• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

jbk0vr4AiMVLcZ.jpg

Any idea what this might be worth? I'd like to start paying back some of the awesome help I've been given and this looks more valuable than most of what the leapers in A1 have been farting out.

xero273

Since I'm trying to get back into Diablo 3....what kinda runs do people do nowadays and what should I be looking for? Back in the day I did Act 1 Unique monster runs for rares.

With the most recent patch ppl, for Act 1 people are doing get stacks at festering woods. If you can't get 5 at festering warp to leoric and outside the manor you should be able to get more stacks. Once you get 5 stacks, Fields of Misery, weeping hollows, and end of halls of agony 2.

eek5

With the most recent patch ppl, for Act 1 people are doing get stacks at festering woods. If you can't get 5 at festering warp to leoric and outside the manor you should be able to get more stacks. Once you get 5 stacks, Fields of Misery, weeping hollows, and end of halls of agony 2.

decayyying crypts yo!

jbk0vr4AiMVLcZ.jpg

Any idea what this might be worth? I'd like to start paying back some of the awesome help I've been given and this looks more valuable than most of what the leapers in A1 have been farting out.

I think in the 30-45m range.

koji

triumverate.png

Just dropped (on HC) any idea what it might be worth? Or is it any good, that would be a start, average dmg seems a bit on the low side... Is no AP on crit a killer? There aren't a lot of them listed with AP on crit.

Put it up for 20mil no buyout this morning (to test the waters) and to my own surprise it looks like someone actually bid 20mil for it. ATM it's my biggest HC sell so far (Plvl 26) and my 2nd biggest in 500hours of D3, once sold IK boots for 45mil in SC.

bidlol.png

Wonder where it will end up but I'm already super happy with that initial 20mil bid :) Gonna save up some more and buy me a new shiny weapon with it, man, the day I lose that character is going to be a sad day, I'm sure it'll happen, I just hope it's going to be my own fault and not some silly server crash or PC crash...

Talaysen

Found this yesterday. Anyone know about what it's worth?

71R1ZSE.jpg

If I put in all the stats with no value, way worse things come up and they don't even have a buyout.

I'm not sure what the shield market is like. The block isn't bad, but with stormshields out there ...

Nice crit and EHP though on that.

EDIT: I don't remember the last time I used a shield. lol maybe 1.0.3

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Found this yesterday. Anyone know about what it's worth?

Yeah, that one was tricky. I'd take out the dex roll and see if any come up.

It's better than the best possible Stormshield in some ways. Some PVP barbs go for crazy vit. I'd put it up for like 50m start bid tomorrow morning and see what happens.

Shield market is weird, MF and GF shields sold for higher price than other armors.

I think a ton of those dualboxer people who play a bunch of characters on one computer stack defensive and mf gf armor up on the bots. Shields are one of those I'd imagine.

I just found my Murlocket!...Shame it wont work if you equip it on a follower...pretty much useless in terms of stats... -60K some DPS. They should patch that.

Shifty76

Spent about 5m and got another 10k dps and HP on my wiz then proceeded to roll over A1 MP8. Main concern was being able to survive a charge from the bulls and I can do that, so now I'm a happy camper.

Definitely still upgrades to be made: Higher dps source & mainhand, better gloves & shoulders (which I'm hoping crafting will provide), Adding CD wherever possible, though that's really expensive, especially if I already have IAS and CC in those slots.

Going to try out MP10 solo tonight. Suspect I'll need more armour and/or vit to be able to survive bull charges in MP10 but we'll see how it goes.

My "end-game" is to have a character of each class that can run MP10 without too many problems and I think the wiz is nearly there. Monk is there, barb should be able to get there easy enough, which leaves DH and WD (probably no surprise to anyone)

Might go with that grenades build on the DH as I've always liked tanky characters that can survive all kinds of random stuff while still killing fast enough not to be boring. Not sure what to do on the WD, but I suspect it'll be based on bats since 0cd dogs is well outside my budget and I'm not a fan of bears.

Spent about 5m and got another 10k dps and HP on my wiz then proceeded to roll over A1 MP8. Main concern was being able to survive a charge from the bulls and I can do that, so now I'm a happy camper.

Definitely still upgrades to be made: Higher dps source & mainhand, better gloves & shoulders (which I'm hoping crafting will provide), Adding CD wherever possible, though that's really expensive, especially if I already have IAS and CC in those slots.

Going to try out MP10 solo tonight. Suspect I'll need more armour and/or vit to be able to survive bull charges in MP10 but we'll see how it goes.

My "end-game" is to have a character of each class that can run MP10 without too many problems and I think the wiz is nearly there. Monk is there, barb should be able to get there easy enough, which leaves DH and WD (probably no surprise to anyone)

Might go with that grenades build on the DH as I've always liked tanky characters that can survive all kinds of random stuff while still killing fast enough not to be boring. Not sure what to do on the WD, but I suspect it'll be based on bats since 0cd dogs is well outside my budget and I'm not a fan of bears.

sounds like we're in the same boat. if you don't mind posting your profile I'd like to see what ya got. My profile is a few posts above

Fularu

Banned
well a 1h Mace w/STR, OS, CD, and LS would be billions, so obviously one handers are more expensive. poor folk like me have to pick and choose like 3 out of the 4 mods to get on a weapon.
Dunno I paid 10 million for mine (probably less)

Granted it's just 850 DPS but it packs 3% ls/OS/67cd/187 str

Can't access bnet at work to get the direct link, but bnet tag is Shifty76#1953 if you don't mind looking it up manually.

I see so many wizards using chantodo's and I dont understand why. Is it because of the set bonuses?

I recently upgraded my source and 1h weapon, added about 25k dps.

Have you looked at inna's pants? INT ones are hard to find and somewhat expensive, but it does have attack speed and crit chance. 2 sockets, too. looks like your stacking IAS, it might be a good upgrade for you.

Vio-Lence

Banned
Dunno I paid 10 million for mine (probably less)

Granted it's just 850 DPS but it packs 3% ls/OS/67cd/187 str

well that's the thing, search for those stats on a 1h with 1100+ dps.
unless your weapon is in your offhand, then who cares that the dps is low.

Whats with people saying offhand DPS doesnt matter? How does that work?

I know when I put a stronger weapon in my offhand my DPS goes up.

If you're a WW barb, only your main hand is used in the calculation for your attacks. Your sheet DPS will be affected by your offhand.

Before you could get a 900 DPS weapons with a socket / CD and LS for 2 million, people had to use "stat sticks" for their barbs offhand. Usually it was a low DPS dagger with great stats and higher IAS.

Shifty76

I see so many wizards using chantodo's and I dont understand why. Is it because of the set bonuses?

I recently upgraded my source and 1h weapon, added about 25k dps.

Have you looked at inna's pants? INT ones are hard to find and somewhat expensive, but it does have attack speed and crit chance. 2 sockets, too. looks like your stacking IAS, it might be a good upgrade for you.

Set bonus plus crazy attack speed on wand plus APoC on both pieces, making perma-freeze really easy. Of course, if you're not running a CM build then you're likely better off with a black dmg weapon. I could always use a different weapon with CD and socket, but that'd make hitting that 2.74 breakpoint really difficult, unless I could find a 900+ dps dagger with IAS/CD/180 int/socket, and last I checked those things went for billions.

I did look at Inna's pants, but they're not great for ehp, are expensive, and I'd lose the LoH I get from Blackthorne's plus the 100 vit bonus since I have Blackthorne's ammy.

Raticus79

Here's a mid-tier gearing strategy to keep in mind: get a max IAS chantos (instead of a socket) and trade attack speed for crit damage on your other gear.

Fularu

Banned
If you're a WW barb, only your main hand is used in the calculation for your attacks. Your sheet DPS will be affected by your offhand.

Before you could get a 900 DPS weapons with a socket / CD and LS for 2 million, people had to use "stat sticks" for their barbs offhand. Usually it was a low DPS dagger with great stats and higher IAS.
Uh? So should I switch my MH and my OH? My OH is a 1309 DPS EF!

If you're a WW barb, I believe your MH should be the higher of your DPS weapons .... yes.

This is true for other classes as well though. Some skills are bases on MH Weapon DPS. I believe Baclash is for MoE on monks as an example.

OK so that is only in regards to WW attack? So basically its a make do if you cant afford a better weapon?

I'm not trying to disagree or anything I just sort of dont understand. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243 , So what should I be doing with my weapons. For some reason my AS is higher when I put the EF in my offhand, however the IAS seems to go away after awhile if I reequip it it goes back up. So I'm not entirely sure what my AS actually is. Somethings funky. The DPS in the game doesnt move regardless of which oens in which hand so I'm not sure it matters to me? Or should I have the EF in my main?

Shifty76

OK so that is only in regards to WW attack? So basically its a make do if you cant afford a better weapon?

I'm not trying to disagree or anything I just sort of dont understand. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/27578243 , So what should I be doing with my weapons. For some reason my AS is higher when I put the EF in my offhand, however the IAS seems to go away after awhile if I reequip it it goes back up. So I'm not entirely sure what my AS actually is. Somethings funky. The DPS in the game doesnt move regardless of which oens in which hand so I'm not sure it matters to me? Or should I have the EF in my main?

I believe WW alternates weapons used. RLTW tornadoes are all mainhand based though, which is why many barbs have EF on offhand since the fear proc won't happen on the tornadoes.

Your "SHEET" dps won't change based on the hand your weapon isin. The SKILLS your character uses might be affected though. WW Barbs and Backlash monks as examples.

For some reason, IAS has always read screwy to me as well. I'm not sure why either. I think it's a bug honestly.

I believe WW alternates weapons used. RLTW tornadoes are all mainhand based though, which is why many barbs have EF on offhand since the fear proc won't happen on the tornadoes.

So they sacrifice tornadoe power for less fear procs hmm.

I hate that the best weapon in the game is also the most annoying to use.

Shifty76

So they sacrifice tornadoe power for less fear procs hmm.

I hate that the best weapon in the game is also the most annoying to use.

Also, the dmg is based on average weapon damage. Since the EF has such high attack speed, that inflates the DPS number displayed. Look at the actual damage range on an EF, and it's a lot lower on say a 1100 dps EF than it would be on something like a 1000 dps spear or mace, meaning those would be better options for mainhand.

Raticus79

If you have an EF and a mace with the same weapon DPS (no IAS on the mace), tornadoes will hit harder with the EF in the offhand. They use the damage of the main hand and the attack speed alternates between the two. Since the base attack speed of the mace is the same as the EF, alternating weapons give you a constant attack speed. The mace always wins in this scenario.

edit: It is known.

Also, the dmg is based on average weapon damage. Since the EF has such high attack speed, that inflates the DPS number displayed. Look at the actual damage range on an EF, and it's a lot lower on say a 1100 dps EF than it would be on something like a 1000 dps spear or mace, meaning those would be better options for mainhand.

That makes sense too.

Fularu

Banned
My MH is 846 and my EF is 1309 ... The difference is prety significant

Vio-Lence

Banned

if you play around with D3Rawr, i'm fairly certain that high damage range is far more important in your main hand. You want something with like 900+ average damage in the MH.

The main reason EF is so popular with WW barbs is because of the +0.24 or 0.25 APS mod. You only need 4 pieces of attack speed gear to hit the 2.5 APS break-point (in zerker) with each hand with an EF equipped. With a 0.24 APS EF you need 9/9/8/8 IAS slots to hit 2.5 APS. With a 0.25 APS EF you need 9/8/8/8 IAS slots to hit 2.5 APS.

The reason why you see the EF equipped in the offhand is two fold. 1) it reduces the fear chance in the offhand. 2) lower dps EF are significantly cheaper and the weapon is most useful for hitting the breakpoints.

Cipherr

I hate the fear on EF. I refuse to use one anymore, I went with a rare in my offhand. To hell with the increased attack speed/dps if it sends mobs running all over the place. So annoying.

Vodh

Just keep in mind that your other weapon also benefits from the 0.25 AS on EF. It might go over the 1309DPS when you take it into account.

Edit: beaten soooo bad.

I hate the fear on EF. I refuse to use one anymore, I went with a rare in my offhand. To hell with the increased attack speed/dps if it sends mobs running all over the place. So annoying.

This. Sometimes it's even annoying playing with people who have them. In certain situations (like that damned thing Opiate found) I understand the urge to use them, but in general I'm not a fan.

Shifty76

Avg dmg, NOT displayed dps.

1300 dps would be what, 630-1170 dmg range? So 900 avg dmg.

Now that's still higher than your MH, but it's not 1300 vs 846 different, more like 900 vs 700 different. Still, EF in mainhand would give more tornado dmg, but it would also have a chance of proccing that fear on every target your tornadoes hit. Up to you whether that's a pain for you to deal with or not.

Shifty76

Warning: Epic Fail alert.

A few weeks back I bought an 1100 dps axe with cd, ls, socket and 100-odd dex for 90m.

Looked like a great deal since all others were 200m+ so I figured I could sell it for a decent profit since I'm perpetually broke.

Got home last last night and it hadn't sold so I went to re-list it for 150m. Checked the AH when I got home today to find it had finally sold!

I got 125k for it.

Apparently I listed it for 150k rather than 150m. Guess I made someone a happy camper.

So annoyed since that 90m was the most gold I've ever had in 1k+ hours of playing this game.

Moral of the story: Don't list items on the AH after getting home late after a couple of beers!

eek5

A few weeks back I bought an 1100 dps axe with cd, ls, socket and 100-odd dex for 90m.

Looked like a great deal since all others were 200m+ so I figured I could sell it for a decent profit since I'm perpetually broke.

Got home last last night and it hadn't sold so I went to re-list it for 150m. Checked the AH when I got home today to find it had finally sold!

I got 125k for it.

Apparently I listed it for 150k rather than 150m. Guess I made someone a happy camper.

So annoyed since that 90m was the most gold I've ever had in 1k+ hours of playing this game.

Moral of the story: Don't list items on the AH after getting home late after a couple of beers!

Congrats.
I may try this someday.

lol :(

Whats with people saying offhand DPS doesnt matter? How does that work?

I know when I put a stronger weapon in my offhand my DPS goes up.

People have covered it pretty well but the general idea is that RLTW tornadoes deal damage based solely on your mainhand damage. It's one of the only (the only?) skill in the game that does this so you can exploit it by equipping a very high average damage main hand then get as many modifiers to boost that damage as possible on your offhand. When you are pure WW, a pretty significant chunk of your damage comes from RLTW tornadoes.

I think if I were to build a WW barb from scratch I'd get something like an 1100 DPS axe w/ 70-80% CD and open socket. Socket in a ruby then get a 95+ CD, 2.8LS fast offhand like a sword or dagger (both w/ str)

Raticus79

There are actually lots of skills that use mainhand damage only. The fastest way to find them is to equip two weapons with different attack speeds. If using the skill resets your char sheet APS to your mainhand every time instead of alternating, then that one only uses mainhand damage.

e.g. Wave of light, cyclone strike

Doesn't work for sprint tornadoes, of course

Cipherr

Grats. Im still not brave enough to do this. I find the idea of losing my character and progress to a lagspike or server issue absolutely unthinkable. Makes me sick even thinking about it.

But I would LOVE to play in the HC environment where I hear the AH is more healthy and there is no RMAH.

I got 125k for it.

That sucks man. I once managed to swap out and sell two legendary items I was wearing once. Then I finished vendoring trash before I realized it. Lol

I feel your pain, though not 90 mill worth

eek5

That sucks man. I once managed to swap out and sell two legendary items I was wearing once. Then I finished vendoring trash before I realized it. Lol

I feel your pain, though not 90 mill worth

I've done this twice already. I don't really flip often but I'll flip shit when I'm looking for upgrades so I usually end up flipping items that I already own. The bad part is that I run multiple sets on my chars (i.e tr monk, dw monk, etc) so I ended up selling my personal items for WAAAAAY under their value twice now. One was a 8% 97 dex 96 AR innas belt and the other was a 160 int 260 vit 9% asi 58 fire res tal's. FML.

Feels bad when you go to switch gear sets and you wonder why you have a shitty legendary and come to the realization that you fucked yourself lol

but we'll see how it goes.

I have more or less done this. Initially I wanted to do this without sharing any gear at all.

I don't like CM Wiz though so then I ended up building a MP5-7 archon wizard but by that point I was spending 50-200+mil on upgrades on both my WD and Wiz and it stopped making any sense at all (I had a 50 mil zunis chest on my wd and a 60 mil zuni chest on my wiz for example)

So I gave up on everyone having their own gear. My WD and Wiz share a lot. My DH and Monk have diffeent gear though. I think just for survival and OK clearing speed, DH is probably the cheapest to gear. You can get away with the lowest ehp between all the classes because of how strong permagloom build is. I've switched to rapid fire for the time being though and it is pretty fun in groups, especially with a CM wiz dropping damage bubble ahead of you for you to lob grenades into. 260k sheet (snap shotted buff) feels almost as good as 220k sheet (buffed) CoB WD.

Speaking of WD. I've been through bears and some old old ghetto pet builds. Bears was effective but there is a lot of micromanagement in terms of firing off skills at the right time etc. It was a bit too complicated for me. 0CD looks like a lot of fun but I'm pretty poor as well. I've played with some 0CD wds though and they synergize really well w/ CoB builds. Dropping health globes all the time pretty much keeps me buffed at 300+k dps full time which is amazing. CoB is a lot more chill compared to the other builds though. CoB WD, Grenades DH, DW monk, and Archon wiz all play pretty similarly; just hold position and wreck shit :D

Shadow780

Man you guys just blew my mind, Tornados are main hand dps only?

I've been running with a 800 dps axe for the longest time :lol

I have EC on my offhand since I hate Fear too but time to look for a better dps MH.

MrDaravon

265 later (yes I've counted) I finally crafted a pretty decent pair of gloves:

TFAFesr.jpg

Torn on what to do with them though; first thought was to put them on my DH since I'm running Grenades and I had no IAS on my current gloves, it's a straight 11k dps upgrade there which is crazy, BUT I lose about 70 AR (~43k ehp) dropping me to 450-500 resists. If I put them on my Monk I gain 4k dps and still lose ~46k ehp which is much more doable there since I'd still have over 500k ehp on the Monk, but eh. Will probably keep it on the DH since even with that eHP drop I'm still at about 400k eHP (which is fairly good by DH standards still) but the IAS takes me up to 2.85 APS which is getting me close to the 3.00 APS goal, and I still have relatively easy upgrade paths to get more AR on my DH if I want (can drop to 100 Dex Nat Chest and Inna Pants to pick up high AR on both, would negate most/all of the 11k dps gain but would keep that APS up which is the most important thing for the build).

If nothing else I'm honestly just thrilled that after hundreds of crafts I finally got something fairly decent though. Not God-tier, but at least something equippable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom