• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

You should change this from View Only.

Nah it is working as intended. Make your own read-only list with your battle tag and link it here! I'll compile a list of everyone's google documents in a google document that way people can see the full list of everyone.
How is it so high? Cloud of Bats is only a 10-11x multiplier.

Buffs? My WD is only 180k sheet dps but I buff anywhere from 220-500k sheet dps when in combat.

Just got out of bed. I'll have some breakfast and give some links.

/edit: Here it is

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZUcRP!ZeY!YYZZYc

[MB1]Bash - Instigation
[MB2]HoTA - Thunderstrike
[1]Sprint - RLTW
[2]Rend - Blood Lust
[3]Battle Rage - Into The Fray
[4]WoTB - Thrive on Chaos

[*]Ruthless
[*]Superstition (I keep changing this one, currently trying out Animosity and Unforgiven)
[*]Weapons Master​

Pieced together from here and the build itself found here.

Like I said, I've only got a very modest Barb gear wise but I was running through mobs on Inferno last night with ease, even though statistically the HoTA build seems worse than the WW build before it (between the build change and the couple gear changes I made last night, I dropped ~10k DPS, 15% crit chance and 150% crit damage), it still hits much much harder and far more consistently than the WW build did.

And it has the hilarious bonus where you're left with one enemy left over whose movement speed is a tad faster than mine that I'm holding right-click down on, chasing after, only to catch them and hit them so often for a 600k crit. Cue the Benny Hill music.

Why not run WW instead of bash and get the best of both worlds?

elfinke

Why not run WW instead of bash and get the best of both worlds?

I toyed with that briefly but I couldn't generate enough fury to make it work as consistently as I felt was needed to make it viable. I'll try it again after some lunch (and some more XBONE policy parsing).

Welp, I'm getting enough life regeneration and life on hit that my Wizard is becoming damn hard to kill on even MP10 now. However, my DPS is still so tiny that I can hardly scratch creatures on MP10. Now I have to figure out how to increase DPS without sacrificing too much of what keeps me alive.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
How is it so high? Cloud of Bats is only a 10-11x multiplier.

I just tried a few times vs ghom and it's pretty steady at 10x without any buffs just for cloud of bats alone. Gruesome feast, soul harvest and the damage rune on mass confusion would bring it up from there I guess. Big Bad Voodoo too, although that's a bit of a special case

Talaysen

I just tried a few times vs ghom and it's pretty steady at 10x without any buffs just for cloud of bats alone. Gruesome feast, soul harvest and the damage rune on mass confusion would bring it up from there I guess. Big Bad Voodoo too, although that's a bit of a special case

I figured you wouldn't get much from Gruesome Feast and Soul Harvest against Ghom since he's only one target.

So Talay and I were playing the other day and he asked about crippling wave. I haven't used it in a while, but he inspired me and I gave it a whirl. I used the spirit building rune. It enabled me to drop the spirit passive and run fleetfoot instead while solo. I also had enough spirit after to use another spirit spender. So I dropped BoH for Wave of Light. Good times. Not sure which was more effective. Both work fine. It was fun cycloning in, laying out a couple EP and then dropping the bell though.

eek5

So Talay and I were playing the other day and he asked about crippling wave. I haven't used it in a while, but he inspired me and I gave it a whirl. I used the spirit building rune. It enabled me to drop the spirit passive and run fleetfoot instead while solo. I also had enough spirit after to use another spirit spender. So I dropped BoH for Wave of Light. Good times. Not sure which was more effective. Both work fine. It was fun cycloning in, laying out a couple EP and then dropping the bell though.

Crippling wave is pretty good when you're cycloning. A lot of times if I'm surrounded by a bunch of enemies I can go from almost no spirit to max with just the third hit. I'm still not sure if it beats quickening though. FoT/Q is definitely better for single targets but it's a toss up whether or not it is comparable for groups.

The biggest downside, at least for me, is that I don't get WKL bonus on crippling wave so the DPS just isn't there. I got an innas helm with 10% CW bonus but it still feels pretty slow.

lionelhutz

crit chance and crit damage come almost entirely from gear. the lone exception being slotting an emerald into a weapon, which increases crit damage. you'll find that items with all of or most of these stats on them are crazy expensive. which is why most people craft gloves, bracers and amulet since you get get a decent level of cc/cd/ias for pretty cheap.

Thanks, I noticed in the auction house most of the gear just marginally better than what I have is really expensive. I have around 200k in gold and some gear is selling in the millions. I haven't had any issues so far on my second play through so I guess I have to keep going and hope for some good drops.

Fularu

Banned
My HC barb died at lvl 25 in keeps 2 :( a pack of exploding dudes hidden behind a corner... right after I found a legendary stone :(

Well time to restart! :D

Thanks, I noticed in the auction house most of the gear just marginally better than what I have is really expensive. I have around 200k in gold and some gear is selling in the millions. I haven't had any issues so far on my second play through so I guess I have to keep going and hope for some good drops.

Yeah I'm at the point where most of my gear costs a few million(the most I've paid for an item is 10 million for my dagger) and getting a significant upgrade would cost billions in most cases. Or it's like I could pay 200 million for 1200 extra damage. Which doesn't look very attractive when you're sitting at 150k DPS.

Crippling wave is pretty good when you're cycloning. A lot of times if I'm surrounded by a bunch of enemies I can go from almost no spirit to max with just the third hit. I'm still not sure if it beats quickening though. FoT/Q is definitely better for single targets but it's a toss up whether or not it is comparable for groups.

The biggest downside, at least for me, is that I don't get WKL bonus on crippling wave so the DPS just isn't there. I got an innas helm with 10% CW bonus but it still feels pretty slow.

Yeah the build sucks for small groups. In order to generate spirit I had to pull large groups (I pull large groups anyway). But when pulling large groups, I had an almost infinite supply of spirit. I pretty much able to spam cyclone, two EP's and then a bell and then start cylconing again and dropping more bells. I tried lashing tail kick as well but didn't like it. I was blown away at the crazy spirit it generated in groups though. My goal was to replace BoH in my skill slot with something more fun than making sure it's applied once every 45 seconds. It's wasn't less effective for me, but I'm not sure it was more effective either. Just different, but I had a lot of fun trying to combo the three skills for massive damage.

It worked in parties too. Swapped MoE out for MoC with a CM Wiz and the build was also great there. I dropped fleet foot in party actually and still kept the spirit building passive and really had tons of spirit to play with.

The lack ow WKL bonus would obviously make this meh for you though. lol

I'll try quickening tonight and see what I can get out of it.

Insaniac

Yeah the build sucks for small groups. In order to generate spirit I had to pull large groups (I pull large groups anyway). But when pulling large groups, I had an almost infinite supply of spirit. I pretty much able to spam cyclone, two EP's and then a bell and then start cylconing again and dropping more bells. I tried lashing tail kick as well but didn't like it. I was blown away at the crazy spirit it generated in groups though. My goal was to replace BoH in my skill slot with something more fun than making sure it's applied once every 45 seconds. It's wasn't less effective for me, but I'm not sure it was more effective either. Just different, but I had a lot of fun trying to combo the three skills for massive damage.

It worked in parties too. Swapped MoE out for MoC with a CM Wiz and the build was also great there. I dropped fleet foot in party actually and still kept the spirit building passive and really had tons of spirit to play with.

The lack ow WKL bonus would obviously make this meh for you though. lol

I'll try quickening tonight and see what I can get out of it.

I have used FoT quickening and not gone back.. With onlya bout 40% crit i generate more than enough fury to spend on cyclone strike and wave of light to spam them constantly

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Quickening's nice. I think there might be some advantages to switching to fire storm over cyclone with that rune.

I'm pretty excited for the itemization patch and expansion. Would be nice to see them increase party size to 5-6 now that console is branched, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd like to see some nice legendary fists with super attack speed. (No boxing gloves this time)

Paragon 86! Averaging 100m exp/hour on my act 2 solo runs, better in groups. I have about 36 more hours to put in then it's time to pick alt #3.

Finishing off wizard now because I have a feeling CM nerfs are coming. Maybe better to do barb next for the same reason.

Finally had a Murlocket drop and gave it to Eek. The thing has a cute running animation. Kind of dumb that it despawns/respawns every 30 seconds. They aren't account bound so I guess they could be found on the AH too.

I would love to use firestorm over cyclone. I think the itemization patch needs to impliment more elemental damage weapons. A fire equivilent to the WKL would be sweet.

Ultryx

I loaded up D3 for the first time in a long while and what the hell. I'm getting 10-15fps in Tristram for no fucking reason. I played the game at a steady 60fps when it came out, but now it's barely playable for me.

Any idea what's going on?

Cipherr

I would love to use firestorm over cyclone. I think the itemization patch needs to impliment more elemental damage weapons. A fire equivilent to the WKL would be sweet.

Even without WKL arent we railroaded into cyclone? It seems like it just does to much damage to skip because of the way it hinges on your crit%. With a high crit rate I cannot imagine firestorm or any other rune out damaging the cyclones.

Even without WKL arent we railroaded into cyclone? It seems like it just does to much damage to skip because of the way it hinges on your crit%. With a high crit rate I cannot imagine firestorm or any other rune out damaging the cyclones.

You know I though this, but for some reason Blizz just buffed SW Cylone right? Maybe it wasn't ever as buff as we all thought.

Firestorm looks rad too.

I loaded up D3 for the first time in a long while and what the hell. I'm getting 10-15fps in Tristram for no fucking reason. I played the game at a steady 60fps when it came out, but now it's barely playable for me.

This happened a good few patches ago and they literally haven't bothered to fix it. Install your game to an external HDD/SDD or as a ramdisk and it'll apparently fix those issues.

I'm in the exact same boat, it's pretty crap.

jkanownik

Options are sometimes reset with patches. Did you check those?

So I'm coming back to D3 after a very long break. A friend of mine hooked me up with some new gear mixed with some old stuff I already had. I'm looking for advice on how my gear is and what I should look to change. I don't have much gold but if someone could tell me the cheapest decent upgrades I can find in the AH, I'd appreciate it. Also, which MP is this gear good enough for? Ignore the build, I was messing around with all the skills and logged out with a nothing build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/spindoctor-6282/hero/7875410

Nitsuj23

Can anyone link me to a good guide or explanation on the current state of crafting? I quit playing after a month or two and never really got much into crafting. I'm pretty sure my blacksmith is max leveled. I just don't know if what I'm crafting is any good or how to enable myself to craft stuff that is actually worth using.

Thanks in advance for the help. Reading about people crafting items that are actually upgrades seems pretty exciting... would definitely give me something to do right now haha.

eek5

Can anyone link me to a good guide or explanation on the current state of crafting? I quit playing after a month or two and never really got much into crafting. I'm pretty sure my blacksmith is max leveled. I just don't know if what I'm crafting is any good or how to enable myself to craft stuff that is actually worth using.

Thanks in advance for the help. Reading about people crafting items that are actually upgrades seems pretty exciting... would definitely give me something to do right now haha.

http://www.diablohub.com/guides/patch-1.0.7-crafting-guide/
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-crafting-strategy-the-new-archon-items

XShagrath

I started my first HC character the other day. She's up to lvl 14 now and about through Act I. It's great finding gear that's actually useful.

Having only 30 DPS is laughable though.

I started my first HC character the other day. She's up to lvl 14 now and about through Act I. It's great finding gear that's actually useful.

Having only 30 DPS is laughable though.

Started last week too, about at the same but my dudes 17 and I got up to butcher but kinda scared to enter. Wondering if there is a website where they post stats where your character should be to NOT DIE at all the major events. I'm a little unfamiliar with low level diablo so its hard to gauge if I'm OP'd or where I should be or not leveled enough.

Also I finally started dualboxing which is pretty fun. I dunno if I'll do it permanently but it was fun just figuring it out and finding I could do it. Dunno if I'd pay for an ISBoxer subscription the program is very unfriendly and frankly I feel someone should be able to key freeware that works better...

XShagrath

Started last week too, about at the same but my dudes 17 and I got up to butcher but kinda scared to enter. Wondering if there is a website where they post stats where your character should be to NOT DIE at all the major events. I'm a little unfamiliar with low level diablo so its hard to gauge if I'm OP'd or where I should be or not leveled enough.
I just killed the Butcher with my level 16 monk with 57dps pretty easily, so you should be safe at 17.

It is rather strange playing ultra cautiously, when I'm so used to just running into huge mobs with regular characters.

Jrmint

Finally started a HC character myself. Going for a DH, prob not a great idea. I forgot how fun they are to level though.

Finally started a HC character myself. Going for a DH, prob not a great idea. I forgot how fun they are to level though.

All I've read so far is DH's have the lowest % chance to hit lvl 60. WD's have the highest at 70something%.

I chose Monk which is in the middle I believe.

Anyone have tips. That arent dont die.

eek5

All I've read so far is DH's have the lowest % chance to hit lvl 60. WD's have the highest at 70something%.

don't di.. oh... vendor farm a2 and a3 then sell good rolled blues on AH for easy gold so you can craft

Jrmint

Yea I'm not surprised, but I'm having fun at the moment with it. If I die, I die.

neoism

Yea I'm not surprised, but I'm having fun at the moment with it. If I die, I die.

sorry for playing so shitty man wasn't really into it all that much....Think I should take a break from the game I haven't really had that D3 itch... Dark Souls is on my mind to much. :p

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Anyone up for MP10 ubers?

I got 3 machines ready.

Reverence#1521

Hopefully we can get a couple more in.

Oh, and I would powerlevel you if I knew how, or if I even could. lol.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Well that was fun. A bit tougher than I expected but we got through.
DiabloIII_2013_06_10_15_10_38_677_zps51787da2.png

Was it worth it? :p

mandiller

One of the patches reset the options. I had the same problem. Go into options and turn V-Sync On. That fixed it for me.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'd roll a hc toon but lag is still a real problem in this game so I can't justify getting boned to something stupid. I have sub 100 ms ping for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom