• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have no idea what MP is, or how to set it. I played the game for a couple weeks after it came out then stopped. Wanna get back in, but wtf are people talking about MP? Also, inferno is so much easier now.

Hence the addition of Monster Power. They nerfed the crap out of inferno and gave us the ability to scale the difficulty up. Each level increases your base MF and GF and EXP gains.

They changed the loot tables as well. When you last played the loot was based on the act. So act 1 and 2 dropped crap the entire time. You had to cheese your way into act 3 to get decent enough drops to even beat act 2.

Now ... loot is based on monster level and not on the act. A level 58 weapon can roll level 63 stats if you're playing on act III as an example since all act III monsters are level 63. Monster Power plays a roll here to though. When you increase the MP level to just MP1, ALL enemies in inferno are now 63 and can drop items with good rolls. This is great because it opens up all acts to farm on. Act I in MP1+ will drop the same stuff as Act III. The most recent patch they increase mob density too. For a while everyone still farmed act III even though drops where the same because there's just more monsters. Now that density is increased in MP levels as well, Act II and I are just as good if not better than Act III.

There's lots of additions since you've played. They added a heflire ring to acquire and gave us "uber bosses" to fight to get that ring as well. The ring is a boon to leveling alts as it's basically a level 63 ring that can be worn on a level 1 toon and it gives you a 35% exp multiplier.

EDIT: The above image are the base increase your toon gets per level of MP you increase. NV stacks were added. Not sure if you were around then. You get a stack for an elite killed. Max of 5 stacks. Each stack now has a multiplier effect on your base MF. Paragon levels were added as well. Each paragon level increases your base MF and GF too. They also give part bonuses to MF and GF and EXP as well. I don't remember exactly, but in a party of 4 with my paragon 100 monk, p[laying MP10 with 5 NV stacks I have 1000+ MF and GF. It's pretty rad.

I honestly think an itemization patch would push this game into the GOTF for me. Here's to seeing what gamescon has to offer.

Repo Man

Woah thanks for the explanation! Im gonna google hellfire rings and uber bosses. That both sounds fun.

Prepare yourself for nerdrage, alt+F4's, excessive drinking, physical abuse of ones pc and potentially hurting loved ones.

Unless ofcourse you get someone to boost you at mp 10. :)

windz

Prepare yourself for nerdrage, alt+F4's, excessive drinking, physical abuse of ones pc and potentially hurting loved ones.

This is in fact what usually happens :D I miss diablo. I kind of want to come back and start playing more again. Got a mp10 capable paragon level 80 wiz on softcore and a paragon 11 barb on HC. Kinda miss playing HC as softcore just doesn't interest me at the moment. Maybe ill load it up and level my HC wizard after work tomorrow.

phinious

Lol. I am prepared. I am playing a demon hunter and just finished inferno mp0, but never beat the act 2 boss. Is that why I can't adjust the mp level? Also, what class is considered the best farmer now? I like playing them all but I wanna work the most efficient farmer first.

I had one of those moments last night during an elite battle. There was arcane out and stuff and then I noticed my spells just stopped coming out. I was able to run around, but none of my commands would do anything. I ended out just being booted and didn't die. I was happy.

Repo Man

Lol. I am prepared. I am playing a demon hunter and just finished inferno mp0, but never beat the act 2 boss. Is that why I can't adjust the mp level? Also, what class is considered the best farmer now? I like playing them all but I wanna work the most efficient farmer first.

I think every class is the "best farmer" now as its entirely down to what you prefer. I was well into my Demon Hunter at one point, so much so infact that I got her up to paragon level 65 but then it sort of got to the stage where I had serious dps numbers but not enough defense so I kinda was stuck at monster power 3-4. I had plenty of self found bits and bobs for my barbarian though so I built that thing a solid starter set and now I'm merrily rolling at mp 6-7 so I'd say the Barb is and always was my class.

I kinda prefer Monk and Barb due to the ability to just jump into the fray and kick the crap out of things whereas the ranged classes might need a bit more thinking and a different approach which is ofcourse just as good. I think thats one of the beauties of Diablos game mechanics, if you approach the game and your class of choice accordingly and in the right mindset, you can have immense fun and theres plenty of options to customise your playstyle. All they really need to do is make it less of a grind to play alts because at the moment its a pretty painful process to grind 5 classes to paragon 100 just for the sake of variety. :p

MYE

Can someone help me?
Are these worth anything?

9cgLgmk.jpg
fDdQyNZ.jpg

TqFLRv3.jpg

Kind of an AH noob here :p
Only have around 2.000,000 gold so yeah, not exactly rich.

windz

Working my way through act 4 NM on my wizard on HC. Will be on Hell soon.

If anyone has a char around act 4 nightmare on HC, feel free to add Windylisk#1593 or Windz#1764. Or any other D3 gaffers, I've got chars on both SC and HC if you are looking to group up :).

windz

As far as I can tell the servers are fine and have been for a while. Had 0 issues. Made my way through act 1-4 hell and am now on Inferno. Now for the fun part :p lol.

ferr

Just got my first Hellfire Ring and I like it!

gt0bxI4.png

I lose about 3k dmg replacing my rare ring, gain about 3k when replacing my Nat (after losing the +130 dex bonus). But it feels weird not wearing a nat ring.

Pretty good weekend. Beat the game on Normal and got my first legendary drop! But, it was a Required Level 16 Monk Helm that was beyond terrible. Had to be expected though since it dropped in Act 4 Normal. Oh well, it was still exciting.

Now into Nightmare. It is much faster being able to skip all the dialogue that's for sure.

Also been putting any rares that I get and won't use on the AH for 5k gold each(I am currently only Level 32, they are not good in anyway), seem to sell pretty quick. The ones that don't are the ones that even I think are terrible for low level so I just end up salvaging those.

Boom HC He'll down. Inferno has been much more slow going. I'm having to farm to buy stuff to advance, but I'm at a good level now and should be through act I soon though. Then back to farming lol

Boom HC He'll down. Inferno has been much more slow going. I'm having to farm to buy stuff to advance, but I'm at a good level now and should be through act I soon though. Then back to farming lol

Is there any bonus for playing HC; or is it just the excitement from the fear of knowing you die and it's game over?

ZenaxPure

Is there any bonus for playing HC; or is it just the excitement from the fear of knowing you die and it's game over?

Just the excitement of possibly dying constantly.

Just my personal take but it mostly feels like a change a pace from normal mode, instead of desiring to reach max level and experiment with the combat and trying to do max level stuff I get a lot more enjoyment out of simply making it to max level. Personally haven't had much desire to try and gear up a HC character or anything since you can lose the gear any time, but I mean you totally can if you want to.

Just the excitement of possibly dying constantly.

Just my personal take but it mostly feels like a change a pace from normal mode, instead of desiring to reach max level and experiment with the combat and trying to do max level stuff I get a lot more enjoyment out of simply making it to max level. Personally haven't had much desire to try and gear up a HC character or anything since you can lose the gear any time, but I mean you totally can if you want to.

Pretty much this. Though I plan on having two sets of gear for a re-roll off a possible death. I'll want to get multiple helfire rings for this as well. The AH environment is healthier at the current moment.

Basically, I've put close to 800 or so hours into my SC monk and SC WD. They're fun to take out right now, but they can both do MP10 and really have no where to go. Drops are tough in SC right now too.

It is a change of pace too. With SC it's run the most offensive build you can and run into the fray. With HC that's not an option. So I'm using different skills, like actually running my dogs and garg.

Also ... it's not as hardcore as it once was. The AH, even though healthier, is still full of stuff and farming to level isn't a giant chore it once was. The general nerfing of inferno with the addition of MP has helped as well.

Lol, fair point :p

My friend gave me a square emerald. Boosted my DPS from like 240 to 550ish. Feel like I have cheated.

It really only shines in normal and nightmare. By hell those flawless square gems start to actually drop in later levels. IMO, nightmare and normal being easy is a great opportunity for the player to experiment with different skills on their way up so it all evens out.

The real challenge is inferno.

I've never understood this complaint. I don't believe this game's issue is with the RMAH. I believe the game's issue is with the lack of a mechanism to take items out of the economy. This isn't as much of a concern with hardcore.

Loginius

I've never understood this complaint. I don't believe this game's issue is with the RMAH. I believe the game's issue is with the lack of a mechanism to take items out of the economy. This isn't as much of a concern with hardcore.
The game has many issues, the rmah is only one of them.
Getting rid of one of those problems, however minor it might be, is a bonus if you ask me.
And your right, the market isnt as saturated as in sc. Another + for hc.

ZenaxPure

The game has many issues, the rmah is only one of them.
Getting rid of one of those problems, however minor it might be, is a bonus if you ask me.
And your right, the market isnt as saturated as in sc. Another + for hc.

You realize if there was no RMAH it would just be people selling stuff in a lot more sketchy ways, right? At least the RMAH lowers the chance of those people being scammed.

Loginius

You realize if there was no RMAH it would just be people selling stuff in a lot more sketchy ways, right? At least the RMAH lowers the chance of those people being scammed.
I think it is not the responsibility of the devs to reduce the risk of people getting scammed buying items for real money.
If anything they should discourage the player to buy items, if you want that gear earn it ingame.
As is right now players that would have never bought items with rm are tempted because the option is right there in front of them with no risk of being scamed.

In other words they encourage the player to spend real money on ingame items.
And they even make a profit off of it.
Blizzard lost a lot of my respect for that.

ZenaxPure

I think it is not the responsibility of the devs to reduce the risk of people getting scammed buying items for real money.
If anything they should discourage the player to buy items, if you want that gear earn it ingame.
As is right now players that would have never bought items with rm are tempted because the option is right there in front of them with no risk of being scamed.

You are never going to be able to discourage people from wanting to pay real money to get ahead, even if the items were BoP it would just be like MMOs where people sell entire accounts to other people. People have been doing it forever and will keep doing it as well.

Loginius

You are never going to be able to discourage people from wanting to pay real money to get ahead, even if the items were BoP it would just be like MMOs where people sell entire accounts to other people. People have been doing it forever and will keep doing it as well.

I know, no reason to advertise it in your game and make it even simpler.
More people will do it if its part of the actual game.

The only thing Blizzard accomplished with this is that they get a share of the money and I think thats exactly what they were after.

Offering a risk free avenue for RM transactions (especially when portion of the base wants it) does not even come close to encouraging it's use.

All negative arguments regarding the RMAH always lead back to Blizz being greedy fucks and lowering the drop rates to intentionally force players into a pay to win system. I believe this to be a giant steaming pile of shit. This game generates a ton of wild hate though so I get that I might be alone in my assumption.

The only thing Blizzard accomplished with this is that they get a share of the money and I think thats exactly what they were after.

OK ... so how have the RMAH and the GAH negatively affected you?

ZenaxPure

This game generates a ton of wild hate though so I get that I might be alone in my assumption.

Not really, I mean read his posts, all he has said is that the RMAH is bad, but, he hasn't given a single reason as to WHY it is bad. Perhaps if he gave an actual reason we could all follow along and maybe even see his line of thinking, but, right now it's just baseless hate without a cause.

It really only shines in normal and nightmare. By hell those flawless square gems start to actually drop in later levels. IMO, nightmare and normal being easy is a great opportunity for the player to experiment with different skills on their way up so it all evens out.

The real challenge is inferno.

Cool thanks. Looking at your comments about the Legendaries above my bow's(with the gem mentioned earlier) expiry date definitely can't be too far off. Not even a 10th of those stats above and they are considered "terribad".

Not really, I mean read his posts, all he has said is that the RMAH is bad, but, he hasn't given a single reason as to WHY it is bad. Perhaps if he gave an actual reason we could all follow along and maybe even see his line of thinking, but, right now it's just baseless hate without a cause.

It's like you're reading my mind as I'm posting. lol I was writing my edit as you were typing this.

Loginius

I never said anything about any drop rates.

And of course they encourage it by making it part of the game.
I would have never even thought about selling my equipment in diablo 2.
Now I probably will sell a perfectly rolled legendary because its so god damn easy and in my face, no risks involved.

The same goes for quite a few people im pretty sure.

If the demand for a rmah was so big then ok, I dont believe it was and I dont think it should be in the game.

The way I see it the rmah is blizzards way of saying "you want pay to win? ok, there you go".

Edit:
should have read the next page as well :p
I dont "hate" it and like I said its a minor issue.
Thing is I dont like it because I think it further encourages pay to win. (I guess it also influences the worth of gold and items in the rest of the game but I didnt notice anything so that isnt really something that bothers me all that much)

You guys think its a good addition to the game then?
Why do you think so? Only because its a more secure way for ptw?

Cool thanks. Looking at your comments about the Legendaries above my bow's(with the gem mentioned earlier) expiry date definitely can't be too far off. Not even a 10th of those stats above and they are considered "terribad".

The stats on Inferno weapons and such do not scale with other difficulties. I think a 200 DPS weapon in hell is rocking. A 700 DPS weapon in inferno isn't as an example.

People have been in inferno for a while too. So when legendary items first started dropping, they were all rad. At least the ones after 1.0.4 were. Now, so many have dropped, that the market is flooded with just about everything. It's very rare to find a valuable drop on the SC game right now. Hence my move to HC for the time being.

Anyway, drops have to be near perfect for them to sell. The armor is nice, but it has NO AR. Back in the day someone might have sacrificed some AR for the set bonus, but that's not the case now.

As a general rule of thumb, most 2H weapons that aren't a SKORN are worthless. lol

Don't be discouraged though. You're still a ways off for Inferno AND, the market being saturated means you can buy good stuff for cheap now once you get there. At least this way you'll be level 60 and ready for the expansion when it comes. An itemization patch and an expansion should do wonders for the health of the AH.

I don't think much of it honestly because I don't really use it. Well not the RMAH at least. I use the GAH all the time. If someone wants to pay to win ... let em. I don't care. It doesn't affect my fun or playability at all. You'll be farming for a long time trying to find a drop that will sell too.

The main issue I have with the AH is that it's TOO efficient. I don't think Blizz thought about the ramifications an efficient AH would have on a gaming economy. That's where I think a massive need for creative ways to destroy gold and items are so needed. When everyone traded and bartered shit in D2, Blizz didn't have to think about it as much and It kinda bit them in he ass here.

If they came up with better ways to take items and gold out of the game though, I would have zero issues with the AH system.

ZenaxPure

The problem with your argument is that you still haven't actually made an argument. All you are saying is that the RMAH encourages people to buy stuff, that's not an argument, that is stating a fact. You need to tell us WHY people buying items harms YOUR PERSONAL enjoyment of the game.

We're all confused here.

V_Arnold

Edit:
should have read the next page as well :p
I dont "hate" it and like I said its a minor issue.
Thing is I dont like it because I think it further encourages pay to win. (I guess it also influences the worth of gold and items in the rest of the game but I didnt notice anything so that isnt really something that bothers me all that much)

My 2 cents: fuck saying PTW and pay-to-win. Fuck it, because for some people, TIME is a factor, for others, money is.

You call it pay to win, someone else calls it spending 15$ for being able to farm efficiently. RMAH certainly reveals our shortcomings as thinking meatbags, but it does not cause them.

It is not pay to win since we are not against each other in this game. It is pay to enjoy, for which you already had to pay ($60, in fact). Also, the idea of P2W usually involves a publisher selling stuff, not other players.

-----------------

I think of RMAH as Magic cards. Magic cards have value attached to them. Players actively trade based on values, sometimes (many times) with real money change taking place. That does not turn Magic into a P2W game. It does have costs and barriers (money-barriers) associated with the game, but a really good player could pretty much demolish any intermediate or beginner player even with a budget deck.

The problem with your argument is that you still haven't actually made an argument. All you are saying is that the RMAH encourages people to buy stuff, that's not an argument, that is stating a fact. You need to tell us WHY people buying items harms YOUR PERSONAL enjoyment of the game.

We're all confused here.

Best I can tell is he thinks Blizz sold out or something,.

Loginius

We're all confused here.
It doesnt, thats why I never said it.

I dont like that there is a AH in the game, the rmah is only part of that bigger problem (and I can list a bunch of reasons why I dont like the ah).

I actually dont like the rmah from a ethnic/gamedesigners perspective.
Using the fact that part of my playerbase likes to trade/sell items as means to make money is something I find, for the lack of a better word, "disgusting".
V_Arnold actually hits the nail on the head with his magic cards example,as far as I know Wizards of the Coast dont take percentages of every card traded/sold, they sell the boosters and are done with it.

Regarding the rest of your post V_Arnold:
If you dont have time why would you want to "farm efficiently"?
I dont get it, why not farm for the gear you want to have instead of buying it with real money and then what? Farm until you can sell the gear you found "farming efficiently" in the rmah (after all you already bought gear good enought to "farm efficiently")?
The reason I play/played diablo seems to drastically differ from the reason you play it.
To me it seems as illogical as paying to be lvl 60.

No offence to anyone btw. I think its quite interessting to hear your oppinions and can respect them even if I dont agree.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
"I can't keep up with those rich folks who can afford the better stuff. My character sucks, I'll never catch up, I hate this game"

For many, the enjoyment of the game is derived from the character's status (power relative to others). For someone who's poor in real life, they no longer have the ability to escape and reign supreme in this virtual arena.

Skab

So, came across an old Jay quote that supports my hopes of the Necro coming back in the expansion.

"There's a lot of people on our team who aren't happy with our class choices, but after we've established 'Diablo III' as its own game with its own type of gameplay and experiences, I wouldn't be opposed to looking at old classes. We are trying to design the Witch Doctor class so that if we did bring back the Necromancer, there's room for him. We're looking out ahead of time at what our expansions are going to be, so we've got to keep room open for some of those other classes down the road."

I will continue to set myself up for disappointment.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The twist? The necromancer is a STR-based bone golem

Seriously, I think there's a pretty strong chance of getting a shadow knight equivalent, probably some story tie-in to the darker aspects of the Templar order.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Xpac is going to bring back the Paladin

The twist? It's the WoW paladin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom