• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALKYRAY

Banned
QHh8KT4.jpg

http://d3up.com/b/793304
DH with these stats cant do it.

Boar pet + guardian turret + Ghom = 1,162,776.57 Effective Hit Points

EHP

EHP w/ Dodge

EHP w/ Block

EHP w/ Dodge + Block

Maximum Life

HP:EHP Ratio
1:15.68

Armor

All Resist

Block Chance
20%

Dodge Chance
50.05%

Armor Damage Reduction
63.69%

Total Damage Reduction
93.62%

PS:
yeah, I've seen that video, that dude has like 750 all resis, 60k hp and 5.4k armor not to mention melee class has 30% damage reduction. belial popped his Near Death Experience even with these stats. when I saw that I was like, nope, not my monk.

N you have to survive the when he drills and those green circles pop from the ground? It killed me instantly in one hit. Everything else was facerollable.

Ahh I see the monk can serenity that part. How does a barb do it? Just have a stupid amount of life stat to survive the hit?

Opiate

My hardcore Witch Doctor is 60. Now to build up slowly in order to push all the way through inferno.

Set pieces cost an absolute fortune; the worst Zunimassa's pieces are 60m a piece.

My hardcore Witch Doctor is 60. Now to build up slowly in order to push all the way through inferno.

Set pieces cost an absolute fortune; the worst Zunimassa's pieces are 60m a piece.

OOOOo the effects of scarcity in a market. :p

Completely OT, but is anyone else here playing TLoU? just me?

Finally para 100. Played most of it with sound off, but the last level. Where is music in D3? Still sound effects are cool.
Planning to take a break until 1.09 is released. Any recommendations as what to do to be able not to loose a lot due to inflation? Sell all that I can with RMAH? Keep it as something else?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Blizzbucks are where it's at. Anything else will deflated on its own before the patch and then get destroyed once it hits, I think.

Shifty76

OOOOo the effects of scarcity in a market. :p

Completely OT, but is anyone else here playing TLoU? just me?

Don't own a PS3 so no, but have been enjoying State of Decay on the 360.

Also, monk is now plvl 100 - woo!

Debating between barb and DH next...barb won't take much to become MP10 capable but I have absolutely no idea about DH. Maybe I can give him some of my monk castoffs...

I was thinking about DH for the cross gear as well, but then I said, "F that shit" and am digging WD. I think I'll try wiz next, then maybe barb.

Shifty76

I was thinking about DH for the cross gear as well, but then I said, "F that shit" and am digging WD. I think I'll try wiz next, then maybe barb.

Yeah, I enjoy my WD, and he'll likely be the character I focus on getting to 100 next, but I want to get an MP10 capable character for each class before I focus on that.

Barb won't take too much more, and my WD and wiz are already there, so that just leaves DH. Thinking I'll go for that cluster grenade build...maybe with multishot worked in somewhere.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I have no idea how this D3 calculator thing works but apparently my barb has 211k dps and 636k ehp when buffed with warcries and WOTB (i.e like 99% of the time). Only 131k/511k unbuffed.

I assume that's nothing special though.

FaidSint

Hey Everyone,

I've been away from D3 for a while, but I decided I want to come back. It's been before Patch 1.07 that I've played last, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I remember being in a pretty good place before leaving, but I wonder if there are any upgrades I can make for cheap now, or any meta-shifts that leave me pretty weak. Here is a link to my main character.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FaidSint-1586/hero/3019287

What are my strong item?
What are my weakest items?
What major stats am I missing and where is the best place to upgrade them?

Are there any major meta-shifts I should know about? Are Alkaizer runs still the thing to do? Is the game still about getting Keys and doing Uber runs or are there new things to consider?

What about my skills? Are they good/relevant, or is there a better build with a similar feel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I left my game last with only like 2m gold so I'm way down in the dumps. I still remember playing with a lot of you guys (I wonder if anyone remembers me?), so I'd love to get some advice and maybe even have a couple go's with you.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Skills look ok, donno why you are not using sw: cyclone.
Gear wise, they look ok for farming up to mp5. Vit is too low.
Act3 mob exp has been nerfed. The best exp is act 1&2.

Shifty76

Hey Everyone,

I've been away from D3 for a while, but I decided I want to come back. It's been before Patch 1.07 that I've played last, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. I remember being in a pretty good place before leaving, but I wonder if there are any upgrades I can make for cheap now, or any meta-shifts that leave me pretty weak. Here is a link to my main character.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FaidSint-1586/hero/3019287

What are my strong item?
What are my weakest items?
What major stats am I missing and where is the best place to upgrade them?

Are there any major meta-shifts I should know about? Are Alkaizer runs still the thing to do? Is the game still about getting Keys and doing Uber runs or are there new things to consider?

What about my skills? Are they good/relevant, or is there a better build with a similar feel.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately I left my game last with only like 2m gold so I'm way down in the dumps. I still remember playing with a lot of you guys (I wonder if anyone remembers me?), so I'd love to get some advice and maybe even have a couple go's with you.

Is this current? Can't check bnet links: http://d3up.com/b/797377

If so here's what I'd recommend:

Skills: Transcendence sucks. Switch it out for combo strike then switch BoH for WotHF:BF (gives WAY more dmg than BoH)

As Valk mentioned, cyclone rune on your SW.

Gear:

Actually, rather than going through each piece I'll point you toward a guide I wrote up for monks on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/monkgearing

FaidSint

Okay cool thanks for the responses. My skills I just threw on to the best of my remembrance, but ill tool with them a bit. I think I'm gonna go for a Vitality upgrade first.

Where's the best run in Act 2 for EXP and for Loot?

Okay cool thanks for the responses. My skills I just threw on to the best of my remembrance, but ill tool with them a bit. I think I'm gonna go for a Vitality upgrade first.

Where's the best run in Act 2 for EXP and for Loot?

Sewers > Mines > Oasis > Desolate Sands > Vaults

Order doesn't really matter actually. However the Vaults usually have the most packs.

Opiate

The critical components of act II are Dahlgur Oasis and Vault of Assassins. Sewers are fine, Desolate Sands are fine if for no other reason than finding VoA, and so are the mines. All three of those are optional and you can choose to do anything from the entire run (listed above) or simply do Desolate Sands -> VoA -> Dahlgur, or anything in between.

Also, Faid, I sent you my battletag; add me in game and I'll see if I can help directly.

FaidSint

Does Act 2 still have a lower drop rate for iLvL 62 items?

What quest do you guys usually start your run on in Act 2?

I think I'm finally caught up with my questions and ready to play again (as soon as my good laptop comes back from the shop).

Just gotta find a way to get some gold quick. Ive got pretty much Nada XD

Sewers > Mines > Oasis > Desolate Sands > Vaults

Order doesn't really matter actually. However the Vaults usually have the most packs.

Yeah some peopel do VOTA first to get stacks, but I like having stacks for VOTA. I usually do the exact route you detailed above. Might toss Alcarnus in there if I don't have a stack after sewers and mines.

I think I'm finally caught up with my questions and ready to play again (as soon as my good laptop comes back from the shop).

If you play MP0, the loot tables are the same old loot tables with ACT III being the best. However, loot tables are based on monster level now. So, if you increase your monster power to MP1+, every monster in the game drops based off of the same loot table. This change plus the additional monster density they added gave us the option of farming ACT I and ACT II again. Nice change of pace.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here's my version:

Act 2, in CM wizard/CS monk groups:
  • VOTA (Start on the Black Soulstone quest. Get VOTA checkpoint on mp0 if you don't have it, then restart)
  • Oasis
  • Forsaken ruins
  • West channel / East channel / Aqueducts
  • Desolate Sands
  • port to archive > Storm Halls
  • the unknown depths (have non-leader zone in to keep leader's VOTA checkpoint, then leader uses flag to get to the group member)
  • Howling Mines exp/hour is on par. Save that one for easy stacks if someone joins late, or just finish it up at the end of the run. Alcanus is bad exp/hour and only worth it for stacks. That zone below the howling mines waypoint also has a solid number of mobs, slightly below average, but it's full of bees.
Takes about an hour for my group. WW/rend in probably 20 minutes.

Opiate

As Fender already explained, as soon as you bump the monster power to 1 (or higher), all loot tables are exactly the same throughout the game and mob density in Acts 1 and 2 are significantly increased so that you can get similar mobs/hour from acts 1, 2 and 3. It means that all 3 acts have reasonably comparable farming routes -- it just depends on your mood, or perhaps on your need for keys for uber runs.

I usually start on a late quest but not the LAST quest, since it starts you next to the sewer. Whatever the one right before that is.

Into

Act 2 is pretty nice, many people are doing Vault of the Assassin runs:
1. Pick "The Black Soulstone" quest
2. Waypoint to Desolate Sands
3. Find Vault of the Assassin
4. Once you clear it, do not use the portal thingy in the dungeon, but just town portal to the city
5. Leave game
6. Resume game, there will be a TP for you right for a new Vault of the Assassin
7. Repeat

This is not the best way to earn XP, Act 1 is better for that, but this is a great way to kill tons of elites and champ packs. It also helps that VotA has almost the same layout every time you start a new one. If you play a Barb you can even get Leap (or Teleport for Wizards) to faster navigate the place and even further increase your farming output. When it comes to farming legendaries, this run has worked for me the best.

There is also something Diablo 2esque about just doing a 3-5 minute run, exit and resume again.

Opiate

How much would this be worth in the AH?

I'm not entirely sure, but I do know the key value to put in is the increased attack speed. Put in IAS 10 in the search field, then look for weapons in your dps range. It's worth millions but not hundreds of millions.

Shifty76

Can anyone help my WD? I can 1 shot normal mobs in Act 1 MP7 but Elites destroy me -\
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/liferebooted-1675/hero/1228571

Do you have a d3up profile? Can't check bnet from work.

Sounds to me like your dps is good but you need more ehp.

My WD runs MP10 no problem, but he has 650-odd resist (unbuffed), 3700 armour & 67k HP. I'm guessing that some or all of your values for those stats are significantly lower which is why you're dying so much.

Also, I'm assuming you have some life steal and/or life on hit...

Oh, my WD for reference: http://d3up.com/b/8673/shakazulu

*EDIT* Looking at that d3up profile - no life steal/loh - that'd do it

Do you have a d3up profile? Can't check bnet from work.

Sounds to me like your dps is good but you need more ehp.

My WD runs MP10 no problem, but he has 650-odd resist (unbuffed), 3700 armour & 67k HP. I'm guessing that some or all of your values for those stats are significantly lower which is why you're dying so much.

Also, I'm assuming you have some life steal and/or life on hit...

Oh, my WD for reference: http://d3up.com/b/8673/shakazulu

here ya go http://d3up.com/b/31598 ty

yeah, really need life steal on your weapon. Life on hit doesn't proc very efficiently with cloud of bats(either 25% or 33% can't remember), although it definitely doesn't hurt to have it.

Arken2121

Hey guys, I've been having an issue. Anytime I startup the game from the launcher, it crashes my video driver(nvidia). I can hear the music playing but nothing else. Anyone have a similar issue?

Wallach

Hey guys, I've been having an issue. Anytime I startup the game from the launcher, it crashes my video driver(nvidia). I can hear the music playing but nothing else. Anyone have a similar issue?

Try backing up your D3Prefs file (Documents -> Diablo III folder) to someplace else, then delete it and try launching the game.

I had some time to kill cause my train schedule got messed up early this morning.

Ivory Shield.

Two minutes later....

Ivory Shield.

Well FUCK THIS GAME I'M OUT.

Opiate

Ouch. Making it smoothly through Act IV inferno HC. No deaths at all (First HC character, that is), and haven't even had my spirit vessel procced (I'm a WD).

30 Second internet burp right next to a mallet lord, the end.

Oh well, in to the fray again!

VALKYRAY

Banned
Ouch. Making it smoothly through Act IV inferno HC. No deaths at all (First HC character, that is), and haven't even had my spirit vessel procced (I'm a WD).

ikr
That's why I'm not motivated to play hc.
I would play hc on ps3. Then the drop is so bad in this game, self found mp10 is impossible. That makes me not interested in ps3 version either.

Into

Oh man that sucks, had a similar death due to lag, i usually press the ESC key to pause the game for 10 or so seconds, so that it may stabilize but even after that it was still lagging, and i got mauled.

I just crafted 520 shoulders, this is the best one i got:

I only crafted 6 bracers and feel i got somewhat lucky:

I am wondering whether it is even worth trying to craft amulets, just saw the KingKongor video of him making 1001 amulets and that was heartbreaking to watch.

I am just not sure where to take my character next:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IntoTheN1ght-2315/hero/566107

Obviously that Hellfire Ring aint great and i do have several better ones, i just use it for the xp bonus. If anyone can give any advice what to go after or which item to improve id appreciate it

Crafted about 50 amulets. All rubbish. Millions of gold down the drain. This is so annoying.

This is the best I got (Deadly Medallion). The Hunter's Locket is the one I was using previously. Which of the two would you guys recommend for a Barb? The one on the left seems obviously better but my friend says that IAS is paper dps (he's right) and that the one on the right is better.

I am just not sure where to take my character next:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IntoTheN1ght-2315/hero/566107

Dude you don't need upgrades. That gear is good enough to faceroll through MP10. What else do you want :p

edit - ok maybe you could use a better EF with str instead of int, higher APS, maybe lifesteal and a lower chance to fear. You don't need it though.

Into

Crafted about 50 amulets. All rubbish. Millions of gold down the drain. This is so annoying.

This is the best I got (Deadly Medallion). The Hunter's Locket is the one I was using previously. Which of the two would you guys recommend for a Barb? The one on the left seems obviously better but my friend says that IAS is paper dps (he's right) and that the one on the right is better.

Dude you don't need upgrades. That gear is good enough to faceroll through MP10. What else do you want :p

edit - ok maybe you could use a better EF with str instead of int, higher APS, maybe lifesteal and a lower chance to fear. You don't need it though.

You got some nice amulets crafted there, have you seen KingKongor (a Twitch guy who streams D3) craft 1001 amulets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fo9W0DJafk

Think you will feel much better about your rolls! =P

I can find plenty of upgrades on the AH but they all cost 1-2 billion gold, and most seem like minor upgrades. Despite Opiate's horror story, i might go Hardcore, since there is nothing to really do. Maybe grind the last 23 levels to 100 paragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom