• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank god I was playing SC today, I'm in Act III keeps all of a sudden damage numbers stop popping up and my guy is just running around doing nothing. Look over, router reset. Of course, happens every now n then too.

Dear lord, n thats FiOS in 2013! Its like theres not a single good ISP out there.

Finally got a crit chance Hellfire last night +15K damage over my last Hellfire.

So they can actually roll trifectas with all resist? That would be insane stats.

Man ... playing WD COB build has been fun. I'm solid on MP8 solo. Wanna try some MP10 group play now.

The Last of Us comes friday though so I'll probably be MIA for about a week or two.

May I ask what your (unbuffed) DPS is?

This is what I'm running right now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fenderputty-1180/hero/28712685

I need better armor and more AR from my boots, but that's gonna be pricey. I need to start crafting some better sholder and bracers too. I just don't have the funds right now and am saving my Exquisite Essesnces for 1.0.9. I'm assuming they'll be used for item modification.

The build took me some time to get used to after playing mostly monk. Run around and blast as much stuff with Locust Swarm as possible. Pull huge packs. Light em up with COB as they swarm towards you. With the way I have my pasives set up, Spirit Walk is almost spammable when pulling huge groups. So I spam it with COB up to prevent me from dying.

I have less than 100m in my WD I believe and it's pretty bad ass.

EDIT: I'm using gloves from my monk that I crafted because it has so much INT as well. I'm also using my monks main hand.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
Fellow Monks, quick question regarding damage mitigation. Is there a preferred armor/resist number to be at?

I ask because I have around 4800 armor/650 AR and am not sure if I should lose some AR for armor to get to the 10:1 ratio or if that would even be beneficial considering most of my deaths are from ground effects.

Any thoughts or help?

Fellow Monks, quick question regarding damage mitigation. Is there a preferred armor/resist number to be at?

I ask because I have around 4800 armor/650 AR and am not sure if I should lose some AR for armor to get to the 10:1 ratio or if that would even be beneficial considering most of my deaths are from ground effects.

Any thoughts or help?

I run MP10 solo with 5000 Armor and 600 or so AR. I have dual LS swords though and run backlash when solo. Dual LS / Backlash is almost unfair.

I wanted to say how nice the D3 community is.

Two people offered to powerlevel me upfront with no gold payment til I hit the levels. I now made two new Diablo buddies. One decent DH and one barb a bit less powered than my main. Cool people to take their time and chance on someone.

---

If anyone happens to have some really basic starting barb lvl 60 equipment I would appreciate it. Right now the barb has like 4k dps so I'm sure anything would be an improvement. Thanks! Defense and MF stats are bonuses, its an alt dualboxing account so its just supposed to tank and sortof be an extra body for looting.

---

HOTA is so OP!

MrDaravon

I wanted to say how nice the D3 community is.

Two people offered to powerlevel me upfront with no gold payment til I hit the levels. I now made two new Diablo buddies. One decent DH and one barb a bit less powered than my main. Cool people to take their time and chance on someone.

---

If anyone happens to have some really basic starting barb lvl 60 equipment I would appreciate it. Right now the barb has like 4k dps so I'm sure anything would be an improvement. Thanks! Defense and MF stats are bonuses, its an alt dualboxing account so its just supposed to tank and sortof be an extra body for looting.

---

HOTA is so OP!

Rad; I've usually had fairly good success in public games with randoms, you sometimes get assholes or whatever, but more often then not people are either just business or pretty chill.

I actually played with my Barb a bit last night, was only level 16 on normal. I was doing MP8 fine, but a friend got on and we steamrolled Act 2 Normal on MP10 in less than an hour and I went up 7 levels which is hilarious. Before I got off since I hit 23 I bought all new gear including the Cains set with a socket in the helm, and on MP10 went and killed a single elite and went up like 20% of a level which is amazing.

lionelhutz

Yeah I'm at the point where most of my gear costs a few million(the most I've paid for an item is 10 million for my dagger) and getting a significant upgrade would cost billions in most cases. Or it's like I could pay 200 million for 1200 extra damage. Which doesn't look very attractive when you're sitting at 150k DPS.

I finished the second run through (Inferno?) and started Hell. I was able to upgrade quite a bit of gear and the socketed gems. I'm at about 7k dps. Is that a good amount for the third play through and a monk focusing on dexterity?

I did MP10 with Juice and Neo last night with my WD. It's a little squsihy for MP10. CM wiz would have helped I think with that regard. They always do ... lol.

eek5

I did MP10 with Juice and Neo last night with my WD. It's a little squsihy for MP10. CM wiz would have helped I think with that regard. They always do ... lol.

Unless you're playing with a smart CM wiz like Rat, CM is actually worse for WD because most CM wiz will just spam frost nova as soon as it comes off CD making stuff freeze way far out meaning you have to keep readjusting your position to hit stuff with CoB.

The main reason is because a lot of CM wiz have almost no EHP so they have to freeze stuff far out to survive. The proper way to do it would be to manually cast frost nova so that everything can keep coming into CoB radius then freeze it when you need it but almost no CM wiz does this.

The best classes to run w/ WD monk or more WDs.

Unless you're playing with a smart CM wiz like Rat, CM is actually worse for WD because most CM wiz will just spam frost nova as soon as it comes off CD making stuff freeze way far out meaning you have to keep readjusting your position to hit stuff with CoB.

The main reason is because a lot of CM wiz have almost no EHP so they have to freeze stuff far out to survive. The proper way to do it would be to manually cast frost nova so that everything can keep coming into CoB radius then freeze it when you need it but almost no CM wiz does this.

That make a lot of sense. Running COB has caused different sources of frustration for me that my monk wasn't stressed about. Since you can't move, things like desecrator and plaugue and arcane can really fuck me up. I'm still developing stratagey and such, but I was just thinking that a CM wiz could keep some of those nasty AoE groud attacks at bay a little bit.

Monk makes a ton of sense because of the buffs along with Cyclone. The more massive the pack the better off I am. As I kill stuff I can watch spirit walk tick back in a couple seconds.

Moving around and running out of Mana blows.

Wallach

Gotta agree with this. Truth is even a good CM Wizard will have some trouble maximizing WD DPS because the range of CoB is dreadful. Now, if you're running Plague Bats or Zombie Bears, you can go nuts with a CM in group. But when running CoB primary I'd much rather run with a pulling Monk and a couple other WDs. Even just full WDs isn't bad; I've set up some runs with a WD streamer named JMAC that were all WD and it cleans up pretty well, though you can get in the shit with certain affix combos.

I've started running both Bears and CoB. I feel like there are some areas that Bears just clears faster (especially spots like Decaying Crypts where Bears totally wreck shop) plus it gives you a way to back off some of those gross affix combos where you simply can't sit and spin like you typically want to with CoB. It's also just plain more fun to use when shit rockets off like ragdoll confetti.

Yea I didnt know how CoB works cause I've never really done it, I think the gist is pull everything run away and then get surrounded and just run bats til everything dies.

Which I tried to let fender do but I had to keep my wraith going to so I couldnt let the mobs get too big I had to smash and get my wraith renewed.

Yea I didnt know how CoB works cause I've never really done it, I think the gist is pull everything run away and then get surrounded and just run bats til everything dies. Which I tried to let fender do but I had to keep my wraith going to so I couldnt let the mobs get too big I had to smash and get my wraith renewed.

That's the gist of it. Locust swarm agro's everyting. Run around spewing locaust swarm everywhere. Get about 50 mobs pissed at you. Get to a spot and fire up COB. The mobs come to you since they're agro'ed and you wreck them. When we were playing last night I was doing some good damgae too. Around 1.4 million on the crits. The issue with COB is that you can't move. If you do, you have to restart it, which takes takes up a bunch of mana. The second I run out of mana I'm dead since my only healing is through my sustain and my only atack is COB (well locust swarm, but that doesn't do enough damage to heal me) . The passives I have set up reduce cooldowns for each enemy killed within 8 yards. Which is pretty much everything. So when I pull huge groups, it enables me to keep Spirit Walk up for a large portion of that entire battle (I don't take damage when it's up). Spirit walk rune replenishes mana, that little guy I let out also increases my movement, IAS and mana regen. Things like knock back or AoE ground effects force me to move. So it beccomes a balancing act of trying to manage mana, spirit walk and cob, while trying to move as little as possible.

I like the idea of running bears with COB. It give me another damge dealing attack and one that doesn't require me to stand still. I don't know if I should drop mass confusion or that little mojo dude that buffs me / the party though.

yeah I'm thinking bears would be more useful in multiplayer than mass confusion. things are confused enough as it is and the extra flexibility bears brings to the table is probably worth it.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Blizzard said:
For characters on console (just as an FYI), players will be able to load their characters to a USB and bring them along to play on a friend’s console. You'll also be able to access cloud saves to load up your characters.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9280238334#5

I hope console players don't expect any serious integrity. You can dupe with a simple backup/restore...

Re: bats and stuff - yup, freezing mobs when they're separated is bad for efficiency.

Mass confusion beats bears for groups due to the group damage boost I'd say.

What are people looking for on Natalyas Sights? I got one dropped last night thought it was garbo put it up at 500k no buyout and its at 30 million right now.

WTF I just looked at comparable sights and see five all with billion+ buyouts.

eek5

finally hit 200k with my wd!

dUcy5yD.jpg

welcome to the club! :D :D

eek5

wtf logged in this morning and my chacter is blacked out in AH

qkHi3Tl.jpg

anyone seen this before?

Tried removing all items, deleting an undeleting character. Things look OK in game. No clue what's happening D:

Wallach

I like the idea of running bears with COB. It give me another damge dealing attack and one that doesn't require me to stand still. I don't know if I should drop mass confusion or that little mojo dude that buffs me / the party though.

Depends on your group. Solo I tend to prefer Mass Confusion w/ Paranoia, party depends on who else I'm running with. I would say Paranoia occupies that slot more often than anything else, but BBV is still always a good choice (just don't run the same rune as another WD).

Bears are really useful whether you're running Plague or Cloud for Firebats though. Especially while pulling, since you can just cast it in the direction you are running and it will easily keep you alive through even huge scavenger packs, instead of sometimes having to stop to deal with them prematurely.

kennah

What are people looking for on Natalyas Sights? I got one dropped last night thought it was garbo put it up at 500k no buyout and its at 30 million right now.

WTF I just looked at comparable sights and see five all with billion+ buyouts.

Holy shit dude.... this was worth billions. at 260 mill you got ripped off

It rolled a DEX/VIT roll and perfect crit as the two random rolls

normal max DEX on that is 100 and it doesn't normally have crit or bit AT ALL.

Moderate fear chance and TWO POINTS AWAY from max armour.

eek5

Oh ok, so the consoles are gonna have the itemization patch day 1?

These clowns better have this on the PC version before the console version launches or I am going to lose my shit.

prepare to lose your shit

It will a while before the itemization revamp is done; it won't be completed by BlizzCon, which runs on November 8-9 this year.
http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1569-items-20-revamp-in-d3-wont-happen-before-blizzcon

spoiler: blizzcon is in november

IceMarker

Oh ok, so the consoles are gonna have the itemization patch day 1?

These clowns better have this on the PC version before the console version launches or I am going to lose my shit.

No, that's the 1.0.9 "Legendaries-drop-at-all-levels" patch. That would be terrible if that was the itemization revamp.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Why so many witch doc lately? What's up?
Barb is still the king!

Even with legendary drop all levels, itemization is still bad. There's nothing wrong with legendaries. The problem is there are too many trash rolls. They need to increase the chance of rolling on high demand affixes (ias, cc, cd)

V_Arnold

Barb is the king of boredom, yeah. And the imbaness, maybe. Totally uninspired and bland, imho. And I have an Mp2-3 farm capable barb myself, to have some kind of insight into that madness.

Insaniac

Barb is still the king!

Even with legendary drop all levels, itemization is still bad. There's nothing wrong with legendaries. The problem is there are too many trash rolls. They need to increase the chance of rolling on high demand affixes (ias, cc, cd)

IMO the problem is that most legendaries offer very little by way of anything "Legendary" or unique about them. A legendary item should have affixes that inspire new unique builds for characters

Similar to the way someone would look at a legendary WD with dogs cooldown and think "I wonder if I can build a WD with zero cooldown on dogs"

Of course, despite having unique affixes, legendaries still need to be comparably good to other Best in slot items

I think its fine as is.

Little babbies not getting good drops crying about their loot stinking. No shit if everything dropped good then nobody would buy anything nothing would be in demand and everyone would play MP10 on Inferno all day and steamroll it.

Thered be no friggen point to the game it would be point and click advenure of kill everything easily and never die and everyone high five.

A good drop needs to be EXTREMELY rare in an economy that the goods never leave (softcore). Or else eventually everyone will be swinging 1300dps socketed high crit damage echoing furies with 6% crit mempos.

MrDaravon

No one can start a game?

Yeah, I was idling and just got booted completely.

And even if you think the current drop situation is fine, there at the very least is no harm in making the change to have all Legendaries drop at all levels. Leveling a Barb right now (just beat Normal at level 34, god leveling is so easy now) and I'm seeing Legendaries I didn't even know existed, like the Monster Hunter sword. If nothing else it'd be nice to see some different drops.

last patch buffed cloud of bats in a big way. so all you need is 4 pieces of zunimassa's and a LS weapon and you can do ridiculous sustained damage almost indefinitely.

I think its fine as is.

Little babbies not getting good drops crying about their loot stinking. No shit if everything dropped good then nobody would buy anything nothing would be in demand and everyone would play MP10 on Inferno all day and steamroll it.

Thered be no friggen point to the game it would be point and click advenure of kill everything easily and never die and everyone high five.

A good drop needs to be EXTREMELY rare in an economy that the goods never leave (softcore). Or else eventually everyone will be swinging 1300dps socketed high crit damage echoing furies with 6% crit mempos.

yeah but I don't think there's very good balance right now. those types of items you're describing sell for billions. they're completely out of reach of most players. the AH had way too much influence of itemization.

I'd love to see a system similar to enchanting in Torchlight. pay money to add a buff to your item. the more you do it the more it costs and the higher chance you have of losing the item. and they can just make it bind to account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom