the Inna's set. I love only spending 5 spirit on SW. I've considered dropping the AR on the belt for a double dex + vit roll, which would enable me to craft a DEX ammy instead of VIT. I guess the same route could be taken by dropping the AR on my pants too though. I would want more AR from somewhere though. Which would mean I need to craft gloves until that PHY resist turns into an AR. That could be a while.

I was keeping the ring for the exp bonus, but I could probably drop that for a better ring. Though I'll need AR again though. Ignoring OWE isn't easy. lol

I love my nats boots too. The pickup raidus is so nice. My nats's ring is pretty spiffy too. It's also one that I found.

All tough decisions for me really. I'll probably try and craft better bracers, ammy and get a better ring to replace the helfire I have. Maybe put some VIT on my belt of pants.

I do realize I need better main and offhand too. Those are pricey though.

Part of my problem is my resistance to running OWE so gearing AR on things and VIT isn't cheap.

Yeah, the problem with single resists is that there's just so many sources of damage that it doesn't really even matter how much they buff them - Allres will just be universally superior every single time.

There might be exceptions like physical res, IDK, but in general I just can't imagine someone (who isn't an OWE monk) going 'yay, high cold resist, this is the exact roll I wanted!'.

You can't imagine it because that person doesn't exist. lol. The only class that cares about single stats are monks. Maybe a barb will ike some PHY resists. I could see this is being a single part of a nerf though. LIke make OWE 50% but make it native.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
It's been cheaper to buy gems than craft them up from perfect squares for awhile.
I wasnt referring to gem prices vs crafting but rather gem prices vs gold prices.

Previously when gold was .25/M you could easily half that if you bought gems, now gem prices are varily consistent with gold prices @ .25/10M. Just thinking of a way to capitalize on that.

Talaysen

I'm a bit worried about how they handle that. If they make that resist change, then any monk relying on OWE with stacking double resists can't really get upgrades, since no items with more resists will ever drop for them. They'll have to make new items "better" in some way to make it worthwhile to change to new items. This worked fine for legendaries because all the new legendaries are better. But with nerfs, it just makes older equips more valuable since new ones will be worse.

Think about the IAS nerf. If they had just nerfed all new items to half the IAS, then anyone with a high IAS roll from before would never be able to replace that item. Nothing would ever be as good.

Cipherr

Think about the IAS nerf. If they had just nerfed all new items to half the IAS, then anyone with a high IAS roll from before would never be able to replace that item. Nothing would ever be as good.

Are we sure about this? Jewelry and Amulets (which were extremely popular for IAS) have been buffed since then to roll ilvl63. And the crafted Amulets can be outstanding. I remember the early jewelry carrying huge IAS amounts, but Im not sure anything other than the perfect rolls of those old school pre-nerf rings and ammys would still be best in slot.

I'm a bit worried about how they handle that. If they make that resist change, then any monk relying on OWE with stacking double resists can't really get upgrades, since no items with more resists will ever drop for them. They'll have to make new items "better" in some way to make it worthwhile to change to new items. This worked fine for legendaries because all the new legendaries are better. But with nerfs, it just makes older equips more valuable since new ones will be worse.

Yeah but they fixed that by making the single resists drop with higher rolls. 50AR and 50PHS is the same as 100PHS for a monk who stacks that reists.

Talaysen

Are we sure about this? Jewelry and Amulets (which were extremely popular for IAS) have been buffed since then to roll ilvl63. And the crafted Amulets can be outstanding. I remember the early jewelry carrying huge IAS amounts, but Im not sure anything other than the perfect rolls of those old school pre-nerf rings and ammys would still be best in slot.

The nerf said it reduced attack speed rolls by half. If I recall correctly, ilvl62 rings and amulets roll up to 7% attack speed. That means before the nerf it was 14%? Now they only roll up to 9%. The comparison on the top end is like 250 main stat 70 all res 14% attack speed 40% crit damage 5% crit vs. 300 main stat 80 all res 9% atack speed 50% crit damage 6% crit. New item might be better.

But for gloves the attack speed gloves would definitely win out. Also recall that the ilvl buff didn't happen until a later patch, so in between those patches you'd still have to keep your old jewelry. That's kind of lame.

If the same thing happens here, but they don't nerf old things, then those monks may have to wait several patches to get upgrades. Unless they do a corresponding change (like the ilvl buff) in the same patch. That's basically my point. If they're cognizant of what will happen if they do no retroactive nerf and act accordingly, it'll be fine. It just needs to be addressed.

Yeah but they fixed that by making the single resists drop with higher rolls. 50AR and 50PHS is the same as 100PHS for a monk who stacks that reists.

But you can get 80 all res and 60 phys res, so 140 total. Single resists will only go up to 115. It's still an overall nerf. Sure you can get around it, but if you're already using the 140, why bother? There still needs to be an incentive to do so.

It really only is a problem on the high end though. Like if you have 190 dex 290 vit 60 phys res 80 all res 3 socket chest armor, you can still get 10 more dex and 10 more vit, but after the patch you'd have to lower your all res by 25+ to get it. That's not worth it, so once the patch hits your chance of getting the upgrade becomes zero and you're stuck with it forever.

But if you only have like 130 dex 230 vit 50 phys res 70 all res, then getting more dex and vit for the loss of 5-15 all res (going to 100-115 phys res) is still worth it.

I don't really expect it to be a big deal in practice since it is only a high end thing and people with that much money probably already dropped OWE anyway. But as a principle, they do need to be careful about it going forward.

eek5

I see where you're coming from but the perfect item for most monks isn't an double res 140 combined roll item. Most monks want 80AR on every piece and then to use the other rolls for good shit but that gear is way too expensive so they compensate by double stacking in other spots. A lot of my pieces only have a single fire res roll on them.

My question is, is this "indirect" nerf the OWE nerf they were talking about or is something else going to be stacked on top of this?

But you can get 80 all res and 60 phys res, so 140 total. Single resists will only go up to 115. It's still an overall nerf. Sure you can get around it, but if you're already using the 140, why bother? There still needs to be an incentive to do so.

It really only is a problem on the high end though. Like if you have 190 dex 290 vit 60 phys res 80 all res 3 socket chest armor, you can still get 10 more dex and 10 more vit, but after the patch you'd have to lower your all res by 25+ to get it. That's not worth it, so once the patch hits your chance of getting the upgrade becomes zero and you're stuck with it forever.

But if you only have like 130 dex 230 vit 50 phys res 70 all res, then getting more dex and vit for the loss of 5-15 all res (going to 100-115 phys res) is still worth it.

I don't really expect it to be a big deal in practice since it is only a high end thing and people with that much money probably already dropped OWE anyway. But as a principle, they do need to be careful about it going forward.

A lot of my pieces aren't even double stacked. I can still double stack on legacy items but if I can upgrade my 55-60 fire res items to 100 for cheap while still stacking a secondary stat like armor/str/vit I could just do that then ultimately upgrade my double stacked piece to a lower res (100 down from 140) and then stack vit on top of that. I don't think there are many monks that are double stacking on every piece. Maybe it might be an issue for PvP with legacy items if someone stacked 140 on every single piece they had or something and got some kind of unfair eHP advantage but you could still stack 115 2res + 300 armor in the future which would be even better than a double res roll today.

Raticus79

Last night for farming with that experience bonus! Ends tomorrow morning. [Edit: nope, extended! Now ends Thursday morning instead]

I'd go for another session tonight but I'm burned out! Made it from paragon 60 to 76, good times.

Raticus79

Yeah, I think overall it will wind up working in the monk's favour. If anything, OWE will become *more* mandatory because you can get more resist out of those slots that only have one roll that used to be dedicated to all resist. (i.e. about half my gear)

I still stubbornly hold on to that passive slot, but man, I hope they add a passive that's worth it soon. Guiding light is it for the moment.

Wow, nice!

Talaysen

Yeah, I think overall it will wind up working in the monk's favour. If anything, OWE will become *more* mandatory because you can get more resist out of those slots that only have one roll that used to be dedicated to all resist. (i.e. about half my gear)

I still stubbornly hold on to that passive slot, but man, I hope they add a passive that's worth it soon. Guiding light is it for the moment.

I hadn't really thought about the fact that you can get that 100-115 in one property instead of two. That does mean that you have five other rolls for good stuff instead of four. So in the end, I guess the top new rolled item will probably end up better than the top old rolled item.

Tried an experiment today. Took out Diamond Skin and put in Meteor to proc Conflagration constantly on nearly everything on screen. We were running on MP8 and I think the only time I died was when bannering on to a large group of enemies with no time to wind up twisters (twice!). If I can run this on MP10 as well, I might do it in groups for the total +45% ally damage buff (20% Time Warp, 15% Bone Chill, 10% Conflagration). If I can't survive with it, I may consider taking out Storm Armor, though I'm not sure how much that lowers my personal DPS.

khaine86

Neo Member
Found this amulet. Can I get a price check on it for the US AH. Nothing with similar stats on the AH. There are a few Mara's with vit instead of the life % for around 250m.

yqyhCH6.png

Thanks

Sigmaah

Finally got to 200K dps with the help from my little brother! I can finally be satisfied with my DH, now what's the best/new builds to play and can survive high monster power?

I used your DH as a guide to upgrade mine eek!

Dahbomb

That OWE change isn't that big especially if you are getting higher single res rolls. This is actually an indirect Monk buff. If I can get 100-115 on all my pieces for single res I can easily get upto 900 res without ever investing in All Res.

Its a problem for other classes though in that a single res is still useless. You can't get modest double rolls anymore, now its high All Res roll or the item is shit.

MrDaravon

Hmm, I think I made a breakthrough with my DH on my Grenade build, figured that my eHP was high enough (over 500k) to try dropping LoH completely. So I snagged a great deal on a socketed Calamity with 91% CD ~1090 damage for 4.5 mil and stuck my old Radiant Star Ruby in it. The swapped out both my Unity and my rare ring for my SoJ and a Nat ring I had on my Monk that's so-so (like 130 dex/9%IAS/29% CD) but also has 10% life on it. So it was actually a DPS gain, I lost like 40k ehp but mine was so high before it didn't matter. But the big difference is the IAS; took me from 2.52 APS to 2.71 APS which makes a HUGE difference in the Grenade build, holy shit.

So now with this build I'm sitting on 193k dps unbuffed (and 244k versus Elites!) and I still have 431k eHP, but even with no LoH my eHP is still so huge that I can seemingly sustain myself with just Gloom. Gave it a go on MP7 and melted it easier than I was doing MP6 before. If the AH wasn't down I'd see if I could snag a better Nat Ring. Also tried crafting 20 more amulets and 70 gloves to try to get an upgrade, or at least something halfway decent with IAS% on it (neither of mine currently have that), nothing even decent of course. I'm not sure if I could run MP10 with no sustain at all on this, but this at the least seems to be much better than what I was doing previously (higher sustain/eHP, but took way longer to kill).

Also as another hilarious market aside, the 15 mil Calamity I was using that I got last weekend has been fluctuating in the top 3-5 Calamities on the gold AH DPS wise (1313 damage, highest I've seen up is 1370 and most are around ~1320-1340) as well as having significantly more LoH than anything else above it (884). Most of the times I've looked it's actually had more LoH then every single Calamity above it dps wise combined, most of them are usually only 100-250 LoH. If I can make this current setup work where I don't need that LoH Calamity I might be able to cash out for a pretty great profit. Good times.

So why IS the AH down anyway?

eek5

Hmm, I think I made a breakthrough with my DH on my Grenade build, figured that my eHP was high enough (over 500k) to try dropping LoH completely. So I snagged a great deal on a socketed Calamity with 91% CD ~1090 damage for 4.5 mil and stuck my old Radiant Star Ruby in it. The swapped out both my Unity and my rare ring for my SoJ and a Nat ring I had on my Monk that's so-so (like 130 dex/9%IAS/29% CD) but also has 10% life on it. So it was actually a DPS gain, I lost like 40k ehp but mine was so high before it didn't matter. But the big difference is the IAS; took me from 2.52 APS to 2.71 APS which makes a HUGE difference in the Grenade build, holy shit.

So now with this build I'm sitting on 193k dps unbuffed (and 244k versus Elites!) and I still have 431k eHP, but even with no LoH my eHP is still so huge that I can seemingly sustain myself with just Gloom. Gave it a go on MP7 and melted it easier than I was doing MP6 before. If the AH wasn't down I'd see if I could snag a better Nat Ring. Also tried crafting 20 more amulets and 70 gloves to try to get an upgrade, or at least something halfway decent with IAS% on it (neither of mine currently have that), nothing even decent of course. I'm not sure if I could run MP10 with no sustain at all on this, but this at the least seems to be much better than what I was doing previously (higher sustain/eHP, but took way longer to kill).

Also as another hilarious market aside, the 15 mil Calamity I was using that I got last weekend has been fluctuating in the top 3-5 Calamities on the gold AH DPS wise (1313 damage, highest I've seen up is 1370 and most are around ~1320-1340) as well as having significantly more LoH than anything else above it (884). Most of the times I've looked it's actually had more LoH then every single Calamity above it dps wise combined, most of them are usually only 100-250 LoH. If I can make this current setup work where I don't need that LoH Calamity I might be able to cash out for a pretty great profit. Good times.

I think LoH is mainly only used to sustain in the periods where you don't have gloom up.

AH is down because of a RMAH bug I think. I wasn't able to list any RMAH auctions (auction failed) earlier today.

MrDaravon

I think LoH is mainly only used to sustain in the periods where you don't have gloom up.

AH is down because of a RMAH bug I think. I wasn't able to list any RMAH auctions (auction failed) earlier today.

I'll have to see, it seems like at MP10 people recommend at least a little LoH for additional sustain. LoH is recommended over LS since you already have LS from Gloom, but also because Grenades have a really high proc rate for LoH (more than most other DH abilities).

Also holy shit I actually sold a Inna's Reach, what is happening

Edit: Did some running on MP10 with the build, it went alright but I did die a few times, hard to say if more sustain would have made a difference or not, I'll have to mess around with it more.

DSmalls84

So wow I just noticed that Radiant Star gems were between $.70 and $1.00 in real money, but in the 25 million gold range on the GAH. Really puts into perspective the inflation caused by an ever increasing supply of gold. I never check the RMAH so this kinda blew my mind.

Ingeniero

So wow I just noticed that Radiant Star gems were between $.70 and $1.00 in real money, but in the 25 million gold range on the GAH. Really puts into perspective the inflation caused by an ever increasing supply of gold. I never check the RMAH so this kinda blew my mind.
Well yeah, people have been amassing gold that way for a while.
But now 10mill is 0.31 dollar, so 25 million is around 0.77 dollar so now its kind of even with the money/gold exchange with gems....

How long is the anniversary bonnus going to last? I thought only the weekend but I played yesterday and it was still there :D

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So, for an archon build, what should I choose between two pairs of gloves? The one with a 9k DPS increase on paper with crit% and crit dmg, or the one with 9k less but crit% and IAS (without crit dmg)? I'm never clear on what I should prioritize between those affixes for archon...

xero273

Well yeah, people have been amassing gold that way for a while.
But now 10mill is 0.31 dollar, so 25 million is around 0.77 dollar so now its kind of even with the money/gold exchange with gems....

How long is the anniversary bonnus going to last? I thought only the weekend but I played yesterday and it was still there :D

Should be ending today at 9 am Pacific.

So, for an archon build, what should I choose between two pair of gloves? The one with a 9k DPS increase on paper with crit% and crit dmg, or the one with 9k less but crit% and IAS (without crit dmg)? I'm never clear on what I should prioritize between those affixes for archon...

crit and CD. Archon build focuses on that.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Wizards/comments/1esvzf/archon_wiz_attack_speed_or_crit_damage/

enfrozt post probably explains it better.

I've seen this before but why a ruby instead of an emerald in the weapon?

Raticus79

Wow, those folks are full of it. Archon damage takes your attack speed into account.

You can prove this to yourself. Just get a level 1 white weapon, equip a +minimum damage (only) ring to get very consistent damage, and then buy a bunch of blue gear with only attack speed and non-dps stats. If your damage is higher with the blue gear on than off, then attack speed matters.

Man ... I was the luckiest unlucky mother F'er last night. I had a bunch of usual garbage legendaries drop, but this time I also had some nice ones.

I had and Echoing Fury, TAL Chest and Blackthorn Chest drop last night. All brimstone quality though.

I've had some nice drops, but nothing that would be considered "jackpot". One day .... lol

Talaysen

Thanks. Enfrozt still says that APS is useful for archon beam, but he doesn't really explain why. Any idea?

There are a few reasons why it's useful. First, it increases your sheet DPS, and archon beam basically uses that. Second, if you're using life on hit, you'll get more procs from that since your beam will tick faster (irrelevant if you have none). Third, if you're using Critical Mass and Teleport, you can teleport more often for the same reason as #2 (also, your Archon cooldown will lower from Critical Mass as well if you don't manage to infinite).

I don't think you get any benefit with Arcane Blast and Critical Mass since I'm assuming it uses weapon damage without correcting for attack speed. Haven't seen any info on that though, so I could be wrong.

For the most part, I think the attack speed is important for #1, so if you're getting a damage loss from an attack speed equip, it's not worth it.

It was 25%, but it was multiplicative.

So if you had 400% xp before, it became 500%, instead of 425.

Needless to say it was pretty nice.

Not entirely true. It is additive with the Strength in Numbers and Nephalem Valor buffs. Those added together stack multiplicatively with EXP gear and monster power EXP bonus.

If you're running with a 4 person group at NV5, you go from a 2.05 multiplier to 2.30 multiplier, which is only a 12% increase. Solo at NV5 it's 1.75 to 2 which is 14%.

That's still pretty significant though. Not as good as a straight up 1.25x mult but beter than a pure +25% additive bonus.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
There are a few reasons why it's useful. First, it increases your sheet DPS, and archon beam basically uses that. Second, if you're using life on hit, you'll get more procs from that since your beam will tick faster (irrelevant if you have none). Third, if you're using Critical Mass and Teleport, you can teleport more often for the same reason as #2 (also, your Archon cooldown will lower from Critical Mass as well if you don't manage to infinite).

For starters, what's sheet DPS? Is it the DPS that's displayed in your inventory? I heard the formula is far from accurate, but are you saying that, for Archon Beam at least, what you read is what you get? If an item supposedly gives me a DPS upgrade, does that really mean I get one no matter what else I lose?

I am indeed using CM with evocation and the Archon cooldown reduction rune by the way so that I can keep it up most of the time.

I don't think you get any benefit with Arcane Blast and Critical Mass since I'm assuming it uses weapon damage without correcting for attack speed. Haven't seen any info on that though, so I could be wrong.

Yeah, the thing is an instant cast with a short cd, so it probably benefits from base DPS, crit% and crit dmg.

For the most part, I think the attack speed is important for #1, so if you're getting a damage loss from an attack speed equip, it's not worth it.

I can stomach the loss of ticks for a 9k DPS upgrade I guess, thanks, but I had a hunch that I would crit less as a result.

Bros.. don't forget the LMB pound attack is pretty sweet too.

Indeed. The DPS is good, it's got knockback, and I think it's got a 0.5 proc rate, which is really high! The knockback has saved my life many times.

Home

I found this amulet on NA HC:

lIC0MSQ.png

I'm not sure if I should use it or sell it. Could maybe get a couple IK pieces with the money, but I dunno.

Raticus79

Bros.. don't forget the LMB pound attack is pretty sweet too.

If only the archon alternated hands with that. It's like King Kong mode

Edit: Actually, I wonder if there's some synergy with a really high APS archon taking advantage of that with a CM/cyclone strike combo. Lots of refreshes on that Arcane Blast... could be a good default mode for a second CM wizard in a group, since it'd work well with CM gear otherwise. Could even mostly reuse a macro setup.

It's really weird, but skills have different proc coeffecient for Life on Hit and skill effects, so something could be great for life on hit but suck for CM cooldown effect (or vice versa).

I think it has some knockback, which could cause some problems, but still worth checking out.

A good page for proc rates: http://www.d3maxstats.com/?p=procrates&lang=en&class=wiz

Sigmaah

Running the grenade build for my DH and damn I haven't had this much fun on D3 in a LONG time. Playing on MP8 and only dying when I get stuck or don't use my skills properly. I still feel like getting legendaries to drop takes forever still, even on MP8.

Running the grenade build for my DH and damn I haven't had this much fun on D3 in a LONG time. Playing on MP8 and only dying when I get stuck or don't use my skills properly. I still feel like getting legendaries to drop takes forever still, even on MP8.

Legendaries drop like flies.

MrDaravon

What's your Paragon level? Makes a huge difference at high levels. My 83 DH running Grenades on MP8 last night in Act 1 found 5 Legendaries in a single run. They were all trash except for one that was worth 10 mil (and that's the exception, not the rule).

Its weird how I'll find like 5-6 a night for a week and then I get a dry spell where for 2-3 days I get nothing. Like I can grind and slay huge mobs all night for hours and not a single one drops. Statistically it makes no friggen sense. PL 80 too so I'm rocking like a 400something MF/GF.

However since every legendary I get is a spirit stone 2 handed weapon, strongarm bracer ivory shield voodoo mask or gladiator gauntlets I guess it really doesnt matter.

I swear, I've gotten maybe one legendary that could be good in the last month and that was a Mempo a few nights ago and it ended up rolling low INT and something so useless I cant remember.

Thats why I like crafting so much I think, at least I'm rolling dice on an item that actually could be an upgrade.

Sigmaah

What's your Paragon level? Makes a huge difference at high levels. My 83 DH running Grenades on MP8 last night in Act 1 found 5 Legendaries in a single run. They were all trash except for one that was worth 10 mil (and that's the exception, not the rule).

I'm at level 11 lmao, took a long break from this game, shoulda been higher but oh well, is it better to run acts by yourself or with a group for loot? I feel like I'd enjoy group play a lot more.

I'm at level 11 lmao, took a long break from this game, shoulda been higher but oh well, is it better to run acts by yourself or with a group for loot? I feel like I'd enjoy group play a lot more.

Groups are more efficient now. Just depends on what you're feeling though. Get into a group tonight. It's the last day of the exp bonus. You should climb levels fast.

Talaysen

For starters, what's sheet DPS? Is it the DPS that's displayed in your inventory? I heard the formula is far from accurate, but are you saying that, for Archon Beam at least, what you read is what you get? If an item supposedly gives me a DPS upgrade, does that really mean I get one no matter what else I lose?

I am indeed using CM with evocation and the Archon cooldown reduction rune by the way so that I can keep it up most of the time.

Yes, "sheet DPS" refers to the value listed on the inventory screen. As far as I can tell, that value IS accurate for what it is telling you, which is your base average damage per second. If an attack does 120% weapon damage, then spamming that alone in a vacuum will do 120% of that value per second on average. People say it's inaccurate because it doesn't take into account any triggered effects, such as Critical Mass, monk Sweeping Wind tornados, etc. So looking at that value doesn't really tell you how much damage you're doing in practice because those things are outside of what it's telling you.

In the case of the archon beam, you're just using the archon beam with no special triggers going on outside of it. So you're doing 300% of that damage per second.

Indeed. The DPS is good, it's got knockback, and I think it's got a 0.5 proc rate, which is really high! The knockback has saved my life many times.

Ha, didn't know it had a 0.5 proc coefficient. I may have to use it more often.

If only the archon alternated hands with that. It's like King Kong mode

Edit: Actually, I wonder if there's some synergy with a really high APS archon taking advantage of that with a CM/cyclone strike combo. Lots of refreshes on that Arcane Blast... could be a good default mode for a second CM wizard in a group, since it'd work well with CM gear otherwise. Could even mostly reuse a macro setup.

It's really weird, but skills have different proc coeffecient for Life on Hit and skill effects, so something could be great for life on hit but suck for CM cooldown effect (or vice versa).

I think it has some knockback, which could cause some problems, but still worth checking out.

A good page for proc rates: http://www.d3maxstats.com/?p=procrates&lang=en&class=wiz

Are you sure that skills have different proc coefficients for LoH and skill effects? I thought each skill only had the one, and the link you posted only lists one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom