• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

So is this worth something?

E8wnypb.jpg

Shadow780

Man things are pretty cheap on AH right now, just switched to a Echoing Fury, Inna's Temperance, and Witching Hour for less than 2m. They're not the top of the line but are way better than my old equipment before the hiatus (1.06). Mempo are still expensive tho.

Exquisite Essences are pretty good price to sell as well, months of still picking up Magic items finally paid off :lol

Jrmint

I'm totally lost at this game... Either i'm getting too old for such game or its not for me any more.

Anyhoo, is there a website with beginners guide? Step by step leveling build for classes? I got a barb that is 31 but I keep getting stomped over, just started a DH.

Also what's up with difficulty level? When should I change it? Last question, Should I start crafting right away or wait until the later levels?
Where in the game are you at level 31? You're in Act 4 I assume? You don't go into the next difficulty level until you kill Diablo in the current one. So once you beat him on normal you go into Nightmare.

Act 4 can be somewhat challenging due to the amount of nasty mobs in the Silver Spire. DH is gonna be a lot harder once you progress further. One tip I would say is not to neglect your defensive skills. At lower levels it is fun I run a bunch of offensive skills, but the difficulty can quickly ramp up for newcomers.

I'd recommend Bash as a primary, Hammer of the ancients as a secondary. For defensives I'd run War Cry, Ignore Pain and Leap if you have room. Wrath of the Berserker is an amazing cooldown any time you encounter an elite.

See if that helps you.

Pegasos123

i played threw the game once as the game was released with my girlfriend and a good buddy ... since then i never touched diablo 3 again

do you guys think diablo is worth playing again after all the patches?

MrDaravon

Sold that crazy LoH 15 mil Calamity I bought right after the AH came back up for 150 mil. Completely unintentional like all of my flips. Why can't I ever score sweet intentional flips? :(

And I'll stop with the loot drop theory; wasn't trying to argue as a proponent of it, just based on my personal and other anecdotal evidence I thought maybe there was something to it in terms of weighting >_>

i played threw the game once as the game was released with my girlfriend and a good buddy ... since then i never touched diablo 3 again

I don't think it's arguable that the game isn't way better than it was at launch, it still has some definite issues (itemization, etc) but I'd say it's worth coming back to it, if nothing else you already own it so no harm done. I think part of why 1.08 has really blown the game back up again is that with the crazy mob density in a lot of areas now it highlights the game's combat, and I think if there's anything everyone (love or hate) can agree on about the game is that the core combat feels good.

neoism

well if you only beat it on Normal .. You have to beat it 2 more times to get the inferno and pretty much all of the patches only have to do with that because its the meat of the game, so if beating it two more times to get the the final difficulty sounds unappealing to you I wouldn't bother..

Talents

Banned
Is there a place I can get 1-60 (or more specifically for me 28-60) levelling, I can pay a decent amount of gold but obviously not too much.

MrDaravon

Less than a million I thought but it has been a while since I checked and I've been holding onto a really great Dex set

I'm not sure, I only looked into it once right when that was blowing up and it was all really expensive then, but it might have cooled down since then.

But assuming that stuff isn't really cheap, at the least just try to get some level reduced or decent gear on the AH, a hellfire ring, and crank up the MP. Even if you can't do MP10, MP3-5+ is still going to be pretty fast. Also you can try running public games, you might get some people with hardcore stuff and you can get semi-carried. Have a friend at another forum who did that, and with a full crew they could run MP10 and he made 60 before he even finished Nightmare.

Talents

Banned
I'm not sure, I only looked into it once right when that was blowing up and it was all really expensive then, but it might have cooled down since then.

But assuming that stuff isn't really cheap, at the least just try to get some level reduced or decent gear on the AH, a hellfire ring, and crank up the MP. Even if you can't do MP10, MP3-5+ is still going to be pretty fast. Also you can try running public games, you might get some people with hardcore stuff and you can get semi-carried. Have a friend at another forum who did that, and with a full crew they could run MP10 and he made 60 before he even finished Nightmare.

It is pretty cheap. I bought the gloves, head, and boots for about 590k.

Pegasos123

well if you only beat it on Normal .. You have to beat it 2 more times to get the inferno and pretty much all of the patches only have to do with that because its the meat of the game, so if beating it two more times to get the the final difficulty sounds unappealing to you I wouldn't bother..

okay thank you ... maybe i should give it another try :)

Just pay someone a few Mill to run you through Core of Arreats levels ahead of wheever you are. Putting on a ton of leveling gear you should be able to hit 60 in a night or two.

MrDaravon

Just pay someone a few Mill to run you through Core of Arreats levels ahead of wheever you are. Putting on a ton of leveling gear you should be able to hit 60 in a night or two.

Yeah, isn't there subreddit devoted to that I think? I know I've seen posts on the main reddit for it as well.

Also I normally try to not do this, but I just sniped this right as it went up for 60 mil, I am super fucking pleased as a LR Monk:

qZyuB0Q.jpg

Not technically endgame since eventually I can (should?) get to the point where I can drop one of the resists for Sweeping Wind or maybe Spirit Regen, but this will set me for a good long while until that happens, super pumped.

Also I am bummed out though that even with 130 mil the best weapon upgrade I can get "only" bumps me up about 4k dps :/

Cipherr

Yeah, isn't there subreddit devoted to that I think? I know I've seen posts on the main reddit for it as well.

Also I normally try to not do this, but I just sniped this right as it went up for 60 mil, I am super fucking pleased as a LR Monk:

qZyuB0Q.jpg

Not technically endgame since eventually I can (should?) get to the point where I can drop one of the resists for Sweeping Wind or maybe Spirit Regen, but this will set me for a good long while until that happens, super pumped.

Also I am bummed out though that even with 130 mil the best weapon upgrade I can get "only" bumps me up about 4k dps :/

I have a similar innas though with only 5.5 crit and less vit, and Im also a lightning monk. Good stuff.

And yeah the weapon market post dupe fiasco seems to have been effected a lot. I cannot prove it, but I bought my mainhand 1020 dps weapon for like 60 mill. I cannot find anything equal to it for the same ballpark anymore. Weapon costs inflated like hell man.

eek5

I have a similar innas though with only 5.5 crit and less vit, and Im also a lightning monk. Good stuff.

And yeah the weapon market post dupe fiasco seems to have been effected a lot. I cannot prove it, but I bought my mainhand 1020 dps weapon for like 60 mill. I cannot find anything equal to it for the same ballpark anymore. Weapon costs inflated like hell man.

It's not just the dupe fiasco. There are a finite number of glitch crafts out there and the patch brought back a LOT of players so a lot of the stock got gobbled up.

Yeah, there are new drops coming in all the time but a 1k dps weapon w/ 50+ CD and 2.8+ LS w/ an OS is pretty rare.

It's pretty crazy though. A 1030 DPS 1H w/ 100 int, 50 CD, 2.8 LS and OS was ~15mil before the patch. Now you can't even find one for under 100mil lol.

Yea weapons have gone way up I bought some 60-80 M things awhile ago and if I want to upgrade nothing even under 200M now is even an equal exchange.

On the plus side I flipped an echo fury from 60M to like 130M I believe after the taxs just now so I'm pumped.

Insaniac

Any advice for my bro's S&B monk? He's sitting at 134K DPS Unbuffed and around 590 All Res. He doesn't know what he should upgrade next.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TripleT1-1519/hero/23441525

Also here's his d3up profile
http://d3up.com/b/644206/apollo

my first instinct would be to upgrade that shield, nothing spectacular about it, and has a low block chance. If he wants to stick with a shield, go with a stormshield maybe, or find another life steal wep with socket for more DPS

the Rare ring and the bracers can also be upgraded, especially the ring

My brother fired the game up tonight after nearly 10 months of not playing. He checked his friend's list for me and saw I had a character named "sssss" that was a Demon Hunter. Funny, as I never made one. So I assumed I was hacked, and was right. When I got home, I went through lots of SMS messages to my phone to find my account name (he changed the registered email), reset my password and remove an authenticator he had set up. I got back into my account, got Diablo 3 installed but when I went to login I was told I was banned for multiple violations. Even though it wasn't me, I'm going to guess I'm pretty boned getting unbanned? I'm going to try and call customer service tomorrow, but who knows where this will go.

eek5

my first instinct would be to upgrade that shield, nothing spectacular about it, and has a low block chance. If he wants to stick with a shield, go with a stormshield maybe, or find another life steal wep with socket for more DPS

the Rare ring and the bracers can also be upgraded, especially the ring

That shield is actually pretty good. While the stormshield gives a lot of block chance you can only roll one random prop so he can only keep dex, vit, or CC. Of the three CC is probably the most important because you have to make up the 15% loss of ASI somehow and the best way is probably to mitigate that by increasing CC to offset the lower amount of cyclone procs. Giving up 200 dex/vit is not worth it imo so you'd have to stick with rares. The problem is nobody picks shields up so finding an upgrade will be hard.

Another thing is that when you run S&B you end up having only a single source of life steal. This generally means that you need pretty high DPS to sustain. Yeah your mitigation is better so you can get away with less LS but it isn't twice as good.

Any advice for my bro's S&B monk? He's sitting at 134K DPS Unbuffed and around 590 All Res. He doesn't know what he should upgrade next.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TripleT1-1519/hero/23441525

Also here's his d3up profile
http://d3up.com/b/644206/apollo
I don't think his mainhand is going to have enough LS to sustain him at MP10. I gave it a whirl with my sword and board monk and it is kind of borderline doable. I buff up to 230k dps w/ 2.8LS and it's more or less even against a RD enemy.

Anyway what I'd do first is probably pick up a cold res Tal's chest (int, 220-250 vit, 9% asi, 50+ cold res) for more EHP and better cyclone generation. Craft bracers for Dex/vit/Cold/AR/6cc bracers. Basically more EHP, more DPS (missing 110 dex and .5 cc)

Upgrade Innas to double res. Probably have to drop some vit here to do this. I see some old auctions w/ double res (not cold though) for kind of cheap so it's something he could watch to see if cold ones get listed that undercut those. 6% crit would be ideal. A cheaper alternative might be to get cold or AR + armor.

Dump the 160 dex inna pants for 90 dex 90 vit ones. I see some w/ 90 dex 120+ vit that are really cheap right now at ~2-5mil (maybe listed incorrectly)

Eventually he is going to have to upgrade his weapon. I really don't see a way around it. 500 LoH + 2.2% LS won't be able to sustain him even if he gets his unbuffed DPS to 200k. To put it into perspective here is my EHP compared to his:

EHP w/ Dodge + Block 1,926,539.58
EHP w/ Dodge + Block 1,098,970.94

with higher DPS and more LS I can just barely sustain at MP10 against RD.

Shifty would probably suggest getting a rare ring w/ CC+ASI and AVG damage and getting ice climbers instead of the nats ring and I agree. There is really no reason for him to run nats set if he isn't going to double dip on CC% when he could be going for way more EHP.

Here are my two builds to compare (double lifesteal first then my sword and board)
http://d3up.com/b/2085/devi-2x-ls
http://d3up.com/b/677940/devi-sword-and-board

The upgrades should set him on the right path. I think once he gets to 550k eHP / 91% damage reduction without a shield he will see the light and go dualwield. Using a shield at that point doesn't make a lot of sense since you have enough mitigation to survive just not enough sustain.

disclaimer: I don't actually use that sword&board build; I got that shield for 50k a long time ago and quickly came to the conclusion that it isn't very good compared to DW

Shifty76

Anyone here play SNS wiz? Raticus!

Spent a few million upgrading mine over the weekend and doubled his dps & ehp. Wondering if there are any obvious (and cheap as I'm nearly broke right now!) upgrades I'm missing.

Can roll MP7 pretty easy but haven't tried anything higher yet. I'll probably switch out the amethysts for topaz's for more dps when I get home tonight:

http://d3up.com/b/176715

Been crafting gloves hoping for cc, IAS & resists but no luck yet - might just end up buying a pair on the AH as they seem cheap enough.

Skillwise I'm considering switching back to WW instead of shock - only using that due to the +11% from my Chants.

Shadow780

Can someone tell me the break point when LoH is less effective than LS for ww barb?

This is my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tifa-1473/hero/15227390

With 3% LS I can kill most of the mobs on MP6 relatively easy but the occasional ranged or small elites I'm having trouble regaining my HP. I still need a moderate amount of LoH combine with LS to keep up. I can do better if I swap out HoTA with Warcry-Impunity for increased survival but farming takes longer.

I'm open to build variations too.

Thanks.

Fularu

Banned
Going from a WH to an IK belt will greatly improve your survival, your all res is super low and you'll get up to 3% more ls

Shifty76

Oh man, I'm no good at cheap gearing. Seems like you can probably get more defensive stats on your ring 1 without too much trouble.

Here's my stuff, anyway: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3637175

Thanks! I was running a hellfire in that slot which gave +8k dps +4k hp but I switched it out to hit that 2.74 breakpoint since the hellfire had no IAS.

That was just a spare ring I happened to have in my inventory that looked like it'd work :)

yeah. sacrificing DPS for life sustain is almost always a good choice if you want to climb up to the next MP level. once you get over 100k DPS you're going to be okay through most of the higher ones.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Thanks! I was running a hellfire in that slot which gave +8k dps +4k hp but I switched it out to hit that 2.74 breakpoint since the hellfire had no IAS.

That was just a spare ring I happened to have in my inventory that looked like it'd work :)

I'm actually below the 2.74 breakpoint and it's working out fine. I think the crit chance is making up for it.

My brother fired the game up tonight after nearly 10 months of not playing. He checked his friend's list for me and saw I had a character named "sssss" that was a Demon Hunter. Funny, as I never made one. So I assumed I was hacked, and was right. When I got home, I went through lots of SMS messages to my phone to find my account name (he changed the registered email), reset my password and remove an authenticator he had set up. I got back into my account, got Diablo 3 installed but when I went to login I was told I was banned for multiple violations. Even though it wasn't me, I'm going to guess I'm pretty boned getting unbanned? I'm going to try and call customer service tomorrow, but who knows where this will go.
Never mind. Blizzard guys are pros are this point dealing with this stuff, I guess. Under 24 hours and resolved. Gotta tip my hat to Blizzard for that.

M.D

Main attack: HoTA w/ Smash
Battlerage/ Into the Fray
WotB/Thrive on Chaos

WW/Huricane
Overpower/Killing Spree
Sprint/RLTW (or group buff if you're playing in group)

Passives: Weapon Master + Ruthless and whatever you want (Brawler is good since it increases your DPS for big packs and lets you whittle down to 1-2 targets which you can finish off with HoTA quickly)

General gameplay: Just like WW except once I get to 1-2 targets I'll switch to HoTA. Startup is basically using hota button to autoattack while spamming BR key so that it casts BR right when I have enough fury. From there you need to crit until you can activate sprint and go into WW (the second step should be very fast). OP can proc BR/ITF fury generation too so make sure you spam that whenever you can. You should have like 70-80% crit in WotB or something insane like that so you'll be critting almost every hit of HoTA.

If you want to be able to infinitely HoTA on EVERY strike, you more or less want 5 HoTA reduction gear to get the cost to 15 (so that you're generating 15 per crit then using 15 per HoTA + whatever fury you generate from OP) but it isn't really necessary. If you're having problems generating fury w/ HoTA then increase your attack speed or CC usually.

edit: Just read the link Rat posted. For that just switch out HoTA rune to thunderstrike (stun) and run rend instead of WW. Probably a bit more group friendly.

This post is old, but I'm quoting it for some help

I tried doing this build again, but I really just can't generate enough fury 95% of the time.

Could someone help to maybe tweak this build or give another way to generate fury with this build? I'm getting tried of mine

Jrmint

I think he forgot to put a rage generator ability in there. Use Bash with the rune for extra rage, and HOTA as your secondary. I like the rune with HOTA that stuns the enemies around you.

Talaysen

I'm actually below the 2.74 breakpoint and it's working out fine. I think the crit chance is making up for it.

I'm only past the 2.31 breakpoint myself. I don't think the higher breakpoints are THAT important, especially if you have the APoC, crit chance, and LoH to compensate.

I think he forgot to put a rage generator ability in there. Use Bash with the rune for extra rage, and HOTA as your secondary. I like the rune with HOTA that stuns the enemies around you.

Nah. You're supposed to build fury through crits with Into the Fray. The Smash HotA rune has a higher proc coefficient so you need to use that one if you want to keep it up longer. Having a high crit rate is really important though. I can't do it because I run War Cry instead of Overpower.

M.D

I went for Overpower only instead of adding HoTA
It's great! I basically kill everything way faster since this slot was used for WarCry, and I can do without it now

I tried to use HoTA using a button, but it didn't feel right

Could I get something for this?

iqfUuXQ.jpg

Got my account completely recovered. Looking through my hacked account, whoever took it made a level 60 Demon Hunter (10). I have no idea what the 10 in parenthesis means. Anywho....looks like he was gold farming? Equipment on that gives +260 gold find. I think tonight I'm going to flood here with screencaps of the Demon Hunter's equipment---just curious if any of it is good? I haven't played for so long.

Dahbomb

Got my account completely recovered. Looking through my hacked account, whoever took it made a level 60 Demon Hunter (10). I have no idea what the 10 in parenthesis means. Anywho....looks like he was gold farming? Equipment on that gives +260 gold find. I think tonight I'm going to flood here with screencaps of the Demon Hunter's equipment---just curious if any of it is good? I haven't played for so long.
The 10 in parenthesis is Paragon levels that you start gaining after you reach lvl60. It goes up to 100 Paragon levels with each level taking slightly longer to get to than the previous one. Paragon level give you some stats plus 3% gold/magic find per level.

The 10 in parenthesis is Paragon levels that you start gaining after you reach lvl60. It goes up to 100 Paragon levels with each level taking slightly longer to get to than the previous one. Paragon level give you some stats plus 3% gold/magic find per level.
Thank you much! And as I mentioned earlier---here is the Demon Hunter equipment from the character my hacker created. I'd always wanted to make a Demon Hunter...it just sucks her name is "SSSS". Anywho: anything good in here, or just junk?

Dahbomb

Yea as expected, its all gold farming bot gear. You can sell the chest and the DML for decent money probably but the rest will go for spare change at best... only botters will buy those.

Yea as expected, its all gold farming bot gear. You can sell the chest and the DML for decent money probably but the rest will go for spare change at best... only botters will buy those.
Much appreciated!

I played my first game in about 9 months tonight. Finished Act 3 and beat Act 4 on Inferno with my Wizard. I'm not sure what a pathetic amount of DPS is, but my Wizard was only 24K. I'm guessing that's sad....some random wizard with 24 paragon gave me a Chantodo Will and Force. The staff DPS was 1112, and together the two bumped me to 48K unbuffed. So, good on him for coughing them up for free out of nowhere. Must've been gathering dust in his storage. Either way...I had a good time. I just wish I knew what people were item hunting and going for nowadays.

Vodh

Really? A 10% ASPD DML with garbage stats for decent money? I don't think so.

Shifty76

I know your wiz has a ton of HP, but how much is needed to survive those chargers in FoM MP10? Was running with a CS monk last night and we were destroying everything...until we got to a pack of those chargers who kept 1-shotting me.

So I'm obviously not clear how effective HP works on that d3up site because I switched to a weapon with 3% life steal and my eHP went down by a few thousand even though I'm more or less impossibly to kill in MP7.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I know your wiz has a ton of HP, but how much is needed to survive those chargers in FoM MP10? Was running with a CS monk last night and we were destroying everything...until we got to a pack of those chargers who kept 1-shotting me.

Hmm, must be somewhere between the two of us then. You're probably pretty close since I get taken down about 2/3. Here's a d3up version so you can compare more directly: http://d3up.com/b/457722

I've been running act 2 since it was found to be faster. The overkill-looking HP is for handling those constructs and turbocharged fallen maniac swarms.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1f0elu/optimized_whirlrend_108_act_2_xp_farming_route/

"VotA (for 5 stacks) -> Desolate Sands -> Oasis -> Forgotten Ruins -> East and Western Channels -> Storm Halls"

VotA instead of mines/Alcanus for consistency, I guess. Sticking to the bottom when running to storm halls allows you to avoid the checkpoint on the left bridge and keep your VotA checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom