• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkanownik

What is the best slot to get vit on for a WW barb? Pants? I can farm MP7 pretty comfortably but anything above that I start getting rocked.

Any barb experts want to critique my gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tjohn86-1840/hero/1818746

You could look at some of the trade offs between your barb and mine. I have similar DPS with 18K more life:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jkanownik-1671/hero/4389090

I'm running quite a bit of MF, so you could swap in vit/exp in a few spots (e.g. vit on the belt and boots to keep exp in the helm).

So has this game bounced back from the gold glitch yet? Has the economy stabilized?

It was out of whack for about a whole 24 hours. They took their time fixing their mistake by addressing each individual issue one at a time, but I think they did a good job at it.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
It was out of whack for about a whole 24 hours. They took their time fixing their mistake by addressing each individual issue one at a time, but I think they did a good job at it.
On a side note it was great playing with ya last night Fenderputty, as well as the others.

jkanownik

It stabilized, but there has been noticeable inflation going on for awhile now. Some historical prices for 1B gold from 3rd parties:

4/1 - $52.43
4/7 - $47.12
4/15 - $47.19
4/23 - $41.20
4/25 - $36.88
5/3 - $31.26
5/11 - $25.90
5/14 - $23.44
5/18 - $25.33
5/28 - $21.17

It stabilized, but there has been noticeable inflation going on for awhile now. Some historical prices for 1B gold from 3rd parties:

4/1 - $52.43
4/7 - $47.12
4/15 - $47.19
4/23 - $41.20
4/25 - $36.88
5/3 - $31.26
5/11 - $25.90
5/14 - $23.44
5/18 - $25.33
5/28 - $21.17

This inflation has been going on for a lot longer than that RMAH Gold Dupe. It's been the natural course the game will take for a long long time. The may 7th gold dupe doesn't seem to have any affect on the above numbers.

Inflation is also a mixed bag when talking about diablo III. It makes barrier to entry much lower for example. How many posts have we read about people coming back to play and seeing all the awesome cheap stuff for sale. The casual D3'er shouldn't fear inflation at all. Leveling alts sould be cheaper and easier now too, which also benefits the non-casual.

The downside is making money for the non-casual player. It's much harder for me to find a 25-100 million dollar piece for me to sell now than it was 6 months ago.

IMO, they need to find a better gold sink than Marquise gems and crafting.

tjohn86

This inflation has been going on for a lot longer than that RMAH Gold Dupe. It's been the natural course the game will take for a long long time. The may 7th gold dupe doesn't seem to have any affect on the above numbers.

Inflation is also a mixed bag when talking about diablo III. It makes barrier to entry much lower for example. How many posts have we read about people coming back to play and seeing all the awesome cheap stuff for sale. The casual D3'er shouldn't fear inflation at all. Leveling alts sould be cheaper and easier now too, which also benefits the non-casual.

The downside is making money for the non-casual player. It's much harder for me to find a 25-100 million dollar piece for me to sell now than it was 6 months ago.

IMO, they need to find a better gold sink than Marquise gems and crafting.

Absolutely. I'm surprised they haven't made any moves around gold sinks.

Absolutely. I'm surprised they haven't made any moves around gold sinks.

The marquise gem was almost purely motivated as a gold sink it seems. The price is high, they become account bound AND, they cost a ton to unsocket. That's about 275 million for two gems and that money is gone once spent. IMO it's just not a good gold sink because they only need to buy a gem once and there's only a finite amount of Marquise gems one really needs. A few billionares dropping 250 million out of the economey one time isn't going to make much of a dent IMO.

Shifty76

The marquise gem was almost purely motivated as a gold sink it seems. The price is high, they become account bound AND, they cost a ton to unsocket. That's about 275 million for two gems and that money is gone once spent. IMO it's just not a good gold sink because they only need to buy a gem once and there's only a finite amount of Marquise gems one really needs. A few billionares dropping 250 million out of the economey one time isn't going to make much of a dent IMO.

Perhaps if they implement the mystic and the chance to re-roll legendaries they could add gold sink into that.

Something like x demonic essences and I dunno, 5m gold to re-roll your legendary?

yeah. I bought this knife for 10.5m and it made the difference between struggling with MP7 and laying waste to MP8.

http://d3up.com/i/10251504

one of the things they could do is increase repair costs depending on the quality of socketed gem.

That's a pretty knife. Definitely good for that price.

Btw, I'm having trouble selling this, perhaps it's no good:
ThZIwJo.jpg

FrankT

Speaking of case in hand yea I'm back after just about year and now fully geared up on the cheap. Cleaning house now. Tis great.

Oh yea those are good above I bought some with similar stats on the cheap last night. What a difference a year makes.

Perhaps if they implement the mystic and the chance to re-roll legendaries they could add gold sink into that.

Something like x demonic essences and I dunno, 5m gold to re-roll your legendary?

That's a great idea. I think I'm gonna start saving my demonic essenses now that I re-rolled my ammy. Never know how they'll incorporate them into the next patch.

Patch 1.0.8 has been amazing. Here's to patch 1.0.9 keeping me solidly addicted for another year. lol

Talents

Banned
Is that the itemization patch? The game is a lot better now, but it still sucks when 99.9% of every drop is shit. :\

This. I know it's obviously not supposed to be easy to get a good drop, but when you go hundreds of hours without an item dropping worth 100m+ it does get a little annoying.

However, I hope with the itemization drop it doesn't make good drops too common.

Ramirez

This. I know it's obviously not supposed to be easy to get a good drop, but when you go hundreds of hours without an item dropping worth 100m+ it does get a little annoying.

However, I hope with the itemization drop it doesn't make good drops too common.

It's not even about wanting something to sell, not a single piece of my gear is anything I found, it's dumb.

Fularu

Banned

You can craft better than that (mine are close but not quite there, 6% ias/40cd/10cc/221 str)

Here is super in-depth info on break points
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6037344497

tl:dr; sheet dps doesn't really mean shit

Here is my understanding of it:

0KNdZ3c.png

Increasing your other stats in between break points is really flat. When you increase your attacks per second past a break point you'll see huge jumps in effective DPS. I think the APS most people try to get is 2.50001 APS (2.14 APS unbuffed). You're very close to it; I think you need 12 more ASI total. (Lacunis + ASI on ring or amulet would be cheapest)

Too lazy to do math but you're probably buffed into the first bracket or the second bracket.

Moving to 2.5APS will increase your WW damage 15-30% which is pretty significant.

edit: you can click skills on in d3up. I just checked and you're 2.3635 aps w/ WotB
--

The other build you can try is switch to HOTA/WW. I think it's the most versatile/overpowered build right now.

The "spin up" time sucks but once you get the initial 20 fury for battle rage you should be set for the rest of the game. The build is great IMO because once you get down to 1-2 targets as regular WW you kind of get boned. You have to kite to pull in more trash to maintain fury or risk running out of WotB. If you're running hota, however, you can switch to super high dps single target attacks to finish off elites while keeping permawrath (so fuckin overpowered lol). One of the nice things about HOTA is that sitting right under a breakpoint isn't as much of a deal breaker because any attack speed you have will increase the speed at which you attack which means your sheet is more representative of the effective dps you're putting out.

--

The third build you can try is switching to 2H. I think you only need to hit the 1.18 aps breakpoint which you'll hit easily? with the gear you have and a skorn.

Trying to up my APS through lacunis and/or jewelry goes way beyond my current budget. I can't find anything for less than 200 million that's actually worth switching over :/

Time to farm some more I guess

What's this HOTA/WW build?

And thank you for taking your time to answer :)

Talents

Banned
It's not even about wanting something to sell, not a single piece of my gear is anything I found, it's dumb.

True. I actually just created a hardcore self-found Monk just so when
if
I hit 60 and start Inferno, I'll hopefully find upgrades fairly often.

Doesnt actually having good items destroy the entire point of the game?

Oh, thats deep.

I think their main focus is going to be quantity over quality, meaning items of lesser quality will drop less often... not sure if that makes sense, at least that is how I understood it. They agree that going an entire run filling up your inventory twice with nothing but crap rares is really annoying/bad.

Paches

Congrats man! Got any tips for someone just starting HC?

Normal through Nightmare is pretty easy, I wouldn't be too concerned about taking down bosses as long as you are watching AH and making sure you are twinked out before boss fights. Barbarian is probably(?) the easiest class since you have the most survivability and I would recommend that if you haven't started already or aren't too far in. I went with shield and a life on hit weapon until Inferno and then I picked up a decent Skorn (again, with life on hit) and went the whirlwind route.

The AH and economy on the HC AH is very interesting. I would save gear you think might be helpful to someone, even when you know it would be considered crap in normal. Things that sell even for 10-50k are very important to keeping your gold base up, since you aren't going to be wanting to do farming runs on Inferno in HC :p Most of the gear I am wearing I have bought for somewhere in between 200-500k gold. You really have to be on the lookout for items all the time that are incredibly cheap to maximize your spending.

eek5

You can craft better than that (mine are close but not quite there, 6% ias/40cd/10cc/221 str)

Trying to up my APS through lacunis and/or jewelry goes way beyond my current budget. I can't find anything for less than 200 million that's actually worth switching over :/

Time to farm some more I guess

What's this HOTA/WW build?

And thank you for taking your time to answer :)

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1cu7mu/barb_2h_hota_ww_guide/

Here is a build using skorn. Works the same with DW for the most part but it's even better because you should be able to maintain WotB better w/ higher attack speed when doing single/double target HOTA. Also start-up is easier since you hit 5 times and activate battle rage much faster than 1aps skorn.

Also disclaimer for people seeking further advice: I have no idea what I'm talking about. I don't even play barb anymore. :eek:

Normal through Nightmare is pretty easy, I wouldn't be too concerned about taking down bosses as long as you are watching AH and making sure you are twinked out before boss fights. Barbarian is probably(?) the easiest class since you have the most survivability and I would recommend that if you haven't started already or aren't too far in. I went with shield and a life on hit weapon until Inferno and then I picked up a decent Skorn (again, with life on hit) and went the whirlwind route.

The AH and economy on the HC AH is very interesting. I would save gear you think might be helpful to someone, even when you know it would be considered crap in normal. Things that sell even for 10-50k are very important to keeping your gold base up, since you aren't going to be wanting to do farming runs on Inferno in HC :p Most of the gear I am wearing I have bought for somewhere in between 200-500k gold. You really have to be on the lookout for items all the time that are incredibly cheap to maximize your spending.

Heh the economy is awesome. Any drop I get w/ vit on it sells almost instantly. I also vendor farmed a bit and made like 300k off level 20 items. Not bad. Used all the cash to craft low level stuff.

I'm going to die soon, probably.

Talents

Banned

The AH on HC sounds pretty awesome. Problem is I'm playing a self-found character.

MrDaravon

It's fucking killing me that this ring doesn't work for me on either my DH OR my Monk :(

ZciOwt8.jpg

(ignore the damage loss number, it was compared to a set ring, actual loss would be way more)

The eHP on the thing is fucking ridiculous; the problem is that eHP is ironically not really the problem with any of my chracters, I have 420k eHP on my DH with my SoJ build (it's more like 460k without the SoJ) and 520k eHP on my Monk. I'm actively actually trying to increase my DPS on both characters at the expense of some eHP in certain slots as well. Replacing any of my rings on either character increases my eHP from anywhere from about 40-60k, but I lose between 10-25k DPS. Having a hard time parsing this out mentally, I'm tempted to save it for an alt or something, but it's not ideal for a Barb and I have no intention of making a Wiz or WD anytime soon, guess I should just sell it? Fuck.

Unrelated, but is there any way to sort by +Attacks per second when looking for EF's? I got one that's only a mid-range DPS one (like 1150) and missing a random roll, but it has 150 str, a socket, near minimum fear (like 10.2% I think) and the max APS of +0.25. Looking for a +.25 APS one that had low fear % took me pages and pages to find, if you could filter by that I have a feeling it'd probably get a lot more visibility and go for more but I have a feeling this will just get totally lost.

I don't think so. stats that aren't "normal" for an item don't show up in the sortable list.

"normal" being a stat that can appear on a rare. it's annoying because a lot of legendaries and set pieces have stats that don't normally appear in their respective slots.

MrDaravon

Right, but usually you can force your way around that by just selecting All Types in Armor or Weapons so you get all possible options, then you can select Legendary and go from there; I think that's the only way to really search for specific SoJ's. The problem here is just that APS isn't a selectable option :(

Cipherr

I seemed to do pretty damn well in MP10 with 180k dps on my Tornado Monk with just shy of 590k EHP.

Might start running it from now on instead of MP7 and MP8. I need to do more runs though to make sure Im not a liability. Being able to run a 48% damage group buff is sure nice though.

eek5

I seemed to do pretty damn well in MP10 with 180k dps on my Tornado Monk with just shy of 590k EHP.

Might start running it from now on instead of MP7 and MP8. I need to do more runs though to make sure Im not a liability. Being able to run a 48% damage group buff is sure nice though.

There is always room for a MoC / Cyclone Strike+Guiding Light Monk

There are enough buffs there to offset the health increase alone lol

Talaysen

There is always room for a MoC / Cyclone Strike+Guiding Light Monk

There are enough buffs there to offset the health increase alone lol

Yeah, really, if you're running any group friendly buffs or support and have better than like 50k dps you pull your weight. Multiplayer is really friendly now.

Since I'm trying to get back into Diablo 3....what kinda runs do people do nowadays and what should I be looking for? Back in the day I did Act 1 Unique monster runs for rares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom