• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
So I gave up on everyone having their own gear.

Ha! I win. It's way easier on the gold supply once you hit that gear wall

Yup, permagloom does seem to be the tankiest build out there

Replaced my hellfire with a litany to get back over the 2.74 breakpoint. Storm crow seems to proc enough to keep conflag going on its own.

Syntek

Multiplayer seems more worthwhile with the recent changes, which is good considering how dreadfully boring solo grinding has become. So add me folks (coffeebeans#1661), I'm up for key runs, uber runs, or anything really.

Multiplayer seems more worthwhile with the recent changes, which is good considering how dreadfully boring solo grinding has become. So add me folks (coffeebeans#1661), I'm up for key runs, uber runs, or anything really.

Yeah I would not be back in it if it wasn't for that!
I will add you, and that reminds me, add me too everyone - sorijealut#1247

With the most recent patch ppl, for Act 1 people are doing get stacks at festering woods. If you can't get 5 at festering warp to leoric and outside the manor you should be able to get more stacks. Once you get 5 stacks, Fields of Misery, weeping hollows, and end of halls of agony 2.
Thank you! Are people still mostly going for Critical Hit Chance and Damage increase? Also, what is a lot of gold nowadays? 9 months ago I felt like a king when I had 10 million. For some reason that feels like chump change now.

Whats a key or uber run? If you have time now, I wouldn't mind tagging along...if its something I can actually do.

Thank you! Are people still mostly going for Critical Hit Chance and Damage increase? Also, what is a lot of gold nowadays? 9 months ago I felt like a king when I had 10 million. For some reason that feels like chump change now.

Whats a key or uber run? If you have time now, I wouldn't mind tagging along...if its something I can actually do.

I personally like to prioritize it like this.

crit chance% -> attack speed% -> average damage -> crit damage%

I can take you on the next uber run if I get more machines. I'll need get some help again from our gaf big bros though.

I'd say a lot of gold is close to 1 billion.

I personally like to prioritize it like this.

crit chance% -> attack speed% -> average damage -> crit damage%

I can take you on the next uber run if I get more machines. I'll need get some help again from our gaf big bros though.

I'd say a lot of gold is close to 1 billion.
Lordy, that's a lot. My account is VincentA#1825. I'll gladly join if others can help. But if not, I can always bug you on another night.

Is there any point to selling rares for gold or do most just salvage nowadays for crafting parts?

koji

Grats. Im still not brave enough to do this. I find the idea of losing my character and progress to a lagspike or server issue absolutely unthinkable. Makes me sick even thinking about it.

But I would LOVE to play in the HC environment where I hear the AH is more healthy and there is no RMAH.

HC economy isn't that great, not on EU it isn't anyway. Sure you don't have the RMAH and way less bots but the good items are scarce because so many items leave the system (and less people play HC so less items are found). It only gets bad when you need to start gearing up for inferno/MPs though, sub 60 it's great.

Also; an item that would be considered trash on SC will go in the millions on HC. Like a "simple" 150mainstat/150vit/60AR pair of pants will cost you an arm and a leg.

lol, just searched on 150int/150vit/60AR pants, results below...

euhcAHlol.png

Yep...

Just entered the same query on SC, 25 pages, lowest buy-out 800k and some ending without buy-out for around 200k. That's a pretty good illustration of what's not so great about the HC economy right there.

However, if you do manage to gear up and get that dmg up and feel you're trashing MP1, it's pretty rewarding! :lol

Cipherr

HC economy isn't that great, not on EU it isn't anyway. Sure you don't have the RMAH and way less bots but the good items are scarce because so many items leave the system (and less people play HC so less items are found). It only gets bad when you need to start gearing up for inferno/MPs though, sub 60 it's great.

Also; an item that would be considered trash on SC will go in the millions on HC. Like a "simple" 150mainstat/150vit/60AR pair of pants will cost you an arm and a leg.

lol, just searched on 150int/150vit/60AR pants, results below...

Yep...

Just entered the same query on SC, 25 pages, lowest buy-out 800k and some ending without buy-out for around 200k. That's a pretty good illustration of what's not so great about the HC economy right there.

However, if you do manage to gear up and get that dmg up and feel you're trashing MP1, it's pretty rewarding! :lol

Wow, I always thought the economy was so much better and less influenced by the inflation on HC. Doesnt seem thats its really all that better from that example.

Shame.

V_Arnold

Wow, I always thought the economy was so much better and less influenced by the inflation on HC. Doesnt seem thats its really all that better from that example.

Shame.

Uhm, what? That is not inflation, it is simple supply-demand ratios being wildly off. You cant wish yourself an item that do not exist in that economy. And the demand is huge.

On the normal realms, the opposite is true: the good, quite good, very good items are also wildly abundant, only the top of the top is really where demand once again is bigger than the supply pool.

koji

Uhm, what? That is not inflation, it is simple supply-demand ratios being wildly off. You cant wish yourself an item that do not exist in that economy. And the demand is huge.

Yeah it's pretty much that, I wonder that there are a lot of people with those 100's of millions gold on hardcore though, some prices are just insane...

Ingeniero

I upgraded yesterday, invested like 6 million:

- Bought an IK Eternal Reign.
- Upgraded all my gems.
- Removed ruby from helm, changed it for an amethyst.
- Bought a Lacunis with CC.
- Bought a SoJ with bash bonnus and 29% elite dmg.
- Changed my HF ring for a dps one.
- Sold an Innas temp for 4mill so it was almost a free upgrade.

Unbuffed I'm now at:
DPS 167,530.32
EHP 368,579.23

Now I can play mp8 without dying, the extra exp makes up for the HFR and the ruby in helm.

I will try to upgrade my weapon now and somehow improve my resists.

Cheers.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Are there any programs to record how much exp I'm making per hour? Too lazy to do it manually and I wanna test some routes.

Finders Keepers does it with a little pop up window along with the usual loot alert stuff. It's a third party memory reading utility though, so can't really say it's safe to use. If you're comfortable with that, I still wouldn't use it without an authenticator.

http://finderskeepers.site40.net/Downloads

https://code.google.com/p/finderskeeper/downloads/list

V_Arnold

Are there any programs to record how much exp I'm making per hour? Too lazy to do it manually and I wanna test some routes.

You cannot be that lazy to write down two numbers per hour, when the alternative is using a third party software that can make Blizzard ban-happy with you.

XShagrath

Does anyone use any tools while playing the game? I'm not super comfortable with anything that reads memory, because it sounds like that's trackable. Anything else that does cool things/offers additional info that doesn't read memory?

I use the d3Bit program most of the time to check the quality of my legendaries right off the bat. From what I understand, that doesn't read memory, but just grabs the info off of a screengrab that it parses and compares with the max stats of that item.

Shifty76

Does anyone use any tools while playing the game? I'm not super comfortable with anything that reads memory, because it sounds like that's trackable. Anything else that does cool things/offers additional info that doesn't read memory?

I use the d3Bit program most of the time to check the quality of my legendaries right off the bat. From what I understand, that doesn't read memory, but just grabs the info off of a screengrab that it parses and compares with the max stats of that item.

I use the macros on my N52 when I play CM wiz...not sure if that's the kind of thing you mean. Couldn't play the build without it - one button to start spamming skills, press it again to stop.

xero273

What SoJs are worth selling? I know you want the max resource stat and elite dmg on the ring, but then it can roll with all these skill affixes and different elemental dmg affixes. Not sure which of those ppl are actually looking for.

Ingeniero

What SoJs are worth selling? I know you want the max resource stat and elite dmg on the ring, but then it can roll with all these skill affixes and different elemental dmg affixes. Not sure which of those ppl are actually looking for.
HotA ones are insanely expensive.

Also the ones with cold damage.

Monk skills can sell. I had a really good Sweeping Wind one that sold for 55m a couple weeks ago.

Fularu

Banned
I'll do some MP10 Uber runs for those who need it this weekend (no charge, in case that was a question).
I can join (no charge either as you said).
I have 20 machines or something like that.

Trying out hardcore... It's stressfull (just Act I normal so far... yeah years behind)

If there's a good monk / CM wiz in the party, there are no pre-reqs. Mostly CM though. lol

Rat, Eek, Talay and myself did Ubers the other night on MP10 after farming. None of us had skills set up for uber fights. We were built for farming. Talay was playing his alt barb, Eek was playing his damage dealing alt WD, Rat played his Wiz and I played monk. With the exception of some mental errors during the magda/SK fight, we just plowed through them.

I feel like we should have a place where user names for active Diablo 3 GAF members can be compiled. I've posted my screen at least 3 times in the last 5 pages or so for newcomers / people just jumping back in.

neoism

Blizz huffs and puffs on any 3rd party program. I used DarkD3 since launch then moved to Sweetfx... makes the game look a million times better... I wish I could use loot alert, I love the sounds of items and gold and legs dropping but hate that you have to suffer listening to the shitty hackinslash noises... I would love if they would make that separate. I listen to music 100% of the time and mostly have the games sound turned all the way down.
Blizz is ridiculous.. :(

lol damn alot of ppl already said but I'll be playing this weekend will try and get at least 3 machines I can do better now that I bought some stuff, but will still died alot lol..

neoism#1506
add me would love to have more gaffer on...

Cipherr

I think I have around 7-8 of each key. I suppose I would be up for some Uber runs depending on the times. Im off for the remainder of the evening today, Ill be busy tomorrow until around 8:30 CST but I would be free after that, and Sunday I don't have anything going until around 7:30 PM CST to 8:30 PM Anytime outside of those I could run if there is need/room.

Cipherr#1757
Monk.

Edit: Looks like I have 9 of each key. Went ahead and made them machines. Got 9 total.

MrDaravon

I have hilarious amounts of machines, if I'm around this weekend I'm down.

Also yet another thread on why DH's suck the worst makes me sad :(. I love my DH, but they have so many problems, and it really comes to light in group play. At this point I almost never play my DH in public games because I just feel bad because even though I have over a billion in gear and for a DH I'm pretty good, I just can't do shit for the group really. Feels bad man.

At some point I need to level up my Barb, but I have this feeling that as soon as I do that it's when they get the nerf hammer.

I've no clue what these uber runs are with keys....but I'm heading to St. Louis this weekend. Once I'm back I'll have to do some research and join the fun. I imagine it is tough as Hell though, and my wimpy 78K dps wizard won't help much. But hey, she's better than a week ago when she was 22K :p

Cipherr

This game needs an IM system or something. If you all run ubers tonight and want me to go, send me a GAF PM or something hah. Im in game but idle and would probably miss a in game PM.

Ive got 9 machines. Cipherr#1757. Looks like it might be full for the run already though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom