• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talaysen

Crafted about 50 amulets. All rubbish. Millions of gold down the drain. This is so annoying.

This is the best I got (Deadly Medallion). The Hunter's Locket is the one I was using previously. Which of the two would you guys recommend for a Barb? The one on the left seems obviously better but my friend says that IAS is paper dps (he's right) and that the one on the right is better.

It does depend on your build somewhat. If you have any kind of procs, then IAS is good (if it pushes you over a breakpoint). The only times when IAS is completely worthless is when you are mostly using skills with cooldown or running out of resource (since higher attack speed increase resource spending over time as well). The latter really only matters if you have resource regen anyway, which barbs do not.

So I'd go with the Hunter's Locket.

I play mostly WW + Sprint while farming and HOTA + Rend for ubers. I think I'm going to give up on ubers now because it's not really fun and the reward is just not worth the effort.

Fularu

Banned
Fuck. I quit about a month ago, intending to return once 1.0.9 was relatively close. I guess that pretty much means see you guys in 2014 now.

This isn't an MMO, you don't get content patches in Diablo games, you get bug fixes, balance fixes, itemization fixes and so on, you won't get content outside of expansion packs

I really don't see the big deal with the "no major content patch beeing developped"

plenilune

This isn't an MMO, you don't get content patches in Diablo games, you get bug fixes, balance fixes, itemization fixes and so on, you won't get content outside of expansion packs

I really don't see the big deal with the "no major content patch beeing developped"

It has an MMO-like persistent aspect to it. Surely it must be in their best interest to keep the real money AH flowing. They could add optional dungeons using a mostly recycled tileset and remixed/random-spawning monsters. That wouldn't take much work at all.

Fularu

Banned
It has an MMO-like persistent aspect to it. Surely it must be in their best interest to keep the real money AH flowing. They could add optional dungeons using a mostly recycled tileset and remixed/random-spawning monsters. That wouldn't take much work at all.

There's nothing MMOish/persistent about it. It's just a multiplayer game that you can also play solo.

An endless dungeon isn't "new content" and wouldn't be labeled as a "Content patch" anyway. Adding new modes (that'S what an endless dungeon would be), fixing items, fixing skills, balancing classes, balancing the game, adding ubers (not new content, just recycled stuff) is on par with what they did with Diablo 2. Don't expect more for this game, it has no constant revenue stream to warrant the calls for "content patches".

You'll get them, as expansion packs.

plenilune

There's nothing MMOish/persistent about it. It's just a multiplayer game that you can also play solo.

An endless dungeon isn't "new content" and wouldn't be labeled as a "Content patch" anyway. Adding new modes (that'S what an endless dungeon would be), fixing items, fixing skills, balancing classes, balancing the game, adding ubers (not new content, just recycled stuff) is on par with what they did with Diablo 2. Don't expect more for this game, it has no constant revenue stream to warrant the calls for "content patches".

You'll get them, as expansion packs.

Well, in that case, no I don't expect them to add completely new monsters or story content. But a more random map with random spawn would go a long way toward retaining excitement for this game.

Opiate

I agree that Diablo isn't the sort of game that needs constant "content patches," but I do think more consistent bug fix/skill balancing patches would be a very good idea. A lot of the up and coming PC focused developers (Riot with League of Legends, Wargaming.net with World of Tanks) patch 2 or even 3 times a month, providing their players with constant feedback and support.

I think this is something which makes Blizzard seem like an old giant rather than the dynamic, growing company they were even as recently as 2005/2006 in the early days of WoW.

Vodh

Ah, shit, you're right. Thanks, I'm 100% satisfied with what the game is now, since you know, it not being an MMO means that the itemization is actually cool and diverse and interesting.

If you've read the post, it doesn't say they're not working on new enemies/areas/actual content. They aren't even actively working on 1.0.9 with balance changes to the game's current content, which means that even PTR is pretty damn far off.

Fularu

Banned
Ah, shit, you're right. Thanks, I'm 100% satisfied with what the game is now, since you know, it not being an MMO means that the itemization is actually cool and diverse and interesting.

If you've read the post, it doesn't say they're not working on new enemies/areas/actual content. They aren't even actively working on 1.0.9 with balance changes to the game's current content, which means that even PTR is pretty damn far off.
Itemization is beeing worked on, this has been stated multiple times.

I read the article which is little more than someone jumping to conclusion. Blizzard saying that there's no such thing as a codenamed 1.09 patch means nothing. For all intents and purpose next patch could be 1.08b.

Also it would help if you actually read what I wrote, I specifically targeted "content" patches, as opposed to balancing patches and the incoming itemization one.

Vodh

Itemization is beeing worked on, this has been stated multiple times.

I read the article which is little more than someone jumping to conclusion. Blizzard saying that there's no such thing as a codenamed 1.09 patch means nothing. For all intents and purpose next patch could be 1.08b.

Also it would help if you actually read what I wrote, I specifically targeted "content" patches, as opposed to balancing patches and the incoming itemization one.

The article pretty much out right says we shouldn't expect anything but minor changes and bugfixes until november. And as far as Diablo 3 goes, legendaries revamp is very much a content patch in their terminology.

Fularu

Banned
The article pretty much out right says we shouldn't expect anything but minor changes and bugfixes until november. And as far as Diablo 3 goes, legendaries revamp is very much a content patch in their terminology.
This has been known for months.

The next patch will bring the "legendaries drop at every level", like in the console versions, which come out in september. Anything "major" will have to wait after Blizzcon.

Repo Man

Fuck this game right up its demonic asshole!

Been grinding the hellfire ring on and off since it was first introduced and i still dont have the fucking thing. EVERY single fucking time I get 3 devices and the portals always open in the order Skeleton king/maghda -> Fat bastard/rakanoth -> siegebreaker/kulle even though its supposed to random. I got 4 fangs and 6 spines in my stash but Ive never seen the last bit drop. I bet when it finally drops, the ring i craft is gonna be shit.

Sure, my time in D3 would be better spent just grinding the paragon levels rather then wasting time on the hellfire ring but its turned into a personal quest now.

Fularu

Banned
Fuck this game right up its demonic asshole!

Been grinding the hellfire ring on and off since it was first introduced and i still dont have the fucking thing. EVERY single fucking time I get 3 devices and the portals always open in the order Skeleton king/maghda -> Fat bastard/rakanoth -> siegebreaker/kulle even though its supposed to random. I got 4 fangs and 6 spines in my stash but Ive never seen the last bit drop. I bet when it finally drops, the ring i craft is gonna be shit.

Sure, my time in D3 would be better spent just grinding the paragon levels rather then wasting time on the hellfire ring but its turned into a personal quest now.

If you're in the US, just add me(grosbill#1217), I'm sure between eek, taylasen, verse and myself, we can carry you through MP10 so that you can get your missing pieces

Repo Man

If you're in the US, just add me(grosbill#1217), I'm sure between eek, taylasen, verse and myself, we can carry you through MP10 so that you can get your missing pieces

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated but alas I play on EU. I shall persevere as I always do though, I just wish Blizzard took some of the randomness out by giving us an option to choose which portal opens up.

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated but alas I play on EU. I shall persevere as I always do though, I just wish Blizzard took some of the randomness out by giving us an option to choose which portal opens up.

If you have the machines you should open all 3 at once (in the same session). They'll be different in that case.

Repo Man

He only wants one specific portal to open per session I think

Yarp, I only need the drop from the Kulle/Siegebreaker portal and as it is now, whenever I have 3 devices I end up blowing them all because the portal I need is the last one to open, a case of RNG being a bit too RNG I guess or in other words my usual luck.

Speaking of RNG, anyone else had trouble in the past or present with keys dropping from Sokahr ? ( Act 2 warden ). I can do Act 1 or 3 wardens @ mp5 and get the keys more or less in straight 3 out of 3 attempts but for some reason Sokahr always gives me grief to put it mildly.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Just make sure you run with people who can handle mp10 ubers and never worry about getting the right portals again.

I read some ideas about people using Marked for Death / Grim Reaper with a monk running Exploding Palm and Sever. Seems like a very nice way to clear an area quickly for experience. The example I found was using it for killing elites quickly in a "flag run" group. I posted a thread about it on reddit. Someone said it's an old idea but it's the first I had heard of it.

Celegus

I would bet money that something along the lines of this will be included in the expansion. As far as I'm concerned, they went above and beyond what I was expecting as far as content out of patches.

Shifty76

Just make sure you run with people who can handle mp10 ubers and never worry about getting the right portals again.

I read some ideas about people using Marked for Death / Grim Reaper with a monk running Exploding Palm and Sever. Seems like a very nice way to clear an area quickly for experience. The example I found was using it for killing elites quickly in a "flag run" group. I posted a thread about it on reddit. Someone said it's an old idea but it's the first I had heard of it.

Yeah I've been running that on my DH while a monk buddy runs sever. Between M4D sever-bombs and EP bombs things blow up insanely fast.

Funny thing with M4D/Sever is that the guy with the sever sees the huge (10-15m) aoe crits yet I seem to get a ton of those "xx enemies killed in one blow" messages. It's like I'm getting the credit for the kills when sever bomb procs.

Speaking of my DH: He's now MP10 capable, and according to d3up when I trigger an armour shrine I jump up to 5.5M ehp. No wonder I was able to tank the poison clouds from the entire tree farm in FoM.

Raticus79

It's like I'm getting the credit for the kills when sever bomb procs.

I think this is because the monk would get credit for the direct kills from exploding palm (a few in a small area), and the DH would get credit for all the secondary kills (everything else in 20 yards) since they own the Grim Reaper effect.

Raticus79

Does anyone remember which mod had the animated GIF avatar of the Megaman sprite style monk dropping the bell (on himself)? I had no idea what that was at the time. Trying to find it scrolling through the old OTs but I think they might have changed their avatar.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Killed mp10 azmodan in 49 sec @ 305k unbuff monk
138.4 mil hp / 49 sec = 2.82 mil edps
2.82 mil edps / 305k paper dps = 9.26 x multiplier

I_Am_CC

Finally crafted some trifecta gloves today. I would guess it took about 200 tries.

1zhFI0t.png

have you seen KingKongor (a Twitch guy who streams D3) craft 1001 amulets?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fo9W0DJafk

I was thinking about going for a ammy next but... yeah, maybe not.

Pepto

Banned
I did it in 70s w/ my 198k unbuffed monk. 9.99 multiplier!

My WD did it in 60s with a 15x multiplier.

That multiplier would be higher with lower or higher DPS because you could pop two voodoos with lower DPS and with higher DPS voodoo would be in play for larger percentage of the battle.

Finders Keepers is awesome, they need to build that stuff into the game.

I'm getting 50M experience an hour but once I hit five stacks it heads up towards 80-100M depending on the density and my focus on actually playing . I just do typical Festering to Hallowed to FoM. Whats a better place cant Act II get higher?

Getting closer to Paragon 100 finally.

Raticus79

Yup, I think it really makes the game better having that immediate feedback on how you're doing for exp/hour. It makes it a lot easier to refine your gameplay and cut out bad habits.

neoism

jd938ezhu8Ta4.png

100mil LULZ and it was an upgrade from an IK 6 crit SMH aren't the 230+ man stats ones still worth alot even with out crit i refuse to be a credit card warrior so paying 600+ to 2 beezz for a shitty 3%crit or a 6CC is just stupid.... I actually donated that 100m on a stream I mod and go to every night...http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/28728058 wish I knew what else to do with her.. but really cant afford it smh this game.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I'd look to upgrade your offhand. Look for a sword with 800+ DPS, 150 strength, 75 crit damage, 2.5 life steal, and an open socket.

Get a similar echoing fury with an open socket for your main hand. I sniped a 1200 DPs OS 0.25 APS EF last night for 5m. Id keep life steal on the off hand. Your critical hit damage is really low. You should have 350 to 400 on your gear.

Drop cleave for HOTA-smash. You don't need a fury generator. Replace your hellfire ring with a SOJ with 6% elemental DMG, 27%+ damage to elites, and HOTA reduction.

Replace fire walkers for ice climbers with 180str and 140 vita or ik boots with similar.

That's what I'd probably do. All your gear can be upgraded tho.

Jedi2016

Got the Staff of Herding today. Wasn't nearly as much of a grind as I feared it would be.. did they bump up the drop rate on the items or something? I got most of them on the second or third try, even the "super rare" Chiltara only took about six tries. The part that took the longest was actually the plans from Izual, had to run that one about a dozen times before it dropped. But once I put my mind to it and actually decided to "farm it out", it only took about an hour or so.

Started using the AH today.. not sure why anybody would want the shit I'm putting up there (low-level rares that I picked up while farming), but I'm not asking for much in any event. Not sure how I'm going to afford "real" gear later on, and I doubt I'll be getting any decent drops for myself.

eek5

I'm getting 50M experience an hour but once I hit five stacks it heads up towards 80-100M depending on the density and my focus on actually playing . I just do typical Festering to Hallowed to FoM. Whats a better place cant Act II get higher?

Getting closer to Paragon 100 finally.

FK is pretty sweet. I did 6 runs and I'm averaging a bit under 100m xp/hr with my mp7-8 TR/bell monk.

126mil xp/hr in FoM. Weeping Hollow isn't great for me. I think I'm going to just drop it. I'm only getting around 85-90m xp/hr there. It's probably better as WD since you can pull so hard but having to go from group to group isn't worth the time.

edit: aaaand of course, my WD doin 150mil xp/hr.
edit2: well, shit.. my DW mp10 monk is pretty much 100m/h too ;_;

Repo Man

Finally got the last item for my hellfire ring.

The roll on the ring wasnt that great but it was still a bit better than my other ring so a slight upgrade, could have been worse I suppose. Glad that grind finished so now I can kick back and kill shit without having that nagging feeling at the back of my brain saying "You should be grinding keys instead!"

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Finally got the last item for my hellfire ring.

The roll on the ring wasnt that great but it was still a bit better than my other ring so a slight upgrade, could have been worse I suppose. Glad that grind finished so now I can kick back and kill shit without having that nagging feeling at the back of my brain saying "You should be grinding keys instead!"

Could have been way worse.

DiabloIII_2013_06_10_15_10_38_677_zps51787da2.png

My first hellfire :'(

I come back to D3 after a long hiatus and this is how it tries to keep me hooked lol.

Man those shoulders do not seem to be anywhere near worth 100 mill. Congrats on the sale though :D

I think you could work on increasing your vitality a bit. 40k hp for a barb seems low.

Could have been way worse.

My first hellfire :'(

I come back to D3 after a long hiatus and this is how it tries to keep me hooked lol.

I've crafted a dozen or so Hellfires and they've all been rubbish. I've actually given up on it now. Worst effort to reward ratio in the game.

Wanted to play something other than my barb so I bought some gear for my wizard following guides on youtube/reddit/d3 forums. Can anyone who plays a wizard tell me what I can do to improve and what MP I can manage with this set? The stats are - http://i.imgur.com/CiLvKoj.jpg. I know there's not a lot of damage but I tried to get defensive stats up first. I play with friends who are barbs and it's not like I could compete with their 250k dps anyway so I figured staying alive would be handy :p

Vio-Lence

Banned
If you are running cm sns, your sheet multiplier is 8-10 times display. All you can do is improve your DPswhile mmaintaining high MIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom