• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting a Demon Hunter on the PS3 version. Can anyone tell me some of the more popular builds? I usually play Witch Doctor

My sincere advice is to play around with all the skills and runes while leveling. The variety makes it interesting. You only have to worry about having a 'good build' when you're 60 and doing mid to high MP inferno.

ZenaxPure

Other than this I completely agree that your weapons needed upgrading stat. I think people are using echoing fury in their offhand??? I'm not a barb, so you might want to clear that up with someone. It looks like your offhand is more of a stat stick anyway.

They might be I am not sure since I just came back to the game myself from a pretty long break, but, I think at this point for him it would be an upgrade regardless of where he put it. In the long run I'd try to upgrade both weapons but he only has 6 mil gold, so, might not be realistic currently.

Shifty76

Hey Fenderputty, and whatever other monks might be kicking around here:

I highly recommend trying out that nirvana spec - it's amazing!

My actual dps with the trusty old FoT/SW build is around 2.5 million or so (base sheet dps 203k)

My actual dps with Nirvana for the window that buffs are up is around 9 million! (base sheet dps 223k - only change in gear is a different helm and an EF in place of WKL)

I'm still optimising gear for the new build but am pretty sure that with a couple of affordable changes I can bump that up to over 10 mil dps.

Of course, dps when nirvana is not up is pretty terrible, but as it is I can finish of most MP10 elite packs in 2 cycles (sometimes 1 cycle), so under 20 secs easy, or under 5 secs if one cycle)

*edit* link to spec is handy: http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla-nirvana

Dahbomb

I am just going to leave this here:

sU3skQg.png

foladar

Oh, that weapon looks familiar. Keep in mind the dps is reflecting the red gem, I believe it was ~1950 before gem. The skorn was still better, though. I'll be uploading the rest of my console loots later tonight. And then farming for another 6-8 hours.

I haven't logged in since...maybe February. I don't know how much gold I have either, I'll assume it's probably < 1m

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ihaveabeard-1932/hero/2490786

anything I should look out for/change?

Thanks!

This questions keeps popping up.

I honestly think you should craft some of the craftable lvl63 items. Especially your ammy and shoulders, but probably your bracers and gloves too eventually. That and upgrading your gems and getting an INNAS chest piece. You should be able to find cheap ones and it will get you around 250+ dex with the set bonus you're about to have.

However, with news of loot 2.0 and the expansion, one has to keep in mind that most of what we're wearing now will be worthless very soon. So spend money wisely if at all.

Right now I'm pretty much selling what I find and farming for exp. I haven't even thought about upgrading anyone except for my HC WD right now. That being said, if you're not farming MP5 + comfortably, I would try and upgrade as cheaply as possible to get to that point so you're ahead of a curve when loot 2.0 and the exp hits.

M4shy

Neo Member
How am I doing GAF? I can farm ML5 with no issues. Think I'd be able to do 6-7, maybe 8?
T4Rq4Kk.jpg

Armory link.
I'm working to the hellfire ring.. though it's taking some time!

ZenaxPure

How am I doing GAF? I can farm ML5 with no issues. Think I'd be able to do 6-7, maybe 8?

You might be able to, I've never tried 2h ww personally so I don't know how it feels, but, regardless you should upgrade the rest of your gems to stars at least. You have plenty of gold and the gems will keep being good even if you find better pieces of gear.

JoeMartin

Waiting for the revamped loot system while the console launches with an intact loot system has been a bummer.

That weapon could be rad though. Don't some COB WD' use 2h weapons with red gems in em?

Yeah, but with no LS it's useless for WD.

And even though the raw DPS is impressive, with no CHD or LS the item as a whole is less than impressive. Like already mentioned, the ~200% CHD off even a 1400 dps Skorn would easily outpace this.

Yeah, but with no LS it's useless for WD.

And even though the raw DPS is impressive, with no CHD or LS the item as a whole is less than impressive. Like already mentioned, the ~200% CHD off even a 1400 dps Skorn would easily outpace this.

Isn't that only the case if the WD has a ton of CC? Though you're 100% correct about the lack of LS.

mercviper

Started playing again and I'm loving the QoL changes they've made.

Had 4mil to get my monk up to par and now I think I'm doing pretty good. I can do most MP7 easily, with minor trouble on elites if the affixes are bad.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/3497920
http://d3up.com/b/1029411/aang

Sold some trifecta ammy I found for 103m after fees (or maybe it was quadfecta) which has bankrolled the rest of my upgrades so far. Of that, I still have 70m left (10m went to my WD) and I'm looking for what to upgrade next. Thoughts?

I'm thinking I should just be crafting amulets and gloves for now. Other things I'm looking at are a new WKL, a MH with LS, and rings, but all that's really expensive and I can probably only afford to get 1-2 of those. Also looking to get a new Radiance with LpSS so I can swap away from transcendence as a passive, or is that just a really bad idea?

Shifty76

Started playing again and I'm loving the QoL changes they've made.

Had 4mil to get my monk up to par and now I think I'm doing pretty good. I can do most MP7 easily, with minor trouble on elites if the affixes are bad.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MercViper-1232/hero/3497920
http://d3up.com/b/1029411/aang

Sold some trifecta ammy I found for 103m after fees (or maybe it was quadfecta) which has bankrolled the rest of my upgrades so far. Of that, I still have 70m left (10m went to my WD) and I'm looking for what to upgrade next. Thoughts?

I'm thinking I should just be crafting amulets and gloves for now. Other things I'm looking at are a new WKL, a MH with LS, and rings, but all that's really expensive and I can probably only afford to get 1-2 of those. Also looking to get a new Radiance with LpSS so I can swap away from transcendence as a passive, or is that just a really bad idea?

Transcendence as a passive is pretty weak in general. Exception being for INVIS and his 500k dps nirvana monk with no LS.

If you want more dps for free, switch out transcendence for combo strike and BoH for WofHF:BF. That's another 18k more dps over what you'd get with BoH (using those buffs only - even more with overawe and bf factored in)

It looks like your OWE resists are all over the place. Consolidate those into ONE resist type. I'd probably pick poison since that helm is solid.

No dex or resist to speak of on your Witching Hour so I'd grab one of those with 80+ dex and 45+ poison resist (if that's the OWE resist you end up going with)

Inna's pants I'd switch to a dex/vit pair. Be sure to get 9 IAS. Price goes up by an insane amount past about 120 dex / 80 vit so I'd look around those values and see what you can get for cheap.

Rare ring: Was that from your barb or wizard? You want DEX not STR or INT! Also, avg dmg is about the second biggest dps contributor you can get. Search for 40+ avg dmg, 70+ dex, 4.5+ cc then either 30+ cd or 8+ ias - either works.

Litany: I'd replace it with a rare similar to what I mentioned above, but maybe see if you can get some poison resist on it to make up for the lost AR from the Litany.

Weapons: You really want sockets on both, or at the very least LS plus a solid CD roll. Spears are slow. Slow attacks mean less spirit generated, less cyclones spawned, less life steal...you get the idea. You can get swords/fists with cd/ls and socket with around 1k dps for around 30m if you shop around. Skip dex as that jacks the price up.

WKL you can get LS/socket ones with around 750 dps for under 20m last time I checked. Get as much +lightning skills dmg as you can find.

Anyway, here's my monk when running WKL if you're interested: http://d3up.com/b/1033465/shyla-fot-sw-spec

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If you're not too much in a hurry I can help for free. Once you have the gear and get to nightmare it goes extremely fast.

What gear should I get, just a set of Cains? No rush at all Ikuu#2818 is my code.

mercviper

Transcendence as a passive is pretty weak in general. Exception being for INVIS and his 500k dps nirvana monk with no LS.

If you want more dps for free, switch out transcendence for combo strike and BoH for WofHF:BF. That's another 18k more dps over what you'd get with BoH (using those buffs only - even more with overawe and bf factored in)

It looks like your OWE resists are all over the place. Consolidate those into ONE resist type. I'd probably pick poison since that helm is solid.

No dex or resist to speak of on your Witching Hour so I'd grab one of those with 80+ dex and 45+ poison resist (if that's the OWE resist you end up going with)

Inna's pants I'd switch to a dex/vit pair. Be sure to get 9 IAS. Price goes up by an insane amount past about 120 dex / 80 vit so I'd look around those values and see what you can get for cheap.

Rare ring: Was that from your barb or wizard? You want DEX not STR or INT! Also, avg dmg is about the second biggest dps contributor you can get. Search for 40+ avg dmg, 70+ dex, 4.5+ cc then either 30+ cd or 8+ ias - either works.

Litany: I'd replace it with a rare similar to what I mentioned above, but maybe see if you can get some poison resist on it to make up for the lost AR from the Litany.

Weapons: You really want sockets on both, or at the very least LS plus a solid CD roll. Spears are slow. Slow attacks mean less spirit generated, less cyclones spawned, less life steal...you get the idea. You can get swords/fists with cd/ls and socket with around 1k dps for around 30m if you shop around. Skip dex as that jacks the price up.

WKL you can get LS/socket ones with around 750 dps for under 20m last time I checked. Get as much +lightning skills dmg as you can find.

Anyway, here's my monk when running WKL if you're interested: http://d3up.com/b/1033465/shyla-fot-sw-spec

Thanks for the tips. I more or less know what I need, just trying to work with my 60mil budget. Poison is my OWE resist and I just counted the pieces I had a different one as a dead stat when I bought it. Like the tal's chest has lightning, but I picked it up because it was 2mil, which I figure I could flip once I found one with poison on it.

Transcendence I pick because my eHP is low and I enjoy the at-will healing it gives me during a prolonged fight. I guess getting both MH and OH with LS would be another way solve that. I did just spend 10mil to effectively gain 1 socket, move my LS to my MH, and gain 5% more lightning dmg on my WKL, only lost about 100 dps on the WKL, which I figure isn't too significant. Correct me if I'm wrong on that count.

Looking to win another couple auctions with the rings for another 10mil, so that's 20 so far.

Pants gets to about 15mil for something that's 100/80 dex/vit. That puts me at 35.

Who knows how much a good witching hour would cost me. -_- I picked up the one I had because it had max rolls on ias/chd and had a little bit of all res on it for 3mil. Seemed flippable and would tide me over til I got something better.

Just looked it up and I see one for 15mil with the poison resist. Not too bad. I do kinda want to eventually switch away from OWE as well though, which is another reason I haven't cared too much about getting poison res only. I'm also a little stacked on resists so I figured I could drop some.

I may want to splurge on some higher quality items, but that just means I have to pick and choose between each item I need to upgrade. In which case I think I should focus first on the rings, then witching hour, followed by pants and lastly fixing weapons (since I just did that).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have any tips on how I can improve?

Witch Doctor - I can do MP4-5 with him, but it's still a little dangerous. I may need to change some gear and/or respec.

Demon Hunter - I was farming MP6 keys tonight with him. It was going pretty OK. I was dying to some elite packs, but it wasn't terrible. I'd like to be able to deal with MP6 more comfortably, maybe move up to 7-8. We plan to do Ubers tomorrow, so if there's anything I can buy or craft to put him into that range, that'd be sweet.

Anyone have any tips on how I can improve?

Witch Doctor - I can do MP4-5 with him, but it's still a little dangerous. I may need to change some gear and/or respec.

Demon Hunter - I was farming MP6 keys tonight with him. It was going pretty OK. I was dying to some elite packs, but it wasn't terrible. I'd like to be able to deal with MP6 more comfortably, maybe move up to 7-8. We plan to do Ubers tomorrow, so if there's anything I can buy or craft to put him into that range, that'd be sweet.

Ok I can try and give you some tips here but keep in mind that WD is my newest class and while DH is my oldest, it's also the one I've played the least recently so all in all this is kind of newbie advice.

For your WD, you should try to get your DPS higher. That means stacking intelligence as much as possible. Your amulet for example has attack speed and no int at all. That is not ideal for a WD. In fact, you should try and minimize IAS on a WD as it makes mana management a problem. I would also consider getting a Zuni Pox ring so that you can free up your mojo slot for a Thing of the Deep. Your current mojo is quite decent but Thing of the Deep usually rolls with higher stats and also comes with something like 20 pickup radius on it. This has great synergy with Grave Injustice and is really helpful in group play because it lowers your cooldowns drastically. You need more int and less IAS on your gloves as well. Consider crafting gloves and an amulet if you can afford it and you're feeling lucky. Try and get pants with higher int and vit while keeping 2 gem slots. Your rings both need more CC and CD and less IAS (Zuni's Pox is an amazing ring in general so it's worth having that anyway). Also try and see if you can get a weapon with int on it. Your all res also seems to be a little on the low side considering you're getting 50AR free from your set bonus. For skills, consider using the dogs to get 10% damage reduction. Also firebats with the lifesteal rune would help in staying alive if you have trouble at higher MPs. Try to aim for 2400-2500 int + 400-600 from soul harvest. I think that should be good enough for MP6/7.

Your DH badly needs more HP. Higher MP play is all about having the defensive stats to survive incoming damage. Remove the red gem in the helm and replace it with a purple. I'm not too familiar with the build you're running but your stats seem pretty decent other than your vit/hp. The real challenge for you will be how to get more vit onto your gear while maintaining your current dex/armor/AR etc. This is especially going to be a problem since DH gear is very expensive. You should also look into getting some more CC/CD if possible as that will dramatically boost your DPS output.

I'm personally not very happy with where my DH is right now. My 100-120k DPS monk/wizard/WD are much easier to play in MP5-7 than my 170k DH. And any upgrades for the DH are way more expensive than any other class. So yesterday I tried an experiment which you could consider as well (especially since you have such a high attack speed). I replaced my Manticore (which is similar to yours) for a Windforce bow with a socket. A Windforce rolls with IAS, lifesteal, passive hatred regen and knockback by default. They've completely fallen out of favor with the DH community and thus can be picked up for pretty cheap (a 1200dps bow was available for 150k and the 1310dps one I got with high rolls was under 5m). On paper it was a 30k dps drop from my Manticore but after the passive 15% damage kicks in it was about -18k DPS or so. The trade is that with shadow power + the bow's lifesteal I had a much easier time surviving in MP7 even though my DPS contribution to the group was obviously less. Also, if you run in a group, the knockback can be pretty annoying as others will have to chase down the targets you hit. On the other hand, if you play solo then the knockback is a very handy thing so choose accordingly. I switched to rapid fire so with high IAS and high CC/CD I can get hp back pretty fast and the nightstalker passive lets me keep shadow power on permanently (or close enough) if I want to. It's at least worth trying out to see if it helps you on higher MPs, especially if you run in a group and have someone else to take up the slack :p

Here's my WD for comparison - http://d3up.com/b/1031798

And my DH - http://d3up.com/b/1019935

I would also appreciate any advice for my DH from you guys. From my limited inferno experience with all the classes I think Demon Hunters are in the most trouble out of the 5 classes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the tips. I ended up making some pretty dramatic changes and went to the CoB cookie cutter build.

Carlos - I was able to farm MP7 with ease. Well, ease...Knockback Plague Desecrator combo is brutal. I need more HP, but that will come. I did a little MP10 and was fine, just need the HP to sustain the spike damage and the projectiles.

Yup those are great changes. You went from 46k dps/150k ehp to 140k dps/300k ehp. How much did those pants cost you? I'm trying to find an upgrade to the ones I'm using on my WD right now but it's just so damn expensive. In fact, how much did this whole makeover cost you?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Not a bad day today, won 100m in a giveaway (most I've ever had was like 7m), got my WD powerleveled to 60 and fitted out. What should I be looking to upgrade here? I wasn't sure on the pants, different guides were suggesting different ones. Managed to grab the helm for 2m which seems like a nice find, all the others with crit started at 20m.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yup those are great changes. You went from 46k dps/150k ehp to 140k dps/300k ehp. How much did those pants cost you? I'm trying to find an upgrade to the ones I'm using on my WD right now but it's just so damn expensive. In fact, how much did this whole makeover cost you?

I spent around 200m for the entire outfit, but I went a bit overboard and luxury on some of the stuff. I could have gone a little less stat here and there, but I said fuck it.

The pants alone cost me 22m. There were some similar options for less than that, but like I said - I had the funds so why not.

Not a bad day today, won 100m in a giveaway (most I've ever had was like 7m), got my WD powerleveled to 60 and fitted out. What should I be looking to upgrade here? I wasn't sure on the pants, different guides were suggesting different ones. Managed to grab the helm for 2m which seems like a nice find, all the others with crit started at 20m.

Your dps is good enough for MP7 but your ehp is a little low. Your pants have low rolls on int and vit and the IAS isn't really helping. Try and get some pants with 80+ int, 180+ vit, +armor and 2 sockets. If you're on NA SC I just checked the AH and there's a pair of pants with all this + about 40 all res going for 2m. You'd keep your current damage and increase your ehp quite significantly. Ideally you'd want 150+ int instead of 80+ but that would increase the price to 20m+.

I have no idea for upgrades beyond this. Like I said above, I'm kind of a newbie to the class too.

Pepto

Banned

I would say drop the spiders for locust swarm and if you find that you are dying too often then drop those pants for some rare ones like I did.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

You might want to check the impact of a high level Ruby in your weapon. You don't have 50% CHC, so I don't know if you're maximizing the benefit of your high CHD. Just a thought!

Also, Carlos was able to solo MP10 ponies! Now that's not to say it was efficient, but I managed! I think I'll farm on MP8 for now. I think I need to get about 20k more life before I feel SUPER comfortable in MP10. The spike damage is pretty crazy at times and SV can only save my life so many times, ha.

So I'm cashing out my barb and DH items. Looks like I'm looking at about ~250 total.

I'm doing this solely because I feel people are not going to want old items any longer after these new loot systems and new expansion pack items.

I feel if I wait too long people are going to realize this too.

Hope I didnt make a huge mistake lol. Also I seem to be able to build high MP level sets anyways with lots of cheap and craft items, so I don't feel like holding onto any big ticket items any longer.

The idea of cashing out occurred to me too but I think the ROS announcement infused return of many players has already peaked in terms of gear selling at absurdly high prices. Last week you could sell average gear for millions but it's not happening anymore. Same goes for the RMAH. I sold a couple of ~10 mill items for $5 (worth 100 mill gold) but it seems folks aren't biting anymore, even if I price them at $1.49.

alife

Thanks for the tips. I ended up making some pretty dramatic changes and went to the CoB cookie cutter build.

CoB is the shit. I'm in love with this build. Have you tried running a 1-Hand and Mojo with CoB yet?

So I'm cashing out my barb and DH items. Looks like I'm looking at about ~250 total.

I'm doing this solely because I feel people are not going to want old items any longer after these new loot systems and new expansion pack items.

I feel if I wait too long people are going to realize this too.

Hope I didnt make a huge mistake lol. Also I seem to be able to build high MP level sets anyways with lots of cheap and craft items, so I don't feel like holding onto any big ticket items any longer.

Good shit. I did the same thing recently. Realized DH wasn't cutting it anymore even with 410k DPS, so sold the most expensive items and gave the rest of my set away. Wish I had done this sooner, but like you said, better done before anyone realizes it too. Still trying to sell my Lacunis though, I want a new Skorn.

My DH could never do this:
BALYDV3.jpg

My DH never had that high DPS, I got to 220K, but my EHP was at 750K and tanked the hell outta the game (still does actually with craftted and cheap gear)

alife

My DH never had that high DPS, I got to 220K, but my EHP was at 750K and tanked the hell outta the game (still does actually with craftted and cheap gear)

My DH's EHP was shit lol. I was a glass cannon basically. Only around 400-500 AR and 35k health. I had to abuse Vault a lot. Did everything one-handed on my mouse so I can maneuver my skills in the fastest manner with only my left finger toggling the shift key. But farming was too slow for me. So are you ditching your Barb and DH for another class?

My DH's EHP was shit lol. I was a glass cannon basically. Only around 400-500 AR and 35k health. I had to abuse Vault a lot. Did everything one-handed on my mouse so I can maneuver my skills in the fastest manner with only my left finger toggling the shift key. But farming was too slow for me. So are you ditching your Barb and DH for another class?

Yea my DH has like 720 lowest resist once I get Boar up and most of them are in the 800s, and I have like 65K dps.

I'm gonna grind with DH for a bit more, then switch to Monk which most of my gear should transfer pretty well.

I've gotten really bored of Barb grinding that to Paragon 100. I'm pumped for Crusader though.

I also want to do an Archon Wizard and WD CoB but not sure if I'll have time. Depends when all the new stuff comes out. I think I'll do the DH to Paragon 60 or so, monk to Paragon 50, then start the Wizard then WD if I have time.

alife

Yea my DH has like 720 lowest resist once I get Boar up and most of them are in the 800s, and I have like 65K dps.

I'm gonna grind with DH for a bit more, then switch to Monk which most of my gear should transfer pretty well.

I've gotten really bored of Barb grinding that to Paragon 100. I'm pumped for Crusader though.

I also want to do an Archon Wizard and WD CoB but not sure if I'll have time. Depends when all the new stuff comes out. I think I'll do the DH to Paragon 60 or so, monk to Paragon 50, then start the Wizard then WD if I have time.

Yeah, Crusader class looks fun. I enjoyed the Paladin in D2. I'm looking forward to the Mystic. Would be cool if Loot 2.0 launched Q1 2014. Archon and CoB WD ftw. I might make a Monk but I don't wanna grind another 60. I had my WD @ 43 for like 7 months, so thought, "Fuck it."

Watching streams of the console version makes me wanna play it but I wouldn't have any feeling of reward. Game has been out for 5 days, people with legit profiles already rocking over 100k DPS. Shit.. I remember getting to 85k dps on my glass cannon wiz pre-Inferno-nerf, then they nerfed attack speed. Then going from 45k to 100k... that took forever. Then came the 100k's...

Cipherr

Best decision I ever made was stripping my DH down and selling all his gear to gear my Monk. A shame that I wasted some 400 hours on the DH class.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
CoB is the shit. I'm in love with this build. Have you tried running a 1-Hand and Mojo with CoB yet?

No - I've read that Skorn is the superior choice, but that COULD be due to mana management and ASPD. If I could find a nice 1-hand with Mojo, I may try it.

Blue post on how the mystic works
The way enchanting works right now (which, bear in mind, may change as we continue internal testing and receive feedback) is that you'd get to choose which affix you re-roll. So the process would be something like: visit Mystic --> select affix to re-roll --> pay material cost --> get randomly-generated list of new affixes --> chose single affix from list --> old affix replaced with new affix --> profit. The plan, at the moment at least, is to make an item account-bound if it's enchanted.

We're still tinkering with the actual costs and mechanics, as well as some remaining niggly details (like can you re-roll the same affix over and over? should the costs scale with each affix you re-roll? if yes, how much? etc) which is why we haven't done a grand reveal of the Mystic just yet.

Figures they'd throw in an RNG component into this. Our new crafting hell awaits.

alife

For reals, Cipherr.

No - I've read that Skorn is the superior choice, but that COULD be due to mana management and ASPD. If I could find a nice 1-hand with Mojo, I may try it.

I just tried out a 1-Hand with Mojo and it mainly just ticks more often, so you'll see every crit hit for around 800k-1.5mil depending on your dps. Found a nice 103-453 dmg, 200 Int, 100 Vit Uhkapian Serpent for 15mil. Manajuma's Carving Knife with 958 dps, 194 Int, 84% CD, 2.9% LS, and socket was like 25 mil, then stuck a ruby in there. I found that running with a Skorn + Emerald gives you twice the crit damage and I only have to Locust Swarm + Soul Harvest then Cloud of Bats when I've kited at least 50 targets. Going with 1-Hand and Mojo, I tick for damage faster but because of the low LS, I can't kite as large of mobs as I could with my Skorn. I get faster mana regen for sure with 1H+M so it depends how you want to play. I can sit back with my Skorn and kite the entire area of Fields of Misery without a hitch. I would prefer 1H+M in tighter spaces, e.g. Halls of Agony. Those big guys interrupt me too much with my Skorn.

Edit:
Ehh.. just tested 1H+M on elites, and you're right, it burns through mana too fast unless mobs stay in one spot which isn't always the case. But for trash mobs and quick kills it's fine. I miss the W key from D2, having 2 sets of weapons on you.

foladar

Blue post on how the mystic works

Figures they'd throw in an RNG component into this. Our new crafting hell awaits.

More reasonable than I expected, though, allowing someone to choose from a list of affixes (or the old affix if you didn't like any of the new options) since i was expecting it to just roll one random without giving the player an option.

Yea I remember being so pissed I spent 350 hours on my DH and then my Barb got more powerful and more durable at like 80 hour mark. So much wasted potential.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For reals, Cipherr.

I just tried out a 1-Hand with Mojo and it mainly just ticks more often, so you'll see every crit hit for around 800k-1.5mil depending on your dps. Found a nice 103-453 dmg, 200 Int, 100 Vit Uhkapian Serpent for 15mil. Manajuma's Carving Knife with 958 dps, 194 Int, 84% CD, 2.9% LS, and socket was like 25 mil, then stuck a ruby in there. I found that running with a Skorn + Emerald gives you twice the crit damage and I only have to Locust Swarm + Soul Harvest then Cloud of Bats when I've kited at least 50 targets. Going with 1-Hand and Mojo, I tick for damage faster but because of the low LS, I can't kite as large of mobs as I could with my Skorn. I get faster mana regen for sure with 1H+M so it depends how you want to play. I can sit back with my Skorn and kite the entire area of Fields of Misery without a hitch. I would prefer 1H+M in tighter spaces, e.g. Halls of Agony. Those big guys interrupt me too much with my Skorn.

Edit:
Ehh.. just tested 1H+M on elites, and you're right, it burns through mana too fast unless mobs stay in one spot which isn't always the case. But for trash mobs and quick kills it's fine. I miss the W key from D2, having 2 sets of weapons on you.

Yeah, the data suggested Skorn > 1h + Mojo mostly because of mana. If you've got some ridiculous mana regen or something, you MAY be able to go that route. But no matter what, you're right about interrupts. I HAAATE getting knocked back or anything similar. That's usually what kills me (and off-screen Charge Beasts).

More reasonable than I expected, though, allowing someone to choose from a list of affixes (or the old affix if you didn't like any of the new options) since i was expecting it to just roll one random without giving the player an option.

Firstly, I think they will use an account bound ingredient like a Demonic Essence per craft. Except they'll probably introduce a new one since many will have farmed up hundreds of those. Second, I very much doubt they will let you go back to your old affix once you have paid the mystic (unless it shows up in the list). I expect they will show you 3-4 possible affixes which can include useless stuff like +health from globes or something. Basically I'm expecting them to pick 3-4 from the entire list that currently shows up in the auction house filter for any slot.

This still sounds less random than crafting which is why I don't think they will let it through in it's current form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom