• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I'm finding myself picky - I'll jump into a group, play for 5minutes with them to check their dynamic/gear, if its real bad, I peace it. Almost feel guilty

This is my first legendary post-patch.

http://i.imgur.com/m6DA5.jpg

Well it... has movement speed I guess?

I put it on my wizard so at least I can use it.
I see a lot of crappy ones, makes me realize how lucky I was to get the roll I got when I got mine. I posted a pic a while back but it had magic find and crit chance 4.5 and a better attack speed and the movement speed and life regen, lol.

If it makes you guys feel better. 3 of my 4 legendaries kind of suck. Well 2.

Demy

Hdfa1.jpg

2nd 1.0.4 legendary. Trying to decide if I should use it, sell it and buy something better for my monk, or cash out big. $250 worthy?

scy

+.21 attacks per second, how does that work and different than IAS? You get an extra 1/5 dps dmg per hit?

A bit late to this but:

(Base Weapon Attack Speed) * (1 + All IAS% Modifiers) + (+Attacks per Second Modifiers)

So the weapon in question would be:

1.2 * (1 + .05) + (.21) = 1.47

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i have 0 extra MF on my gear.

1.png

2.png

3.png

the 1-hand axe is bad. im trying to sell it for 5 bucks but if it comes down to it ill probably sell it for gold or just equip it on my follower for lulz.

the bow, im trying to get like 75+ bucks for

the yellow im trying like 5 bucks.

i have 0 extra MF on my gear.

1.png

2.png

3.png

the 1-hand axe is bad. im trying to sell it for 5 bucks but if it comes down to it ill probably sell it for gold or just equip it on my follower for lulz.

the bow, im trying to get like 75+ bucks for

the yellow im trying like 5 bucks.
lol @ the ruby socket

Okay, just had my best item ever drop:

enJsB.jpg

Pretty much only gets better with that ~300 extra top-end range for DPS (up to 1600) and better stat rolls.

Also had possibly one of the best pairs of Wizard/WD pants in the game - nothing with near as high stats (at least on the GAH):

qYsWF.jpg

MotherFan

Well, came back after 1.0.4 and picked this up. Not a legendary but seems pretty good. Tried looking in AH for something similar in dps but gold values seemed nonsensical. What is this worth?

Screenshot010.jpg

Vodh

Well, came back after 1.0.4 and picked this up. Not a legendary but seems pretty good. Tried looking in AH for something similar in dps but gold values seemed nonsensical. What is this worth?

Screenshot010.jpg

I sold a similar one, only with 400 and not 900 LoH, for 8 million about 3 weeks ago. Better believe some of those gold values in AH.

Definity

Screenshot010.jpg

Sold a 650 dps similar to that one for 25$ on the gah not long ago.

RS4-

Wow fuck, I guess I should be selling some of my stuff on AH lol. I've put in less than 70 hours and I don't think I've even earned 2m gold yet.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Almost put this up for 2-300k, but figured checking with GAF first wouldn't hurt. Especially when I checked on the AH and saw that nothing else up there was comparable at that price range

lordy88

enJsB.jpg

Pretty much only gets better with that ~300 extra top-end range for DPS (up to 1600) and better stat rolls.

Also had possibly one of the best pairs of Wizard/WD pants in the game - nothing with near as high stats (at least on the GAH):

qYsWF.jpg

I believe you need 2 O/S with those pants for them to be GFG. The way the AH works now, is that socketed gems are not added to searchable stats, meaning that 120/140 pants with 2 O/S and 2 topazes inside of it would not come up in your search of 180/140.

That is a sweet xbow though. I would rock that myself!

suffah

Does maths and stuff

qYsWF.jpg

Sorry but stats from sockets don't show up anymore when searching the ah. Search again for 2 sockets on pants...

Shadow780

what's a good way to farm act 2? Like act 1 I go to the cemetery, the woods, Leoric's Manor, then through to the Butcher. I

Start with Black Soul Stones quest:

Canyon Mines, (1~3 elites), Road to Arcarnus (1~2 elites), Sewers (1~2 elites), Path to Oasis into the the other sewer (1~2 elites), you should have 5 NV buffs by then go to Vault of Assassin for 7+ elites. Quit, and you should be right at the Vault again. Exit the Vault to mark it on your map for easy reach and repeat from Canyon Mines.

Of course if you see any optional dungeons that pops up along the way go inside too.

Start with Black Soul Stones quest:

Canyon Mines, (1~3 elites), Road to Arcarnus (1~2 elites), Sewers (1~2 elites), Path to Oasis into the the other sewer (1~2 elites), you should have 5 NV buffs by then go to Vault of Assassin for 7+ elites. Quit, and you should be right at the Vault again. Exit the Vault to mark it on your map for easy reach and repeat from Canyon Mines.

Of course if you see any optional dungeons that pops up along the way go inside too.

Perfect, exactly what I needed. Thanks :D

Geeze, my way better geared WD always struggled big time against Belial..........

Just one-shotted him with my lesser geared Barb..........dear god they are strong

Who would have ever thought that spring would be OP......SPRINT

Tom Penny

Finally found a different monk build to use and it works great. Just swapped blinding flash with Wave of light..the one that only cost 40 spirit with fist of thunder quickening which build spirit per crit hit. I'm at like 40% chance.. Bought a pretty cheap 40 life per spirit weapon with a socket and run transcendence. My spirit fills so fast I can spam wave of light while cycloning and it takes just 2 spams to be full health so I can kite and use it to survive. Love it. Now to find a 25+ spirt helm with crit chance and a socket :)

Ramirez

So, no one else is getting this lag where the game just freezes up for like a second or two and then comes back?

My latency is 98 MS, I play other games with no hitches, and this didn't happen before the patch. :|

Can someone explain how main hand/off-hand weapon damage works?

Do off-hands hit for full damage or should I not put that much concern into the dps my offhand weapon hits for?

Cipherr

So, no one else is getting this lag where the game just freezes up for like a second or two and then comes back?

My latency is 98 MS, I play other games with no hitches, and this didn't happen before the patch. :|

Yeah a few of us mentioned it a few pages back I think. Game hangs occasionally since the patch. They are aware of it. Hope its fixed soon.

Radec

Can't believe how easy to use a tornado barb compared to a Wizard and Monk. I killed Belial in my first try with just WotB and Whirlwind the whole time. I died like 5-10 times on his 2nd form when I was still using my Monk and Wizard.

I'm gonna invest all my shit to this Barb now.

PLvl 5 with ~300MF, 0 legendary... T.T

I refuse to believe that MF determines that chances of getting a legendary. I have like base +19, then +75 from NV and +12 from Paragon 4. I got like 4 legendaries now. Only 1 from an elite.

Anyone have a good dps calculator for Barb? I'm using D3 journal, but it seems to be way off. I've double checked my shit dozens of times already, but the dps is gives me is still way off from what I actually have.

Ramirez

Yeah a few of us mentioned it a few pages back I think. Game hangs occasionally since the patch. They are aware of it. Hope its fixed soon.

Yea, hopefully. I really like the stuff they've added after a 2 month hiatus, but this is killing my enjoyment.

Tom Penny

Anyone have a good dps calculator for Barb? I'm using D3 journal, but it seems to be way off. I've double checked my shit dozens of times already, but the dps is gives me is still way off from what I actually have.

Not sure if it's the same place but I use this every time i'm going to buy something on AH. It's accurate as far as I know.

http://d3up.com/

You can load your Diablo III profile right into it then you can use simulations to see what your stats would change to. Just to go to builds. Create build and put in your Diablo III profile URL. Hit save and on the next page I think you have to select " copy from battlenet".

linsivvi

I never said 3 FULL Act 3 clears. I just meant that he should pick a smaller section from maybe an earlier act and just run that instead. Like the VoA in act 2, that would be more suitable to his playstyle than doing the ENTIRETY of act 3 in a group.

The more small runs you do the more time you spent without 5x Valor. Full act 3 run is more efficient (provided one has the gears to kill quick enough) and that 3 hours yields more ilvl 62-63 rares. After 1.0.4 it's even better due to the 75% xp buff and mobs that give higher xp. You lose a lot of potential xp in the long run by doing short Act 1 and Act 2 runs.

Not sure if it's the same place but I use this every time i'm going to buy something on AH. It's accurate as far as I know.

http://d3up.com/

You can load your Diablo III profile right into it then you can use simulations to see what your stats would change to. Just to go to builds. Create build and put in your Diablo III profile URL. Hit save and on the next page I think you have to select " copy from battlenet".

Thank you! This is great!

Svafnir

My favorite new legendary is Sever for sure... I have had it crit 1 million damage+ a few times. Even though it only does it when a monster would die from a regular hit anyway... still looks awesome.

Alienups

I'm still not a fan of some of the things they did in the game and a lot needs to happen still to bring it up to the level of D2 imo but the last patch did a lot of things right.

I got two direct upgrades as drops in the space of an hour, last time that happened must have been when i was in the beginning of hell.

I suck at guessing the value of stuff though, got the feeling i keep selling stuff under value.

What's the deal with WW barbs? I've tried binging it but it keeps coming up with Diablo stuff.

By deal I mean, standard skills and stats I should aim for.

FtHTiny

Tried the patch out yesterday. Playing for the first time in 3 months or so.
Feels good. Alot of work left but it was fun yesterday. Got only bad drops like normal but will play some more today.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I made a video of all the new legendary item effects, the first one is freaking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdElzSaJbSg

I am missing a couple legendaries... will make a second video once I get them!

Great video! New Wizardspike seems like a necessity for my build.

On that note, how are you guys feeling about twister builds for wizards post-patch? It seems much less reliable to me than it was before, even with a 43% crit% (40% without scoundrel buff). I can't freeze elites and bosses as much as I used to. Butcher used to be an absolute cakewalk (I could almost stand on the same spot for the entire fight), now he's just a regular cakewalk. I also get out of AP much more often, and that's with 30 AP on crit! Oh well, good thing elite affixes have been nerfed I guess.

I don't want to switch things up though. I hate kiting. Melee is how I want to play my wiz :/.

Zyzyxxz

Great video! New Wizardspike seems like a necessity for my build.

On that note, how are you guys feeling about twister builds for wizards post-patch? It seems much less reliable to me than it was before, even with a 43% crit% (40% without scoundrel buff). I can't freeze elites and bosses as much as I used to. Butcher used to be an absolute cakewalk (I could almost stand on the same spot for the entire fight), now he's just a regular cakewalk. I also get out of AP much more often, and that's with 30 AP on crit! Oh well, good thing elite affixes have been nerfed I guess.

I don't want to switch things up though. I hate kiting. Melee is how I want to play my wiz :/.

Yeah I noticed I cant seem to endless freeze as much unless theres like 10 creeps around me too. I have 44% with scoundrel too. Grr I don't want to give up this build though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom