• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I don't think a hellfire ring or experience gem is required anymore. I'd rock a better ring + 18% life gem in the helm and run higher MP. The small bonus of the hf ring and gem on top of the absurd MP NV stack is insignificant.

Ingeniero

I don't think a hellfire ring or experience gem is required anymore. I'd rock a better ring + 18% life gem in the helm and run higher MP. The small bonus of the hf ring and gem on top of the absurd MP NV stack is insignificant.
I agree, with the higher MP bonnus and NV, I dumped my Ruby on helm and HFR too.
In MP9 with full party and 5NV I have +950% exp bonnus, around 80mill per hour, not bad.

BTW.... Bnet is so down, damn NOOO... I wanted to play some today before my birthday party later.
Yes it is my bday today and no Diablo, thanks Blizzard.

Shifty76

(MP10 is still a waste of time though for anything other than ubers)

Huh?

With no bonus xp gear at all I'm averaging around 100m xp/hr solo or 140m xp/hr in groups on MP10, not to mention the bonus item drop from each enemy killed means a ton of legendaries dropping (averaging 6 an hour according to Finders Keepers)

I'm not even trying to min-max xp either - just running Festering-Leo's-Fields-HoA2

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Huh?

With no bonus xp gear at all I'm averaging around 100m xp/hr solo or 140m xp/hr on MP10, not to mention the bonus item drop from each enemy killed means a ton of legendaries dropping (averaging 6 an hour according to Finders Keepers)

I'm not even trying to min-max xp either - just running Festering-Leo's-Fields-HoA2

Yup, the change to make NV a multiplier really helped out higher MP a lot. MP10 wins pretty early on now, like once you're over 100k dps. I checked recently and going to mp9 was slower for me.

FrankT

So 100K is the mark for MP10? Clearly I've waited far too long to bump it up. Will test some new waters tonight.

Yea I haven't really been interested in hellfire though I have like 40 keys from the FoM Warden heh.

I'm assuming that isn't really a solo experience?

Raticus79

It's better to measure yourself, but it's a lot earlier than it used to be - I'm just throwing that out there as a ballpark. Being in a group helps a lot with that too

Yea but Hellfire can be an easy solid ring. That only costs like 2M. Like if you get high str roll a damage roll and even one of crit dam crit chance or AS, or even some LoH or All Resist.

Its more about new characters getting a pretty decent ring for real cheap. The exp bonus is just a bit of a bonus.

I mean hell, I cant even find rings that are upgrades to my Hellfire for less than 300M and right now I dont have that kind of cash.

eek5

It's better to measure yourself, but it's a lot earlier than it used to be - I'm just throwing that out there as a ballpark. Being in a group helps a lot with that too

Yeah it really depends on your character and build. Best bet is to write down your XP, do a handful of runs and figure out which MP is most efficient for you (or get a program like finderskeepers to do the work if you're too lazy).

For example my WD pushes 130-150mil xp/hr on MP10. My Monk does about 100m/hr on MP10 (DW), 110-120m/hr on MP9 (DW), 100m/hr on mp7 (TR EP)

FrankT

Alright bumped it up to MP7 last night and it seemed pretty comfortable. 3-4 legends drop for the short time I had with it last night. Magic find now up to 500. I will certainly hit the cap as I continue to level and add MP.

Raticus79

I had an idea that addresses some of the biggest problems with the auction house but has some tradeoffs. Brainstorming for future game design.

Posted in other spots:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1ig7oa/bind_item_on_first_transfer_pros_and_cons/ (this one's doing horribly, lol)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499900168?page=1#0

"Bind on trade", game-wide. The idea is that an item can move to a different account once, then it's account bound. (e.g. when an item is bought on the AH, received via trade, dropped and picked up)

Pros:

- "If you want better gear, don't play, just flip on AH" is gone
- the items being sold on the AH are going to people that will use them
- easier to find gear on AH because people wouldn't hoard it to control prices
- chance of finding a good deal because people wouldn't be running AH bots without the potential for profit
- can put up items for cheap to help out new players (without them just being bought by a flipper instead)
- more hardcore-like economy, items sell a bit more easily (especially for low-mid gear)
- bragging rights for self-found. Unbound = self found

Cons:

- can't resell gear you buy
- can't loan stuff to friends

What do you think?

Some people said they expect high end gear prices to go through the roof but I was thinking the opposite. It's an interesting scenario. Adding to my someday-maybe game design doc.

turnbuckle

I haven't played this game on PC in a long time and don't look to be playing it anytime soon (carpal tunnel is a bitch, carpal tunnel + Diablo addiction is a bigger bitch lol).

That said, I still very much have an itch to play. Has there been any further updates on the PS4 version of the game (release date, features, differences from PC version besides the dodge mechanic/auction house/online reuqirement, etc) ?

Talaysen

I had an idea that addresses some of the biggest problems with the auction house but has some tradeoffs. Brainstorming for future game design.

Posted in other spots:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1ig7oa/bind_item_on_first_transfer_pros_and_cons/ (this one's doing horribly, lol)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9499900168?page=1#0

"Bind on trade", game-wide. The idea is that an item can move to a different account once, then it's account bound. (e.g. when an item is bought on the AH, received via trade, dropped and picked up)

Pros:

- "If you want better gear, don't play, just flip on AH" is gone
- the items being sold on the AH are going to people that will use them
- easier to find gear on AH because people wouldn't hoard it to control prices
- chance of finding a good deal because people wouldn't be running AH bots without the potential for profit
- can put up items for cheap to help out new players (without them just being bought by a flipper instead)
- more hardcore-like economy, items sell a bit more easily (especially for low-mid gear)
- bragging rights for self-found. Unbound = self found

Cons:

- can't resell gear you buy
- can't loan stuff to friends

What do you think?

Some people said they expect high end gear prices to go through the roof but I was thinking the opposite. It's an interesting scenario. Adding to my someday-maybe game design doc.

I think any pros to binding is outweighed by the limitation of not being able to resell the gear honestly. Even if prices end up cheaper it literally does not matter because once you buy the item you can't get your money back for it. I buy upgrades for tens of millions now and get most of it back just by reselling my previous equip. Sometimes more.

If you want a way to remove items from the economy, the right way to do it is to give players an incentive to do so, not forcefully remove them.

Raticus79

Well, Blizzard recently said they regretted having the AH due to how it changed the game, but it's a convenience for players (instead of having to do trade posts, etc). That's what all the BOA crafting was brought in for. This is sort of a middle ground between completely disabling trade and the current wide-open AH.

I've been trying to think about how people could game the system. I suppose they could still enforce a price floor by buying any cheap competition to items they're posting, but it carries a higher cost.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Sounds legit.

:lol this made me laugh way more than it should of.

Haven't played D3 in a while. Fired it up today and checked this thread and here's turnbuckle posting.

Seems like ages ago when he was bragging about making a few hundred mill flipping stormshields. :p

Has the game changed much at all since then? I noticed a book in town that identifies all our items. Awesome!

Raticus79

i like buying low and flipping shit on the AH more than playing the game. i'd prefer that it stays the way it is.

Apparently you're not the only one!

Would you also prefer it stay the same way for the next game in the series? I'm trying to get a feel for how the one-trade-only thing would play out

FrankT

Agile Wraps

Rare Gloves
Armor
+76 Strength
+83 Vitality
+61 Resistance to All Elements
Attack speed increased by 9%
Critical Hit Damage increased by 42%
Regenerates 101 Life per Second
Critical Hit Chance increased by 7%

Another nice upgrade last night. Btw what would these gloves be worth roughly?

Outside my DPS going forward I definitely need to work on my resists a bit.

jkanownik

Did you see that 4chan interview post with a Blizzard employee on reddit?

Sounds like Blizz was completely against the RMAH idea, but Activi$ion and the suits pushed it through as it would earn money.

Here's the link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1ii4jt/an_another_blizzard_employee_answered_some/

There are very few people at large studios/publishers that know the complete picture for any decision. It turns into a giant game of telephone with people throwing in their own opinions and biases as the stories get passed along. It is very easy for people in management positions on either side to manipulate the staff below them by withholding relevant information.

People also ignore the option that developers have to say no or push back. If the suits don't know that a feature will cause problems, can you blame them for asking? Whose responsibility is it to point out the negative aspects? I get blaming the suits if someone went back to them and said it wasn't a good idea and explained why, but who knows if this was the case.

Those comments stand for all games. In this case I'm especially weary of commentary from anyone who blames the RMAH for all of Diablo 3's issues. It is behind itemization, a lessened sense of community, always online, act IV, the story and more in terms of problems with the game. I still haven't seen a compelling argument for how the game is designed around the RMAH.

There are very few people at large studios/publishers that know the complete picture for any decision. It turns into a giant game of telephone with people throwing in their own opinions and biases as the stories get passed along. It is very easy for people in management positions on either side to manipulate the staff below them by withholding relevant information.

People also ignore the option that developers have to say no or push back. If the suits don't know that a feature will cause problems, can you blame them for asking? Whose responsibility is it to point out the negative aspects? I get blaming the suits if someone went back to them and said it wasn't a good idea and explained why, but who knows if this was the case.

Those comments stand for all games. In this case I'm especially weary of commentary from anyone who blames the RMAH for all of Diablo 3's issues. It is behind itemization, a lessened sense of community, always online, act IV, the story and more in terms of problems with the game. I still haven't seen a compelling argument for how the game is designed around the RMAH.
Nobody is stating that the game is designed around the RMAH. However people are stating that the Auction House in general has ruined the game, which is true. But it is only true as a result of the terrible itemisation problems with the game to begin with.

mhayze

Man I cannot believe they still havent gotten the next major patch out yet. It feels like its been an eternity.

Based on some comments that have been made by Blizzard employees, work is under way on the first expansion, and it may well be that we won't see another patch before the expansion. Blizzard pointed out that they have already included a lot of new content post-release (a lot more than Diablo 2 at an equivalent timeframe) and the next major development might be the expansion and it's accompanying patch.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-future-of-diablo-3-fansite-summit-mega-report

IceMarker

Based on some comments that have been made by Blizzard employees, work is under way on the first expansion, and it may well be that we won't see another patch before the expansion. Blizzard pointed out that they have already included a lot of new content post-release (a lot more than Diablo 2 at an equivalent timeframe) and the next major development might be the expansion and it's accompanying patch.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/the-future-of-diablo-3-fansite-summit-mega-report

I ain't comin' back until I sees me Itemization Update!!

Repo Man

I think the itemization patch will definately be out before an expansion because the console versions arent even out yet and I would imagine they want the console versions to spend some time on the shelves before even officially announcing an expansion. If they released an expansion "soon" then the console owners would probably complain that they bought an unfinished game. If the expansion would be launched on PC first then I can see the console owners complaining about being left out so it wouldnt surprise me if they push the itemization patch out before the console versions are out and then just do a day-1 patch for the consoles.

Heck, I think we might even see the elusive pvp content before an expansion comes but thats me being maybe a tad optimistic. :p

V_Arnold

Pretty much. They can push it if they want to, but Im not very interested in playing until they get the itemization patch out, along with some class changes.

Same for me. I love this game, I really do, but there is no pressure in playing it currently.

BTW, I really, really hope that Blizzard developers understand why it would be MOST REASONABLE to release a ladder alongside the itemization patch. I am absolutely sure that people would love to see, to be part of, to participate in a league where the AH is not full already with "old stuff", and where gold prices can be reestabilished again. With good changes, new goldsinks and stuff, it would actually make sense to start everything anew, imho. Their only fear, the "fragmentation of playerbase" should not hold when we are talking about a game that sold 12+ mill copies. Seriously.

Give me a new ladder, a clean slate, and give me the itemization patch, and Ill be back, Blizzard.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

FrankT

Hit around 240K base DPS(320 with Rage and I need to check with Berserker) this weekend. Magic find to about 560 and should be close to cap with my levels left and MP jump. I've bumped it up to MP9 and I'm clearing pretty quickly. Will not be too long before the final bump. With that said the chance for any legendary to drop is the same on every Act correct? I've stuck to a nice simple route in Act 1, but if I get another Wizard Hat out of the decaying crypt I'm going to break something heh.

Edit: wish there were a way I could manage my items and play with the auction house outside of game login.

lordy88

Any of you guys take a look at this guy's suggestion post?

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/99370-loot-20-discovering-its-true-potential/

This one fellow has taken the time to craft incredible ideas for Diablo 3, and provide a plethora of photoshopped images to accompany his creative solutions to the game. It's a fantastic read for anyone still enthused about the game.

He suggest adding graphics to the legendary beam to distinguish its relative rarity

psk2.jpg

Provide benefits for identifying legendaries
vl5r.jpg

He has a lot of creative ideas to make legendaries actually impact the game and increase the amount of builds
mgaf.jpg

I also recommend his 1.0.9 post and follow up:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/92276-patch-109-preview-a-dream/

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/925...a-dream-fanmade/page__p__1160343#entry1160343

I would pay for this guy to be hired by Blizzard. This would SAVE Diablo 3 for me.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
The only sad part about this post is the game will never be that awesome, sadly.
Any of you guys take a look at this guy's suggestion post?

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/99370-loot-20-discovering-its-true-potential/

This one fellow has taken the time to craft incredible ideas for Diablo 3, and provide a plethora of photoshopped images to accompany his creative solutions to the game. It's a fantastic read for anyone still enthused about the game.

I also recommend his 1.0.9 post and follow up:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/92276-patch-109-preview-a-dream/

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/925...a-dream-fanmade/page__p__1160343#entry1160343

I would pay for this guy to be hired by Blizzard. This would SAVE Diablo 3 for me.

lordy88

The only sad part about this post is the game will never be that awesome, sadly.

Now I complete agree with you. It's very rare for developers to actually look at a suggestion and then do whatever they can to incorporate it.

But God Damn, I would play the shit out of D3 again if these ideas were added. Why the hell can't you just listen to reason Blizzard and get it done?

inky

Hey guys, remember that itemization patch? Is it still coming or something? Did they ever publish part 3 of their itemization blog?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hey guys, remember that itemization patch? Is it still coming or something? Did they ever publish part 3 of their itemization blog?

They swear it's coming, but not until late 2013 at the earliest.

Opiate

My hardcore witch doctor is paragon level 35 now, still moving up. I have almost 900k effective hp without dodge (1.4m with).

lordy88

They said there will be no content patches before Blizzcon (Novemeber 2013). Honestly, given that it's assumed they will be revealing the expansion at the event, I wouldn't be shocked if Item 2.0 is paired with its release.

I'm back ..... lol. Never going to post on gaming side again. F' that shit.

Still playin TLoU though. Been paying attention to the thread. Nothing from Bliz, though I guess they did say nothing until at least November. The break will be nice though.

FrankT

So up to about 250K base DPS now. I believe upgrades from here will get pretty costly. The market however in this game is completely jacked. Moving items even high quality is a pain. Makes me want to get into gems more as I have made some profit there. Not a ton though. I'm not sure how one can fix this broken market without major changes.

Edit; I still haven't gone to 2 1 handers yet so I think that will be a decent upgrade once I do. Just have to find the right ones with the right stats.

Ingeniero

I spent like 50 mill to tune my barb.
Finally hit the 250K DPS unbuffed mark yay :D
Also got lucky crafting bracers, they were a clear upgrade from my Lacunis, I had to sacrifice the speed tho... My barb is slow now but no biggie because of sprint.
All res only 413 but I can tank a lot, I will try to improve them tho.
http://d3up.com/b/456736/tyrion#gear

EDIT. I can't have infinite WOTB tho, I can hold when there a lot of mobs in Fields, but not all the time... maybe the CC is not high enough.

Raticus79

For WOTB maintenance, I think it might be worth it to make some gear swap sets with macros - that way you have your skorn for rend time and can go quick DW (maybe swap in some APS gear too?) to refill your bar as needed.

I wish they would just add support for weapon sets in game. Recording those macros and editing out the delays is a bit of a pain and not for everyone.

Ingeniero

For WOTB maintenance, I think it might be worth it to make some gear swap sets with macros - that way you have your skorn for rend time and can go quick DW (maybe swap in some APS gear too?) to refill your bar as needed.

I wish they would just add support for weapon sets in game. Recording those macros and editing out the delays is a bit of a pain and not for everyone.

Wait what? Macros to swap gear ingame? I never heard of this, sounds interesting, but "hard". I will look into it, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom