• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

What about Lifesteal? I remember reading that, unlike LoH for instance, LS disregards proc rates (meaning it's triggered with every single hit I suppose?). Is that true?

Lifesteal gets scaled down by difficulty, but it does not depend on the proc coefficient of the ability in question since it doesn't scale any better from hitting more quickly.

My wizard is growing up both survival and dps wise, and I'm about to up my runs to the MP5 area after beating diablur on mp4. I use him as a stepping stone on each level of monster power to see if I'm ready to up the difficulty. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Also I'm planning to do more uber runs as I go along, but I only have one infernal machine atm. whiskeydiver#1716

going to be the saddest party ever when you id it :(

:(

I don't think it was too bad. Maybe.

43CCBEC1A28B3C829D07C422897220440DA65362

MrDaravon

I know we talked about this a few pages back, but goddamn are prices on 1h weapons with CD/Socket/LS expensive now. Sold that old ring I posted a few pages back for 100 mil, then after checking off and on all day bought an upgrade to my mainhand for 110 mil. 110 mil "only" got me a 5.2k dps upgrade with slightly higher LS, but from where I started it was at least 50 mil for any upgrade, and this was the best deal I found all day. Most 1 handers with those three stats were all in the 75-150 mil range for around a 3k dps upgrade, I got lucky with the one I did get which is kind of ridiculous. Guess I'm not upgrading that for a good while :(

It's a reflection of the problem with the way the game is designed. Every class benefits tremendously from those particular weapon properties over any others.

I'm not sure how they should do it but they really need to de-emphasize the importance of crits.

Back from St. Louis! I need a mentor to help me get back into Diablo, but to avoid asking a billion questions here (though I'll still ask a lot): is there a good place online that I can reference to find out things like what on earth MP10, MP4 runs are?

Back from St. Louis! I need a mentor to help me get back into Diablo, but to avoid asking a billion questions here (though I'll still ask a lot): is there a good place online that I can reference to find out things like what on earth MP10, MP4 runs are?

I don't know any off the top of my head so I went and did some poking around. The official game guide on battle.net is out of date. The game difficulty section doesn't even mention monster power. There's a blog post detailing the monster power system but it's also slightly out of date since they changed up the XP rewards in patch 1.07. The rest of the internet isn't helping much, either. It's a hodgepodge out badly outdated guides and wikis with eye bleeding site design. But maybe someone else knows of a good site.

What level are you currently at? Your best bet would probably be to just get back into playing and ask any questions as they come up. People here are pretty quick to respond.

I don't know any off the top of my head so I went and did some poking around. The official game guide on battle.net is out of date. The game difficulty section doesn't even mention monster power. There's a blog post detailing the monster power system but it's also slightly out of date since they changed up the XP rewards in patch 1.07. The rest of the internet isn't helping much, either. It's a hodgepodge out badly outdated guides and wikis with eye bleeding site design. But maybe someone else knows of a good site.

What level are you currently at? Your best bet would probably be to just get back into playing and ask any questions as they come up. People here are pretty quick to respond.
Much appreciated! I am a level 60 Wizard with (2) paragon level. My DPS is 70ishK. Some random guy a few nights ago was nice enough to give me a Chantodo Force and Will, which helped my DPS tremendously. However, I still feel like a weakling. I guess my most important question right now is....what kind of runs should I be doing? Just Act 1 runs to try and find rares and such?

And I just read up on monster power. At minimum, I should have myself at MP1 when going through runs now, right?

And final question...promise. Should I even bother selling rares to vendors in town? Or break them all down for salvage?

Much appreciated! I am a level 60 Wizard with (2) paragon level. My DPS is 70ishK. Some random guy a few nights ago was nice enough to give me a Chantodo Force and Will, which helped my DPS tremendously. However, I still feel like a weakling. I guess my most important question right now is....what kind of runs should I be doing? Just Act 1 runs to try and find rares and such?

And I just read up on monster power. At minimum, I should have myself at MP1 when going through runs now, right?

The general rule is the increase the monster power until you start struggling a bit so you can maximize your XP gain.

right now a lot of people are running act 1 for XP. going fester woods -> leoric's manor -> fields of misery -> weeping hollow

as for damage you basically want to stack as much crit chance, crit damage and int as possible. you may want to try your luck at crafting archon gear. the plans drop pretty frequently but they're also pretty cheap on the AH. like 50k gold or something.

also, I love when the decaying crypt spawns. it's a real zombie party.

Tarazet

The general rule is the increase the monster power until you start struggling a bit so you can maximize your XP gain.

right now a lot of people are running act 1 for XP. going fester woods -> leoric's manor -> fields of misery -> weeping hollow

as for damage you basically want to stack as much crit chance, crit damage and int as possible. you may want to try your luck at crafting archon gear. the plans drop pretty frequently but they're also pretty cheap on the AH. like 50k gold or something.

also, I love when the decaying crypt spawns. it's a real zombie party.

Diablo III definitely has a bloot problem.

Spent the weekend and got a Barb up to level 60 so now I need to learn how to actually use him.

Outfitted him decently and things seemed to be dying pretty well on mid MP levels. Time to learn the best skills and equipment so I don't waste too much money.

This is what I'm running with. The last two skills can be interchanged for a lot of different skills. I wouldn't run with pets, though. You want every enemy coming to you. Also having Zunimassa's set helps a ton with mana.

http://d3up.com/b/695948

Thanks! IAS is a bad thing with the bats build? How do WD's get 24% MS or do you all run around with 12%?

ALSO ... the BEEEEEEEES are even bad IRL. Act II aint got nothin'
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575093

yeah the big fault of this particular WD is that you end up standing in place a lot. so bees are the worst. and you'll learn to utterly despise knockback and fear on elites.

edit: the problem with attack speed is that it drains your mana too fast.

also I'm blanking on what MS stands for.

oh movement speed! I'm dumb.

yeah. this build is about standing still so MS isn't important. nice to have I suppose but probably too expensive for what it gets you.

Yeah I was wondering that. Both Lacunni's and Innas pants increase your IAS along with your MS. Is there a breakpoint with IAS that's bad to go over? Do any WD's run with 2H skorns?

I'd like to get at least one of those but they're well out of my price range. Not sure what the exact breakpoint is. depends on your mana regen, obviously. you'll notice that my knife doesn't have that stat on it. those are crazy expensive.

and I think a lot do run with a 2H but I like having more mana regen and int that comes with a mojo.

xero273

Thanks! IAS is a bad thing with the bats build? How do WD's get 24% MS or do you all run around with 12%?

ALSO ... the BEEEEEEEES are even bad IRL. Act II aint got nothin'
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575093

Now I just need a story about trees being bad IRL. tree too OP :(

man my wiz is now p.lvl 100.. not sure what to do now. Try to break unbuff 200k with wiz or work on monk... I don't think I have the gold for that :(

MrDaravon

Damn good Vile Wards are so expensive, I want them :(
Also a Mempo looks so badass, but one with CC costs infinite gold...

You should be able to craft comparable Shoulders (at least minus the armor) pretty easy, especially if you're not looking for double resists.

Now I just need a story about trees being bad IRL. tree too OP :(

man my wiz is now p.lvl 100.. not sure what to do now. Try to break unbuff 200k with wiz or work on monk... I don't think I have the gold for that :(

It would be AMAZING if you have a IRL story about a tree being OP.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yeah I was wondering that. Both Lacunni's and Innas pants increase your IAS along with your MS. Is there a breakpoint with IAS that's bad to go over? Do any WD's run with 2H skorns?

It's not that much of a problem, actually. The 5 seconds it takes to reach max bats damage is scaled down by the witch doctor's APS. (e.g. max in 2.5 seconds with 2 aps) [edit: apparently not any more]

Skills like blood ritual help a lot with the mana cost.

It would be AMAZING if you have a IRL story about a tree being OP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

hzCh6na.jpg

Each of these is about the size of a medium watermelon (5-15 pounds) and they can grow about 40-50 feet in the air. There are some horror stories out there in the news where people were hit by them.

They're also one of the most controversial foods around due to the smell.

Ingeniero

You should be able to craft comparable Shoulders (at least minus the armor) pretty easy, especially if you're not looking for double resists.
But I'm so unlucky crafting... but I will give it a try, it will be expensive too since I'm out of the crafting materials....specially the exquisite essence....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom