• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys do we know yet how paragon levels will scale to the 2.0 update/ RoS extension ? I wonder if it's best to farm low levels paragons on alt characters or if I should keep leveling my main...

Jrmint

Guys do we know yet how paragon levels will scale to the 2.0 update/ RoS extension ? I wonder if it's best to farm low levels paragons on alt characters or if I should keep leveling my main...
They said they're going to add the total amount of experience you've gotten on all your characters, not the levels.

The lower levels take much less experience, so grinding higher levels would probably make more sense.

Just grind as much as you can, the lower levels feel better cause theres more progress happening. I think I'll go to around 50 on all of the other accounts.

MrDaravon

Gatdamn, Boj Anglers making a comeback. Want.

And here's a stream of the console version (PS3) if anyone is interested:
http://www.twitch.tv/zwuckel

I actually almost just bought a pair on the AH on the PC version haha. Leveling up a Wizard at the moment and just hit 39, it's been interesting. I generally really hate mage-type classes in games so I hadn't touched the Wizard or Witch Doctor yet but figured I should at least get both of them up to 60 for the expansion if nothing else. Still not a huge fan, but I really enjoy disintegrate + slow time + frost nova. I actually really have no idea exactly what level 60 builds are comprised of other than I always hear people complaining about their hands hurting and/or crazy macro, so we'll see how that goes. It'll be educational if nothing else.

alife

Yea I'm strongly considering double dipping after watching these streams. Console looks so fun.
I was a bit iffy about using a controller but damn... not bad.. looks pretty fine.
It looks so fun because of them loots yo. Haha.

You don't have to identify Rares...

Blizzard plz!!!

dot.

I actually almost just bought a pair on the AH on the PC version haha. Leveling up a Wizard at the moment and just hit 39, it's been interesting. I generally really hate mage-type classes in games so I hadn't touched the Wizard or Witch Doctor yet but figured I should at least get both of them up to 60 for the expansion if nothing else. Still not a huge fan, but I really enjoy disintegrate + slow time + frost nova. I actually really have no idea exactly what level 60 builds are comprised of other than I always hear people complaining about their hands hurting and/or crazy macro, so we'll see how that goes. It'll be educational if nothing else.

Boj Anglers were my favorite boots before all the changes.. Zunimassa's Journey were the shit too. Those need to come back with like 300 INT.

Wizard is pretty fun, but nowhere near as badass and diverse as the Sorc in D2. I enjoyed leveling my Wiz actually, but when you hit 60 and you're forced to use either CM or Archon build, it's kinda meh. Yeah.. people who use the Critical Mass build have to mash 4 buttons at once, gets pretty boring and it's killer on anyone with carpal tunnel. I switched to Archon which makes farming/clearing mobs helluva lot smoother but all I do is blast a Kamehameha all day.

MrDaravon

Boj Anglers were my favorite boots before all the changes.. Zunimassa's Journey were the shit too. Those need to come back with like 300 INT.

Wizard is pretty fun, but nowhere near as badass and diverse as the Sorc in D2. I enjoyed leveling my Wiz actually, but when you hit 60 and you're forced to use either CM or Archon build, it's kinda meh. Yeah.. people who use the Critical Mass build have to mash 4 buttons at once, gets pretty boring and it's killer on anyone with carpal tunnel. I switched to Archon which makes farming/clearing mobs helluva lot smoother but all I do is blast a Kamehameha all day.

I never played D2 (which maybe explains my enjoyment/tolerance of D3?) so I don't have that comparison, but yeah I'm not super thrilled with what I've heard about the 60 Wizard builds. With all characters sharing your Paragon level once the patch hits kinda kills any thought I have of going too far past 60. I'll probably clear Inferno with her and maybe spend a bit of money (like 20 mil or something) to decently gear her for low MP clearing and leave it at that until the patch hits.

ZenaxPure

I've been running with a black ice/blizzard build on my Wizard. It's certainly not as consistent as CM or Archon (I guess anyway, I have no experience of high MP play of either spec) but I've actually been having a lot of fun with it (as I don't enjoy playing CM or Archon in the least). When you're fighting out in the open it can be somewhat sketchy but if you're in a tight corridor or can create a choke point between objects you can completely melt elite/champions in a matter of seconds if you gather some white mobs before hand since the puddles from black ice appear to stack.

I can only do MP 3 or 4 right now with ease (ease meaning I kill enemies extremely fast and rarely die) and 5/6 gives me a challenge (doesn't help I am still extremely new to playing the spec either). I only spent about 15 mil or so on his gear though, so nothing special.

Anyway, point being is you have a few other options if you don't want to go CM/Archon. I don't mind trading off some speed or survivability to actually have fun myself though /shrug.

alife

I miss my Hydra/Blizzard/Piercing Orb build, was fun to level with. Using Ice Ray with Cold Blooded passive was awesome too but Blizzard failed to design any build diversity, so that's why it seems forced to be using a CM or Archon build (e.g. Hydra is pretty useless at this point).

Dunno if this has been posted already or not but deeeeyyuuummmm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNKFMt2xHVg

Nifty :)

Cipherr

Already hacked character profiles for the console version.

Streamers have been talking about online games they joined that had hacked characters on them that were wrecking everything.

Shits barely even released yet. Its crazy how fast these things happen these days.

lordy88

w00t:
http://i.imgur.com/cr2NXmx.jpg

I'm heading over to the 360 version now but I'll be back for RoS.

Pardon me, but I'm trying ton conceive how you hit paragon 100 while on Outlook road.

With two zombies still standing, I'll allow that maybe you killed one or two since you created that game.

That would mean you were 1 or two kills short of paragon 100 in your previous game, yet you decided, instead of going anywhere in that act to achieve your goal, you elected to start a fresh game from the very beginning of Act 1.

Who are you?

Congrats!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Already hacked character profiles for the console version.

Streamers have been talking about online games they joined that had hacked characters on them that were wrecking everything.

Shits barely even released yet. Its crazy how fast these things happen these days.

I'm really looking forward to the videos of hacked characters. Curious to see what sort of things people can put together - custom legendaries with all the effects combined, spawning all the angel/demon/skeleton pets, piercing from Buriza, things like that.

MrDaravon

I took today off for an extended weekend and a chance to veg out all day playing games. I'm met with server maintenance.

Ps3 time I guess.

Same here, except my console copy is still in the mail; if it comes today it'll be another 3-4 hours :(

Also Josh seems to be teasing on twitter that PC maybe is getting Loot 2.0 sooner rather than later?

Release day!!! Welcome to Hell console players... stay a while and button mash. Fret not PC loyalists, lots of surprises inbound... soon.

He's had a few other tweets like this in the last day or two as well. I'm seeing a lot of PC players who (legitimately or not) are pretty upset about the changes rolled out on the console version, so hopefully they can get some of this stuff out soonish on PC.

Shifty76

Goofing around with a nirvana spec on my monk as I was getting bored with the same old FoT/SW builds.

Holy crap that spike damage is freakin insane! Plus, if you trip an empowered shrine you can nirvana non-stop. Probably the highest spike dps in the game for that window that nirvana is active (d3up tells me I'm doing around 9m dps!)

Paired with a CoB doc last night and we took down a champ charger pack in under 5 seconds (MP10)

Link to gear/spec if anyone's curious (note that my gear isn't terribly optimised for this spec yet: http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla

imotep

Neo Member
Hey guys, been away from the game for a while but decided to get back into it. As a barbarian what gems do I want to socket with now vitality, strength or other?

xero273

Same here, except my console copy is still in the mail; if it comes today it'll be another 3-4 hours :(

Also Josh seems to be teasing on twitter that PC maybe is getting Loot 2.0 sooner rather than later?

He's had a few other tweets like this in the last day or two as well. I'm seeing a lot of PC players who (legitimately or not) are pretty upset about the changes rolled out on the console version, so hopefully they can get some of this stuff out soonish on PC.

blizzard timeline = december or sometime in 2014 :(

They could throw us a bone to tide us over until the expansion. Level scaled legendaries would be be enough IMO.

Dahbomb

Quite a lot of really nice features on the console version that I hope make it into the PC version.

*Nephalem Glory
*Being able to label "Junk" on your inventory and then sell all of it at once
*Scaling Legendaries (this is coming)
*Smart drops (this is coming)
*Combat Roll
*Only needing 2 gems to upgrade to the next, even at higher gem quality
*One type of Potion throughout that heals you for 60% health
*Offline mode and LAN play
*Lower crafting costs with better chance of crafting something better
*No AH/RMAH (will not happen on PC version)
*No need to identify Rares
*Minor boss changes (like Siegebreaker has more enemies around him now)
*Account wide Paragon levels (coming to PC version)
*Vendors sell Rares more often
*Completing Quests gives you an item, occasionally a Rare

So they incluyed some borderlands 2 mechanics in the loot system, nice.

I really want to buy the console version but I am afraid they would announce a Diablo 3 RoS console version soon.

Sothpaw

So they incluyed some borderlands 2 mechanics in the loot system, nice.

I really want to buy the console version but I am afraid they would announce a Diablo 3 RoS console version soon.

ROS isnt coming to console until well after the pc so its still a long way off.

Saya

Just started Diablo 3 again. I hadn't played it since around launch time. Still love it. The drops seem a lot better now this time around? I'm playing a DH and I find a lot of stuff with dex. Haven't had to use the AH yet, so that's nice. I always find something to upgrade.

Game is still a blast. Really like it and perfect for short bursts of playing time.

V_Arnold

Console Diablo 3 feeling > PC Diablo 3 feeling.

I went through the seven stages of grief since the announcement of the console port.

But I will not stray too far, my Lord Tyrael, for I will be back to the pc biz' with RoS DAY FUCKING -200 (Hoping for a beta access, If the heavens favor me.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I've got a question about gearing.

My WD and DH can each do MP5 solo with low-medium effort. We tried MP8 last night to do IM runs, but I was getting one shot like a little bitch. I mean, trash mobs were just pooping all over me.

What is the break point? Like, my gear isn't spectacular or anything, but I like to think its decent. I just am not sure how I'm supposed to kit myself out to be able to regularly farm some of those crazy MP levels.

My profile is under nicoga3000#1757 if anyone wants to look there. There's such a bizarre jump in difficulty at the point I'm at. I'm unsure if I should just farm for lucky drops or what.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Console Diablo 3 feeling > PC Diablo 3 feeling.

I went through the seven stages of grief since the announcement of the console port.

But I will not stray too far, my Lord Tyrael, for I will be back to the pc biz' with RoS DAY FUCKING -200 (Hoping for a beta access, If the heavens favor me.)

Yeah, that's why I'm not even considering getting the console version of D3. Sure it might be better right now, and it certainly is a much better game, but the PC version's time is coming. I simply can't afford the time to invest into multiple versions of the game, so I'm sticking it out with the PC version. And I'll slog through it for now, just to level alts and build paragon levels, and selling any good loot I come across instead of using it because once RoS hits all of the loot I'm now finding will be junk anyway so I might as well liquidate it all for gold while I can.

I really wish they would give the PC version an AH-less mode though that mimicked the console style, because that just seems like so much more fun than what we got. :(

BFIB

After picking D3 back up over the last few weeks and leveling my Monk to lvl 60, I think I'm heading to the console version.

The loot is still not good enough, I'm still relying on AH for certain things, and having a few friends already tell me how great the loot in the console version is, I think its time to switch.

I wish an announcement would come for RoS announcing that there is a version that is playable without the need for the AH, but I just don't see it happening. It almost feels like the console version is the true successor to D2. Which is a shame, because PC D3 is a blast to play when your character has good gear, but I just hate feeling hadicapped by the AH.

Josh Mosqueira made a number of tweets hinting that Loot 2.0 is coming soon (actually soon or Blizzard soon is up to you), although Lylirra said he was just hyping and clarified that console loot is not Loot 2.0. She also didn't count out a release this year, though.

I'm hoping they don't save all these revamps for a typical pre-expansion patch a month before launch. The features don't seem as dependent on one another as, say, the overhaul dependent on the new SC2 UI that came out in February. I thinking having Loot 2.0 and the RoS beta launch at the end of the year followed by Paragon 2.0 early next year would be a perfect way to get people investing a lot of time in the game again, in my opinion.

After picking D3 back up over the last few weeks and leveling my Monk to lvl 60, I think I'm heading to the console version.

The loot is still not good enough, I'm still relying on AH for certain things, and having a few friends already tell me how great the loot in the console version is, I think its time to switch.

I wish an announcement would come for RoS announcing that there is a version that is playable without the need for the AH, but I just don't see it happening. It almost feels like the console version is the true successor to D2. Which is a shame, because PC D3 is a blast to play when your character has good gear, but I just hate feeling hadicapped by the AH.

We're still waiting on the loot system the console version has. Or some version of it .... :(

Josh Mosqueira made a number of tweets hinting that Loot 2.0 is coming soon (actually soon or Blizzard soon is up to you), although Lylirra said he was just hyping and clarified that console loot is not Loot 2.0. She also didn't count out a release this year, though.

I'm hoping they don't save all these revamps for a typical pre-expansion patch a month before launch. The features don't seem as dependent on one another as, say, the overhaul dependent on the new SC2 UI that came out in February. I thinking having Loot 2.0 and the RoS beta launch at the end of the year followed by Paragon 2.0 early next year would be a perfect way to get people investing a lot of time in the game again, in my opinion.

Man this isn't like a given?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I would be beyond shocked if loot 2.0 (or any major pre-xpac changes) come this year, or even early next year.

Radec

hey barb gaf, any suggestions or advice for a barb build in this version ?

My build was mainly on double tornado but since I haven't followed D3 in months I don't know what optimal build now. I can do MP4 fine with 1-2 deaths per run.

2gGTHrr.jpg

Don't have much gold though. :/

thanks.

hey barb gaf, any suggestions or advice for a barb build in this version ?

My build was mainly on double tornado but since I haven't followed D3 in months I don't know what optimal build now. I can do MP4 fine with 1-2 deaths per run.

Don't have much gold though. :/

thanks.

For one you should probably use an emerald instead of an amethyst in your main hand. You can get vit elsewhere on your gear. You can't get crit damage like the gem will give you anywhere else.

ZenaxPure

For one you should probably use an emerald instead of an amethyst in your main hand. You can get vit elsewhere on your gear. You can't get crit damage like the gem will give you anywhere else.

Don't forget a purple for weapon is LoH, not vit. That said, yeah, you should change it to a crit gem.

You just need a new main hand weapon, like really bad. I'd suggest getting an Echoing Fury. Just doing a quick search of the US AH you can get one better than your current mace for like 100k gold. If you're willing to spend a bit more you can find something that will last a long time. That alone should probably give you a huge dps boost. You probably do need a bit more LoH after removing the gem, though. I think your neck piece might be the easiest piece to upgrade for that.

If you are willing to give up the all resist on your neck (which imo as a WW barb huge LoH gain is > 43 AR you get from yours) you can get one fairly cheaply. You also have a lot of crit chance (especially with the overpower rune you run) so if you really need to save money you could find a cheap neck that was just str, LoH, and crit damage.

Anyway, I think the absolute most important thing is that you need a new weapon to replace your mace. You only have 500 less str than me but my barb has literally over double your barb's dps, a lot of that I assume is using a cheap 1140 dps Echoing with a crit damage gem.

My main fear for Paragon 2.0 is that it's likely to become another way for everybody to be the same in the current state of the game. The no brainer choices will be putting points into your main stat, CC, CD, and eventually movement speed. Most people will be comfortably 'capped' at PLevel 100-200. On that note, it does seem a bit silly to boast about infinite Paragon levels when all of your stats will eventually cap (at level 800, assuming the four categories have four stats each with 50 possible allocations), and every level after that is worthless.

I'm anxious for more clarification and information, and hopefully it comes before BlizzCon. A two month period of silence won't be good in keeping hopes up.

Radec

Don't forget a purple for weapon is LoH, not vit. That said, yeah, you should change it to a crit gem.

You just need a new main hand weapon, like really bad. I'd suggest getting an Echoing Fury. Just doing a quick search of the US AH you can get one better than your current mace for like 100k gold. If you're willing to spend a bit more you can find something that will last a long time. That alone should probably give you a huge dps boost. You probably do need a bit more LoH after removing the gem, though. I think your neck piece might be the easiest piece to upgrade for that.

If you are willing to give up the all resist on your neck (which imo as a WW barb huge LoH gain is > 43 AR you get from yours) you can get one fairly cheaply. You also have a lot of crit chance (especially with the overpower rune you run) so if you really need to save money you could find a cheap neck that was just str, LoH, and crit damage.

Anyway, I think the absolute most important thing is that you need a new weapon to replace your mace. You only have 500 less str than me but my barb has literally over double your barb's dps, a lot of that I assume is using a cheap 1140 dps Echoing with a crit damage gem.

I see, thanks man, will try it out.

Dahbomb

My main fear for Paragon 2.0 is that it's likely to become another way for everybody to be the same in the current state of the game. The no brainer choices will be putting points into your main stat, CC, CD, and eventually movement speed. Most people will be comfortably 'capped' at PLevel 100-200. On that note, it does seem a bit silly to boast about infinite Paragon levels when all of your stats will eventually cap (at level 800, assuming the four categories have four stats each with 50 possible allocations), and every level after that is worthless.

I'm anxious for more clarification and information, and hopefully it comes before BlizzCon. A two month period of silence won't be good in keeping hopes up.
I am almost 90% sure that the uncapped Paragon level is more of a way for them to set up a Ladder system based on total experience gained. In the current system once you get lvl100 Paragon that's it, you have essentially caught up with all those other players who have P100 experience wise. With no cap on Paragon level you can basically rank people based on what Paragon level they are and their experience gain.

Also a ton of the newer Legendaries (or old technically speaking) have movement speed bonuses. I would imagine that they would increase the cap but it still would be pretty easy to reach max cap.

I am almost 90% sure that the uncapped Paragon level is more of a way for them to set up a Ladder system based on total experience gained. In the current system once you get lvl100 Paragon that's it, you have essentially caught up with all those other players who have P100 experience wise. With no cap on Paragon level you can basically rank people based on what Paragon level they are and their experience gain.

Also a ton of the newer Legendaries (or old technically speaking) have movement speed bonuses. I would imagine that they would increase the cap but it still would be pretty easy to reach max cap.

I can understand that, although we're still waiting on a possible ladder announcement. I'm guessing if they do exist it's their big bombshell for BlizzCon.

On my previous post a while back, Lylirra unfortunately clarified they've only releasing all the new features together in the pre-expansion patch (practically guaranteed a month before launch), but that they're considering doing Twitch streams to show off new features. Still, I really hope they don't plan to let D3 sit for nearly a year without any new content or patches.

I see, thanks man, will try it out.

I might consider looking into a IK belt. You can get a decent one with vit on it for about 2million or so. The LS would make up for the LOH loss on switching that gem to a green.

Other than this I completely agree that your weapons needed upgrading stat. I think people are using echoing fury in their offhand??? I'm not a barb, so you might want to clear that up with someone. It looks like your offhand is more of a stat stick anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom