• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found a 30M chantodos, a 100M nats ring, and a few 50M weapons. All of which has never brought me close to any of the 2B+ items.

You either strike it rich with luck, or you'll never legitimately EARN enough gold to buy the Best in Slot or Near Perfect Items.

I just hit 1% achievement a couple nights ago too. 660 Hours into the game.

Opiate

I've found a 30M chantodos, a 100M nats ring, and a few 50M weapons. All of which has never brought me close to any of the 2B+ items.

You either strike it rich with luck, or you'll never legitimately EARN enough gold to buy the Best in Slot or Near Perfect Items.

I just hit 1% achievement a couple nights ago too. 660 Hours into the game.

You definitely can earn it, but you do not earn it through drops.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my barb -
I have a 2-hand Skorn setup that I farm comfortably with in mp10, but I have acquired these new 1-hand weapons, as well.
Skorn
Echoing Fury + 1 hand sword

For now, the skorn seems to do better than the dual wield, probably because of the lack of Witching Hour and Mempo and all.
I run through act 1 and 2 much faster with my Skorn setup because of survivability and aoe damage.

Is dual wielding actually better than a 2-hander? I think it requires a lot more gold...
What specs are the best in dual wielding? bash/frenzy/HOTA?
I need some help please!

Ramirez

I just picked this back up again to see how it's changed. I have a 56 Barb, 60 Wizard that I beat pre-pre nerf Inferno, 60 monk and 60 DH.

So funny to me how somehow Diablo III ended up an extremely underrated game.

Reading the thread it sounds like Barbarians are overtuned and Demon Hunters are undertuned?

Could someone give me a quick and dirty overview of the end game activity?

Barbs def. seem like the best class to me, and while I can do MP7 with my DH, it doesn't seem like it's any where near the fun my Barb friends are having while playing with me. :p

Opiate

@_@ goddamn you lucky man

NrZs0h5.png

so flipping stuff? I've got like 10m gold on hand what's good to flip?

I'd rather explain in game or skype/vent/mumble/etc. I'm obviously willing to share, but I'd rather do so less publicly.

Yea it helps to have money to make money tho. You cant really game the AH anymore that much. N the 15% tax kills a bunch of cheapskating here n there. I guess if you have time n r lucky.

Talents

Banned
Is it worth buying Unids? I never really saw the point of buying Unids but I've been watching some people on Twitch and they've been getting awesome items from Unids they've bought.

neoism

God dammit, why couldn't it of had a primary stat?!
whyyyy.png

So how much can I get for it?

lol not sure on EU but on US that would be 200-900m the AS and crit are prefect roll an all res on Lacunis are good just search for them on AH and put all those stats in for res and crit they only come with AS 8% or 9% and 6% crit is the highest

MrDaravon

Funny coindence with the playtime/$ talk; I started actually tracking my Legendary drops and what I sold them for back in October. Today I went back through my screenshots and AH history and I believe I accounted probably ~90% of the ones I got before I started fully tracking (which wasn't many).

In about 700 hours I've:

-Found ~333 Legendaries.
-Of those, 101 have sold for a total of 318,426,870 gold, the remaining were all Brimstone (or lower). However, the top 5 highest Legendary sales are responsible for 185,752,995 of that total amount.
-My highest sale was actually a 1h rare mace that sold for 250 mil; my second highest sale a 85 mil Legendary, then my third highest was a rare amulet for 68 mil.

It was also super interesting going back to AH listings from June/July of last year and seeing blue items actually selling and being bought and things like that. I mainly went back my listing to try and track item drop locations, because I do not in any way whatsoever buy anyone's theory that any legendary item can drop in any act based on the monster's level; with only one exception (that goes way back to 1.02) I have NEVER found the same Legendary in different acts.

Vodh

I mainly went back my listing to try and track item drop locations, because I do not in any way whatsoever buy anyone's theory that any legendary item can drop in any act based on the monster's level; with only one exception (that goes way back to 1.02) I have NEVER found the same Legendary in different acts.

Do you want to say that you've actually farmed acts other than 3 for significant periods of time prior to 1.0.8? And are you aware of just how abysmally tiny your sample size is even if we were to assume that you did farm all the acts for just about the same amount of time? This is almost as cringeworthy as the 'game session number' thing from about half a year ago.

Fularu

Banned
Funny coindence with the playtime/$ talk; I started actually tracking my Legendary drops and what I sold them for back in October. Today I went back through my screenshots and AH history and I believe I accounted probably ~90% of the ones I got before I started fully tracking (which wasn't many).

In about 700 hours I've:

-Found ~333 Legendaries.
-Of those, 101 have sold for a total of 318,426,870 gold, the remaining were all Brimstone (or lower). However, the top 5 highest Legendary sales are responsible for 185,752,995 of that total amount.
-My highest sale was actually a 1h rare mace that sold for 250 mil; my second highest sale a 85 mil Legendary, then my third highest was a rare amulet for 68 mil.

It was also super interesting going back to AH listings from June/July of last year and seeing blue items actually selling and being bought and things like that. I mainly went back my listing to try and track item drop locations, because I do not in any way whatsoever buy anyone's theory that any legendary item can drop in any act based on the monster's level; with only one exception (that goes way back to 1.02) I have NEVER found the same Legendary in different acts.

I've found Andariel's in Act I II and III so far.

I've found EF in all three acts too

MrDaravon

Do you want to say that you've actually farmed acts other than 3 for significant periods of time prior to 1.0.8? And are you aware of just how abysmally tiny your sample size is even if we were to assume that you did farm all the acts for just about the same amount of time? This is almost as cringeworthy as the 'game session number' thing from about half a year ago.

I actually largely ignored Act 3 until either 1.06 or 1.07; I've spent significantly more time in Act 1 and 2 than 3, probably individually much less combined.

I've found Andariel's in Act I II and III so far.

I've found EF in all three acts too

Andariel's was my one exception item as well.

My point is that any time I see anyone post about where they find what Legendaries, it's almost overwhelmingly people saying that they only find the same Legendaries in the same area. There's obviously some exception to the process as I myself clearly noted (note the use of the word "any" Legendary, reading ftw), but there has to be some kind of weighting to it, there is way way way too much anecdotal evidence to this. I'm just curious if anyone has noted any pattern in what Act is more or less likely to drop x item, etc.

Dahbomb

I have gotten same legendaries in same acts. I have gotten Hellrack and Grandfather twice each in Act 1. I have gotten Lacuni Prowlers in all 3 acts.
I have gotten Stormshields in all 3 acts. Random game is random.

My biggest sale has been the Zunimassa Chest for 150 million.

Fularu

Banned
I have a hard time pricing this :

mBFtTz0.jpg

It's prety much a Unity as a rare, with poison res on top of it.

The lowest unity is 300 000 000 but I doubt this ring is worth that much... any idea?

Cipherr

mBFtTz0.jpg

The lowest unity is 300 000 000 but I doubt this ring is worth that much... any idea?

I think Unity has a special bonus on it that makes it worth as much as it is. I think its damage versus elites. Without that bonus your ring won't equal the value of a unity with the same other rolls.

Fularu

Banned
it's not good for current WD and wizard builds.

It sold (for 100 000 000), but even for a barb it would have been a huge DPS boost despite the wrong stat

This is my current off-hand :

Y1Bnc9d.jpg

Higher DPS and STR but no crit damage and 161 int anyway. I'm not sure if socketed, the other EF wouldn't have been close anyway (but I went with the one I have equiped because of the good vit roll)

I think Unity has a special bonus on it that makes it worth as much as it is. I think its damage versus elites. Without that bonus your ring won't equal the value of a unity with the same other rolls.

Yeah, the 4% damage to elites. Still, I can't seem to find anything on the AH and as I said I doubt it's worth that much anyway to begin with

Kind of hard to price it right.

Mines a 1260 dps, 2.5% LS, Socket, +.25AS, 153 Str.

Eww crafted ~420 demonic essences 40M gold worth of stuff tonight and not a single upgrade, not even close! N I don't even have that great of crafted stuff. RAGE.

MrDaravon

mBFtTz0.jpg

Unity also always have 4.5% CC, 3-4% (?) Bonus versus Elites, and can roll a way higher primary stat (usually between 150-250). Their LoH is also usually higher, and only a Monk is likely to care about a specific resist, but your primary stat is Str not Dex. That's probably sub-100 mil at best.

I have gotten same legendaries in same acts. I have gotten Hellrack and Grandfather twice each in Act 1. I have gotten Lacuni Prowlers in all 3 acts.
I have gotten Stormshields in all 3 acts. Random game is random.

My biggest sale has been the Zunimassa Chest for 150 million.

Oh sure, don't get me wrong, RNG is gonna RNG. But looking around online I'm seeing a lot of the same comments; certain Legendaries people find in every act, then others people seem to only mention finding in the same act, and it's usually the same Legendaries in both cases. For example, I cannot find any examples of anyone ever finding a Storm Crow outside of Act 1, and every mention of anyone ever finding one was in Act 1. Now I'm sure if I go out there I'll find someone who tells me that they've found 10 Storm Crows in Act 4, and I'm sure that's true. But there at a glance seems to be some kind of weighting, there's a general consistency to the items I see people say they find anywhere, and the ones they've only found in specific acts. I'm just only interested to see if there is any kind of pattern that's emerged as to what drops where most often. The only reason I even put any stock into a weighting is that most people have just farmed Act 3 for most of the game's life, but I'm sill seeing items that people have posted as only seeing as droping in the other, much less played acts (at least until 1.08). I just find it interesting from a data perspective, I doubt it would actually change how I play the game unless it turns out that Act 4 is the secret hotspot or something crazy.

Fularu

Banned
Unity also always have 4.5% CC, 3-4% (?) Bonus versus Elites, and can roll a way higher primary stat (usually between 150-250). Their LoH is also usually higher, and only a Monk is likely to care about a specific resist, but your primary stat is Str not Dex. That's probably sub-100 mil at best.
Yeah I wasn't holding my breath.

The low CC bothers me so I put it up for 50 million but I doubt someone bites. I'll probably end up putting it up for 25 later in the day if no one takes it.

MrDaravon

I found 2 Storm Crows, one in Act 2 and one in Act 3.

This is what I'm talking about lol

Maybe when people post saying they keep finding the same items, only like-minded people post in those threads? Searching for some common items on bnet and Reddit threads (which is kind of a pain given the search terms I'm looking for) it's mostly just people bitching they they find nothing but x item on y run. I've personally found 8 Storm Crows, all in Act 1...I didn't find any for months and months when I just ran Act 2 and then Act 3, as soon as I went back to Act 1 they started dropping like candy again. It's fucking weird.

I'm totally lost at this game... Either i'm getting too old for such game or its not for me any more.

Anyhoo, is there a website with beginners guide? Step by step leveling build for classes? I got a barb that is 31 but I keep getting stomped over, just started a DH.

Also what's up with difficulty level? When should I change it? Last question, Should I start crafting right away or wait until the later levels?

Vodh

This is what I'm talking about lol

Maybe when people post saying they keep finding the same items, only like-minded people post in those threads? Searching for some common items on bnet and Reddit threads (which is kind of a pain given the search terms I'm looking for) it's mostly just people bitching they they find nothing but x item on y run. I've personally found 8 Storm Crows, all in Act 1...I didn't find any for months and months when I just ran Act 2 and then Act 3, as soon as I went back to Act 1 they started dropping like candy again. It's fucking weird.

Yeah, that's part of what propels the conspiracy loot table theories which have been officially denied by Blizzard multiple times (the latest example is the interview with Travis Day on Archon's stream where he specifically talks that he thinks as long as you're still able to get the item everywhere, it would have been cool if the chance of finding an item in a particular act/zone/from a particular boss would have been a cool feature and he wishes it was so and might be one of the directions D3 heads in the future).

The other thing is that the replies you've had on GAF so far are mostly along the lines of 'not according to my experience.'

And the fact is that to accurately try to estimate if it's more likely for a particular legendary to drop in certain acts you would have to divide your playing time equally between the acts (and keep the Magic Find in check) AND find about a couple hundred pieces of a single legendary. If after those 40k hours it would probably take to accomplish you would have found 1000 storm crows in Act 1 and 30 in other acts then yeah, there would have been a good chance the loot tables are not uniform. But when we're talking about having dropped <100 Storm Crows it's still just anecdotal evidence. Which on a side note, is a pretty fucking dumb name, since it's not even really evidence.

Shifty76

Yeah I wasn't holding my breath.

The low CC bothers me so I put it up for 50 million but I doubt someone bites. I'll probably end up putting it up for 25 later in the day if no one takes it.

I'd be surprised if you even got 10m for that to be honest.

Low avg dmg, really low cc roll, anyone looking specifically for LoH on a ring (not sure who even looks for that other than CM wiz's but they want Int) would be searching 300+

So basically you have str and IAS as your good rolls.

There are rings far superior to that on the AH for under 2m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom