• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

While I'm late to the "selffound MP10" debate, I'd like to point out that my barb can do MP10 just fine and the only non crafted/not self found items are :

- MH
- One ring
- Helm
- Boots

Everything else was either found or crafted

/shrug

It's possible to get there, you just have to be:

- Poor (My budget is 45 million gold, not going to buy much with that)
- Patient
- In no need to pull out 450k unbuffed DPS in diabloprogress.

45 here! I'm still in NM Act 2, so very few things can kill me before The Archive (fuck those fire things), not with the amount of HP/dPS I have (15k / 2.5k). Doing MP5 makes it intense ;)
same not really sure what my barb is worth.. anyone let me know but I haven't bought anything over 25m my boots.... the rest I crafted or traded for or was given all my RSG... most of my IK set..http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/28728058 whats the worth you guys think

ElyrionX

Self found mp10? Post your profile plz.
People willing to buy a console just for one single game. What do you say for that?

I personally think you're crazy to spend high amounts of actual money for items, but people can do what they want. But if you're going to be a dick about it, I also want a link to your profile where you are doing MP10 with self-found gear.

My friend does MP10 with his monk wearing only self-found gear (last I heard, which is about a month ago). In fact, as far as I know, he doesn't use the auction house to buy any gear at all since the game launched. He only sells.

His profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silvercoo-6508/hero/6943067

eek5

Finding 2 piece innas, 2 piece nats, WKL w/ ls and socket & 850+ dps , wh (all with the same resis)... I find that hard to believe lol

Rufus

I found most of the Immortal King's set (helm, gloves, belt, boots 3x) on my Barb when I still played. Inna's pants and Won Kim Lau as well. The only thing I'd agree with you is the resits part, but eh... RNG? RNG.

eek5

I found most of the Immortal King's set (helm, gloves, belt, boots 3x) on my Barb when I still played. Inna's pants and Won Kim Lau as well. The only thing I'd agree with you is the resits part, but eh... RNG? RNG.

We talkin about RNG?

Here is his mainhand from D3progress. Funny thing that it was missing from his diablo self-found profile ;)

4oHZKVW.png

Look familiar to you? You telling me he got in on crafting glitched swords as well? lololol

Let's just get something clear. "I found these inna/nats pieces so I'm selling them and buying similar ones but with the stats that I want. .I'm still self-found." "Well, everyone is using glitch craft swords and axes so there is no way I'll ever find one so I'll just buy one" disqualifies you from calling yourself self-found.

LkPr

I played D3 at release for like a month and honestly have forgotten how loot works for multi-player. Does each player receive their "own" loot drops? If so, can this expectation be the same for consoles when it is released?

ElyrionX

We talkin about RNG?

Here is his mainhand from D3progress. Funny thing that it was missing from his diablo self-found profile ;)

4oHZKVW.png

Look familiar to you? You telling me he got in on crafting glitched swords as well? lololol

Let's just get something clear. "I found these inna/nats pieces so I'm selling them and buying similar ones but with the stats that I want. .I'm still self-found." "Well, everyone is using glitch craft swords and axes so there is no way I'll ever find one so I'll just buy one" disqualifies you from calling yourself self-found.

Jesus christ guys. First of all, I have no idea what you mean when you say that sword is glitched. Second of all, the guy doesn't even know that I'm posting his profile here and talking about him so there isn't some kind of "self-found" profile that was specially created and put out there to try to fool a bunch of people on the internet to believe in a statement that ultimately is meaningless. Why would we bother with something as inane as that?

All I know is, he avoided the auction house for a longass time and he's been playing since launch. I know him personally in real life and I don't believe there is any reason he would lie to me on something as meaningless as this. We are all working adults who have better things to focus on. Last time I played with him was a month or two ago and I know he was selling some high-end stuff on the auction house that he found but his gear were all self-found.

Perhaps he did change tack since then and did buy stuff off the auction house. I don't know. The only thing I know is I've run through MP10 with his monk before and I've seen him do it back when he was still claiming to be completely self-found. Look at his profile. He has three high-end PLevel characters of 100, 84 and 40 and has clocked something like 600 to 800 hours of game time. If you want to persist with the theory that no self-found character can do MP10 then so be it. Continue believing that. It's not as if I have anything to gain by convincing you otherwise.

eek5

Jesus christ guys. First of all, I have no idea what you mean when you say that sword is glitched. Second of all, the guy doesn't even know that I'm posting his profile here and talking about him so there isn't some kind of "self-found" profile that was specially created and put out there to try to fool a bunch of people on the internet to believe in a statement that ultimately is meaningless. Why would we bother with something as inane as that?

All I know is, he avoided the auction house for a longass time and he's been playing since launch. I know him personally in real life and I don't believe there is any reason he would lie to me on something as meaningless as this. We are all working adults who have better things to focus on. Last time I played with him was a month or two ago and I know he was selling some high-end stuff on the auction house that he found but his gear were all self-found.

Perhaps he did change tack since then and did buy stuff off the auction house. I don't know. The only thing I know is I've run through MP10 with his monk before and I've seen him do it back when he was still claiming to be completely self-found. Look at his profile. He has three high-end PLevel characters of 100, 84 and 40 and has clocked something like 600 to 800 hours of game time. If you want to persist with the theory that no self-found character can do MP10 then so be it. Continue believing that. It's not as if I have anything to gain by convincing you otherwise.

I don't think it is impossible to do self-found mp10 but his profile isn't one. I know that he didn't tell you to post his profile here. I'm guessing he told you a white lie and you have the wrong information because I've seen self-found profiles and there is no way that his is self-found unless you start throwing out some qualifiers like "self-found except for 'trading' gear found with similar gear via AH" or "self-found except for mainhand which is from glitched crafting". Honestly, the arcane stuff might be a huge RNG disparity but the mainhand is a red-flag if I ever saw one.

Basically a while back there was a glitch that let a handful of people craft for free. They crafted MILLIONS of swords/axes and flooded the market with cd/ls/os 1k+ dps weapons. I've seen people craft tens of thousands of swords on PTR and not even get a signle 1k cd/ls/os weapon so the fact that he has a crafted "cookie cutter" black damage cd/ls/os sword coupled with the arcane resis gear is way too much for me to continue to suspend disbelief.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I have more kills and more time spent in the game, can I call Myself selffound too? Lolz

Ps: I do have a self found char, my wiz. All gears were loots. She can barely do mp3

Rufus

Basically a while back there was a glitch that let a handful of people craft for free. They crafted MILLIONS of swords/axes and flooded the market with cd/ls/os 1k+ dps weapons. I've seen people craft tens of thousands of swords on PTR and not even get a signle 1k cd/ls/os weapon so the fact that he has a crafted "cookie cutter" black damage cd/ls/os sword coupled with the arcane resis gear is way too much for me to continue to suspend disbelief.
There are also three of the exact same sword currently in curculation, going by Diabloprogress. There's another one with much higher damage that 15 people own.

Fularu

Banned
I see the debate is still going on!

While I never pretend to be selffound, I find the notion that "it's impossible to farm mp10 with only selffound/crafted gear" to be ludicrous.

But then again it all depends on your definition of "mp10" character and gear I guess.

Vio-Lence

Banned
i should have started playing the auction house earlier. made over 100m over the weekend just flipping a few items. i'm going to try hitting 1b gold before i start spending again.

I am sorry but IMO there is no possible way for anyone to run MP10 with self found gear. Just no fucking way. Unless you are so insanely lucky. You should actually be heading to Vegas right now.

While I never pretend to be selffound, I find the notion that "it's impossible to farm mp10 with only selffound/crafted gear" to be ludicrous.

Care to elaborate? I have 515 hours played on one character and I have found one upgrade. One.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
I too just started a HC character, choose a barb still only lvl 12. I also am lvling up a WD (softcore) as well. I needed some time away from my main.

As far as this MP10 discussion I dont think its impossible, just highly unlikely or rare especially to do so effectively.

MrDaravon

In a rush this morning, but I hit 60 with my Barb and spent 45 mil, I think I did okay?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/14098765
http://d3up.com/b/772307

Kinda threw it together, I specifically was trying to stay under 50 mil. Also wasn't sure on a couple of the pieces since I was seeing different recommendations on the boots, as well as the helm; I wasn't specifically going for the 4-set bonus, just happened at the prices I was looking at. Also kinda weird to shop for an offhand weapon as just a stat stick. I also used up the ~40 DE's that I had, actually got a okay shoulders there with that, the gloves are bracers are both kinda okay but will obviously get upgraded, as well as the gems.

Fularu

Banned
I'm confused by your choice of a Mighty Weapon in the MH, 3 fury generated doesn't really seem worth it to me (compared to 10% crit for axe/mace or 15% damage for sword/dagger).

Shifty76

Did a fun MP10 run last night with a couple of monks, a DH and my CoB WD.

Apparently there's some tactic you can use with a sever and Marked for Death (Grim Reaper) on a DH to generate massive aoe bombs so one of our monks was using the sever. Not sure if that sever/MfD thing was the reason or if it was the EP's that were spread around, but I'd pull packs of 50-60 enemies and they'd die in seconds, even if there were elites/champs mixed in.

I looked at my sheet dps at one point when we had a frenzy shrine & BBV up and it was around 650k (my base unbuffed dps is 130k) One of our monks was around 850k sheet. Toss in overawe on top of that and it's no wonder things were melting.

MrDaravon

I'm confused by your choice of a Mighty Weapon in the MH, 3 fury generated doesn't really seem worth it to me (compared to 10% crit for axe/mace or 15% damage for sword/dagger).

Fuck, totally forgot about how that passive worked lol. This is why I didn't spend a lot of money!

Is there a particular crit % breakpoint where it's better to take sword/dagger over axe/mace?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Fuck, totally forgot about how that passive worked lol. This is why I didn't spend a lot of money!

Is there a particular crit % breakpoint where it's better to take sword/dagger over axe/mace?

you want an axe or mace with a high damage range in your main hand. I would prioritize a main hand with the following stats: 900+ average damage, 100+ strength, Open Socket, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal. You want your highest average damage/DPS weapon in your main hand.

With a 0.24 or 0.25 APS echoing fury, you will need 4 slots of 8/9 improved attack speed items. The most common items to get would be like Mempo, Lacuni, Inna's Pants, and 1 other slot. I think with 0.25 APS you need +33 attack speed, with 0.24 APS you need +34 attack speed, so build accordingly.

You can get a socketed echoing fury w/out CD or LS for cheap now.

MrDaravon

you want an axe or mace with a high damage range in your main hand. I would prioritize a main hand with the following stats: 900+ average damage, 100+ strength, Open Socket, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal. You want your highest average damage/DPS weapon in your main hand.

With a 0.24 or 0.25 APS echoing fury, you will need 4 slots of 8/9 improved attack speed items. The most common items to get would be like Mempo, Lacuni, Inna's Pants, and 1 other slot. I think with 0.25 APS you need +33 attack speed, with 0.24 APS you need +34 attack speed, so build accordingly.

You can get a socketed echoing fury w/out CD or LS for cheap now.

You still get the APS bonus if the EF is in your offhand right? I really have no inclination to run with an EF in my mainhand, it's annoying and I don't want to be that guy.

Vio-Lence

Banned
You still get the APS bonus if the EF is in your offhand right? I really have no inclination to run with an EF in my mainhand, it's annoying and I don't want to be that guy.

Yes. It's the cheapest way to hit the 2.5 breakpoint with Wrath activated. The 2.5 breakpoint is nice because it doesn't require you to stack that many pieces of AS gear. You can focus on gearing crit and crit damage which is cheaper than going for trifectas.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Ef is the best mh especially for ww spec. Nothing can beat that flat aps applied to both hand. A 1.5 aps dagger in your offhand will become 1.75 aps. Look for ef with low fear rate. IMO dont get anything higher than 15%. My ef has 10%, and fear does not bother me at all.
Also you don't want get ls on ef. There's 3% ls passive, use it. Best option is get cd on ef, if you can't Afford it yet, then go for one with str, 1.2k ish dps and sock.
For off hand, if you going for ww spec. you want a dagger with ias, cd, ls, str and socket. Dps does not matter at all. Because most of your damage ( sprint tornadoes, rend) scales off your main hand weapon.
If you going for hota or hota/ww hybrid spec, you want a 1k dps sword with cd, ls, str, socket. Hota attacks alternates between two weapons.
My barb don't just kill things, he annihilate mp10 before He even hit 200k unbuff. All thx to ef main hand. Tornadoes tick so fast you never run out of fury. Never run out of berserker.

Fularu

Banned
Ef is the best mh especially for ww spec. Nothing can beat that flat aps applied to both hand. A 1.5 aps dagger in your offhand will become 1.75 aps. Look for ef with low fear rate. IMO dont get anything higher than 15%. My ef has 10%, and fear does not bother me at all.
Also you don't want get ls on ef. There's 3% ls passive, use it. Best option is get cd on ef, if you can't Afford it yet, then go for one with str, 1.2k ish dps and sock.
For off hand, if you going for ww spec. you want a dagger with ias, cd, ls, str and socket. Dps does not matter at all. Because most of your damage ( sprint tornadoes, rend) scales off your main hand weapon.
If you going for hota or hota/ww hybrid spec, you want a 1k dps sword with cd, ls, str, socket. Hota attacks alternates between two weapons.
My barb don't just kill things, he annihilate mp10 before He even hit 200k unbuff. All thx to ef main hand. Tornadoes tick so fast you never run out of fury. Never run out of berserker.
Mhh maybe I should try main handing my EF again. I always thought that 1320 DPS was wasted in my OH

Wallach

So, adding bears to COB was a great idea.

Right? It really works nice. There's other stuff that works alright too (Spirit Barrage with the multi-hit rune, maybe Corpse Spiders with the Queen or Widowmakers, and I've thought about trying a couple Poison Dart runes even) but I find Bears works great and is good fun to boot. Nothing beats sending dudes rocketing off screen so hard they don't land for like five seconds.

Right? It really works nice. There's other stuff that works alright too (Spirit Barrage with the multi-hit rune, maybe Corpse Spiders with the Queen or Widowmakers, and I've thought about trying a couple Poison Dart runes even) but I find Bears works great and is good fun to boot. Nothing beats sending dudes rocketing off screen so hard they don't land for like five seconds.

Bears seems perfect. It's another damage dealer than I can use when COB range isn't far enough.

Bears, Bats and beyond.

How's that HC WD working for ya? WD seems way to squishy to do HC, but apparently it's one of the more common classes that succeed? Defenseive builds with pets I assume?

Shifty76

Bears seems perfect. It's another damage dealer than I can use when COB range isn't far enough.

How's that HC WD working for ya? WD seems way to squishy to do HC, but apparently it's one of the more common classes that succeed? Defenseive builds with pets I assume?

What did you switch out to add bears in? Locusts?

Wallach

Yeah, for almost everything it steps in just right when CoB can't. The only thing it doesn't really help shore up as far as CoB weaknesses is dealing with treasure goblins, which is a pretty frustrating aspect of playing CoB in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom