• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

What do you guys do with unwanted loots?

Currently I'm just selling Rares and salvage lv60+ blues for crafting materials and sell them, I know some don't even bother with blues anymore but I can't resist picking them up :p.

Macmanus

How are people enjoying the monk post 1.04? Debating finishing leveling him up or starting a fresh character.

Currently I'm just selling Rares and salvage lv60+ blues for crafting materials and sell them, I know some don't even bother with blues anymore but I can't resist picking them up :p.

Sell anything ilvl 60 and under. Break down everything 61+. I pick up blues - though I think that might come to an end.

MrDaravon

Even after this patch I still can't fucking get past Ghom. Sitting on 30+ deaths right now. It's been like 2 months. I hate my fucking life.

As someone who's never even reached Inferno yet (I'm lvl 55 currently), all these legendary drops are being found in Inferno, yes?

Is it pointless to even look for anything if you're not in Inferno yet? No one says what difficulty they're playing on so I'm assuming you're all in Inferno.

Xanathus

I seem to have hit a wall with my ww barb towards the end of act III. I'm taking too much damage before I can set up the for the ww. I though my resistances/vit/hp were decent but I seem to be taking a lot of damage. Here's my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larvi-1905/hero/19797486

Am I undergeared? Or should I switch to a more tank style barb build?

Thanks.

You need more crit chance since you're using a mighty weapon as your main hand, so you're missing out on 10% crit chance from weapon master with mace/axe. So replace either your weapon or cheaper (slightly) option is get a high crit chance amulet.

As someone who's never even reached Inferno yet (I'm lvl 55 currently), all these legendary drops are being found in Inferno, yes?

Is it pointless to even look for anything if you're not in Inferno yet? No one says what difficulty they're playing on so I'm assuming you're all in Inferno.

Always inferno son.

Legendary drops in lower difficulties but are worthless

yeah pretty much everyone here is on inferno. It's where you'll have the best chance to farm level 63 items and high level legendaries. Some cases the only chance :p

MrDaravon

I can help if you want.

I want to do it by myself, because I find it fucking ridiculous that I can faceroll act 1 and 2, and now with this patch I can do the same for everything else up until this in Act 3. It's just incredibly fucking retarded.

Zeppelin

w41Rx.jpg

GunBeGood.gif

FHdTq.jpg

yeah pretty much everyone here is on inferno. It's where you'll have the best chance to farm level 63 items and high level legendaries. Some cases the only chance :p

I was one who got bored with the game, well before level 60, when I realized that at level 60, there wouldn't be much new to do. Now with paragon levels and a somewhat easier game, I'm back in it and rushing towards 60. I just wondered if there's even a point of me exploring every nook and cranny in Hell, or should I just focus on getting through the acts, and on to Inferno. Sounds like it.

Macmanus

I was one who got bored with the game, well before level 60, when I realized that at level 60, there wouldn't be much new to do. Now with paragon levels and a somewhat easier game, I'm back in it and rushing towards 60. I just wondered if there's even a point of me exploring every nook and cranny in Hell, or should I just focus on getting through the acts, and on to Inferno. Sounds like it.

I found a decent lengedary ammy that I used for a while in Inferno off Hell Diablo, so while it's possible to find decent loot in Hell, I would just cruise on through to Inferno as your upgrades will be more long term.

I pick up all blues/yellows and sell everything that's not worth putting on the AH. I don't salvage anything except crap legendaries for the brimstones. I'm really considering just starting to pick up yellows only though because I get so much stuff dropping that I find I'm going back and forth to town a fair bit on runs.

The reality of it is that my bankroll doesn't go up significant amounts due to selling blues at the vendor, it's selling the big ticket items on the AH so I feel I'd make better use of my time just skipping the blues.

larvi

I would say if you have other gears, lose some vitality and get some more crit chance and LoH on Ring and Amulet, 40% should be good.

You need more crit chance since you're using a mighty weapon as your main hand, so you're missing out on 10% crit chance from weapon master with mace/axe. So replace either your weapon or cheaper (slightly) option is get a high crit chance amulet.

Thanks, yeah, I knew my crit chance was definitly low but I activate war cry and take a few swings to get some fury and my health is pretty much gone at that point before I can even think about starting my sprint/ww so crit isn't going to help too much there. I'll keep watching auctions to try to pick up some better stuff on the cheap, I'm thinking 1 handers should start dropping in price with all of the nice 2 handers that are being found.

Finally beat Ghom. Jesus Christ.

Okay yeah, I finally got to Inferno Ghom today (between my new Xbow and a couple other tiny upgrades) and I can't beat him. He's kind of a brick wall, because the damn clouds serve as a soft engrage, and as a squishy DH, I can't stand in them at all. Even with high DPS, there's not enough space in the room to kite him around before there are clouds everywhere. Dropped the 5-Stack I had built up and tried various builds to no avail.

I now understand what people had been talking about before - he's no Joke.

Any strats? Or should I just get some tanky Monk or Barb to carry me through it?

Okay yeah, I finally got to Inferno Ghom today (between my new Xbow and a couple other tiny upgrades) and I can't beat him. He's kind of a brick wall, because the damn clouds serve as a soft engrage, and as a squishy DH, I can't stand in them at all. Even with high DPS, there's not enough space in the room to kite him around before there are clouds everywhere. Dropped the 5-Stack I had built up and tried various builds to no avail.

Any strats? Or should I just get some tanky Monk or Barb to carry me through it?

Was in the same spot. I did the dh tank build. I tank him solo in a 4 player game: sure it took forever but it couldn't touch me. I had 800loh

MrDaravon

I abused the new Vault + Trail of Cinders to get him. I was trying to solo him for a reason, but really if you get one or two people with you it's probably a non-issue.

Also since I'm new to these, how long does it take for the bnet character profiles or whatever to update? I was going to link to mine to ask for some advice, but it's still showing my old setup and mf/gf gear on from like 6 hours ago.

larvi

Was in the same spot. I did the dh tank build. I tank him solo in a 4 player game: sure it took forever but it couldn't touch me. I had 800loh

Have you tried that in 1.04? I'm not sure that would work anymore since they nerfed the loh procs on caltrops and gas grenades. I beat him solo with my barb in 1.04 but haven't tried again with my DH since the patch came out.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I feel like I level faster solo... but I can't solo Act III in my MF gear - so I always group it. I level a touch slower that way, but my drops are MUCH better.

I guess if I stay in good groups, the speed wont be any worse.

Every Good group I am in now has the same element

Barb, Witch Doctor and any other third random char. I wish it were possible to be a more more specific with group find "add me to a group with 1 barb and 1 WD" - would love that feature.

That flavor text combined with the 5 damage thorns. So good.

That said, the Armor on it with the DEX, All Resist, and Life% isn't exactly terrible for the level.

The funniest part was that I've done 4 runs with my monk so far, remembered that a I have a barb and not 5 minutes in that drops

Blizz hates me

A couple seconds later I had a plan for Quick Draw Belt too. I'm not going to see another legendary until November

DieH@rd

Banned
I will soon install SSD and new Win7 into my PC, and my question is:

Can I simply copy my old D3 on the SSD and hope that game launcher will fix everything that is needed, or do I need to install brand new instance of the game on SSD?. I would really like not to download the game client again.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Okay, my profile finally updated, this is my "proper" gear (I have 200+ MF/GF gear I can do Act 1 with): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

I'm a bit out of the loop, any specific recommendations?

Also is Entangling Arrow more viable now? Early on I was running that. Also I dropped Caltrops for Vault which I'm on the fence about.

Gawd, I don't know what recommendations you'd need - super jealous of your gear - my best stuff puts me at about 30k DPS unbuffed. As a monk though.

Revoh

I will soon install SSD and new Win7 into my PC, and my question is:

Can I simply copy my old D3 on the SSD and hope that game launcher will fix everything that is needed, or do I need to install brand new instance of the game on SSD?. I would really like not to download the game client again.
Yeah, just copy the folder.

lordy88

Okay, my profile finally updated, this is my "proper" gear (I have 200+ MF/GF gear I can do Act 1 with): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

I'm a bit out of the loop, any specific recommendations?

Also is Entangling Arrow more viable now? Early on I was running that. Also I dropped Caltrops for Vault which I'm on the fence about.

Well, I take a different route with my build, as I'm a huge fan of super explosive crit damage via Cluster Arrow.

Nevertheless, I would recommend trying to get rid of Sharpshooter if you can, and work towards more natural crit damage/crit chance. Sharpshooter is a misrepresentation of your actual DPS, and can do more harm than good, tricking you to thinking you are more efficient than you actually are.

If you want help in that direction, I'd take a look at my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Stonewater-1762/hero/777658

Radec

Finally got outbid on a mace that I thought was cool at first then after a few minutes after bidding on it I changed my mind. Whew.. saved 15m lol

MrDaravon

Well, I take a different route with my build, as I'm a huge fan of super explosive crit damage via Cluster Arrow.

Nevertheless, I would recommend trying to get rid of Sharpshooter if you can, and work towards more natural crit damage/crit chance. Sharpshooter is a misrepresentation of your actual DPS, and can do more harm than good, tricking you to thinking you are more efficient than you actually are.

If you want help in that direction, I'd take a look at my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Stonewater-1762/hero/777658

Agreed on the Sharpshooter bit, IIRC it was basically an issue of getting upgrades and the trade-offs I would have to make on my existing equipment being super, super expensive.

Other than that I think we just play a bit different; I'll give it another go but I remember really disliking Cluster Arrow (although it's obviously viable), and I'd go for the Entangling Shot rune that hits 2 additional enemies, although obviously in your case the Hatred regen works for your setup. How does Shadow Power work out for you though? Ideally I'd love to drop Smoke Screen and go to that, but I see that you have both which seems a bit unusual.

IlludiumQ36

First post-1.04 legendary achieved. Sadly, only an iLvl 56, but it was a "new" version of one previously stashed. I present old vs new:

wCcRm.jpg
AxxwE.jpg

A part of me wants to play around with the shielding chance - for giggles, of course

Agreed on the Sharpshooter bit, IIRC it was basically an issue of getting upgrades and the trade-offs I would have to make on my existing equipment being super, super expensive.

Other than that I think we just play a bit different; I'll give it another go but I remember really disliking Cluster Arrow (although it's obviously viable), and I'd go for the Entangling Shot rune that hits 2 additional enemies, although obviously in your case the Hatred regen works for your setup. How does Shadow Power work out for you though? Ideally I'd love to drop Smoke Screen and go to that, but I see that you have both which seems a bit unusual.
Shadow Power - Gloom is such a fantastic skill. I use it a lot more than Smoke Screen, however I actually use the SS coupled with Tactical Advantage to move around quicker.

I've tried to replace my Caltrops with the Vault/Cinder combo, but I find it just winds up getting me killed more often than not. My more common thing to do is lay down some caltrops, pop gloom and I can sit right in there doing damage with my ball lightining/hungering arrow which I noticed you also use.

I chose to go with a full nat's set though and it really makes a huge difference. My DPS isn't as high, but because I can pop gloom all the time it really allows me to stay in the action a lot more rather than almost ever needing to kite.

My build if you are looking for ideas still:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cerebus-1696/hero/16373259

lordy88

Good question. I tend to work both for different situations. Smokescreen is used as my 'panic button', while Shadow Power is used when I need to regain health, or am fighting Reflect Damage elites. One or two shots of Cluster Arrow while using Shadow Power gets me back to full health, and given my resists and health, I find myself in that situation rather frequently.

I thought of switching in Caltrops, marked for death or rain of vengeance, but shadow power just seemed to work best in the long run. I will say though, working entagled shot with 6 hatred per shot (justice is served rune), gets immense hatred regen, and turns you into a sniper of the gods. It's a pretty damn awesome feeling.

Ended up joining a group that was able to beat Ghom. Probably won't be doing him again any time soon.

Done playing for the moment though - I'll continue my Act 3 conquest later.

Ohhh my gawwwd a legit upgrade from a drop. Checkcheck out the greatness:

Of6zm.png

Takes me Demon Hunter to about 72K dps (without sharpshooter), raises my crit chance to almost 45%, AND gives me the all resist. Which I currently have none of on my bracers since I'm glass cannoning it up and don't want to waste gold.

So tempting to sell though :p

Of6zm.png

Takes me Demon Hunter to about 72K dps (without sharpshooter), raises my crit chance to almost 45%, AND gives me the all resist. Which I currently have none of on my bracers since I'm glass cannoning it up and don't want to waste gold.

Beautiful...you know you've got a winner when all 3 stats show as green!

neoism

Of6zm.png

jgFVZq2N7l8GV.png

got this for 80k lo a long time ago...

trade + a 100k I'm not sure I'm a poison res monk but it has more all res need dat dex.. :p

Trickster

Just found the sickest enchantress weapon:

s45tV.png

Wait... oh yeah enchantresses can't use polearms as the ONLY FUCKING 2 HANDED WEAPONS.

Fuck.This.Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom