• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono51

Banned
This whole sort by time left is kinda funny. You can cover such a range of items with a few key stats put in. I mean, I've picked up a 988dps/Socket/500 LoH Mace for 1.5mil (that funnily enough had a radiant sq ruby in) and just sold for 35 mil. Also got an 864/~50crit/socket/470LoH spear for like 750k too. Those are just the best deals i've got, I mean, its crazy what goes up when you can see everything 1d12h lol.

ed: Oh, and a funny one was the guy who sold a spear with a star emerald in for 100k. wtf?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Yeah I noticed I cant seem to endless freeze as much unless theres like 10 creeps around me too. I have 44% with scoundrel too. Grr I don't want to give up this build though...

Yeah... On the other hand I'm kinda happy that my legacy Dark Mage's Shade is pretty much one of the best around now. AP on crit + crit% + crit% on Explosive Blast is a very rare combo.

Demy

Wow I didn't expect my mace to sell as fast as it did. $250!!! I put it up for 200 bid 250 buyout. Diablo 3 has now paid for it self 5x.

Hdfa1.jpg

I haven't found a single set item yet, and haven't found a legendary in the last 100 hours. I've probably done 20 farming runs recently in 325% (pre patch) magic find, and about ten runs through act 1, 2, and 3 post patch. Nothing. It's my wow luck all over again.

Xanathus

I've forgotten, auctions are paused during maintenance right? There's an item I'm trying to win but I forgot to bid on it and now the server's down.

Celegus

Wow I didn't expect my mace to sell as fast as it did. $250!!! I put it up for 200 bid 250 buyout. Diablo 3 has now paid for it self 5x.

Hdfa1.jpg

Congrats! That's the first legendary I've found post-patch as well, but yours is definitely better with all that crit. I put mine on RMAH for the time being until I have some better Wizard/WD gear to match with it.

ccbfan

Trying to figure out where the hunt as a monk. Act 2 or Act 3.

I can get through Act 3 beginning to GHOM OK well. After that I struggle. Not a great supply of elites during this run though.

The run I was doing in Act 2 is right after the shen section to the end of Act2. (Too bad you don't keep your nvs when you go to next act.). Any better runs in act 2?

I sort of quit this monk a weeks ago before the nerfings and crit damage explosion in popularity. So my gears not exactly great.

I have about 15K DPS and 30K life with like 500 loh.

The character's OK defensively and pretty lacking offensively.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Are (legendary?) crossbows the only weapon type that can get 2 sockets?

Also, are there any known legendary weapons which can't have a socket no matter? The legacy Wizardspike dagger could have a socket, but so far none of the new ones I saw on the AH have one.

Are (legendary?) crossbows the only weapon type that can get 2 sockets?

Also, are there any known legendary weapons which can't have a socket no matter? The legacy Wizardspike dagger could have a socket, but so far none of the new ones I saw on the AH have one.

The second part is quite simple - if weapon has 0 random affixes it won't have sockets.

If it has at least 1 random affix it can have socket.

DSmalls84

I haven't played in like a month, but I take it the legendaries aren't crap aymore? Might be time to jump back in for some Act 1 runs.

Can anyone recap me on the major differences now?

scy

Can anyone recap me on the major differences now?

- All Legendaries were redone. Most the ilvl 63 ones are now really, really good. A lot of unique effects (Charm proc, Fire Chains, etc.) or just good stats. And then there's things like Manticore's 2 sockets.

- EXP at 60 now goes towards Paragon Levels which give you 3% Magic Find, 3% Gold Find, +3 Primary Attribute, +2 Vitality, +1 Secondary/Tertiary Attributes per level. There's a total of 100 Paragon Levels.

- Extensive changes to all the classes. For instance, WD's had a big Vision Quest change (4 cooldowns = +300% Mana Regen -> Deal damage with Signature spell = +30% Mana Regen) but base regen was doubled. Pets are really good now as well.

Zeppelin

I'll see that and raise you

iFLHT.png

The LOH on that one is nice though.

Jesus fucking Christ...

I just did a run for the first time in like 6-7 weeks. I had forgotten how nice this game looks after having played it in 800x600 with everything on low/off on my mothers computer for several weeks during summer. The attention to detail is really amazing and the production values are so high. My drops were still fucked though. Found two rare ilvl 62 crossbows that rolled worse than 2 white crossbows I found. Fun. I'll give the game a couple of more hours though, since I still really like how it plays. I realize I can't get back in and expect it to rain glorious items but when you've already grinded for 150 h+ in Inferno and barely found shit worth equipping your patience runs thin quickly.

Another thing that still grinds my gears is how poorly an enemy's range is communicated. A skeleton can kick you to death from several yards. Really annoying, especially when you're playing a ranged character.

DSmalls84

Read the patch notes. Huge changes.

Will do. When I quit I had like 4 mil gold left. Will that buy me anything anymore, because I want to gear up my WD again now that their pets have been upgraded? When I left it seemed like the prices for gear that would let you progress in Inferno were dropping.

DTKT

Will do. When I quit I had like 4 mil gold left. Will that buy me anything anymore, because I want to gear up my WD again now that their pets have been upgraded? When I left it seemed like the prices for gear that would let you progress in Inferno were dropping.

Not really. The AH is easy to use now and good deals on gear are really rare to find. Now that you can sort by time left, it's almost impossible to snipe something since everyone is doing it.

GiJoccin

Did 2 butcher runs on my barb yesterday and found 3 upgrades, then bought 2 more, and started rofflstomping through act 2.

i didn't bother tooling with my build, so i'm still the same tank barb i was pre-1.04

semi-enjoyed the game for the first time since hitting 60, noticed a good amount more yellows and the yellows i was getting were better

kennah

But that said, inferno was nerfed and you don't need as good of gear to progress. I got to act 2 last night on my barb and i never spend more than 100k on anything.

Not really. The AH is easy to use now and good deals on gear are really rare to find. Now that you can sort by time left, it's almost impossible to snipe something since everyone is doing it.

I disagree. Good deals can be found as long as you're not looking for the absolute top end gear. But gear that is 'good enough' can be bought for pretty cheap with bid auctions. Just need to have some patience.

2 days ago my Barb had gear which was just barely good enough to clear hell. Even had some level 40 pieces. Today, I cleared Act 2 with 50% new gear from drops I got (which are nowhere near top of the line) and the other 50% which I bought in auctions for maybe half a million (+150k to craft some gems). For reference, here's my Barb now... you can see he isn't wearing a single item worth shit, but I still got Belial down. (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/spindoctor-6282/hero/7875410)

Don't underestimate the nerf to Inferno... it is significantly easier now which means the gear requirement to pass it is also significantly lower.

Celegus

Am I just not seeing it or is there still not a way to search damage on off-hand items in AH? Really need a source to match up with my new wizard weapon, but checking through 30 pages of stuff isn't that fun.

Xanathus

Glad I ended up not bidding on an item before the maintenance, it was a Thunder God's Vigor. It turns out that the shock pulse effect has a long internal cooldown which basically makes that effect almost pointless, and the other stats on the belt are easily beaten by other rare belts.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
igsfUnPAj6P4J.jpg

This morning's ridiculously lucky Act 2 haul, first time I've seen two legendaries in one run.

Not using any base MF, Paragon lvl 4, NV 5 stacks in VoA.

Price-wise what do you reckon (EU)?

The Manticore is rubbish but the Windforce should go for 20-25 mill (I'm guessing here).

In fact, just put it at 20 mill bid no buyout and see what happens.

Vodh

I'm wondering - does the bonus 30% damage in Ghost Bombs (WD, rune for Firebomb) affect the targets who get hit by the primary 110% explosion? From the way it is written it would seem like it should, but my crappy testing suggests otherwise.

That Manticore looks like a legacy one, how did it drop after the patch?

New one has guaranteed socket/crit damage/10-11% attack speed and its level 63

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got a 998dps, 2.5% life steal, socket 2 hander last night that ended up being a decent upgrade for my monk. Put an amethyst in there for some LoH. It's nice to finally be getting decent drops.

It's not often I see Dex weapons with decent dps.

scy

It amazes me how many Xbows I see with Witch Doctor-specific affixes. Why would anyone give up a mojo to use one?

Well, new 2H stat spreads make them a viable alternative to 1H setup. But, bows didn't get that so they're a rather odd choice really.

V_Arnold

Whats a good Act 2 run?

I like doing Belial or Maghda runs.
Start with Canyon, pick up 2-3 elites in about a minute or two, then a guaranteed elite or two in Alcarnus, then either kill Maghda/Belial or continue in the dungeons of your preference or the oasis.

Dahbomb

Just got an amulet with the following stats:

167 Strength
Intelligence 87
12 % Life
56% Crit Damage
Attack Speed 7%

No idea what to price it at, nothing came up on both GAH and RMAH. I put it up for a 100 million just for the hell of it.

Been getting a lot of nice weapons including both lower level and 2hs. This has been a good patch. I almost got a 2hander that I could've used myself, just needed a socket and slight more DPS.

Shadow780

I seem to have hit a wall with my ww barb towards the end of act III. I'm taking too much damage before I can set up the for the ww. I though my resistances/vit/hp were decent but I seem to be taking a lot of damage. Here's my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larvi-1905/hero/19797486

Am I undergeared? Or should I switch to a more tank style barb build?

Thanks.

I would say if you have other gears, lose some vitality and get some more crit chance and LoH on Ring and Amulet, 40% should be good.

Radec

Seems like 1.0.4 really is a step in the right direction. 40% of my friends in D3 is online right now. Whereas only 5-10% was before 1.0.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom