• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talents

Banned
I'm only doing act 1, (my gear sucks too badly to get past act 2) but I've done like 6 runs today, from Leorics manor, all the way back to the start, including going to the cathedral and doing all that, got absolutely no good loot.

Danj

So a hilarious thing happened last night. I was grinding away paragon levels when my barb friend messaged me and said he found a good weapon for me. A one handed monk weapon with 950 dps - 800 life on hit - 170 dex and 200 vit.

It's a 800 dps upgrade for me, even losing some crit dmg. So I equip my new weapon and finish farming the under fortress in act 3. I then return to town and vendor all the shit in my inventory.

Including my 20 million gold one handed mace. Hilarious!

I'm still laughing.

You know there's a "buyback" tab on the vendors, right?

Isn't chance to fear on hit some of the worst shit ever for melee classes?
yeah but really high dps and strength and ias should do the trick. For a one handed weapon that's a monstrous dps.

ughhhh so close. Got the crit damage but nothing else :(:

fbNrL.png

Vodh

So what do you guys think is the best rune for Firebomb for WD now? I love the skill and the fact that I can run a build with it is one of the most welcome changes in this patch for me <3

Trickster

*sigh* had hoped this patch would make it interesting again, but honestly it's not doing anything for me.

The amount of time I'd have to put in before I get to a paragon level where MF really matters is just not worth it.

While I'm very happy that they've finally buffed legendaries. It's still so rare that you find one, that it hardly matters. If anything it's pretty depressing farming act 3, hoping to get a legendary. Only you know that it's very likely that you could farm all day, and not get any, and even then there's still such a big random factor to legendaries, that it's still very likely the ones you get are gonna be pretty undesirable.

Definity

Still looking for my first legendary post patch...up to paragon 4 and nothing yet. Did manage to find a few rares I can sell but nothing else. Im rocking 300% MF too! :/

*sigh* had hoped this patch would make it interesting again, but honestly it's not doing anything for me.

The amount of time I'd have to put in before I get to a paragon level where MF really matters is just not worth it.

While I'm very happy that they've finally buffed legendaries. It's still so rare that you find one, that it hardly matters. If anything it's pretty depressing farming act 3, hoping to get a legendary. Only you know that it's very likely that you could farm all day, and not get any, and even then there's still such a big random factor to legendaries, that it's still very likely the ones you get are gonna be pretty undesirable.

Indeed. I'm watching streams of the pro farmers decked out in perfect gear and they'll steamroll act 3 in about an hour with 300%+ MF, hoard all the unidentified rares, then go on an identify spree at the end. They pull out maybe 3 or 4 items from about 100 that are even worth giving a second look at, much less selling for any significant amount of money (and certainly never worth equipping).

These guys all have hundreds of millions of gold banked in addition to billions worth in their equipped gear, and they made their entire fortunes scamming their stupid viewers into paying exorbitant markups on 6 property crafts. Millions of gold funneled into these casters by stupid people who didn't realize that they could easily buy the recipe themselves and cut out the middle man markup. Or if they lacked the resources for that (and most of them don't lack resources because they buy 20-30 crafts at a time) then they could have just found a guy doing it on D2jsp for half the price.

Feeling pretty much the same right now.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

If anything the game-play itself is less interesting now...the only thing that it has going for it is the little blue xp bar we get to fill. Maybe its a godsend for the people who couldn't finish it before?

V_Arnold

So what do you guys think is the best rune for Firebomb for WD now? I love the skill and the fact that I can run a build with it is one of the most welcome changes in this patch for me <3

For me, it is definitely the one where it bounces 5 more times. It DESTROYS stuff.

I am using a pet-based build, and they are not fucking around. Sacrificed zombie dogs do 100k+ damage if they crit, and after that, an acid cloud (300% over 6 sec) ticks for 40-70k crits, while the fire bomb does considerably well as well.

I am glad the patch came. I did not even admit to myself, but I was getting tired of playing Wizard. Witch Doctor has way more real options and variety now. They are really great now. Amazing, even.

DTKT

This is me.

I played maybe 2 hours yesterday, I had great fun till I realized that the two hours had brought zero useful items.

I'll come back when rare or blues are interesting. So I don't have to feel sad when anything less than an iLevel 63 drops.

V_Arnold

This is me.

I played maybe 2 hours yesterday, I had great fun till I realized that the two hours had brought zero useful items.

I'll come back when rare or blues are interesting. So I don't have to feel sad when anything less than an iLevel 63 drops.

Sorry for reacting to this, but do you see the problem here? You had fun until you realized that all you had was fun? Why is it a problem? Fun is why we usually play games in the first place.

Jrmint

So which buffed abilities are DH's using?

I absolutely MELTED Butcher with Double Chakram and Stampede. Killed him about twice as fast as using Frost Arrow, I couldn't believe how fast the Chakrams dropped him.

DTKT

Sorry for reacting to this, but do you see the problem here? You had fun until you realized that all you had was fun? Why is it a problem? Fun is why we usually play games in the first place.

I had fun because I was hoping for items. D3 becomes are relatively boring game when you play a sword and board barb. Mash revenge and hope for the best. It's pretty, but it's get awfully repetitive in it's environments and enemy types.

The fun disappeared when I understood that my chances of getting a remotely useful items dropped to zero. Or when I looked at the price for some Whirlwind barb rings.

Here how I felt during the night. Start at 10 or so. Jump into an ACT3 with friends and spend 3 hours making our way through it. Every single time a yellow dropped, I ID'ed it and found out it was trash, my fun meter dropped. Repeat that about 100 times or so throughout the night, and I figured I was pretty much done with D3 for now. There needs to be some fun spikes here and there to sustain me. It can be a barren wasteland for 20 hours.

Simply put, there is nothing to look forward to beyond rares. And even if you get an iLevel 63, there is a good chance that it's going to be terrible. Gems are terrible and Tomes are worthless. Blues are useless and white, well, let's not even talk about white items. So, that's it. Paragon levels are nice, but are so inconsequential and such a big grind that they can't pull me away from feeling unexcited about the loot. The lack of any kind of uniqueness in rares, or even variety, make them incredibly boring.

Here you go, Diablo is a loot game with boring loot.

Vodh

Couldn't have said it better myself. Diablo 3 is a great game in terms of fun gameplay as far as hack and slash goes.

And this is why 1.0.4 is a major step in a right direction. Because I can see how lack of any kind of reward for extended period of gameplay can be a little disheartening - the gameplay is fun, but it's also a loot game. This means we expect to get nice loot. And when we don't, the game doesn't meet the expectations, and that can poison the fun. But with the paragon levels, it's a lot easier to ignore lack of really good drops because this blue bar is a really neat form of a guaranteed reward for having fun.

And let's face it - with 0% MF a run with nothing sellable is a pretty common thing - but with 300% it's much more of an unlucky streak than the norm. Unless you get spoiled, but there's nothing (short of a ladder where you start from scratch and learn to appreciate those drops again) that can be done about that.

Sure, the PvP and the proper endgame (that we are promised even if it's going to take a while) would be nice, but I can see myself playing D3 for a long time after 1.0.4, when all I did for the past couple of weeks was log in maybe once a week or so.

Dahbomb

3 hours for one run? Probably why you didn't get anything. Just pick up the rares and move along. Don't id them until you have completed the run (go to town only to unload rares in your stash).

You should be doing 2-3 runs in one hour especially in this new nerfed Inferno. It will probably take 10 runs to get something good which is pretty much how it is.

I actually went through 3 full tabs + inventory worth of rares and didn't find anything decent once. Yet another run I got 2 legendaries, a set item and a 10% crit chance glove. The more you play the more you increase your chances especially with the new Paragon system. Can't expect to hit the jackpot after a single run.

Diablo 3 is a great game in terms of fun gameplay as far as hack and slash goes.
I don't know any more.

It was when it was challenging, but since the patch it feels like I'm just steamrolling everything. I've even been able to completely clear acts in my magic find gear (Which has shitty DPS and no resist all).

Talking of loot - I just finished a full run of act 2 with 367% magic find... and found three things worth selling. None of those worth more than a million.

Dingotech

I played last night for a bit over and hour and another 30 mins or so this morning.
I played Act 2 for the first time in a while and whilst I did die a few times I actually managed to progress reasonably far so the difficulty has definitely dropped a bit. Only leveled up 1.2 levels or so of Paragon.

I didn't really find any decent items though, I got a Legendary item drop this morning but only a lvl60 mace with 667dps, so not very good.

It has brought back some of the fun for me now I've got things to work for again, just continually doing Act 1 runs was the reason I previously stopped playing.

Has anybody got any suggestions regarding good WD builds under the new patch? I'm running zombie bears/splinters, with hex, spirit drain, wall of zombies, and now gargantuan. (I'm sure I've got some of those names wrong...) Passives I'm using spirit walk, jungle fortitude, and the +20%dmg/additional mana use one.
Stats i can remember – 32K HP, 25K DPS, 500 resists.

I sold something for $30 and I have a feeling I could have easily gotten more than double that :p

I've reached the point where I'm undercutting prices like crazy just for the lulz. I'm a pioneer. I'm trying to get people to price things lower. Thank me later folks.

DTKT

Couldn't have said it better myself. Diablo 3 is a great game in terms of fun gameplay as far as hack and slash goes.

And this is why 1.0.4 is a major step in a right direction. Because I can see how lack of any kind of reward for extended period of gameplay can be a little disheartening - the gameplay is fun, but it's also a loot game. This means we expect to get nice loot. And when we don't, the game doesn't meet the expectations, and that can poison the fun. But with the paragon levels, it's a lot easier to ignore lack of really good drops because this blue bar is a really neat form of a guaranteed reward for having fun.

And let's face it - with 0% MF a run with nothing sellable is a pretty common thing - but with 300% it's much more of an unlucky streak than the norm. Unless you get spoiled, but there's nothing (short of a ladder where you start from scratch and learn to appreciate those drops again) that can be done about that.

Sure, the PvP and the proper endgame (that we are promised even if it's going to take a while) would be nice, but I can see myself playing D3 for a long time after 1.0.4, when all I did for the past couple of weeks was log in maybe once a week or so.

But I'll never run 300%. I'll probably be at 75% or 100% for the next few weeks. That's probably not enough to motivate me.

kennah

I can't post the picture yet (on mobile) but I sold a low level (like under level 10) glove that was plus 10 vit and plus 8 exp

For 125,000 gold.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Im running in almost all MF gear in Act III :D

Although Im doing it groups... and those groups are sometimes -really- bad. :(

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
3 hours for one run? Probably why you didn't get anything. Just pick up the rares and move along. Don't id them until you have completed the run (go to town only to unload rares in your stash).

You should be doing 2-3 runs in one hour especially in this new nerfed Inferno. It will probably take 10 runs to get something good which is pretty much how it is.

I actually went through 3 full tabs + inventory worth of rares and didn't find anything decent once. Yet another run I got 2 legendaries, a set item and a 10% crit chance glove. The more you play the more you increase your chances especially with the new Paragon system. Can't expect to hit the jackpot after a single run.

3 Act3 clears in an hour? Gonna call BS on that one.

Dahbomb

3 Act3 clears in an hour? Gonna call BS on that one.
I never said 3 FULL Act 3 clears. I just meant that he should pick a smaller section from maybe an earlier act and just run that instead. Like the VoA in act 2, that would be more suitable to his playstyle than doing the ENTIRETY of act 3 in a group.

Actually now that I look back at my post it was vague which run I was talking about. I personally don't prescribe to entire act clears, just the most high yield stuff in an act (like VoA run in Act 2, Festering Woods -> Leoric Manor).

Trickster

I never said 3 FULL Act 3 clears. I just meant that he should pick a smaller section from maybe an earlier act and just run that instead. Like the VoA in act 2, that would be more suitable to his playstyle than doing the ENTIRETY of act 3 in a group.

Actually now that I look back at my post it was vague which run I was talking about. I personally don't prescribe to entire act clears, just the most high yield stuff in an act (like VoA run in Act 2, Festering Woods -> Leoric Manor).

I could never do those small runs. Once I start, I loathe losing my valor buffs, feels like waste of time having to get back to 5 stacks. Maybe it's because I'm a ww barb and I storm through act 3 in little over an hour.

foladar

Yeah, kripparian did 1 run in maybe 35-40 minutes when he played. And with the gear he had, it's probably hard to do it faster.

Yeah, likely at least an hour per act 3 run, assuming you have pretty good gear. Most people are in the 2-3 hour range (at least the people I play with, 2-4 hours generally). With the set up now, and the lack of regen, there's no reason to not do a full run unless you don't have the time.

So I bought a crazy two hander for 24k gold... comparing to others similar, it's worth at least ten million(I could see it selling for 30 mil)

That would be my best flip to date.

PS: I love time left sorting.

Ramirez

I've been using Multishot with Fire at Will since the patch, I don't know if this was viable before the patch, but I'm having fun. It's probably not the most efficient skill, but it gives me good D2 nostalgia. :p

I'm clearing A3 pretty easily, reflect damage still owns me as I have practically no resists to speak of, heh. I swear 90% of the packs in my earlier game had RD, lame.

eek5

The skill buffs have been great so far. I've been switching up my builds every run. Right now I'm running spirit generating rune w/ EP, cyclone, and wave of light. Just cyclone stuff in and EPing them when they're stacked up then spamming wave of light until they explode lmao

Vicros

This is my first legendary post-patch.

m6DA5.jpg

Well it... has movement speed I guess?

I put it on my wizard so at least I can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom